Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: FITSNews

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Comments
761 - 780 of 1,813 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2013

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

He already contacted him Joe...VIA email just like you suggested.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
When "reality" contradicts your gay world view, you can't openly challenge Stein's scholarly Hebrew without looking like the fool you really are, so instead you continue to deny what Stein himself actually said about the book of Samuel.
And posting an "open letter" on Topix is not directly contacting anyone, especially when Stein has a listed phone # and email account.
You idiot, there is no gay world, no roman world, no one thing world.

There are people of all kinds, the way God intended.

No wonder you stay on you computer, it helps your rose colored glasses stay on in you little bigoted tunnel, all self made by YOU.

Poor thing.....

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
He already contacted him Joe...
Prove it.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot, there is no gay world ...
Fool, it's a subculture that includes the Topix Gay/Lesbian forums, the "gay" church you attend that does same-sex ceremonies, etc.
Besixdouze

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

How does Romans 2 start off, Joe? And yeah, I don't really see how one can associate two people in today's times engaging in a loving, committed relationship with idolatry.

The real idolatry going on here is bibliolatry, which is far more dangerous. In the Episcopal Church, we don't encourage the fundamentalist, check-your-brain-at-the-door when reading the Bible thing. We are advocates of thoughtful exegetical interpretation. I'd invite you to go to any renowned school of theology and ask the biblical scholars if they think Romans 1 should be applied to our modern understanding of homosexuality. You'll probably be disappointed by the answer.

My question is, why are there always people with hatred in their hearts who want to find a group to scapegoat and use the Bible to do it? The more you persecute these people, the more you place them in solidarity with the suffering Christ.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Besixdouze wrote:
How does Romans 2 start off, Joe?...
It starts only after Romans 1:24-32.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Arm yourself! Start your day with this! From Steven Furtick-
The 12 Audacious Faith Confessions- Pray these over yourself.
1-I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation (Romans 8:1-2, Ephesians 1:7-8, 1 John 1:9)
2-I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation (Joshua 10:12-14, John 14:12)
3-I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all of my heart (Proverbs 3:5
-6, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7)
4-I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life (Exodus 3:9-12, Psalm 57:2, Colossians 1:24-29)
5-I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do (Dueteronomy 8:18, Luke 6:38, Philippians 4:13)
6-I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 5:25-27)
7-I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent-our family is blessed (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-25, Colossians 3:18-19, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
8-I am completely whole-physically, mentally and emotionally (Psalm 103:1-5, Matthew 8:16-17, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Peter 2:24)
9-I am increasing in influence and favor the kingdom of God (Genesis 45:4-8, 1 Samuel 2:26, Acts 2:37-47)
10-I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12)
11-I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make (2 Chronicles 1:7-12, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, James 1:5)
12-I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesusí name (Genesis 50:20, Psalm 3:1-3, 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3)
So this is how HOMOSEXUALS Blaspheme the name of Christ, nullify his sacrifice on the cross, continue to live in an abomination, and claim salvation at the same time? The tell-tale phrase is that all of these statements begin with the first person pronoun.

Christ calls us to die to our sins. There is no salvation without repentance. Just as the Angels who destroyed Sodom blinded the men there preventing them from escaping their destruction, so Christ has become a "stumbling stone", "rock of offence", preventing practicing homosexuals from coming to salvation.

Homosexuals truly are "blinded by the light." Hell will be full of them and all others who reject Christ's offer of life. We'll keep you in our prayers.
Yves

Pekin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Arm yourself! Start your day with this! From Steven Furtick-
The 12 Audacious Faith Confessions- Pray these over yourself.
1-I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation (Romans 8:1-2, Ephesians 1:7-8, 1 John 1:9)
2-I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation (Joshua 10:12-14, John 14:12)
3-I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all of my heart (Proverbs 3:5
-6, Philippians 4:6-7, 1 Peter 5:7)
4-I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life (Exodus 3:9-12, Psalm 57:2, Colossians 1:24-29)
5-I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do (Dueteronomy 8:18, Luke 6:38, Philippians 4:13)
6-I have no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:13-16, Ephesians 5:25-27)
7-I am a faithful spouse and a godly parent-our family is blessed (Deuteronomy 6:6-9, Ephesians 5:22-25, Colossians 3:18-19, 1 Peter 3:1-7)
8-I am completely whole-physically, mentally and emotionally (Psalm 103:1-5, Matthew 8:16-17, 2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Peter 2:24)
9-I am increasing in influence and favor the kingdom of God (Genesis 45:4-8, 1 Samuel 2:26, Acts 2:37-47)
10-I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17, 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12)
11-I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make (2 Chronicles 1:7-12, Proverbs 2:6, Ecclesiastes 2:26, James 1:5)
12-I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesusí name (Genesis 50:20, Psalm 3:1-3, 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3)
If you have an electric version of the scriptures, review those passages dealing with repent and repentance.

You are a fool if you think you can continue to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior and promote such sin and be held blameless by God.

Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commands."

His brother James said, "Faith without works are dead." and "By your works you are justified."

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
So this is how HOMOSEXUALS Blaspheme the name of Christ, nullify his sacrifice on the cross, continue to live in an abomination, and claim salvation at the same time? The tell-tale phrase is that all of these statements begin with the first person pronoun.
Christ calls us to die to our sins. There is no salvation without repentance. Just as the Angels who destroyed Sodom blinded the men there preventing them from escaping their destruction, so Christ has become a "stumbling stone", "rock of offence", preventing practicing homosexuals from coming to salvation.
Homosexuals truly are "blinded by the light." Hell will be full of them and all others who reject Christ's offer of life. We'll keep [you] in our prayers.
Rejection is it, Phil? But, promising to "pray" for them anyway?

How wonderfully condescending, and yet, fully generous of you.

Too bad you didn't come forward with these biblical snippets before she did.

But, you didn't. So, more power to her! Good work, Sel!

Rev. Ken

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
Thanks Rev Ken...these goons are something else. GOD BLESS THEIR HEARTS...which translates in the South...you are F'ed up.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Joe DeCaro wrote:
When "reality" contradicts your gay world view, you can't openly challenge Stein's scholarly Hebrew without looking like the fool you really are, so instead you continue to deny what Stein himself actually said about the book of Samuel.
And posting an "open letter" on Topix is not directly contacting anyone, especially when Stein has a listed phone # and email account.
Joe dear, when are you going to realize that you have not offered us "Stein's scholarly Hebrew", because there is no proof, even from said Rabbi, that it is in fact, "Stein's scholarly Hebrew" and NOT your pathetic variety act.

I'm well aware that the good Rabbi has a publicly available email account, I wrote to him at it. Why do you imagine I keep telling you that he has yet to respond?

Sorry, but you are nothing more than a pathological liar and fraud and it appears that Rabbi Stein agrees with me.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe dear, when are you going to realize that you have not offered us "Stein's scholarly Hebrew" ...
It was offered, yet you simply refuse to accept it, but if you claim it didn't come from Rabbi Stein, where did it come from?

Again, when you can't refute WHAT Stein said, you simply deny he said it.

As they say on South Park: That's so gay.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

It came from you and no one else. Have you no shame?

“For this reason...”

Since: Feb 10

Marriage = Man + Woman 4 Life

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

I adore the sanctity of marriage...I abhore the traitors and sinners of DIVORCE!
Funny how you condone homosexual relations but condemn divorce huh?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
It came from you and no one else. Have you no shame?
Then according to you, I must be a Roman rabbi, or at least have a working knowledge of Hebrew, a daunting task for someone who only studied French.

The fact is that you can't accept what God, much less what Rabbi Stein has to say about homosexuality in the OT, so your lies just get bigger and bigger.

Have you no shame?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

WotMeWorry wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you condone homosexual relations but condemn divorce huh?
Yeah, Jesus and I see EYE TO EYE on lots of things...ALL things actually!

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

You have no shame.

You are nothing more than an unrepentant pathological liar and a fraud. You have repeated your rabbi ventriloquist act so often without challenge, that you have no idea what to do now that it's been proved to be a lie.

If you want to believe God hates the Gay folk, that's just another of your problems with Him, not ours. Trying to rationalize your irrational choices by blaming Him and the "thoughts" of your Rabbi dummy is just sad.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

Rick in Kansas wrote:
You have no shame.
You are nothing more than an unrepentant pathological liar and a fraud. You have repeated your rabbi ventriloquist act so often without challenge, that you have no idea what to do now that it's been proved to be a lie.
If you want to believe God hates the Gay folk, that's just another of your problems with Him, not ours. Trying to rationalize your irrational choices by blaming Him and the "thoughts" of your Rabbi dummy is just sad.
There are lots of sad things in Joe DeCaro's life...living in your mother's basement at age 50 is just one of them.
George

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>There are lots of sad things in Joe DeCaro's life...living in your mother's basement at age 50 is just one of them.
Joe lives in Rick's mother's basement?

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

George wrote:
Joe lives in Rick's mother's basement?
Not that I am aware of. I was just down her basement a couple of weeks ago putting away her Christmas decorations and there was nobody living there then. If he's there now, I'll have her talk to him, he clearly needs her help.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev. Ken
Excuse me, but I don't recognize anyone as a Reverend. There is no hiearchy among Christians, just those like you who use it as a dodge, hustle, or stam. Scripture taken out of context can prove anything to the unbeliever. The scripture says "there is no God," but if you read the whole scripture it actually says, "The Fool has said in his heart, there is no God." This listing of a perverted reading of the scriptures is consistent with a perversion in lifestyle.

While you mock, it is not I who established the edict abhoring HOMOSEXUAL conduct, it is GOD. Your platitudes merely fall flat on their face when compared with the word of God. Eventhough you flatter yourself as a Reverend, you are made of dust as are your pseudo-metropolitian "bravo sierra."

HOMOSEXUALS are blinded by their lust and things of the flesh. This is why they are blind to the "things of the spirit." All of the foolish justification of evil is also an abomination to the Lord God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••