I was disappointed and felt duped by Shen Yun show's ads

Posted in the Falun Gong Forum

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 15, 2013
I was disappointed and felt duped by this show's ads. It was billed as an experience of 5000 years of Chinese culture, but it turned out to be a thinly veiled propaganda piece for the Falun Dafa sect. I was offended that there was a palpable political undertone to the show, and felt that the promoters and the show's website were intentionally misleading by not mentioning this.(After the show, I read reviews online to see if I were the only person with this impression but was relieved to see that many others felt the same way.)

As far as the performance itself, the costume colors and choreography were interesting, but one quickly realizes that the dance pieces eventually get repetitive. The ads and promotional materials mention acrobatics and martial arts, but that was hardly on display. I was ready to leave before the second act.

I have rarely felt strongly enough to review a show, even when I didn't come out enthralled by it. This one was a complete let down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Falun Gong Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Falun Gong a “Cult”? (Jun '12) Dec '14 Soothsayer 11
News Epoch Times Expanding in Australia (Nov '12) Aug '14 Myth Buster 11
News Why is China tearing down church crosses? Becau... (Aug '14) Aug '14 It is so Amazing 1
...FARMER.. ..is ..GOD..not... (Jun '14) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA art... 1
...The....EPOCH..TIMES... (Mar '13) Jun '14 PAUL SHYKORA art... 5
Paul John Watcher works for the chinese govt (Feb '13) Jun '14 Kim Nguyen 6
News Group protests TDSB's Chinese partnership (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kim Nguyen 1
More from around the web