3 British Muslims convicted of plotti...

3 British Muslims convicted of plotting terror bombings

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#1 Feb 21, 2013
3 British men convicted of plotting terror bombings to rival London's 7/7 attacks

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/21/3-bri...

Published February 21, 2013

Associated Press

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 21, 2013
LONDON – Three young British Muslims have been convicted of plotting terrorist bomb attacks that prosecutors said were intended to be bigger than the 2005 London transit bombings.

A London jury found 27-year-old Irfan Khalid, 31-year-old Irfan Naseer and Ashik Ali, 27, of being central figures in the foiled plot to explode knapsack bombs.

Prosecutors said the men, fired up by the sermons of a US.-born Al Qaeda preacher, hoped to cause carnage on a mass scale. Their plot was undone by mishaps with money and logistics, and ended in a police counterterrorism swoop in 2011.

Several other suspects have pleaded guilty to offenses related to the plot.

In July 2005, suicide bombers killed 52 commuters on London's subway and bus network.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Feb 21, 2013
Birmingham men guilty of mass bomb plot

21 February 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21534048

This article has more details.
Muslim Vigilantes

UK

#4 Feb 21, 2013
So?
You going to start a new war because of 3 misguided Muslims?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 21, 2013
LOL

Awwww, someones upset that his nasty brothers got busted!

They sound just like you! Not misguided, just typical violent, hateful muslimes that want to murder innocent people.
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#6 Feb 21, 2013
this storys getting bigger and bigger
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#7 Feb 21, 2013
Muslim Vigilantes wrote:
So?
You going to start a new war because of 3 misguided Muslims?
Qur'an:9:38 "Believers, what is the matter with you, that when you are asked to go forth and fight in Allah's Cause you cling to the earth? Do you prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? Unless you go forth, He will afflict and punish you with a painful doom, and put others in your place."

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Quotes.Islam
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#8 Feb 21, 2013
According to the London-based Jewish Chronicle they were planning to target a synagogue

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.as...
Maulana Azzam

Poole, UK

#9 Feb 21, 2013
Muslim Vigilantes wrote:
So?
You going to start a new war because of 3 misguided Muslims?
These youths need our support. I'm sure they are law-abiding Muslims with a grudge. We must move authorities to address the grievances of young Muslims.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Maulana Azzam wrote:
<quoted text>
These youths need our support. I'm sure they are law-abiding Muslims with a grudge. We must move authorities to address the grievances of young Muslims.
LMAO

Proving once again that there is no such thing as a moderate muslime...you are all terrorists, some of you just haven't blown up yet!
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#11 Feb 21, 2013
'Four lions' gang were led by 23-stone jihadi nicknamed 'Chubbs' who stayed home researching 'anarchists' cookbook' online because he was too fat to carry weapons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22823...
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#12 Feb 21, 2013
WHY DID NO ONE IN PLOTTERS’ COMMUNITY TIP OFF POLICE?

Nobody in the bomb plotters' own community tipped the police off with their concerns, despite finding out they were sending young men to terror training camps in Pakistan.

At no point during the 18-month investigation by the West Midlands counter-terrorism unit did anyone in Birmingham's Muslim community inform on the behaviour of Irfan Naseer, Irfan Khalid (together right) and Ashik Ali, raising questions over the health of relations between officers and community leaders.

This was despite the fact the families of four other young men recruited from Sparkhill all intervened to bring them back home the moment they found out the real reasons for them travelling to Pakistan.

Detective Inspector Adam Gough, senior investigating officer, said the extended families of the four men had 'become aware' of why they went to Pakistan but, in any case,'did not tell us'.

Ishaaq Hussain, Shahid Khan, Khobaib Hussain and Naweed Ali were told to tell loved ones they were studying at madrassas if asked.

Police and security services were aware the four were travelling but decided against stopping them to preserve the surveillance operation (below) and because evidence-gathering was in the early stages.

According to detectives, none of the men received any terror training as they left the camps after a day.

Mr Gough said:'We know pressure was applied to them to come back.

'Shahid Khan virtually ran home. Three of the four came back almost immediately, while the fourth stayed with his family in Pakistan.

'We know that they did reach a training camp.

'But it is a success story in that the families did bring those people back and it shows the vast majority of the community abhor terrorism in the same way we do.'

Community engagement - under what the police call the Prevent programme - is supposed to form a cornerstone of the UK counter-terrorism policing strategy.

Prevent aims to respond 'to the ideological challenge of terrorism' by 'developing partnerships' with communities, thereby preventing people being 'drawn into terrorism'.

Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale, who is responsible for counter-terrorism at West Midlands Police, said:'The families were trying to do their best to get them back and stop them getting into trouble, rather than get in touch with us.

'I agree it would have been really good if more could have been shared with us, and we could have dealt with it in a different way.

'In terms of community engagement, would I like them to come forward more? Yes, I would.

'Do I think they (the Muslim community) were being disruptive - no, I do not.'

Mr Beale also said he believed the two local charitable organisations on whose behalf the three men had masqueraded to raise money "were duped, rather than being complicit'.

He added:'We want to help make sure they (the charities) are not quite so easily duped in the future.'

Some of that money scammed from charities was actually gambled away by another member of the group, Rahin Ahmed, who was given the task of playing the financial markets to try to increase the group's cash reserves.

He previously admitted engaging in conduct in preparation of acts of terror, encouraging acts of terror, collecting money for terrorism and assisting other to travel for training in terrorism.

On one occasion, Ahmed - an unemployed law graduate who was a community worker with one of the charities - lost £3,000 when he left his computer screen for five minutes to boil a kettle.

He tried to recover some of his losses, but in total lost £9,000 of the £14,500 invested.

There was talk in the group of acquiring a shop, as a front for a bomb factory at the back of the premises, but Ahmed lost too much money and the idea had to be dropped.

Mr Beale said the police do not know how much money the group collected.
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Maulana Azzam wrote:
<quoted text>
These youths need our support. I'm sure they are law-abiding Muslims with a grudge. We must move authorities to address the grievances of young Muslims.
youths lol 27 29 31 lool that old lines wearing thin
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Nobody in the bomb plotters' own community tipped the police off with their concerns, despite finding out they were sending young men to terror training camps in Pakistan.
At no point during the 18-month investigation by the West Midlands counter-terrorism unit did anyone in Birmingham's Muslim community inform on the behaviour of Irfan Naseer, Irfan Khalid (together right) and Ashik Ali, raising questions over the health of relations between officers and community leaders.
This was despite the fact the families of four other young men recruited from Sparkhill all intervened to bring them back home the moment they found out the real reasons for them travelling to Pakistan.
Detective Inspector Adam Gough, senior investigating officer, said the extended families of the four men had 'become aware' of why they went to Pakistan but, in any case,'did not tell us'.
Ishaaq Hussain, Shahid Khan, Khobaib Hussain and Naweed Ali were told to tell loved ones they were studying at madrassas if asked.
Police and security services were aware the four were travelling but decided against stopping them to preserve the surveillance operation (below) and because evidence-gathering was in the early stages.
According to detectives, none of the men received any terror training as they left the camps after a day.
Mr Gough said:'We know pressure was applied to them to come back.
'Shahid Khan virtually ran home. Three of the four came back almost immediately, while the fourth stayed with his family in Pakistan.
'We know that they did reach a training camp.
'But it is a success story in that the families did bring those people back and it shows the vast majority of the community abhor terrorism in the same way we do.'
Community engagement - under what the police call the Prevent programme - is supposed to form a cornerstone of the UK counter-terrorism policing strategy.
Prevent aims to respond 'to the ideological challenge of terrorism' by 'developing partnerships' with communities, thereby preventing people being 'drawn into terrorism'.
Assistant Chief Constable Marcus Beale, who is responsible for counter-terrorism at West Midlands Police, said:'The families were trying to do their best to get them back and stop them getting into trouble, rather than get in touch with us.
'I agree it would have been really good if more could have been shared with us, and we could have dealt with it in a different way.
'In terms of community engagement, would I like them to come forward more? Yes, I would.
'Do I think they (the Muslim community) were being disruptive - no, I do not.'
Mr Beale also said he believed the two local charitable organisations on whose behalf the three men had masqueraded to raise money "were duped, rather than being complicit'.
He added:'We want to help make sure they (the charities) are not quite so easily duped in the future.'
Some of that money scammed from charities was actually gambled away by another member of the group, Rahin Ahmed, who was given the task of playing the financial markets to try to increase the group's cash reserves.
He previously admitted engaging in conduct in preparation of acts of terror, encouraging acts of terror, collecting money for terrorism and assisting other to travel for training in terrorism.
On one occasion, Ahmed - an unemployed law graduate who was a community worker with one of the charities - lost £3,000 when he left his computer screen for five minutes to boil a kettle.
He tried to recover some of his losses, but in total lost £9,000 of the £14,500 invested.
There was talk in the group of acquiring a shop, as a front for a bomb factory at the back of the premises, but Ahmed lost too much money and the idea had to be dropped.
Mr Beale said the police do not know how much money the group collected.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22822...

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#15 Feb 21, 2013
george whyte wrote:
WHY DID NO ONE IN PLOTTERS’ COMMUNITY TIP OFF POLICE?
Because they all support the terrorists. More evidence that there is no such thing as a moderate muslime. Just radical muslimes that threaten life and peace.

Thanks for posting the articles George! It's helpful to make this information easily available for all non muslims to read.
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Muslim:C34B20N4668 "The Messenger said:'Anybody who equips a warrior going to fight in the Way of Allah is like one who actually fights. And anybody who looks after his family in his absence is also like one who actually fights."

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Quotes.Islam
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Qur'an:8:72 "Those who accepted Islam and left their homes to fight in Allah's Cause with their possessions and persons, and those who gave (them) asylum, aid, and shelter, those who harbored them - these are allies of one another. You are not responsible for protecting those who embraced Islam but did not leave their homes [to fight] until they do so."
We be dealing with ya

Gloucester, UK

#18 Feb 21, 2013
You guys think you're funny. just wait and see.
We be dealing with ya

Gloucester, UK

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Ravenclaw wrote:
...you are all terrorists...
This is exactly the mindset that drives young proud Muslims into extremism.
And you wonder why they take justice into their hands?
Then again, theirs might be just the right answer to your kind of extremism.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#20 Feb 21, 2013
We be dealing with ya wrote:
You guys think you're funny. just wait and see.
There's nothing funny about terrorist muslimes. But thanks for adding your 2 cents worth (got that from your welfare check?) and proving once again that there are no moderate muslimes, just radical muslimes making threats!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 11 min ATHENA the MACEDO... 454,324
Muhammed was a brilliant man 12 min Dawn of Reality 56
The Biggest Lie: Holocaust. 13 min naman 956
Jesus Christ was a Palestinian Muslim. 36 min naman 697
DY: this FORUM IS NOW DEFUNCT 39 min Darth Yoda in Spirit 8
false mecca history in quran 51 min naman 38
News No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 1 hr JFV 54,697
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Frijoles 225,884
More from around the web