Changing view of Christianity

Aug 29, 2013 Full story: Florida Baptist Witness 178
Jerry Bates* attracts a lot of attention in Central Asia. As an American, he doesn’t quite fit in. As a Christian who is African American, he topples the worldview of many of the Muslims he meets ... Full Story

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#62 Sep 9, 2013
Satan-is-my-Friend wrote:
You people are all INSANE, and should be imprisoned for the good of the world.
Nobody should be imprisoned for something so temporary.

1 John 2:17
"And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#63 Sep 9, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
Exodus 20:4-5
"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them."
You need to read Exodus again.
It says: "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them."
Catholics do not serve idols.
All worship is given to God,

But in the case of Muslims they bow down and serve the Black Stone as their god at the Kaaba!

I stand by my post!
Your post is nothing more than conjecture.
The Roman Catholic Church does not worship idols!

But Muslims do worship the Black Stone idol at the Kaaba that Muhammad Kissed giving it authenticity of being worthy to be worship!

Location hidden

#64 Sep 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to read Exodus again.
It says: "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them."
Catholics do not serve idols.
All worship is given to God,
But in the case of Muslims they bow down and serve the Black Stone as their god at the Kaaba!
I stand by my post!
But Muslims do worship the Black Stone idol at the Kaaba that Muhammad Kissed giving it authenticity of being worthy to be worship!
Maybe you can fool an uninformed initiate, but not me.
I grew up in a Ronan Catholic home.
I was schooled in parochial schools .
I was taught to worship idols.

Keep claiming Catholics don't worship idols. You are just proving yourself a liar.

In my subdivision there are two (2) homes that have images of the virgin Mary in the front yard. I happen to know both of those families.
Would you like to guess what their religion is?

(Go ahead! Claim you cannot guess.)

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#65 Sep 9, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I stand by my post!
Here is a little food for thought for you:

"The statues of the 'gods' from the Pantheon are now found in the Vatican Museum with the exception of the great statue of Jupiter, which has been modified, retitled, and seated on a throne in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome as St. Peter. Thousands of pilgrims kiss the foot of Jupiter while thinking it is the statue of Peter. "

http://www.mindserpent.com/American_History/r...

And a little something you might want to research further is the Mithra god-man myth and the false Jesus based on this myth that is the foundation of your church.

The truth of your existence is much nicer than the teachings of any primitive fear and hate based religion such as the 32000 or so sects that mistakenly call themselves Christian while all falling for the same Roman hoax that you fell for.

Be honest with yourself and face the reality of your existence!

GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
Gospel Seed

Union Mills, NC

#66 Sep 12, 2013
QJohn 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

1 John 5:12
"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

Isaiah 53:5-6
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Luke 13:5
"I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

(Nobody need worry about the anger. The gospel-seed will take root and grow. It knows what to do.)
The Real Deal

Kearney, NE

#67 Oct 22, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you can fool an uninformed initiate, but not me.
I grew up in a Ronan Catholic home.
I was schooled in parochial schools .
I was taught to worship idols.
Keep claiming Catholics don't worship idols. You are just proving yourself a liar.
In my subdivision there are two (2) homes that have images of the virgin Mary in the front yard. I happen to know both of those families.
Would you like to guess what their religion is?
(Go ahead! Claim you cannot guess.)
Having a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God is not idol worship.

Do you really think that Catholics believe the Mother of God is in the concrete statue?

We worship Christ alone.

However, just as Christ honored His Mother and His Father, we honor them both as well.

The Virgin Mother raised Jesus and was His Mother and His first disciple for 33 years.

30 years longer than the 3 years the Apostles spent with Him.

She was an eye witness to Christ's mission and an eye witness to the establishment of the Early Church.

The Trinity selectively choose Mary and Joseph to raise Jesus. The Incarnation occured through her accepting the mission that the Trinity set out for her.

She could have refused. All along her journey with Christ, she could have refused. She did not. As Simeon foretold, her mission with Christ would pierce through her heart.

We give the Virgin Mary the highest honor due a human.

Since: Jul 11

United States

#68 Oct 22, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a little food for thought for you:
"The statues of the 'gods' from the Pantheon are now found in the Vatican Museum with the exception of the great statue of Jupiter, which has been modified, retitled, and seated on a throne in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome as St. Peter. Thousands of pilgrims kiss the foot of Jupiter while thinking it is the statue of Peter. "
http://www.mindserpent.com/American_History/r...
And a little something you might want to research further is the Mithra god-man myth and the false Jesus based on this myth that is the foundation of your church.
The truth of your existence is much nicer than the teachings of any primitive fear and hate based religion such as the 32000 or so sects that mistakenly call themselves Christian while all
falling for the same Roman hoax that you fell for.
Be honest with yourself and face the reality of your existence!
Mistake - the Mithra god-man was predated by Moses record of the promised Savior who would defeat evil. There followed a line of promises concerning Him that had nothing to do with pagan gods.
Lord Jesus was accepted first by Jews who rejected all aspects of paganism - and who had seen His life firsthand.
I completely reject the mithra - Jesus so called connection.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#69 Oct 22, 2013
Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
Mistake - the Mithra god-man was predated by Moses record of the promised Savior who would defeat evil. There followed a line of promises concerning Him that had nothing to do with pagan gods.
Lord Jesus was accepted first by Jews who rejected all aspects of paganism - and who had seen His life firsthand.
I completely reject the mithra - Jesus so called connection.
You really should examine just what a Messiah is according to Judaism. You will find that what a Messiah is according Judaism, the religion that the historical Jesus taught, shares nothing with the god-man myth based version of Christianity forced on the Roman population by Constantine.

You can completely reject the Mithra - Jesus connection without any examination of the history of it if you want to. It won't change reality though.

Mithra based Christianity believed the earth was flat for centuries. Somehow the earth still managed to remain a sphere during this time. Your belief system is obviously not inspired and is as history demonstrates. It is of primitive pagan origin that conflicts with the teachings of the historical Jesus and was created for political purposes.

The Romans murdered the historical Jesus, blamed it on the Jews, and replaced him with a variation of the Mithra myth which in itself was a variation of the Horus myth and other pagan myths that shared this common "god-man sacrificed for sin" theme.

It's all in the history books.

But why don't you consider the alternative to the hoax of Christianity that you are defending?

The historical Jesus demonstrated a way that all of us can confirm the truth of Genesis 1:27 :

""27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "

Jesus did not teach that he alone was one with GOD. He taught in harmony with what is revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures. We are all gods as it Jesus pointed out in John 10:34:

"34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"

What else could we be?

As is pointed out in Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)

"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"

Look at GOD as a giant oak tree. each of us is an acorn. We are destined to mature into what is contained in the instructions in the acorn (nut).

But those who refuse to examine reality and learn from it, preferring the illusory safety of their familiar religious dogma, remain nuts!

Portland, OR

#70 Oct 22, 2013
Oh I have studied it inside out for 25 years. Literally. The Jewish vision of the Messiah back then was much different than it is today. Back then they recognized that in some sense He would pay for mans sins. One of the names He was called was the Leprous One, on the basis of Isaiah 53. A question you should think about perhaps - if we were created in the image of God, why did God require circumcision - the cutting off of part of that image for aJewish man to enter into His covenant? NT teaches that it was a sign of the new birth Jesus said was necessary for the NT person to experience if he was to know God. Ye must be born again.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#71 Oct 22, 2013
There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.
Adam and Eve were stolen from the Egyptian Geb and Nut 5.
Jewish Cain, Abel and Seth were stolen from Osiris, Set and Horus8
Jewish Samson was stolen from Heracles,
The "Twelve Tribes of Israel" like the Twelve Disciples of Christ are based upon the twelve signs of the Zodiac.
The Real Deal

Kearney, NE

#72 Oct 23, 2013
swerty wrote:
There are tons of other examples. Everything in the bible, even down to the "star characters" has it's Pagan match and was stolen from Pagan Texts.
The "Twelve Tribes of Israel" like the Twelve Disciples of Christ are based upon the twelve signs of the Zodiac.
You're confusing reality with fable.

Adam, Eve, Cain, Abel Seth, the Apostles ... all living human beings.

Osiris, Set, Horus, the Zodiac...figments of the imagination...developed from the brain of a then living human being.

Portland, OR

#73 Oct 23, 2013
swerty wrote:
Interesting assumptions, but certainly not conclusive. I think if you care to look further you might be surprised how old the stories of Genesis actually are. A thousand years before Moses the Chinese used the earliest Genesis stories as the basis for many of their pictographic alphabet symbols. Also, why do you assume the Bible plageurized paganism, how do you know it wasnt the opposite?

Location hidden

#74 Oct 23, 2013
The Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God is not idol worship.
Do you really think that Catholics believe the Mother of God is in the concrete statue?
We worship Christ alone.
However, just as Christ honored His Mother and His Father, we honor them both as well.
The Virgin Mother raised Jesus and was His Mother and His first disciple for 33 years.
30 years longer than the 3 years the Apostles spent with Him.
She was an eye witness to Christ's mission and an eye witness to the establishment of the Early Church.
The Trinity selectively choose Mary and Joseph to raise Jesus. The Incarnation occured through her accepting the mission that the Trinity set out for her.
She could have refused. All along her journey with Christ, she could have refused. She did not. As Simeon foretold, her mission with Christ would pierce through her heart.
We give the Virgin Mary the highest honor due a human.
I'll try to remember that you "don't worship Mary" the next time I see the pope kissing the feet of the statue.

BTW, a good Romagandist tries to throw smoke in people's eyes by claiming there is a "huge difference" between "dulia" and "latria".
You need to consult your talking points. You are supposed to claim the worship you give Mary is only "hyper-dulia".
The Real Deal

Kearney, NE

#75 Oct 23, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>I'll try to remember that you "don't worship Mary" the next time I see the pope kissing the feet of the statue.
BTW, a good Romagandist tries to throw smoke in people's eyes by claiming there is a "huge difference" between "dulia" and "latria".
You need to consult your talking points. You are supposed to claim the worship you give Mary is only "hyper-dulia".
Do people visiting the Vietnam Wall Memorial kiss the names and leave flowers there to the people they love?

Are they worshipping the Memorial?

Again, we honor Mary because Christ loved and honored her. We believe we are family - all together within the communion of saints. We humans are disciples in Christ.

Mary raised Him and was with Him 33 years of her life. She was with the Apostles in the building of the Early Church.

We don't ignore her role or denigrate her as being one open womb amoung many others.

Location hidden

#76 Oct 23, 2013
moses and talking bushes, and eve and talkng snakesdont think that really happened,
Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting assumptions, but certainly not conclusive. I think if you care to look further you might be surprised how old the stories of Genesis actually are. A thousand years before Moses the Chinese used the earliest Genesis stories as the basis for many of their pictographic alphabet symbols. Also, why do you assume the Bible plageurized paganism, how do you know it wasnt the opposite?

Portland, OR

#77 Oct 23, 2013
swerty wrote:
moses and talking bushes, and eve and talkng snakesdont think that really happened, <quoted text>
What does that have to do with any of the points I made? I was simply pointing out the case for the Bible's stories being earliest.
The Real Deal

Kearney, NE

#78 Oct 23, 2013
[quote]moses and talking bushes, and eve and talkng snakes....[/quote]

Do you "really" think that human beings develop from microscopic cells?

Or that the universe was created out of nothing?

:)

Location hidden

#79 Oct 23, 2013
put it this way were not made from soil any way
The Real Deal wrote:
[quote]moses and talking bushes, and eve and talkng snakes....[/quote]
Do you "really" think that human beings develop from microscopic cells?
Or that the universe was created out of nothing?
:)

Location hidden

#80 Oct 23, 2013
all i can say is. religion is a load of shit, and this man in the sky is more evil than good
Quadratus wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with any of the points I made? I was simply pointing out the case for the Bible's stories being earliest.
Warner

Ireland

#81 Oct 23, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should examine just what a Messiah is according to Judaism. You will find that what a Messiah is according Judaism, the religion that the historical Jesus taught, shares nothing with the god-man myth based version of Christianity forced on the Roman population by Constantine.
You can completely reject the Mithra - Jesus connection without any examination of the history of it if you want to. It won't change reality though.
Mithra based Christianity believed the earth was flat for centuries. Somehow the earth still managed to remain a sphere during this time. Your belief system is obviously not inspired and is as history demonstrates. It is of primitive pagan origin that conflicts with the teachings of the historical Jesus and was created for political purposes.
The Romans murdered the historical Jesus, blamed it on the Jews, and replaced him with a variation of the Mithra myth which in itself was a variation of the Horus myth and other pagan myths that shared this common "god-man sacrificed for sin" theme.
It's all in the history books.
But why don't you consider the alternative to the hoax of Christianity that you are defending?
The historical Jesus demonstrated a way that all of us can confirm the truth of Genesis 1:27 :
""27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. "
Jesus did not teach that he alone was one with GOD. He taught in harmony with what is revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures. We are all gods as it Jesus pointed out in John 10:34:
"34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"
What else could we be?
As is pointed out in Acts 17:28 (New International Version,©2010)
"28 For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, "We are his offspring"
Look at GOD as a giant oak tree. each of us is an acorn. We are destined to mature into what is contained in the instructions in the acorn (nut).
But those who refuse to examine reality and learn from it, preferring the illusory safety of their familiar religious dogma, remain nuts!
Jesus said that if it says in your law, l said,you are gods (plural)so if you are gods then what law have l broken? This means man has power in the world to have authority over all creatures, and be like gods(with a small capital). Jesus was being accused of blasphemy by the Pharisees,for saying He was The Son of God. There was no misunderstanding about that, but it was not His time so He cleverly evaded being stoned to death by using words and citing the law. Jesus claimed to be The Son of God (capital G for God) that's the difference.

Muslims brought up to view Mohammad as a brave warrior, will never accept what they believe is cowardly behaviour from Jesus for escaping being stoned to death, they think that He should have allowed the timing of His death to be decided by men! Jesus chose the time that He needed to die, as He was a sacrificial lamb! He was the Blood Offering! The sacrifice happens at a particular time in the Jewish Faith of that day and age, so He had to shed His Blood at the appointed time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 3 min topgirl 370,379
The Dutch war on Islam 4 min Pryianka 10
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 27 min Pryianka 202,117
TT: America to beg Russia for na lift to the ISS. 34 min Cheerful lad 1
DY: I'm leaving this forum 34 min Joe 28
If You Are A Texan Patriot And Are For Freedom ... 46 min Cheerful lad 3
UK Soon To Fall Apart (Oct '12) 51 min Cheerful lad 84
Christianity is based upon ignorance 1 hr jesus is 69
•••

Islam People Search