ISLAMs PRINCE

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Sara Bokker is a former actress/model/fitness instructor and activist. Currently, Sara is Director of Communications at "The March For Justice," a co-founder of "The Global Sisters Network," and producer of the infamous "Shock & Awe Gallery."

----------
Source: http://www.albalagh.net/women/0097.shtml

I am an American woman who was born in the midst of America's "Heartland." I grew up, just like any other girl, being fixated with the glamour of life in "the big city." Eventually, I moved to Florida and on to South Beach of Miami, a hotspot for those seeking the "glamorous life."

Naturally, I did what most average Western girls do. I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others. I worked out religiously and became a personal trainer, acquired an upscale waterfront residence, became a regular "exhibiting" beach-goer and was able to attain a "living-in-style" kind of life.

Years went by, only to realize that my scale of self-fulfillment and happiness slid down the more I progressed in my "feminine appeal." I was a slave to fashion. I was a hostage to my looks.

As the gap continued to progressively widen between my self-fulfillment and lifestyle, I sought refuge in escapes from alcohol and parties to meditation, activism, and alternative religions, only to have the little gap widen to what seemed like a valley.

I eventually realized it all was merely a pain killer rather than an effective remedy.

By now it was September 11, 2001. As I witnessed the ensuing barrage on Islam, Islamic values and culture, and the infamous declaration of the "new crusade," I started to notice something called Islam.

Up until that point, all I had associated with Islam was women covered in "tents," wife beaters, harems, and a world of terrorism.

As a feminist libertarian, and an activist who was pursuing a better world for all, my path crossed with that of another activist who was already at the lead of indiscriminately furthering causes of reform and justice for all.

I joined in the ongoing campaigns of my new mentor which included, at the time, election reform and civil rights, among others. Now my new activism was fundamentally different.

Instead of "selectively" advocating justice only to some, I learned that ideals such as justice, freedom, and respect are meant to be and are essentially universal, and that own good and common good are not in conflict.

For the first time, I knew what "all people are created equal" really means. But most importantly, I learned that it only takes faith to see the world as one and to see the unity in creation.

One day I came across a book that is negatively stereotyped in the West--The Holy Qur'an. I was first attracted by the style and approach of the Qur'an, and then intrigued by its outlook on existence, life, creation, and the relationship between Creator and creation.

I found the Qur'an to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.

Read the below website for more...

http://www.albalagh.net/women/0097.shtml

Since: Dec 06

Imperia, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Muslims leaving Islam: tip of an iceberg.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/alhaj/append-...
ISLAM IS WINNING

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

ISLAMs PRINCE wrote:
Sara Bokker is a former actress/model/fitness instructor and activist. Currently, Sara is Director of Communications at "The March For Justice," a co-founder of "The Global Sisters Network," and producer of the infamous "Shock & Awe Gallery."
----------
I am an American woman who was born in the midst of America's "Heartland." I grew up, just like any other girl, being fixated with the glamour of life in "the big city." Eventually, I moved to Florida and on to South Beach of Miami, a hotspot for those seeking the "glamorous life."
Naturally, I did what most average Western girls do. I focused on my appearance and appeal, basing my self-worth on how much attention I got from others. I worked out religiously and became a personal trainer, acquired an upscale waterfront residence, became a regular "exhibiting" beach-goer and was able to attain a "living-in-style" kind of life.
Years went by, only to realize that my scale of self-fulfillment and happiness slid down the more I progressed in my "feminine appeal." I was a slave to fashion. I was a hostage to my looks.
As the gap continued to progressively widen between my self-fulfillment and lifestyle, I sought refuge in escapes from alcohol and parties to meditation, activism, and alternative religions, only to have the little gap widen to what seemed like a valley.
I eventually realized it all was merely a pain killer rather than an effective remedy.
By now it was September 11, 2001. As I witnessed the ensuing barrage on Islam, Islamic values and culture, and the infamous declaration of the "new crusade," I started to notice something called Islam.
Up until that point, all I had associated with Islam was women covered in "tents," wife beaters, harems, and a world of terrorism.
As a feminist libertarian, and an activist who was pursuing a better world for all, my path crossed with that of another activist who was already at the lead of indiscriminately furthering causes of reform and justice for all.
I joined in the ongoing campaigns of my new mentor which included, at the time, election reform and civil rights, among others. Now my new activism was fundamentally different.
Instead of "selectively" advocating justice only to some, I learned that ideals such as justice, freedom, and respect are meant to be and are essentially universal, and that own good and common good are not in conflict.
For the first time, I knew what "all people are created equal" really means. But most importantly, I learned that it only takes faith to see the world as one and to see the unity in creation.
One day I came across a book that is negatively stereotyped in the West--The Holy Qur'an. I was first attracted by the style and approach of the Qur'an, and then intrigued by its outlook on existence, life, creation, and the relationship between Creator and creation.
I found the Qur'an to be a very insightful address to heart and soul without the need for an interpreter or pastor.
I think the American sister who converted to ISLAM did so after thorough "research" of her previous christianity and didn't just leave her religion without studing the two.

She was a model and that is a great thing to people who understand the underworld and religion per se.
ANTI-ISLAM PROPAGANDA

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

To come to terms with accepting ISLAM, many have taken a bold step into freedom and chastity towards being close to Your Lord, Allah.

Many realize now.
ISLAMS PRINCE

UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2007

ISLAMs PRINCE wrote:
----------
These are some of the examples..
A-L-I

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

KORAN - [46.2] The revelation of the Book is from Allah, the Mighty, the Wise.

“Freelance New Media Artist”

Since: May 07

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2008

Egyptian Polygamist Cites Koran and States: This Is the Nature of Men

Egyptian Polygamist Cites Koran and States: This Is the Nature of Men
Dubai TV - February 19, 2008 - 00:01:58

Saudi Women's Rights Activist Wajiha Al-Huweidar Criticizes Middle Eastern Men and Saudi Society and States: The Condition of Saudi Women Is Worse Than in Guantanamo

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1657.htm

Kuwaiti Politicians Debate Why Women Were Not Elected to Parliament

http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/1633.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Islam Forum right now

Search the Islam Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim Converts to Sikh Religion (Jun '10) 7 min Someone 94
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 28 min Faith 357,493
To Live or die in dignity - Palestinian. 34 min Faith 6
Shame & Disgrace 39 min Old Pom 3
Catholic League slams Obama: - Do Christian liv... 44 min Old Pom 6
Worldwide burning of korans 47 min Old Pom 63
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 200,137
No Muslim can think of profaning holy Prophet (... (Jan '11) 5 hr Pskak 49,257
•••