Ex-husband says he didn't force sex

Ex-husband says he didn't force sex

There are 16 comments on the Daily Herald story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Ex-husband says he didn't force sex. In it, Daily Herald reports that:

Topic: Ex-husband says he didn't force sex Quote from: DEBATER YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT: "POLYGAMY IS A CIVIL MATTER!" PERIOD! http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/point.htm MR.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Herald.

John

San Antonio, TX

#1 Sep 26, 2007
Don't ya just hate it when a 14 year old virgin is promised to you by none other than Jesus Christ himself, and then the girl just lies there sniffing and snobbing like you're raping her or something? I swear, some women just do not know their place!!!
John

San Antonio, TX

#3 Sep 26, 2007
Mrs Nancy Worthington wrote:
No one cares about kids. No child should be touched until they are at least 18. No one should marry until they are 18. It isn't child molestation, it is RAPE. No child should ever be RAPED by anyone. Protect the children. Stop RAPING them.
But that's how you get into heaven if you live in or around Utah. Praise Jesus for brainwashed little girls. The ones that don't think for themselves stay obedient. That's how Jesus likes it.
Bob

Saint George, UT

#4 Sep 26, 2007
But that's how you get into heaven if you live in or around Utah is what was stated from someone living in San Antonio, TX while thats where there wrong if it was my daughter that was raped I wouold stand fully behind the courts choice and say give him life 5 yrs for each count is too short and the real LDS church is the true church of god

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#5 Sep 27, 2007
John wrote:
Don't ya just hate it when a 14 year old virgin is promised to you by none other than Jesus Christ himself, and then the girl just lies there sniffing and snobbing like you're raping her or something? I swear, some women just do not know their place!!!
A 14 year old girl is just that, a girl not a women. You used two different terms in your question. A woman can consent, a child cannot. So that is rape.
John

San Antonio, TX

#6 Sep 27, 2007
Bob wrote:
But that's how you get into heaven if you live in or around Utah is what was stated from someone living in San Antonio, TX while thats where there wrong if it was my daughter that was raped I wouold stand fully behind the courts choice and say give him life 5 yrs for each count is too short and the real LDS church is the true church of god
If you were a fundamentalist mormon, you would already have your daughter promised to your brother, unlce or buddy.
John

San Antonio, TX

#7 Sep 27, 2007
jenny623 wrote:
<quoted text>
A 14 year old girl is just that, a girl not a women. You used two different terms in your question. A woman can consent, a child cannot. So that is rape.
I was being slightly sarcastic. I guess I should stop, because almost no one on Topix can tell the difference apparently. Don't you think according to the then 19 year old "man" he would consider his 14 year old bride to be a "woman"?

Hmmmm.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#8 Sep 27, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being slightly sarcastic. I guess I should stop, because almost no one on Topix can tell the difference apparently. Don't you think according to the then 19 year old "man" he would consider his 14 year old bride to be a "woman"?
Hmmmm.
Yes, I thought you were being sarcastic. I guess I need to lighten up, but this subject is hard for me because at 14 I had been abused for years by a stepfather who thought he had that right. So this is a touchy subject for me - my bad. You are right, a 19 year old man who hasn't seen much of the world may not realize a 14 year old is still a child because he's being brainwashed by the elders, and he too is a victim. Anyway, my comment is directed more at the one who married them. He's 51 years old and knows better. This is why they keep these children in ignorance, so they can control them and abuse them.
Betsy Ross

Irving, TX

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Calling a CHILD RAPIST a Husband?

Calling the 14 year old VICTIM a Wife?

This "society" is set up to Reward the man, with innocent, nubile young things, and Wife Swapping with the Profits (intended) blessings.

and "we" the outsiders adopted their language, without question....just read the newspapers and listen to the media. We must take language back to a point where TRUE meaning is conveyed.
Betsy Ross

Irving, TX

#10 Sep 28, 2007
When I read the headline, "Ex-husband says he did not force sex" I almost did not click on it.

This is NOT about an ex-husband forcing sex.

Its about a CULT, and a sacrificial child bride.

And a PIMP-Profit SLAVE RUNNER

he BREEDS ] sex slaves like this little girl..[his congregation is his PIMP STABLE]

Male SLAVES many, working in construction, and other jobsÂ….. DONATE their salaries, to Jeff's the PROFIT)

we won't even go into tax evasion using church status.
tex

Duarte, CA

#11 May 9, 2008
Maybe the girls saved from Eldorado can do ONE LESS commercials.
Think of how many might have been saved from this awful fate or rescued
from continuing to live in this.

The YFZ is now reportedly a ghost town.
Gardens not worked.
Cow's milk dumped out.
No factories running.

Their slave labor is in state custody.

Since: Oct 07

Crawford, TX

#12 May 9, 2008
tex wrote:
Maybe the girls saved from Eldorado can do ONE LESS commercials.
Think of how many might have been saved from this awful fate or rescued
from continuing to live in this.
The YFZ is now reportedly a ghost town.
Gardens not worked.
Cow's milk dumped out.
No factories running.
Their slave labor is in state custody.
That is really interesting, the gardens are not worked? Do you have a link to the story? It is awful what has happened to those children. I hope their mothers are kept away from them too. To allow this to happen to their own children! Unless they get years of treatment & they really want it, there is no hope for their minds poor things. But that does not make it OK for them to have influence to pressure the innocent. Guess you know those big homes are built with out tax money! They marry one, keep many other "wives" children pregnant and they get on social welfare programs. ORGANIZED Crime...theft of services.. someone needs to bring serious charges on all of that aspect of it too! IMO

“concern citizen”

Since: Mar 08

orlando

#13 May 9, 2008
I just read Dorothy Allred Solomons book Daughter of the saint Growing up in Polygamy. It was excellent eye opener on what really goes on. I do not keep my books. I bought this one straight from amazon.com and read it once. My seller name is Leslie Morgan if anyone is interested in it.
Joy

Thermal, CA

#14 May 10, 2008
Mrs Nancy Worthington wrote:
No one cares about kids. No child should be touched until they are at least 18. No one should marry until they are 18. It isn't child molestation, it is RAPE. No child should ever be RAPED by anyone. Protect the children. Stop RAPING them.
No one of any age should be RAPED !!!!!!!!!
Liz

Russia

#15 May 15, 2008
Joy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know there is a problem. These women of the FLDS don't seem to think of themselves as being raped. They seem to think it is perfectly normal life to be assigned a man by the prophet and have a spiritual marriage. Have sex and breed babies. Talk about being "BRAINWASHED" and these women don't even know it. They think they are just following Gods plan for their religion. All in the name of a religious cult.
Nicki

Spring, TX

#16 Jul 23, 2008
Liz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know there is a problem. These women of the FLDS don't seem to think of themselves as being raped. They seem to think it is perfectly normal life to be assigned a man by the prophet and have a spiritual marriage. Have sex and breed babies. Talk about being "BRAINWASHED" and these women don't even know it. They think they are just following Gods plan for their religion. All in the name of a religious cult.
And who started the Mormon cult? Joseph Smith and his polygamous
rearend. Why people worship him and his writings I will never know.
I knew virtually little to nothing about him.

Why people think that path leads to heaven and it's worth going to jail or being killed (as Joseph and his brother were) is a mystery.
Tex_Nicki

Spring, TX

#17 Aug 4, 2008
Joy wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't think of them as r a p e d. Once they do the celestial marriage
ritual, the man OWNS them. Whatever they need to get their needs met is okay in the eyes of the prophet. The quicker they break or break in a woman to believe they are in charge, the better.

The reason they don't marry women of color is because they would most probably end up with a pan of hot grits thrown on them and maybe a frying pan to the head..

And because they think black people are cursed.

So, they have their fair skinned women and children working in the fields.
How smart is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

FLDS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Polygamy No Longer a Crime in Utah (Dec '13) Sep '17 robinginnette 27
News $50K reward for capture of fugitive polygamist ... (Sep '16) Apr '17 danzig152 10
News Three Mormon Polygamists Back In Prison For Foo... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Texxy the Selfie Cat 2
News Polygamous sect leader says he's not guilty of ... (Dec '16) Feb '17 MeSo 3
News Nephew: Polygamist Sect Leader Raped Me At Age 5 (Aug '11) Feb '17 Phart For Heaven 87
News Two of three people found guilty in B.C. child ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 no Wynne situatio... 1
News FBI Offering $50K Reward For Lyle Jeffs' Capture (Sep '16) Sep '16 Julie 4
More from around the web