Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Showkat

Bournemouth, UK

#1 Dec 5, 2006
Bangladesh "Victory Day" of 16th December
http://aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20edi...wkat%2...

By Showkat Ali

Al-Jazeerah, December 4, 2006

On the 16th of December millions of people in Bangladesh and Bangladeshis around the world will celebrate Victory day. On this day in 1971, the Pakistani army surrendered to the Indo-Bangladeshi High Command in Dhaka, ending a 9 month war of independence. Pakistani General AAK Niazi surrendered officially to the Allied forces commander General Arora.

Bangladesh gained independence after 9 months of a long and bloody struggle. India also commemorates victory over Pakistan on the same day in 1971 on Vijay Diwas.

I as a Muslim, born in Britain whose parents are from Bangladesh do not celebrate this day nor regard it as a day of victory. How can their be victory and celebration when one Muslim country is divided and separated into 2 parts?

Nationalism divides Muslims and keeps us weak while unity and regulation of society based upon Islam unites and strengthens us.

InshAllah Pakistan will be re-unified again soon and millions of us East Pakistani Muslims make dua and work for unity again based upon the teachings of Islam and nothing else.

Below is a poem which I wrote to mark this sad anniversary which I hope will inshAllah be the last.

I am East Pakistan

Created in 1947

Torn from mother India

And divided from my brother

West Pakistan

By several thousand miles of hostile territory

Land which was once ours

Under the glorious Islamic rule

Taken away by western powers

Who looted and polluted

All of our resources and way of life and values

When we woke up and challenged their injustice

They responded with barbarism

But Allah was with us

And they fled and sailed away

With only a token force remaining

Leaving behind a trail of destruction

And religions at each others throats.

Divide and conquer

Their contribution to humanity

And greatest achievement

A great continent once ruled by Islam

Where it didn’t matter

What religion or no religion you followed

Coz u were a citizen of the Islamic state

An example of multiculturalism

Never witnessed since

They divided a great country into two but created three separate parts

Millions died

But to them it didn’t matter

They saw us as uncivilised animals

And no one sheds tears when dogs die.

East and West Pakistan was soon born

But only to be torn

In 1971

Based on regionalism, nationalism, discrimination and exploitation

They had planted the seeds of division as a solution in 47

Brother hated brother

One brother sought help from the Hindus

And they were happy to contribute to the bloodshed

The victors celebrated

But both sides lost the pleasure of Allah

Insulting a Muslim is a sin

And killing a Muslim is disbelief

Since 71

Bangladesh has achieved notoriety and fame

The worlds most corrupt country

Several years in a row

Politically subservient to USA and India

Instead of being looted by the elites in West Pakistan

Now being bankrupted by those in Dhaka

Same sad story in Pakistan

The faces may change

But the corruption remains

How the heart aches

And regrets the mistake of division

Brother divided from brother

Since 71

Yearning for unity

Not based on superiority of regionalism or caste

But one based on Islam and piety

Forget the slogans of Joi Bangla and Pakistan zindabad

And embrace the slogans of Allahu Akbar, Khilafat, Khilafat

Author:[email protected]

----------

http://islamic-education.blogspot.com/
Hanif

Yantai, China

#3 Dec 12, 2007
my dear friend u have mixed up Victory Day (16 Dec 19710 and Independence Day (25 Mar 1971). Pakistan surrendered on 25 Mar, not on 16 Dec.
Mahfuzur Rahman

UAE

#4 Dec 15, 2007
Dear Mr. Showkot,I have read all what you wrote as a comment to 16th December of Bangladesh. It seems that as a Pakistani citizen still you are retaining that brutal sentiment for insulting Bangladesh. This is Sad, very sad. You people never take any lesson from the past. I don't want to write any religious poem but I just want to remember the shameful activities of Pakistanis' in 1971. My Bangladesh is a secular contry, and we feel proud to be a Bangladeshi and to hate Pakistan. And finally one last sugesstion for you that stop the day dreaming and mind you own business. Bangladesh & Bangladeshis are beyond imagination. EACH BANGLADESHI IS CONTAINING A HEART BIGGER THAN THE pakistan. May god bless you.- Mahfuzur Rahman,([email protected])
Mahfuzur Rahman

UAE

#5 Dec 15, 2007
What should I say???

... Little learning is very funny...
Pakistan surrendred on 16th Dec 1971.

May be you are also a Pakistani.
Mahfuzur Rahman

UAE

#6 Dec 15, 2007
Dear Mr. Showkot,I have read all what you wrote as a comment to 16th December of Bangladesh. It seems that as a Pakistani citizen still you are retaining that brutal sentiment for insulting Bangladesh. This is Sad, very sad. You people never take any lesson from the past. I don't want to write any religious poem but I just want to remember the shameful activities of Pakistanis' in 1971. My Bangladesh is a secular contry, and we feel proud to be a Bangladeshi and to hate Pakistan. And finally one last sugesstion for you that stop the day dreaming and mind you own business. Bangladesh & Bangladeshis are beyond imagination. EACH BANGLADESHI IS CONTAINING A HEART BIGGER THAN THE pakistan. May god bless you.- Mahfuzur Rahman,([email protected])
Bangladesh-in-my -heart

Terrebonne, Canada

#7 Dec 15, 2007
I dont criticize your parents for not supporting the VIctory Day, but come on bro, may be you should read about the history instead of writing a poem that's showing how ignorant & little-informed you are.With the amount of information available through the internet, please do read about it.
It is true that due to british and mainly other western countries' politics, since 1947, our huge indi-pakistan territory was divided. I don't want to go too much into detail about that history, but all I can say you should ask yourself why did Paksitan govt. decided to kill so many innocent people? In my village from my hometown in Bangladesh, many of my relatives and villagers were lined up and fired.Can you imagien your uncle standing in line, leaving his family, and most dearest parents and thinking Allah this is my last day, on the hands of anoteh muslim whom i didn't even harm??? Why did they rape so many millions of women, where was their Islamic believe?
Atleast India helped us, but did they force us to be hindu??? who was imposing urdu on us? and about corruption, yeah there is a minority 10% very dishonest people who made our country so corrupted int he world, but the 90% population is very down-to-earth, devoted people who loves bangladesh more than anothing.
I pray and hope that Pakistan and Bangladesh may NOT EVER be reunited, EVER!! We don't need those muslim brothers who kills millions of innocent poeple!
Rahim Mahmud

Maple, Canada

#8 Dec 15, 2007
Showkat, you are lucky that you are not in front of me!!
Rahim Mahmud

Maple, Canada

#9 Dec 15, 2007
Otherwise, right away i would have kicked your ass!!
Nawreen

Windsor, Canada

#10 Dec 16, 2007
You actually know nothing about Bangladesh!! always remember little learning is dangerous!!!
listen bro as you are saying you r from bangladesh huh forget it dont lie!!
No bangladeshi's can ever say sth like that!! YOU ARE FROM PAKISTAN THATS FOR SURE!! try to accept the truth that BANGLADESH IS BANGLADESH!!!!!
AS WE HAVE KICKED OUT BEFORE WE CAN DO THAT ANYTIME ANY DAY!!! SO LISTEN DONT TRY TO NOCK BANGLADESHI PPL THEY ARE VERY SIMPLE AND INNOCENT BUT BUT N BUT WHEN STH COMES ABOUT BANGLADESH THEIR MOTHERLAND THEIR LOVING COUNTRY , ANY LITTLE BOY WILL BE GET READY TO DO ANYTHING TO SAVE THEIR COUNTRY!!!
BANGLADESH IS OUR COUNTRY!!! TODAY ON OUR VICTORY DAY 16TH DECEMBER WE FEEL PROUD TO STAND AS A BANGLADESHI!!
Smitty

Seattle, WA

#11 Dec 16, 2007
Thats all great. I am haapy for Bangladesh. We just don't want any muslims in our country. Just stay there and everything will be OK.

http://www.anti-cair-net.org/
Mahbub Ashraf

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#12 Dec 16, 2007
Showkat Ali
You are a RAJAKAR.
People like you, have killed hundred of thousand innocent MUSLIM just because they were BANGLADESHI.
If you are so interested about the Islamic state than you should stand against your queen mother, who had destroyed the Muslim regime in INDIA. The British had killed the last Nabab Sirajuddaul who was Muslim.
If you have the courage to stand beside the truth, which is one of the basis lesson of Islam, then let us show that by posting your thoughts against the BRITISH QUEEN MOTHER for what she had done to Muslims in INDIA.
Tina

London, UK

#13 Dec 16, 2007
Hey........Showkat Ali.......from your words it is very clear that you are a LOSER PAKISTANI or to be more polite - a BL***Y RAJAKAR. Don't even dare to mess up with the Bangladeshis, I am warning you!
I would also like to warn British people about an identity crisised sadist like you who can be a great danger for them.
Asim

UK

#14 Dec 16, 2007
Being a Pakistani, I should accept the wrong doings of the Pakistani Army which they committed in than East Pakistan now Bengladesh. It is a very unfortunate event in our history. It was not People of West Pakistan, not even ordinary army soldiers but the politicians like Bhutto and Army generals like Yahya Khan who were responsible for the atrocities in the East Pakistan (Bengladesh). I understand that people of bengladesh want to live independent of which they have every right which we the Pakistanis should respect. I would however request the people of Bengladesh not to blame anyone now as most of the characteristics involved in this tragedy are no more in this world and the rest of Pakistan bears no responsibility for what they did. Pakistan and Bengladesh are two independent muslim countries enjoying good relations with each other. I expect that the people of the two countries would develop and promote good relationships as well. I wish all the Bengladeshi brothers all the best.
Ha Ha

Singapore, Singapore

#15 Dec 16, 2007
We are all brothers and sisters in islam. Please avoid arguing about bangladesh and pakistan.
Maysh

Washington, DC

#16 Feb 6, 2008
I was born in Bangladesh, spent a large portion of my childhood years there before moving to Singapore where I lived for over 10years. Even though I do not hold the Bd passport, I feel most connected to the people there. I live in the US now and the more I learn, the more I realise that a united India+Pakistan+Bangladesh is too idealistic from a political and now economic perspective since India is way ahead while Bangladesh is barely surviving of God-knows-what! Some of my mother's more distant relatives are Indian and my paternal grandmother's family was originally from Sind, although they moved at least 7 generations ago. Now who can tell me that I have to choose allegiance to ONE country when for so much of recent history they had been (loosely) one?
Sure 16th December was a victory for the oppressed Bengalis of the age, but we are all losers in the long run because we have had no shortage of selfish, corrupt politicians on all of greater India. I celebrate both Bojoy Dibosh and Shadhinota Dibosh but how much joy I take from it is the real question. In the celebrations, a sensible person must remember to mourn the division of a culturally united people, who could have been much, much stronger in the international scene had we been together.
I am a proud Bengali, I have held on to my language, culture, religions all these 20yrs. However, I also want to be able to identify myself not merely as an offshoot for India and later Pakistan, the unfortunate little thing in that region that nobody really gives a damn about. We were united and we lost it. At least we can learn not to fight over it and cause more grievience over it. Have some consideration for those amongst us who had lost loved ones. Imagine the pain for those whose families had been torn asunder during the war and since. We are not guilty for the past but we can be the force that brings us across the subcontinent together based on the commnalities and not harp on the sad differences. With sufficient effort on all our parts, we might one day be able to have a generation which will not have to relive the horrors of post-colonial India/Pakistan/Bangladesh all the time.
Maysh

Washington, DC

#17 Feb 6, 2008
By the way, I would request there to be none of the name-calling as that is definitely not going to help anyone. If you guys consider yourselves mature enough to be giving your opinions on the free and fair internet, I request some consideration and show of maturity that you are inherently claiming by posting here. Thank you. God bless us all.
george lopez

Hillsboro, OR

#18 Mar 10, 2008
put picture on it please
Sadia

AOL

#19 Sep 6, 2008
um... i wus just doing a report on victory day in bd.. i live in the u.s. but woah... learned a lot i hav a lot of frends from pakistan and i hav nothing against them cusz its not their fault.. people r so sick dese days lik u guys.. i know wut pakistan did to us and i defenitely dont want the countries to be together again but at least we can still GET ALONG!! ITS NOT HARD!!!!!
Muhaimin Khan

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#20 Dec 10, 2008
It is clearly visible that Mr.Showkot has lot to learn about what truly happened.

It is not at all fair to run one's mouth without knowing anything.

If the pakistani's were "brothers" then why were we oppressed and killed mercilessly by our "brothers".

May be Mr.Showkat supports that special group. If he does then its a different issue.

Hav a nice day.
toufque morshed

Bangladesh

#21 Dec 14, 2008
lets kill that bloddy showkot or wateva on 16th december this year..i cant hold my nerves...bolddy pakistani...BANGLADESH is in my heart..i will kill anyone talking non sense about my country..tell it to evry1 in this world...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims are getting Christians deported 1 min Faith the PIG Troll 1
News When Jews and Muslims really speak to each other 21 min Michael Fink 3
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 23 min number four 507,886
Peophet Mohammed was a TS 31 min WAD LOAD RABBEED 6
Why is Khan's racism allowed? 33 min Explorer 16
Why do Hindus eat cow shit? 38 min Brexit 28
Donald Trump: Disaster to America (Oct '15) 47 min Khan 64
More from around the web