Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

Is Islam the Religion of Peace?

There are 277 comments on the www.news24.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled Is Islam the Religion of Peace?. In it, www.news24.com reports that:

I'm a free thinker, free from religious dogma. What I can't understand is why Muslims move to democratic countries and riot and cause trouble ...

Muslims abroad get to do what they like, when they like and how they like, but heaven forbid a person who is not a Muslim says something about them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.news24.com.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#108 Oct 6, 2012
Strange--- how the Koran preaches against violence but 'they' think it's a good thing to strap themselves with bombs and blow up others. It's ok if they do it, but don't let the opposition do it? Does the Koran gloryfy suicide?

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#110 Oct 6, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sweetie, if the last thousand or so years of Christian history have slipped from your mind, you have successfully proved yourself to be an idiot. No religion is the Religion of Peace, period.
Seems like Rick from Kansas the Pomeranian does not play well.
A few cherry picked verses from "the book" mention Islamic peace,
but this is overwhelmingly drowned out by verses of death to the infidels.
This is the present. if you want to live in the past behave like a Serb, Bosnian or others from the Baltic countries who are still holding grudges over events of 1000 years ago.
Daddy

Oaxaca, Mexico

#111 Oct 6, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a combination of the past and your fantasy land. Join the rest of us in the present where christians are not slaying people, but muslims are. Join us in looking at current events where muslims murder people who are accused of being gay. In the here and now women and girls are being tortured and killed - by muslims. History can't be changed but the future can be, if morons like yourself would get a clue and see what's happening in the world today.
By the way, it's really creepy to see a dude calling another dude 'hon' and 'sweetie' among other things. I'm sure you are trying to be condescending, really it just looks weird. And creepy.
And just plain QUEERISH too. Nothing against a homosexual sob of course. I think they should multiply at will! Hahaha Just keep their fkn freaky ass distance!
Romney-R is 4 the rich

Chicago, IL

#112 Oct 6, 2012
Linda McMahon (R) spend 50 000 000 so she can be elected in the nutmeg state . I mean where people like her get 50M bucks ??
Max

Montréal, Canada

#113 Oct 6, 2012
Islam is the religion of peace. Once everyone are Muslims, we will be at peace.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#114 Oct 6, 2012
Max wrote:
Islam's "peace" of submission is closer to subjugation.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#115 Oct 6, 2012
Max wrote:
do u think the white race is going to start wiping are arses with are fingers, because your pagan moon god allah, or start stoning women to death,or not have a beer after a days work, we would start the crusades, this time our cruise missiles, against your suicide bombers,

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#116 Oct 6, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
You are living in a combination of the past and your fantasy land.
So you claim, let's see what you are able to prove.
Ravenclaw wrote:
Join the rest of us in the present where christians are not slaying people, but muslims are.
Sweetie, unless all of Christendom has renounced violence in the last ten minutes or so, your "present" is a figment of your imagination. Muslims are killing Christians and Christians are killing Muslims in all sorts of place around the world as we speak.
Ravenclaw wrote:
Join us in looking at current events where muslims murder people who are accused of being gay.
We are well aware of that and wish more could be done to get them to stop doing that. Christians don't murder gays as organized sport like the Muslims do, but there are good Christian Pastors who clearly want to. Didn't hear a whole lot of denouncing going on from the religious set when a couple of your pastoral ilk suggested that the government round us and systematically starve us to death or some other sort of expression of Christian love. Y'all have our blood on your hands too, not currently as much as among many of your Islamic brethren, but you have your share. Whether it's the God hates you message of far too many Christians which can't help but contribute to the suicide rate among LGBT people and the psychic damage you wreak with the sick notion that you can pray away the gay. Your violence is less bloody, but still there.
Ravenclaw wrote:
In the here and now women and girls are being tortured and killed - by muslims.
Again, while not an organized sport among your fellow Christians as it is among many Muslims, you seriously can't be telling me that there is no such abuse, present tense, being carried out in the name of Jesus?
Ravenclaw wrote:
History can't be changed but the future can be, if morons like yourself would get a clue and see what's happening in the world today.
No dear, you want me to see the world as YOU see it, not as it really is. In the present tense, Muslims are more violent, that does not prove Christians are NOT violent, nor that Christian violence is any more acceptable. A zealot with a bomb is a zealot with a bomb and if you have the misfortune of being there when the zealot sets off their bomb, what God they're blaming really doesn't matter.
Ravenclaw wrote:
By the way, it's really creepy to see a dude calling another dude 'hon' and 'sweetie' among other things. I'm sure you are trying to be condescending, really it just looks weird. And creepy.
Your problem is my problem how sweetie?

this one

#117 Oct 6, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
"...would seem"?
If you're having problems with simple addition, then you're the one having trouble keeping up with the rest of the class.
Yes, would seem, while undoubtedly each racked up a lot of kills of believers for believing in anything other than them, but most of the deaths these monsters inflicted weren't as a result of their being atheists, but their being megalomaniacal dictators with absolute power over a hell of a lot of people.
Max

Montréal, Canada

#118 Oct 6, 2012
swerty wrote:
<quoted text>do u think the white race is going to start wiping are arses with are fingers, because your pagan moon god allah, or start stoning women to death,or not have a beer after a days work, we would start the crusades, this time our cruise missiles, against your suicide bombers,
Do you really think I was serious? Do you really think Topix's boards are serious?

this one

#119 Oct 6, 2012
animals against islam wrote:
Seems like Rick from Kansas the Pomeranian does not play well.
A few cherry picked verses from "the book" mention Islamic peace,
but this is overwhelmingly drowned out by verses of death to the infidels.
This is the present. if you want to live in the past behave like a Serb, Bosnian or others from the Baltic countries who are still holding grudges over events of 1000 years ago.
I don't play well with idiots, dear. Guess what I'm thinking about you now that I've read your response? Is-lam is not the re-li-gion of peace, dim-wit, nei-ther is a-ny o-ther re-li-gion. Past, pre-sent and pro-ba-bly fu-ture tense.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#120 Oct 6, 2012
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think I was serious? Do you really think Topix's boards are serious?
your not on the naughty step no more
Mohammad

New York, NY

#121 Oct 6, 2012
Max wrote:
What peace are you talking about, since mokhammad start his colt of islam by killing the others, heck you muslims are killing each other, and thats fine with me,,, Like the stupid pakistani who blow him self up in a mosque and killed 60 other pakis with him because of the stupid move about mokhammad. Thats perfect I have no issues when you guys kill each other, just do it in your own dam countries

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#122 Oct 6, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Ridiculous lies edited out for space
There goes little ricky, off in his fantasyland, making assumptions and telling lies about that which he knows nothing. Proving my statement is as easy as referring you back to your own posts. Dry out and read your own posts.

At least you are calling a lady ‘sweetie’ this time! I can be sweet, but I don't suffer fools gladly. You are quite the fool.

Prove your statement that christians are killing muslims. That is just something the loser libs have made up in their own minds. I haven't seen any christians flying planes into buildings or rabidly mobbing public places and murdering innocent people. Do tell, when are you losers going to chose a side? Will the gays or the muslims win? You can’t have it both ways. Either you are for gay rights (you know, at least the right to live) or you are for the muslims who want to execute all gays.

Just to clear up another lie you told, I am for gay rights. I am most certainly against executing gay people. Also, another lie/assumption you made - I’m not a christian. I just don’t have an irrational hatred for them like you do. If christians today acted like muslims, I would be of different opinion. The fact is, christians aren’t acting like muslims. If you offend a muslim (and your gay stance and obvious tendancy certainly would) they want to kill you and any other innocent person who happens to be in the way. Conversely, the christians are more likely to pray for your sorry soul(what a waste of time). Then they will make sure you aren’t lacking for food. Those horrible christians. How dare they want to feed someone as idiotic as you. Some of the gene pool should be allowed to die off, thus improving the remaing genes. You are a prime candidate to nominate yourself for a Darwin Award.

When was the last time you were in a church? Of course, I don’t belong to one but I attend on occasion with family members who are christians. It makes my mother happy. Small thing to do really, to bring peace to an old lady. Anyway…of all the churches I have been in I have never heard gays discussed in any way. The preachers certainly aren’t giving blasting sermons about gays going to hell or wanting them executed. I've even seen some obviously gay members attending, gasp! Stop lying, stop drinking the liberal kool-aid. The christians have as much right to their beliefs as you have to your non belief. Just as the jews, hindus, buddists, and satanists, etc have. If the muslims could live peacefully side by side with the rest of us, they would be welcome as well. They have proved that isn’t possible.

If there is abuse by christians going on, prove it. Post legitimate current articles. Otherwise, stop lying.

Your problems (of which you have many) aren’t my problem. I just enjoy pointing out to stupid people how stupid they are. You are one of the dumbest and most uninformed posters in all of topix, and that’s really saying something in a forum that includes izzy.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#123 Oct 6, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, would seem, while undoubtedly each racked up a lot of kills of believers for believing in anything other than them, but most of the deaths these monsters inflicted weren't as a result of their being atheists, but their being megalomaniacal dictators with absolute power over a hell of a lot of people.
LMAO

Typical libbie position - that didn't happen, but if it did, it wasn't our fault.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#125 Oct 6, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, would seem, while undoubtedly each racked up a lot of kills of believers for believing in anything other than them, but most of the deaths these monsters inflicted weren't as a result of their being atheists ...
... it was just a coincidence that three of the most prolific mass murderers in modern history were atheists?

Rick, the next time you go for a walk on this thread, bring some plastic bags to clean up all the BS you leave behind.
Magyar

United States

#126 Oct 6, 2012
Islam is the religion of dogshit, islam is a religion for rapists, molesters, blowups and honor killers.
aiesha s

Sydney, Australia

#127 Oct 6, 2012
Max wrote:
Like in Afghanistan? Somalia? Saudi Arabia?

this one

#128 Oct 6, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
There goes little ricky, off in his fantasyland, making assumptions and telling lies about that which he knows nothing. Proving my statement is as easy as referring you back to your own posts. Dry out and read your own posts.
You know, I get told that I am telling lies, or concocting some sort of fantasy a lot around here. I would think they were actually trying to tell me something, if one of them ever proved that I was doing. I've read my own posts dear, I wrote them. You claim that they are fantastical, but you've offered absolutely nothing to substantiate how or even why. Oh well.

Christian violence may not take the same forms as Islamic violence, but it nonetheless exists. There are still places in the world where Christians are killing the Muslims as Muslims kill the Christians. Any place where large populations of each live within the same national borders, is not a safe place to be living. Nigeria, South Sudan/Sudan, Lebanon, name any place with a persecuted Christian minority, or imperiled majority and you will find armed Christians persecuting right back, if not first. You can add to that the numerous other forms of Christian violence, the faith's hands are nowhere as clean as you imagine in the present tense.

What you people are failing to grasp is that I am neither defending Islam nor attacking Christianity, that's your own doing by "thinking" that it is an either/or proposition and if Islam can't have the title of "the Religion of Peace", it must be Christianity's by default. It doesn't work that way.

I deleted the rest of your post, because after you elaborated on your fantasy that Christians have miraculously become incapable of committing wanton acts of violence, you decided to show everybody just how ridiculous you sound when you try to be insulting. Quit while you're behind, I'm only here now to help you look foolish.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

this one

#129 Oct 6, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
LMAO
Typical libbie position - that didn't happen, but if it did, it wasn't our fault.
Maybe you should have a responsible adult explain my posts to you dear, that's one hell of a reading comprehension problem you have there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mistakes in Quran - Part 1 - The beginning 6 min jinxi 1,841
Support for Geert Wilders rises 10 min sharia_4_all 14
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 15 min topgirl 463,093
How to counter creeping Sharia 18 min sharia_4_all 3
Islam - Behind the veil . 40 min Muslims are liars 23
The USA should take ALL Syrian refugees 51 min Muslims are liars 11
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 230,981
Slovakia says "No muslims allowed" 8 hr INVISIBLE JUSTICE 90
More from around the web