Falun Gong's show: Religious propaga...

Falun Gong's show: Religious propaganda disguised as familyentertainment

Posted in the Falun Gong Forum

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 28, 2012
Severely disappointed.
The show was marketed to be based on Chinese culture but it was nothing of the sort. It insulted the Chinese culture by basing it on a religion(Falun Gong) formed by a person in 1992 claiming to be from outer space(No the Chinese culture has nothing to do with aliens).
The dances were ok but the evangelistic songs were extremely annoying, I cannot believe I paid �40 to be preached at by the Scientology of Asia. The brochures mention nothing about Falun Gong(I wonder why, the phrase "wolves come smiling in sheeps' clothing comes to mind").
If you want to learn about Chinese culture, avoid at all costs. There are much better shows around with no hidden agenda.
EDIT:
Just read the strangely good review from Epoch which completely contradicted the amount of walk outs during the show, upon further investigation, EPOCH are formed by Falun Gong members themselves!
Wonder why they would give themselves a good review? Well done, you have shot yourselves in the foot by lying to the public YET AGAIN.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times
Fake entertainment shows, fake media, what next?
Some dude

San Bruno, CA

#2 Aug 6, 2012
Yes, people all over the world find Falun Gong very annoying.
Jacques

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Had the same experience. Totally agree with your comments.
AveryMtchellCorr ectional

Farmville, NC

#4 Aug 21, 2012
I am from the land of yaqub. Master is the first and I am the second, the second manifestation of the one. Do you understand? We are the people of the great sun. Toot toot toot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falun Gong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Falun Gong practitioners want your helpThe grou... Aug '16 Adam 1
News Confucius Classrooms: Chinese government agency... May '16 Dutch expat 1
News Miss World Canada says visa to China delayed be... (Nov '15) Feb '16 NYPD 6
News Lynnwood woman relishes freedom of religion ban... (Oct '15) Jan '16 Lindsay Killed Elise 2
Shen Yun show: The Worst show in my life (Jan '13) Dec '15 pgh 2
News The Case of Wang Yu, Emblem of China's Human Ri... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Kai 2
Why falun gong works to heal disease and injuries (Mar '13) Sep '15 Kai 7
More from around the web