Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 34045 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14156 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you Fa&&ot, of course. Hope it gets you off as much as a big dick up your A$$ does. LMFAO
It's reported of course.

Location hidden

#14157 Dec 3, 2012
Lisa B wrote:
'How can he get wisdom ... whose talk is of bullocks'
Who are you talking to? What are you talking about? Do you manage to be clear and specific?

Location hidden

#14158 Dec 3, 2012
NoQ seems to be a man with big problems? ;)

Galatians 5,19-21:

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Location hidden

#14159 Dec 3, 2012
Okay, I will pray for NoQ also. I put him in your hands Lord Yeshua, and I ask you that your Will shall happen to him and all his family and friends. Let him experience good things.

Lord Yeshua, the Holy One, I also want you to bless him and all his family and friends and the same with all other people in here that read this.
Lisa B

Liverpool, UK

#14160 Dec 3, 2012
Manmanman I wasn't addressing it to anyone. It was a comment that was meant to counteract all these biblical quotes in a humourous fashion.

OK, you don't understand it, so I won't bother trying to explain it to you.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14162 Dec 3, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly your lifestyle choice is doing just that, but if you felt good about your choice you wouldn't be here 24/7 with your childish OCD lies about my identity and your constant anti-Christian hate, venom, bigotry, and prejudice.
You obviously have very serious issues with your choice of living in open rebellion against God's many commands against homosexual behavior
I'll bow down and worship your God if you can fulfill all the following steps in sequence.

1. Using tangible, readily available, non-ontological evidence, prove that your God exist.

2. Prove that your God is the real God.

3. Prove that your God played a significant roll in writing a book such as the Bible, Koran, Bahgavad Gita etc.

4. Prove that such a book has not been altered, translated or interpreted in such a way as to change it's meaning.

5. Prove that your interpretation of that book is the only correct interpretation.

6. Prove that you are qualified to answer any of the above questions correctly.

Good Luck David.

Location hidden

#14164 Dec 3, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, poor self despising thing, we know you hate yourself and your choice of living in open rebellion against God. That is obvious from your moniker of waste water and the endless pain, hate, and self loathing that you post. Your OCE childish insistence of lying about my identity also says a lot, though it goes over your head.
As for Bible interpretation, are you truly insane enough to think there is wiggle room in what the Bible actually says?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
You have failed to cite even one Bible translation, ancient text, or Judeo Christian tradition to the contrary, so even if you are too simple to view the truth, you have failed to support your horrible hate based anti-Christian cause.
You didn't get past step one Jackass.

DISMISSED

NEXT

Location hidden

#14165 Dec 3, 2012
I'll bow down and worship your God if you can fulfill all the following steps in sequence.

1. Using tangible, readily available, non-ontological evidence, prove that your God exist.

2. Prove that your God is the real God.

3. Prove that your God played a significant roll in writing a book such as the Bible, Koran, Bahgavad Gita etc.

4. Prove that such a book has not been altered, translated or interpreted in such a way as to change it's meaning.

5. Prove that your interpretation of that book is the only correct interpretation.

6. Prove that you are qualified to answer any of the above questions correctly.

Good Luck David.

Location hidden

#14167 Dec 4, 2012
Lisa B wrote:
OK, you don't understand it, so I won't bother trying to explain it to you.
Okay, it's your choice if you don't want to explain.

Location hidden

#14169 Dec 4, 2012
It's reported.

Then, I look at it:
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray for yourself Fa$$ot, pray that you'll be able to relate to people and tolerate abuse if necessary.
You are talking to someone called Fa$$ot. Who are you talking to? I assume you think that I am Fa$$ot, but you're wrong if you think that.

In the rest of the post I assume he is talking to me:

If that's wrong, forgive me:

You try to manipulate me and try to decide what I shall pray for?

Why do you need to change me? How can that help you?

If you don't speak to me, I am defending "Fa$$ot", on the behalf of "Fa$$ot":
NoQ wrote:
Forgive when necessary.
Again you instruct me. What do you want to achieve with that? Avoid looking at yourself?

NoQ wrote:
I guess reporting every post you don't like is part of the forgiveness plan huh.
How can you move from guessing to knowing?

NoQ wrote:
Report Away. Every time you threaten me, I'll just come back harder.
Do you find it threatening to be reported? If you do nothing wrong, what is problematic with being reported?

If you do something wrong, what do you need to do then? How can you make it good again? Where can you find forgiveness for your terrible behaviour?

NoQ wrote:
All you accomplish is getting some of my post deleted. Big deal. I just repost again. If you're thinking they will ban me, give it up.
Again you try to manipulate me and tell me when I shall give up? I am the one that shall decide when and if I shall give up.

NoQ wrote:
That can't. Ask anyone of them. Believe Me CSer, if they could, they would. Now Report Away.
CSer?

Location hidden

#14170 Dec 4, 2012
Finally, I see NoQ has big problems, so I put him in your hands Lord Yeshua, and I pray for him, and I ask you to let your will happen to him and his friends and his beloved ones, and let him be blessed in the Name of Yeshua, the great One, and the same with all other people in here.

Amen

Location hidden

#14172 Dec 4, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your condescending reply to Lisa B is another attempt to control her message which is to refuse to comply with your request. Subtle on your part, but controlling, nonetheless.
Therefore, I am reporting you for psychologically violating her boundaries, attempting to control the message content of others and continuously posting off-topic in violation of Topix Terms of Service.
Furthermore, please refrain from posting any more blessings of me, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Such blessings are not either personally sought from you by me or needed, being a form of outright trespass on your part. I rightfully regard them as insincere, as long as you continue to threaten with thoughts of retribution and enlist the support of others in acknowledging a prediction of such retribution.
In other words, Mr. MMM Blue Bottle Fly to Whom I am Not Actually Speaking,
either "Buzz off" or get on-topic.
And after you have digested this for its sincerety, you are entitled, by me, to regard this message as an horrendous insult and to spiral downwards on your own towards a terrible fate of darkness and isolation until you repent, thereby taking the cure from a rather long draught of your own medicine.
Just sayin'...
LMAO!!!...
Love ya, BBFMMM!
Rev. Ken
Not for RevKen:

It's reported of course. He responds to me when I don't want any contact with him before he eventually repents.

I guess his day is approaching.

He has increased his aggression from insulting and ridiculing to death threat as it seems to me.

The Holy Scripture says:

Galatians 5,19-21:

"The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Location hidden

#14173 Dec 4, 2012
There is only one possibility for me, RevKen and all other people on the earth and that is to repent, and then the fruits of the Spirit might come:

Galatians 5,22-26:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."

I think this is valid for everybody, not only RevKen or me or..

I guess this is a universal Truth for everybody? What do you say guys?

If not, there is only a terrible fate left for everybody that doesn't cling to the Rock, the Allmighty One.

Location hidden

#14174 Dec 4, 2012
And that fate that is left is eternal terrible? There is only one chance and that is to cling to the Rock, Yeshua?

Location hidden

#14175 Dec 4, 2012
Not for RevKen:

So as far as I can see, RevKen is evil and has much problems and is lying so much and is so full of shit. I guess he needs help. He is sick? It's okay. We are all sick. I am. Everybody is. When that said, I want to pray for him:

Lord Yeshua, I pray to you and ask you to put RevKen in Your hands and give him all good things including repentance if he needs that. Amen.

When that said, I want you to bless him in Your allmighty Name. The same with all other people in here.

I need repentance? Everybody needs that in one or another way, I think?

I am sick, and RevKen is sick? So I and he deserves to be threated as sick persons?

but RevKen doesn't seem to want to repent?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14178 Dec 4, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Not for RevKen:
So as far as I can see, RevKen is evil and has much problems and is lying so much and is so full of shit. I guess he needs help. He is sick? It's okay. We are all sick. I am. Everybody is. When that said, I want to pray for him:
Lord Yeshua, I pray to you and ask you to put RevKen in Your hands and give him all good things including repentance if he needs that. Amen.
When that said, I want you to bless him in Your allmighty Name. The same with all other people in here.
I need repentance? Everybody needs that in one or another way, I think?
I am sick, and RevKen is sick? So I and he deserves to be threated as sick persons?
but RevKen doesn't seem to want to repent?
No, MMM - El Segundo - Manmanman or whatever I wish to call you or you wish to call yourself,

I reject your insincere prayers for me. Furthermore, I specifically request that you cease from doing this.

You talk about boundary violations? Your doing these prayers against my specific request to NOT do such prayers on my behalf is a true boundary violation.

Recognize it as such and stop doing it.

Respectfully,

Rev. Ken
tommyy69 mmm

UK

#14179 Dec 4, 2012
Catholics are all liars FACT !!!! Jesus born christmas day bet half of u god worshipers dont even know his real birthday wether he bé real or not !!!!

Location hidden

#14181 Dec 4, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you again Queer.
It's reported.

Location hidden

#14182 Dec 4, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're so fked up in the head, that you pray to you're Queer lover or something. You're one sick perverted Freak.
It's reported.

Location hidden

#14185 Dec 4, 2012
Not for Revken:

When it comes to RevKen, as far as I can see, he has problems,(All people have), but as far as I can see he doesn't want to repent.

And that's okay. There might be nothing I can do to change his mind. He is full of shit, from above-behaviour, ridiculing, insulting and as far as I can see the lates death threat.

I guess there is nothing I can do to change him.

It's his problems and his responsibility. My responsibiliy I guess is to protect myself, create myself space and so on?

He is allowed to behave like an asshole, I think. There is nothing I can do about it, but I might be able to protect myself. If I cling to the Lord I might be able to be protected against that.

That might be job; How to protect myself?

And of course I can pray:

Father in Heaven. I ask you for help. I am powerless over RevKen. He is too strong for me. I cling to You.

I pray for RevKen; I ask you to put him in your hands and to bless him. And the same with all other people in here in the Allmighty Name of Yeshua, the King of Kings, the Lion and the Lamb.

Amen.

Those who don't repent and follow the Lord might only have darkness in the future? A fate that is infinite terrible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thou shalt love the Lord thy God 21 min Listenn to the Word 2
News Episcopal Church Votes To Withdraw Investments ... 26 min Dan 2
News The Inspiring Faith Journey Of Nicole Garcia, A... 53 min Dan 11
News Love Wins Again - Episcopal Churches Change The... 1 hr RevKen 16
News St. James the Great congregants locked out 2 hr Dan 3
News Episcopal Bishops Overwhelmingly Reject Divestment 3 hr Dan 5
News Episcopal Church leaders welcome the lifting of... 10 hr L I G E R 9
More from around the web