Nalanda University, India- why did th...

Nalanda University, India- why did the invading Muslims destroy it?

Posted in the Islam Forum

Rotislam

Oxford, UK

#1 Nov 9, 2010
Indian learning was put back by over 2 centuries when the invading Muslim armies burnt it down in the 13th Century.
All the monks & many students were killed and its entire library containing priceless Buddhist manuscripts were destroyed.
Has any Muslim expressed regret over this?
Unhappy Muslim

Bangalore, India

#2 Sep 13, 2011
I am a Muslim and deeply ashamed to be one. My people over the past 1400 years have destroyed precious manuscripts and libraries, slaughtered millions of innocent people, women and children, raped and murdered innocent girls in millions and have committed every horrible atrocity in the eyes of God and man. I keep my mouth shut and keep my comments to myself and I don't talk about these things as I will get into serious trouble because my evil religion permits Jihad against innocent non-Muslims. As a Muslim I am deeply ashamed.
gupta

Vellore, India

#3 Oct 14, 2011
they r morons! have spoiled my country culturally and spiritually. when they had nothing to do, they use to destroy the sculptures,mis behave to rajput women and what not. shit !! These r real ass holes. and surprisingly their descendants r still lik dat, they don bother if its rit or not, but c if he/she belong s to their community. thats y stupid govt hesitates to prosecute Ajmal kasab, Afzal Guru, Hasan Ali etc killers.
In 1000s yrs of Indian History, no king invaded other countries for fun. We gave but we never took forcibly. Its in our blood that we excuse even an enemy. Ex: Ghazni invasion during Pritvi raj Chauhan.
Remember u Morons !!
Hundustan,Hindus r gud! If they were not...remember...No outer, no other religion cud sustain in my country today.

jai hind
Anandgopal

Coimbatore, India

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Devil religion demolished the great structure,is it fair? They did it in the name of god, it is nothing but a clear "INNOCENCE OF MUSLIMS"
vivek singh

Ashburn, VA

#5 Jan 4, 2013
the indian learning pushed back to 10 centuries. Today India gets name and fame only by hindus.Innocense of muslim are responsible for
A sadhak

Mumbai, India

#6 Mar 8, 2013
Unhappy Muslim wrote:
I am a Muslim and deeply ashamed to be one. My people over the past 1400 years have destroyed precious manuscripts and libraries, slaughtered millions of innocent people, women and children, raped and murdered innocent girls in millions and have committed every horrible atrocity in the eyes of God and man. I keep my mouth shut and keep my comments to myself and I don't talk about these things as I will get into serious trouble because my evil religion permits Jihad against innocent non-Muslims. As a Muslim I am deeply ashamed.
Dear unhappy muslim, please don't identify with what the muslims have done over the years.Islam is a very deep spiritual tradition and has been used and abused by successive followers to inflict harm on others. However it's basic tenets are very sound and mohammad received the teachings in a meditative state to unify and educate arab society of that period.Due to lack of reform movements however it remained stagnant although the sufi traditions did try to lead people on the right spiritual path. Don't be ashamed instead try to grow spiritually by reading, meditation and right actions. No matter which religion you follow the basic aim of all is spiritual growth so your negative feeling towards your community will stand in the way of that. Hope you do not mind my comments.
patil

Pune, India

#7 Jun 16, 2013
over the past 1400 years Muslim people have destroyed precious manuscripts and libraries, slaughtered millions of innocent people, women and children, raped and murdered innocent girls in millions
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#8 Jun 16, 2013
patil wrote:
over the past 1400 years Muslim people have destroyed precious manuscripts and libraries, slaughtered millions of innocent people, women and children, raped and murdered innocent girls in millions
So have other people.
Krishna

Namakkal, India

#11 Oct 3, 2013
No matter which community we belong to..We are Indians. Let us all try to save our nation..
One more truth

UAE

#13 Feb 28, 2014
Because of Muslims Hindustan's history got changed.I don't like their killing instincts.Why only Muslims guys create problems all over the world.if they are proud on their religion they should keep themselves under their boundary.why always they wants, everyone should become Muslims in his world
GODLESS AND FREE

Manchester, UK

#14 Feb 28, 2014
Islam only teaches death and destruction of all things non-islam.

filthy, disgusting, barbaric, fanatic, brainwashed muslims destroy all non-muslim things in the name of their evil allah.
GODLESS AND FREE

Manchester, UK

#15 Feb 28, 2014
disgusting acts like this are proof that muslims are evil and allah is the devil
dissapointed hindu

Anand, India

#16 Jun 4, 2014
These Muslims have ruined what should have been the reed of education for the whole world...why do they create problems for all the non Islam people.so educated were our sages their pure knowledge which was all written in the manuscripts was all completely destroyed.I think its an unrepairable loss for the whole world.
neel

Lucknow, India

#17 Jun 4, 2014
Beacuse muslims like illiteracy
Sanjay

Keswick, Canada

#18 Jun 4, 2014
neel wrote:
Beacuse muslims like illiteracy
Following their prophet who was illiterate
neel

Suri, India

#19 Jun 4, 2014
Sanjay wrote:
<quoted text>
Following their prophet who was illiterate
Yeah! They follow him blindly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 32 min Mrs Sunny 515,688
News CNN show tells stories of Arab, Muslim American... 48 min Mishianna 12
Spacedoubt on ATS is a liberal dirtbag. 1 hr Spacedoubt is an ... 1
News Two men caned 83 times at Indonesian mosque for... 1 hr Boob Power 20
News What is Ramadan? Why can't Muslims eat or drink? 1 hr Adnan 2
The Clash between the West and Islam (Aug '10) 1 hr Roy 10
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 2 hr Roy 12,673
Manchester massacre _ who cares? 5 hr LOL 35
More from around the web