Changing view of Christianity

Changing view of Christianity

There are 181 comments on the Florida Baptist Witness story from Aug 29, 2013, titled Changing view of Christianity. In it, Florida Baptist Witness reports that:

Jerry Bates* attracts a lot of attention in Central Asia. As an American, he doesn’t quite fit in. As a Christian who is African American, he topples the worldview of many of the Muslims he meets ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Florida Baptist Witness.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Aug 29, 2013
from Florida Baptist Witness:

"Bates says when people in Central Asia ask about his religion, they expect him to profess Islam because he is black.

"'I seem different,' Bates says.'They say if you have darker skin, you’re probably a Muslim. If you have lighter skin, you’re a Christian.' It’s a deep-seated belief in that part of the world, he contends.

"But Bates sees people’s curiosity as an opportunity to share his testimony and spread the Gospel ..."
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#2 Aug 29, 2013
The Christianity of Christendoms religions is not the true Christianity of God's word the Bible they do not obey the teachings of Jesus or follow the early Christian martyrs for their faith. Luke 6:46

Christianity today is so filled with lies and hypocrisy that people use Christianity to further their power and authority with credentials of being a Christian or a righteous person. People wear crosses around their neck or as earrings or the logo on their shirts, even using Scriptures, just another ploy of appearing righteous. Matthew 7:21

Religions that teach man made doctrines that are not in the Bible, or teach their own righteous ideals and philosophy in their sermons just tickle the ears of their listeners, they are fake Christians and liars.
Matthew 6:1

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Aug 29, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
The Christianity of Christendoms religions is not the true Christianity of God's word the Bible ...
And what would a Jehovah's Witness know about the Bible when you only read the Awake and Watchtower mags?

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>And what would a Jehovah's Witness know about the Bible when you only read the Awake and Watchtower mags?
People don't understand what doctrine is for. It is not to add or takeaway words written in the scripture. It is there to be an aide to proper Christian lifestyle. If you don't have a simple guideline to go by in your daily life as a Christian. You should never stop reading the bible and living the life the bible tells you to live. Weak and young Christians can't know all the guidelines the bible teaches. That is a learning and growing experience. Church doctrine is there for a guideline for us to live by that guides us in the right direction. It is our responsibility to read our bible and to learn which parts if church doctrine is false. We as healthy Christians are under obligation to God to study the Word and understand the message of the cross and live by the cross. For there is no other path through the gates of heaven but by Christ Jesus. He is the way and the light for the path is long and narrow. God is good all the time.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#5 Aug 30, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
And what would a Jehovah's Witness know about the Bible when you only read the Awake and Watchtower mags?
And what would an Episcopalian know about being a Christian, they reject the very teachings of Jesus, that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Jehovah's witnesses are the only true Christians on this planet, and the only people who can direct honest and meek people to salvation, no other religion has Jehovah God's approval to teach the truth.

John 17:3

Location hidden

#6 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>And what would an Episcopalian know about being a Christian, they reject the very teachings of Jesus, that homosexuality is condemned in the Bible.

Jehovah's witnesses are the only true Christians on this planet, and the only people who can direct honest and meek people to salvation, no other religion has Jehovah God's approval to teach the truth.

John 17:3
Come on. Anyone that studies the bible enough that the only thing that is required of you to be a true Christian is to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and follow his teachings that he has put out for us. He done all the work for us to be saved. He died on the cross so we all could be saved. Read John 3:16.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whom so ever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

For God sent Jesus into the world not to condemn mankind but to save mankind.

There is nothing in the bible that states Jehovah's Witnesses will be the only ones saved. I am a witness for Jehovah, but I am not a Jehovah's Witness. Between the Jehovah's Witness's and the Atheists I don't know which is worse about being pushy and anti-Christian. Anybody that puts there trust in a couple of magazines and perverts the true word of God (The Holy Bible) is not living the life that God wants them to. You are not to add or take away from His Word. I won't condemn Jehovah's Witnesses that is up to God to judge, but I wish all of the religions that think they are the only ones going to heaven would read the Bible a little more and not throw stones if they live in a glass house. He who is without sin let him cast the first stone.

Read more of the Bible and less of the magazines that you rudely push off on people that are already Christians. We are to direct unsaved souls to Christ not to lead Christians astray.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#7 Aug 30, 2013
If you believe you are saved because Jesus died for you, you are no different than any false Christian on earth, they are all teaching that same lie.

I heard one fake Christian minister tell his t.v. audience that Jesus died for all your sins you ever committed and will commit in the future, your sins are all forgiven.

The Bible says Jesus died for mankinds sins, because it is sin that results in death inherited from Adam. You are not forgiven for your sins, Jesus' death only gives everyone in the grave, the hope of a resurrection from the dead if you die before Armageddon.

No one is forgiven for their sins, unless they ask Jehovah God for forgiveness having faith in the blood of Jesus' sacrifice as the Lamb of God, and you must repent. John 3:16 John 3:36

Revelation 7:14

Location hidden

#8 Aug 30, 2013
If you believe you are saved because Jesus died for you, you are no different than any false Christian on earth, they are all teaching that same lie.

I heard one fake Christian minister tell his t.v. audience that Jesus died for all your sins you ever committed and will commit in the future, your sins are all forgiven.

The Bible says Jesus died for mankinds sins, because it is sin that results in death inherited from Adam. You are not forgiven for your sins, Jesus' death only gives everyone in the grave, the hope of a resurrection from the dead if you die before Armageddon.

No one is forgiven for their sins, unless they ask Jehovah God for forgiveness having faith in the blood of Jesus' sacrifice as the Lamb of God, and you must repent. John 3:16 John 3:36

Isn't that what I said. I never said God forgives for future sins. I said that if you have faith in him and follow his teachings and in your heart you are always in repentance and have faith in him to change your ways and walk in His footsteps you will be saved. The dead unbelievers will be judged and will not enter the gates of heaven. Only will the dead before Christ'a birth and death have a chance for redemption. Armageddon has no bearing on what people living today if they die before the battle of Armageddon. None what so ever. Try again to repute what I said. There will be no one church organization get into heaven. Christians and reformed Jews that confess that Christ is Lord will make it through the gates of Heaven regardless of denomination.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#9 Aug 30, 2013
Jesus' blood atonement; not his death.......... He did not die. You do nothing; you do not choose God. There is none righteous; not one. None seeketh God. God did not lie. Man cannot take part in his salvation.
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. 30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat. 32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. 47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48 I am that bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
John 6:28-58 (KJV)
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2013
Do you people actually think you can make it up as you go?

Do you think you can read the Bible and then tell others what it means?

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV) The is no one to interpret and tell you what God really meant. What kind of nutso ego maniac thinks they are a prophet? The Word of God is complete.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 30, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
Do you people actually think you can make it up as you go?

Do you think you can read the Bible and then tell others what it means?

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Peter 1:19-21 (KJV) The is no one to interpret and tell you what God really meant. What kind of nutso ego maniac thinks they are a prophet? The Word of God is complete.
Never predicted a thing. Please try again and direct your comments to the correct person. Thank you and have a nice day.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#12 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
And what would an Episcopalian know about being a Christian ...
Usually not much, which is why I went back to being Roman Catholic.

BTW, what does the Bible say about the testimony of people who witness on their own behalf?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#13 Aug 30, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they do read the bible. But it's not just any bible! It's the New World Translation, printed by the Watchtower Bible And Tract Society. This bible has had all of the scriptures that conflict with the bizarre doctrine of the church altered in order to prove this false belief system to be scriptural as they go from door to door insulting the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel.
Proud American

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Aug 30, 2013
I went to school -elementary thru high school- with a JW. I remember him sitting out in the hall whenever we had birthday parties or made Valentine boxes. He couldn't take part in our Christmas pageants either, which we all loved. We all felt sorry for him and I don't recall him having a single friend. After graduation we all went off to college. After graduation he raped a girl then blew his brains out as the police closed in on him.
Disciple of Jesus

United States

#15 Aug 30, 2013
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)

Your test tube is much too small. Your vision is too narrow. The days are growing short. Dagon is under the Hex as is Allah (the moon god). The Menorah is the symbol of the Jews. The mind that has wisdom knows the 666 and the man of sin.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#16 Aug 31, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2 Peter 3:10-12 (KJV)
Your test tube is much too small. Your vision is too narrow. The days are growing short. Dagon is under the Hex as is Allah (the moon god). The Menorah is the symbol of the Jews. The mind that has wisdom knows the 666 and the man of sin.
actually 666 was a typo. It was supposed to be 616:

http://theologica.ning.com/profiles/blogs/666...

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2013
Religions are authoritarian hierarchies designed to dominate your free will. They’re power structures that aim to convince you to give away your power for the benefit of those who enjoy dominating people. When you subscribe to a religion, you enroll in a mindless minion training program. Religions don’t market themselves as such, but this is essentially how they operate.

Religions are very effective at turning human beings into sheep. They’re among the most powerful instruments of social conditioning. They operate by eroding your trust in your own intellect, gradually convincing you to put your trust into some external entity, such as a deity, prominent figure, or great book. Of course these instruments are usually controlled by those who administrate the minion training program, but they don’t have to be. Simply by convincing you to give your power away to something outside yourself, religion will condition you to be weaker, more docile, and easier to control. Religions actively promote this weakening process as if it were beneficial, commonly branding it with the word faith. What they’re actually promoting is submission.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 31, 2013
Disciple of Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus' blood atonement; not his death.......... He did not die.
Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death.."

If Jesus did not die, then who paid the wages of sin?

Location hidden

#19 Aug 31, 2013
The Real Goose wrote:
<quoted text>Rom 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death.."

If Jesus did not die, then who paid the wages of sin?

Jesus did die, but he arose from his tomb on the third day and walked with men before ascended unto the heavens. He lives every day among us as His spirit The Holy Ghost.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#20 Aug 31, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus did die, but he arose from his tomb on the third day and walked with men before ascended unto the heavens. He lives every day among us as His spirit The Holy Ghost.
I know all of that.
Now let him answer. He says Jesus made an atonement without dying (read it). Let him explain that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 2 hr AlaturQ 521,580
Ratko Mladic: Man of God 5 hr Faith 6
News North Texas Mosque Welcomes Public In to Learn ... 15 hr Shoko 25
News Anti-Islam GOP survey alarms American Muslims 15 hr the noble koran 12
Israel Has The Right... 18 hr J_a_n 7
Can the West teach Muslims morals and decency? (Sep '15) Tue Poster No 1 12
Poll It's NOT up to you fools anymore. WE are NOW ca... (Jun '11) Tue The Seer 195
More from around the web