Jesus- God incarnated on earth

Jesus- God incarnated on earth

Posted in the Islam Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
George

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Jun 16, 2013
The holy Bible says: "We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God."

1 John 4:13-15

So naturally, any one who denies Jesus as Son of God becomes the tools of Satan.

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?

We're told that "the common people heard him gladly." And, "He taught as One who had authority, and not as their teachers of the Law."1

It soon became apparent, however, that he was making shocking and startling statements about himself. He began to identify himself as far more than a remarkable teacher or prophet. He began to say clearly that he was God. He made his identity the focal point of his teaching. The all-important question he put to those who followed him was, "Who do you say I am?" When Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God,"2 Jesus was not shocked, nor did he rebuke Peter. On the contrary, he commended him!

Jesus frequently referred to "My Father," and his hearers got the full impact of his words. We are told, "The Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God."3

On another occasion he said, "I and My Father are One." Immediately the Jews wanted to stone him. He asked them which of his good works caused them to want to kill him. They replied, "We are not stoning you for any of these but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
George

Mississauga, Canada

#2 Jun 16, 2013
Is Jesus God? Look at His life.

When a paralyzed man was let down through the roof wanting to be healed by him, Jesus said, "Son, your sins are forgiven you." The religious leaders immediately reacted. "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

When Jesus was on trial for his life, the high priest put the question to him directly: "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

"I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

The high priest tore his clothes. "Why do we need any more witnesses?" he asked. "You have heard the blasphemy."

So close was Jesus' connection with God that he equated a person's attitude to himself with the person's attitude toward God. Thus, to know him was to know God. To see him was to see God. To believe in him was to believe in God. To receive him was to receive God. To hate him was to hate God. And to honor him was to honor God.
George

Mississauga, Canada

#3 Jun 16, 2013
Is Jesus God?- possible explanations

“As we face the claims of Christ, there are only four possibilities. He was either a liar, mentally ill, a legend, or the Truth.”

The question is, was he telling the truth?

Maybe Jesus lied when he said he was God. Perhaps he knew he was not God, but deliberately deceived his hearers to lend authority to his teaching. Few, if any, hold this position. Even those who deny his deity affirm that he was a great moral teacher. However they fail to realize those two statements are a contradiction. Jesus could hardly be a great moral teacher if, on the most crucial point of his teaching -- his identity -- he was a deliberate liar.

Another possibility is that Jesus was sincere but self-deceived. We have a name for a person today who thinks he is God. Mentally disabled. But as we look at the life of Christ, we see no evidence of the abnormality and imbalance we find in a mentally ill person. Rather, we find the greatest composure under pressure.

A third alternative is that his enthusiastic followers put words into his mouth he would have been shocked to hear. Were he to return, he would immediately repudiate them. This theory has been significantly refuted by modern archeology. The four biographies of Christ were written within the lifetime of people who saw, heard and followed Jesus. These gospel accounts contained specific facts and descriptions confirmed by those who were eyewitnesses of Jesus. The early dating of the Gospels by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, is why they gained such circulation and impact, unlike the fictional Gnostic gospels which appeared centuries later.

Jesus was not a liar, or mentally disabled, or manufactured apart from historical reality. The only other alternative is that Jesus was consciously being truthful when he said he was God.
George

Mississauga, Canada

#4 Jun 16, 2013
Is Jesus God? What is the proof?

From one point of view, however, claims don't mean much. Talk is cheap. Anyone can make claims. There have been others who have claimed to be God. I could claim to be God, and you could claim to be God, but the question all of us must answer is, "What credentials do we bring to substantiate our claim?" In my case it wouldn't take you five minutes to disprove my claim. It probably wouldn't take too much more to dispose of yours.

But when it comes to Jesus of Nazareth, it's not so simple. He had the credentials to back up his claim. He said, "Even though you do not believe me, believe the evidence of the miracles, that you may learn and understand that the Father is in Me, and I am in the Father."
George

Mississauga, Canada

#5 Jun 16, 2013
The life of Jesus - His unique moral character

Is Jesus God? Did Jesus ever claim to be God?His moral character coincided with his claims. The quality of his life was such that he was able to challenge his enemies with the question, "Can any of you prove me guilty of sin?"13 He was met by silence, even though he addressed those who would have liked to point out a flaw in his character.

We read of Jesus being tempted by Satan, but we never hear of a confession of sin on his part. He never asked for forgiveness, though he told his followers to do so.

This lack of any sense of moral failure on Jesus' part is astonishing in view of the fact that it is completely contrary to the experience of the saints and mystics throughout the ages. The closer men and women draw to God, the more overwhelmed they are with their own failure, corruption, and shortcomings. The closer one is to a shining light, the more he realizes his need of a bath. This is true also, in the moral realm, for ordinary mortals.

It is also striking that John, Paul, and Peter, all of whom were trained from earliest childhood to believe in the universality of sin, all spoke of the sinlessness of Christ: "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth."14

Even Pilate, who sentenced Jesus to death, asked, "What evil has he done?" After listening to the crowd, Pilate concluded, "I am innocent of this man's blood; see to it yourselves." The crowd relentlessly demanded Jesus be crucified (for blasphemy, claiming to be God). The Roman centurion who assisted in the crucifixion of Christ said, "Surely he was the Son of God."
George

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Jun 16, 2013
The life of Jesus - He cured the sick

Jesus constantly demonstrated power over sickness and disease. He made the lame to walk, the dumb to speak, and the blind to see. Some of his healings were of congenital problems not susceptible to psychosomatic cure.

For example, the man who had been blind from birth. Everyone knew him as the familiar beggar outside the temple. Yet Jesus healed him. As the authorities questioned the beggar about what happened, he said, "One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!" he declared. He was astounded that these religious authorities didn't recognize this Healer as the Son of God. "Nobody has ever heard of opening the eyes of a man born blind," he said.16 To him the evidence was obvious.

The life of Jesus - His ability to control nature

Jesus also demonstrated a supernatural power over nature itself. With just words, he stilled a raging storm of high wind and waves on the Sea of Galilee. Those in the boat were awestruck, asking, "Who is this? Even the wind and waves obey him!"17 He turned water into wine, at a wedding. He fed a massive crowd of 5,000 people, starting with five loaves of bread and two fish. He gave a grieving widow back her only son by raising him from the dead.

Lazarus, a friend of Jesus' died and was buried in a tomb for four days already. Yet Jesus said, "Lazarus, come forth!" and dramatically raised him from the dead, witnessed by many. It is most significant that his enemies did not deny this miracle. Rather, they decided to kill him. "If we let him go on like this," they said, "everyone will believe in him."
George

Mississauga, Canada

#7 Jun 16, 2013
Is Jesus God, as he claimed?

Jesus' supreme evidence of deity was his own resurrection from the dead. Five times in the course of his life, Jesus clearly predicted in what specific way he would be killed and affirmed that three days later he would rise from the dead.

Surely this was the great test. It was a claim that was easy to verify. It would either happen or not. It would either confirm his stated identity or destroy it. And significant for you and me, Jesus' rising from the dead would verify or make laughable statements such as these:

"I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me."19 "I am the light of the world. He who follows me will not live in darkness, but will have the light of life."20 For those who believe in him, "I give them eternal life..."21

So by his own words, he offers this proof, ""The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him. And when he is killed, after three days he will rise."22
George

Mississauga, Canada

#8 Jun 16, 2013
What this would mean

“Talk is cheap. Anyone can make claims. But when it comes to Jesus of Nazareth... He had the credentials to back up His claim.”

If Christ rose, we know with certainty that God exists, what God is like, and how we may know him in personal experience. The universe takes on meaning and purpose, and it is possible to experience the living God in this life.

On the other hand, if Christ did not rise from the dead, Christianity has no objective validity or reality. The martyrs who went singing to the lions, and contemporary missionaries who have given their lives while taking this message to others, have been poor deluded fools.

Paul, the great apostle, wrote, "If Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith."23 Paul rested his whole case on the bodily resurrection of Christ.

Did Jesus prove he is God?

Let's look at the evidence for Jesus' resurrection.

Given all the miracles he had performed, Jesus easily could have avoided the cross, but he chose not to.

Before his arrest, Jesus said, "I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord...and I have authority to take it up again."24

During his arrest, Jesus' friend Peter tried to defend him. But Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword back into its place...Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?"25 He had that kind of power in heaven and on earth. Jesus went willingly to his death.
George

Mississauga, Canada

#9 Jun 16, 2013
Is Jesus God?
**********
All four of the gospel writers give accounts of Jesus physically showing up after his burial, obviously alive. One time that Jesus joined the disciples, Thomas, was not there. When they told him about it, Thomas simply wouldn't believe it. He flatly stated, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

One week later, Jesus came to them again, with Thomas now present. Jesus said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." Thomas replied, "My Lord and my God!"

Jesus told him "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Muslims- think over it with an open mind.Jesus knocks at your heart's door so that he can enter in and give you eternal peace ,which no other person can give you. Just taste and see how good is Jesus.

Why did Jesus go through all of that? It was so we could know God now, in this life, by believing in him.

Jesus offers us a far more meaningful life, by being in a relationship with him. Jesus said, "I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly."

You can begin an intimate relationship with him right now. You can begin to personally know God in this life on earth, and after death into eternity. Here is God's promise to us:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."29

Jesus took our sin on himself, on the cross. He chose to receive punishment for our sin, so that our sin would no longer be a barrier between us and him. Because he fully paid for your sin, he offers you complete forgiveness and a relationship with him.

Here is how you can begin that relationship.

Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him."

Right now you can invite Jesus Christ into your life. The words are not important. What matters is that you respond to him, in light of what he has done for you, and is now offering you. You could say to him something like, "Jesus, I believe in you. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I ask you to forgive me and to come into my life right now. I want to know you and follow you. Thank you for coming into my life and giving me a relationship with you, right now. Thank you."
George

Mississauga, Canada

#10 Jun 17, 2013
Jesus was: "God Among Us"



" Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad."



"Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord"
Deuteronomy 6: 4


But, our one God is Spirit and Light, with 3 natures
Jesus is God also, a part of the same spirit and the same light of the Father.

The Son is subservient to the Father nature as being Greater than the Son. When Jesus was fully man (and fully God), He was "positionally" inferior to the Father. The Son is also the Logos, and the Word of God, who made everything seen & unseen by His Word.

The Father is acquiescent to the Son nature for our Salvation (our only mediator).

The Holy Spirit permeates all to bring us knowledge of God.


George

Mississauga, Canada

#11 Jun 27, 2013
So Jesus is part of God, who came down to earth as an incarnation
look

Riverside, CA

#12 Jun 27, 2013
I think what you should realize, you people who want to think that the qur'an and bible don't agree, is that the Qur'an mentions a different concept.
In englsh translation, the idea being adressed about the christians in relation to the idea of Jesus being Son of God, is that they say God has taken a son.
Whether saying that openly
or inside themselves, that is still a different idea of Jesus as Son of God, rather than the idea of him as Son of God because he is of God and belongs to him as son.
God doesn't "take" sons, He has not the need to.
But, can't sons of man be given to Him?
Solomon

Mississauga, Canada

#13 Jun 27, 2013
look wrote:
I think what you should realize, you people who want to think that the qur'an and bible don't agree, is that the Qur'an mentions a different concept.
In englsh translation, the idea being adressed about the christians in relation to the idea of Jesus being Son of God, is that they say God has taken a son.
Whether saying that openly
or inside themselves, that is still a different idea of Jesus as Son of God, rather than the idea of him as Son of God because he is of God and belongs to him as son.
God doesn't "take" sons, He has not the need to.
But, can't sons of man be given to Him?
You are right. Islam erroneously blames Christians for calling Jesus as Son of God-(by the biologigal method),which is not true. By Son of God, Christians mean Jesus is part and parcel of God ,being of the same substance. So Jesus is not partner with god as the Muslims say, but god himself in flesh(since God is spirit).
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#14 Jun 27, 2013
SalaamZ jesusfreakx LOL! Jesus(pbuh) is not your pawn to flaunt about like a raggDoll so give it up! He came,He went.just like all the other servants of God Almighty,Oh by the way He(Jesus) is not God either!Nor will he ever be as long as His Majesty,GOD-ALMIGHTY,sits upon HIS-Throne! CheerZ
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Jul 1, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
SalaamZ jesusfreakx LOL! Jesus(pbuh) is not your pawn to flaunt about like a raggDoll so give it up! He came,He went.just like all the other servants of God Almighty,Oh by the way He(Jesus) is not God either!Nor will he ever be as long as His Majesty,GOD-ALMIGHTY,sits upon HIS-Throne! CheerZ
SalaamZ & just a friendly little reminder here for the dweebz.LOL! CheerZ
Frank

Mississauga, Canada

#16 Jul 1, 2013
Rabbeen Al Jihad wrote:
SalaamZ jesusfreakx LOL! Jesus(pbuh) is not your pawn to flaunt about like a raggDoll so give it up! He came,He went.just like all the other servants of God Almighty,Oh by the way He(Jesus) is not God either!Nor will he ever be as long as His Majesty,GOD-ALMIGHTY,sits upon HIS-Throne! CheerZ
You have correctly said (for once) that Jesus is not someone's pawn to flaunt like a ragdoll. So you Muslims, who have no real idea of gods, and flaunt the gods and angels of other religions -particularly of Judaism and Christianity. Can't your Mohamed invent some other god- instead of stealing Jesus ,Abraham ,Mary, Gabriel,and others and twisting their stories to suit his whims and fancies? Which fool told you that Jesus is not god? What capacity he has to say that? Is he god? No? Then shut up.
Fat Jack

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Jul 1, 2013
"The Father is Greater than I" (quoting Jesus from your bible)

After 10 long winded copied and pasted posts trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, will George from Aurora, Canada please explain how the Father is greater than Jesus and that Jesus can still be God? There is nothing greater than God. If the Father is greater than Jesus then Jesus can't be God.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jul 1, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
You have correctly said (for once) that Jesus is not someone's pawn to flaunt like a ragdoll. So you Muslims, who have no real idea of gods, and flaunt the gods and angels of other religions -particularly of Judaism and Christianity. Can't your Mohamed invent some other god- instead of stealing Jesus ,Abraham ,Mary, Gabriel,and others and twisting their stories to suit his whims and fancies? Which fool told you that Jesus is not god? What capacity he has to say that? Is he god? No? Then shut up.
SalaamZ & Salutations Frank.Im sure you are well-meaning and probably just as ambivalent over what you think you know of Christianity,Islaam,& Judaism. However There is a vast V A S T swaath of information missing from your fundamental arguement here.So,My suggestion is to do a little more than a cursory examination of the facts.you will be shock'd at what you discover. CheerZ
Dharma bhai

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jul 1, 2013
Incarnations of God on Earth :
1.Lord Ram
2.Lord Krishana
3.Lord Buddha
4.Lord Jesus
now we'll have final incarnation to save us from evil Islam
George

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Jul 2, 2013
Fat Jack wrote:
"The Father is Greater than I" (quoting Jesus from your bible)
After 10 long winded copied and pasted posts trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, will George from Aurora, Canada please explain how the Father is greater than Jesus and that Jesus can still be God? There is nothing greater than God. If the Father is greater than Jesus then Jesus can't be God.
"fat jack Muslim"-You have taken a portion of verse from the Bible to prove your point. When God comes into the world as an incarnation, he temporarily sacrifices some of his powers,as he has doned a human form. If you read the whole of that chapter and understand the context, it will be clear what is being said. In John 14:7-10 Christ says,

"If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works."

This identification of Christ with God is emphatic in this chapter and throughout John. John 1:1 explains, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In John 11:30 Christ says, "The Father and I are one." In John 14:28 we are reaching a climax. Jesus is soon to be arrested and crucified. He is reassuring the apostles about himself. Yes, they are going to see him suffer in the flesh and die, but Jesus reminds them there is more to himself than just the human. He and the Father are one. His statement is a reassurance to them, and it should be to you as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Islam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Faith 515,798
All Khans posts are lies or nonsense 2 hr Muslims love lying 1
Fasting and blasting 2 hr Goats get alfalfa 1
Manchester massacre _ who cares? 3 hr Khan the fool 63
Best example of low IQ muslim 5 hr Mohammed was low IQ 12
People who turn to Islam find happiness 5 hr Rabbeen is screwed 33
God Bless Israel! 6 hr Jasonville 1
More from around the web