House of Bishops Challenges Jefferts Schori's Increased Power

Jul 11, 2012 Full story: www.virtueonline.org 80
On the morning of July 11, 2012, the House of Bishops rejected the form of B021, which had been proposed to allow an easy, five month plan to dissolve the relationship between a bishop and a diocese. The House of Bishops appeared strong and unified as they spoke against the canon that gave Jefferts Schori an easy way to remove an accused bishop ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jul 11, 2012
from virtueonline:

"Bishop Brian Thom of Idaho called for the vote. The new amendment easily passed stating that the dissolution of the ministry of a bishop requires a two-third supermajority for all voting bodies.

"After the passing of the amendment, Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori said nothing but appeared stunned."

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#2 Jul 12, 2012
from virtueonline:

"That the now-failed canon was a creation of those seeking increased power for Jefferts Schori and others of the liberal persuasion can be seen in those who spoke out in favor of supporting the failed canon. On July 10, 2012, Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire spoke out in favor of passing the canon, and on July 11, 2012, both Mary Glasspool of Los Angeles and Bishop Mariann Budde of Washington wholeheartedly supported the failed canon.

"The newly-amended canon for the Dissolution of an Episcopal Relationship could help stop the use of this canon as a tool for political war against conservative bishops ..."

“Ecce! Sic transit gloria mundi”

Since: Oct 10

I See New Jerusalem From Here.

#3 Jul 12, 2012
I love a working open General Convention that allows everyone a say in how the church is governed. We have no Curia. We have no Magisterium.

We have The General Convention under the leadership of the Trinity.

We have ourselves as members of the Body of Christ.

We are the Children of God!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Jul 12, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
I love a working open General Convention that allows everyone a say ...
... but when it comes to how TEC is governed, X-Roman Scori will have her way.

#5 Jul 13, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... but when it comes to how TEC is governed, X-Roman Scori will have her way.
We think that Mr. Null Set protests too much. Not only is the Bishop of Rome his spiritual leader (?) unwilling to share his pontifical gift of speaking without error on all matters of faith and morals but our Presiding Bishop will not share her elected role as Primus inter pares role with poor Mr. 0+0=0.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#6 Jul 13, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
Not only is the Bishop of Rome his spiritual leader (?) unwilling to share his pontifical gift of speaking without error on all matters of faith and morals but our Presiding Bishop will not share her elected role as Primus ...
... then why did Schori engineer the revision of Title IV?

#7 Jul 14, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... then why did Schori engineer the revision of Title IV?
Show us the evidence in those years prior to her election as even a bishop in TEC that she engineered the General Convention into the changing Title IV.

Notice the same process is now working to change the structure of the church and it is coming strongly from all members of the church and will take years to complete.

Isnít the truth a wonderful thing to hear!

'I keep thinking of Luke's got to get his mind right' when I am replying to Mr. Null Set.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Jul 14, 2012
T McCabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us the evidence in those years prior to her election as even a bishop in TEC that she engineered the General Convention into the changing Title IV ...
You just proved my point; Schori couldn't subvert this church until she became its presiding bishop, and it's no coincidence that her own title of PB preceeded the revision of Title IV.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#9 Jul 15, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my point; Schori couldn't subvert this church until she became its presiding bishop, and it's no coincidence that her own title of PB preceeded the revision of Title IV.
LOL!

You bet!

Could you be any more clueless about our Church?

Well, yes, you claim to be a member of the Vaticanus tribe and you know nothing about them either.

Mount Vaticanus - site of a pagan Temple before becoming Nero's circus....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#10 Jul 15, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
You bet!
Could you be any more clueless about our Church?...
Could you, esp. about its current PB?

The Mountain Empire

#11 Jul 16, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you, esp. about its current PB?
I've met her.

Have you?

LMAO......

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 Jul 16, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met her.
Have you?
LMAO......
So have I.

Terrific lady and an excellent priest and Teacher. She does a fine job as PB.

RK

The Mountain Empire

#13 Jul 16, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
So have I.
Terrific lady and an excellent priest and Teacher. She does a fine job as PB.
RK
So at least two of us are speaking from experience while joie reads something online.

;-)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#14 Jul 16, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I've met her.
Have you?
LMAO......
No, but I have seen what she's done to your chruch, and it's no laughing matter.

Location hidden

#15 Jul 16, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I have seen what she's done to your chruch, and it's no laughing matter.
Oh, Baloney!

By your own witness on these Topix threads, you don't like our Church. You don't want to have anything to do with our Church. You're not a member now, nor are you likely to have ever been a member of our Church. You've got nothing good to say or write about our Church. You take every opportunity that you can to damage, dishonor, debilitate and disparage nearly everything that our Church does.

You do not acknowledge that our Church has decided to legitimately grapple with the issues and concepts of Human sexuality that your Church continues to refuse to address. But, the facts are that we are taking these issues very seriously and are sincerely applying the Teachings of Christ Jesus in our handling of them. Yet, these very issues have created huge wreckage in your Church as they have been revealed over the past 25 years and especially the last 10 years.

If we n TEC have lost members because of these issues, it is precisely a result of the decisions of many who cruised through their involvement in TEC, refusing to address the problems that your Church also fails to address. Now, they would rather continue to avoid any true responsibilities and have decided that they would rather go elsewhere. So, we let them go as a matter of their own personal conscience.

You haven't seen what PB Katherine Jefferts-Schori has done, at all. What little you have seen, you generally make into an object of shallowly-investigated ridicule, rather than actually making an attempt to comprehend the motivations and situations and needs that are being addressed.

In short, Joe,... You have allowed yourself to be regarded as a phony by repeatedly posting baselss criticisms and misguided opinions of others, just because they happen to agree with your own. You have forsaken any clear responsibilities as a responsible editor on the Forum, instead choosing to engage in puffery and half-baked thoughts, misdirected spams, flagrantly unChristian ad hominem digs at others and useless non-conversational flippancies.

And all for what? Nothing productive or useful, Joe.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#16 Jul 16, 2012
RevKen wrote:
Oh, Baloney!
By your own witness on these Topix threads, you don't like our Church ...
I and millions of others don't like what TEC has become under PB Schori.
RevKen wrote:
You do not acknowledge that our Church has decided to legitimately grapple with the issues and concepts of Human sexuality that your Church continues to refuse to address. But, the facts are that we are taking these issues very seriously and are sincerely applying the Teachings of Christ Jesus in our handling of them ...
... but at the expense of your own Canons, the BCP as well as scripture by twistings those teachings to fit a secular agenda.

And for the record, the RCC has addressed this issue by once more banning openly gay candidates from its priesthood.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 17, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I and millions of others don't like what TEC has become under PB Schori.
<quoted text>
... but at the expense of your own Canons, the BCP as well as scripture by twistings those teachings to fit a secular agenda.
And for the record, the RCC has addressed this issue by once more banning openly gay candidates from its priesthood.
Everything that you say The Episcopal Church has become was well on the way of becoming when Katherine Jefferts-Schori became an Episcopaalian at eight years old. She serves as Presiding Bishop at the behest of the House of Bishops and the House of Deputies and the lay membership of the Church.

You and the millions of others you say don't like something about our Church don't run our Church.

"... but at the expense of your own Canons, the BCP as well as scripture by twistings those teachings to fit a secular agenda."

Ours is not a secular agenda. The Canons of our Church are not set in stone. They can be and have been modified many times over the last 220 years as we see fit. Besides, what business is it to you?

"And for the record, the RCC has addressed this issue by once more banning openly gay candidates from its priesthood."

LMAO!!!.... This last statement from you is redundantly oxymoronic!

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#18 Jul 17, 2012
RevKen wrote:
Everything that you say The Episcopal Church has become was well on the way of becoming when Katherine Jefferts-Schori became an Episcopaalian at eight years old ...
And now that she's all grown up, she can give TEC its coup de grace.
RevKen wrote:
The Canons of our Church are not set in stone ...
... apparently neither are its scriptures.

The Mountain Empire

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
And now that she's all grown up, she can give TEC its coup de grace.
<quoted text>
... apparently neither are its scriptures.
LMAO!

This coming from a roman is priceless.

Clueless, but priceless....

Location hidden

#20 Jul 17, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
This coming from a roman is priceless.
Clueless, but priceless....
Clueless is right. Priceless because it is wortless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 4 hr Cali Girl 2014 26,022
National Cathedral hosts its first-ever Muslim-... 8 hr just saying 5
Pastors opposed to gay marriage swear off all c... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 26
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1
Islam comes to the National Cathedral Nov 23 RevKen 2
Bagnasco 'agrees with pope' Nov 23 RevKen 2
The Anglican church: Praying for time Nov 22 RevKen 5

Episcopal Church People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE