MP Returns to Shen Yun For Sights, Sounds, and Happy Endings

Jan 11, 2013 Full story: The Epoch Times

MP Stephen Woodworth is impressed by the talent and discipline of Shen Yun's dancers each year that he returns, he said Thursday after taking in the show once again, Jan.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Just saw the 2 pm show in Escondido. I paid $150. per seat for 4 persons and I want to cry for wasting that money. I kept waiting for something spectacular to happen to justify the enormous amount of money I spent to watch the same dancing over and over and over and over again . There were few acrobatics at all, and nothing a high school gymnastics team could not handle. Other than costume changes and new scarf -type accessories, there was nothing to distinguish one dance from another. Our group of 4 had no idea what was going on from scene to scene despite the constant commentary from the MC's in- between each dance, which became extremely irritating after 15 minutes into the first act. It was like being at Lawrence Welk Live show. All they did was tell you what "exciting" area of China you would step into next, with some occasional corny quips. The digital backdrop is not exciting and the dancers coming in and out of the backdrop from the platform in front of it becomes mundane after seeing it 3 times and more. As for the political undertones... we did not expect this and were confused by it. Unless you research the basis of Falun Gong you will be clueless as to what is going on. The narrators do not explain this. The only redeeming aspect of this performance is the orchestra... the instrumentals are beautiful and if you want to close your eyes and listen to the music you'll be more than pleased. The soloists have beautiful voices and should also be mentioned. We all felt we should have left after intermission. This was a boring show for all my guests. Should have stayed home to watch the last day of regular season football....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falun Gong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Falun Gong a “Cult”? (Jun '12) Dec 14 Soothsayer 11
Epoch Times Expanding in Australia (Nov '12) Aug '14 Myth Buster 11
Why is China tearing down church crosses? Becau... Aug '14 It is so Amazing 1
...FARMER.. ..is ..GOD..not... (Jun '14) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA art... 1
...The....EPOCH..TIMES... (Mar '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA art... 5
Paul John Watcher works for the chinese govt (Feb '13) Jun '14 Kim Nguyen 6
Group protests TDSB's Chinese partnership (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kim Nguyen 1
More from around the web