Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36038 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#14089 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Is RevKen a little bit confused?; Responding to me, but addressing his post to a "Blue Bottle Fly MMM"? Anybody knows who that is?
Another strategy is to find a way to agree and own the insult. You could say yes Blue Bottle Flies are my best friends and I also like Mmmms.

Or how about blue bottle flies are high in protein content. Would you care to eat some? How about chocolate covered blue bottle flies. Caleb eats them every day. See how smart he is?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14094 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointless for sure. I should just go talk to the wall. It keeps some of us entertained though.
:)

Location hidden

#14095 Dec 2, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Another strategy is to find a way to agree and own the insult. You could say yes Blue Bottle Flies are my best friends and I also like Mmmms.
Or how about blue bottle flies are high in protein content. Would you care to eat some? How about chocolate covered blue bottle flies.
Yea, thanks for the idea.

LuLu Ford wrote:
Caleb eats them every day. See how smart he is?
:-)

Location hidden

#14096 Dec 2, 2012
RU Bloggers 4 Real wrote:
<quoted text>So, are you saying that gays are not really gay, since they have straight feelings. So, is it a fact, they are just putrid disordered straights who have been overcome by gay feelings or pedophile feelings.
I think there is important to differ between feelings/ attractions and actions.

I think there is not problematic with attractions/ feelings. What do you think?

When it comes to actions, I am not sure what is right. What do you think?

The problem with the quotes from Caleb is that why should those Scriptures be followed and other Scriptures not.

I also think that Alan has a lot of good points. The whole Scripture is full of contradictions.
RU Bloggers 4 Real

Waterford, WI

#14097 Dec 2, 2012
RU Bloggers 4 Real wrote:
<quoted text>...
So, I spread the lie that all gays are pedophiles and that all gays were abused as children. I perpetuate the myth that homosexuality is a disorder and you can not name one psychiatrist who has conducted a study to prove otherwise. I type with one hand when I spread this filth, if you know what I'm saying.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14098 Dec 2, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's reported. He is violating my boundaries.
He is addressing his post to someone called "MMM Blue Bottle Fly". Who's that?

In post #14068 above, the same writer as has posted above asks the very same two questions, word for word, to AtlantaGA. Now this same person complains bitterly that someone else asks another person called "MMM," whoever that is, the exact same two questions, saying that I have now "violated His boundaries."

What a Crock!

LMAO!!!.... What a Hypocrite! And what a Maroon!

I don't even reply to this guy, instead addressing my post to someone named "MMM Blue Bottle Fly," and this guy throws a hissy fit!

Obviously, this thread has invited comments from all kinds of knee-jerk bloviators who are cruise-buzzing around looking for a fertile spot to alight and feast on perceived sh-t.

Maybe "MMM Blue Bottle Fly" is one of these critter-cruisers.

I think so. Therefore, I am going into the basement and getting out my big blue fly-swatter and I am going to USE it. It will be part of my celebration of Advent, which began in our Episcopal Church, this morning.

In the meantime, I would welcome any comments here from others, including from the Manito Manurehead, that actually address the subject of this Episcopal Church Forum thread topic, which is "Homosexuality and the Bible."

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#14099 Dec 2, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about blue bottle flies are high in protein content. Would you care to eat some? How about chocolate covered blue bottle flies. Caleb eats them every day. See how smart he is?
Dear LuLu,

We shall see whether or not your well-considered, though unsolicited, advice will become advice taken or advice regarded and reported as an offensive crossing of personal boundaries.

Personally, I generally like Blue Bottle Flies. When one gets in the house, I normally capture it and then release it out-of-doors. But, sometimes they are just too much of a pest and will bother a soul enough to deserve a mashing swat.

It is the Green Bottle Flies that are much more disgusting and which I will readily swat, even though they and their maggots do provide an excellent cleaning service in the environment. It's just that their feet and puke are particularly nasty with bacteria.

Just depends on the circumstances, I guess.

Rev. Ken
Lisa B

Reading, UK

#14100 Dec 2, 2012
There's that word CHOICE again. How many people would CHOOSE to live a lifestyle that morons like you want to vilify.

As a matter of fact if me and my LESBIAN LOVER lived across the street, we would make sure we annoyed you to the nth degree.

Location hidden

#14101 Dec 2, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>

Personally, I generally like Blue Bottle Flies. When one gets in the house, I normally capture it and then release it out-of-doors. But, sometimes they are just too much of a pest and will bother a soul enough to deserve a mashing swat.
It's reported. It might be a threat because I think that RevKen falsely calls me Blue Bottle Fly.

So when he can't win the debate, he starts to threaten physically? It's going downward with him, isn't it?

Father, I pray for him and put him in your hands and I ask you that your will must happen to him.

Amen

Location hidden

#14102 Dec 2, 2012
Not for RevKen:
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
In post #14068 above, the same writer as has posted above asks the very same two questions, word for word, to AtlantaGA. Now this same person complains bitterly that someone else asks another person called "MMM," whoever that is, the exact same two questions, saying that I have now "violated His boundaries."
What a Crock!
LMAO!!!.... What a Hypocrite! And what a Maroon!
I don't even reply to this guy, instead addressing my post to someone named "MMM Blue Bottle Fly," and this guy throws a hissy fit!
Obviously, this thread has invited comments from all kinds of knee-jerk bloviators who are cruise-buzzing around looking for a fertile spot to alight and feast on perceived sh-t.
Maybe "MMM Blue Bottle Fly" is one of these critter-cruisers.
I think so. Therefore, I am going into the basement and getting out my big blue fly-swatter and I am going to USE it. It will be part of my celebration of Advent, which began in our Episcopal Church, this morning.
In the meantime, I would welcome any comments here from others, including from the Manito Manurehead, that actually address the subject of this Episcopal Church Forum thread topic, which is "Homosexuality and the Bible."
Rev. Ken
Wonder what is reported. Wonder what kind of boundaries he he feels has been crossed?

As far as I can see, he crossed mine when he quoted me, but he is also maybe right that he didn't speak to me, so maybe he didn't cross them too much?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14103 Dec 2, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Not for RevKen:
<quoted text>
Wonder what is reported. Wonder what kind of boundaries he he feels has been crossed?
As far as I can see, he crossed mine when he quoted me, but he is also maybe right that he didn't speak to me, so maybe he didn't cross them too much?
Topix is all about violating boundaries my friend. If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the fire. Reporting is nonsense. Topix knows that flaming works. Flaming brings the hits. Flaming makes the numbers look good and brings in the bread and butter. Like Gordon Gekko said, "Greed works, greed is good, greed is a motivator."

Location hidden

#14104 Dec 2, 2012
Take David. He is so sick he keeps coming back for more abuse. See how he attacks people with his arrogant, self-righteous rants then gets all defensive when the shit hits the fan.

Come on David aka Caleb. Come back. I can hardly wait to abuse you some more.

Location hidden

#14105 Dec 2, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
Father in Heaven, I pray for RevKen, let your will happen to him, and bless him in the Name of Yeshua, the One and the same with all other people in here. Amen
Thanks for the Blessing.

Location hidden

#14106 Dec 2, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix is all about violating boundaries my friend. If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the fire. Reporting is nonsense. Topix knows that flaming works. Flaming brings the hits. Flaming makes the numbers look good and brings in the bread and butter. Like Gordon Gekko said, "Greed works, greed is good, greed is a motivator."
Blue Bottle Flies are also kind of slow.

Location hidden

#14107 Dec 2, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Blue Bottle Flies are also kind of slow.
Ahh yes, I missed that analogy altogether. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't they make a lot of noise?
Robsan5

United States

#14109 Dec 2, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You have an unrealistically high opinion of yourself. You're going to have to learn at least the very basics of the thread title before your comments have any meaning at all. As is, you're just pathetic. You know well enough that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior. If you have a problem with that, you need to have your fight with God.
As for your childish OCD lies about my identity, while I wish the false target no harm, I appreciate the fact that you have no idea who I really am and direct ire elsewhere.
A few years ago, I was falsely identified and and a family with young children got abuse telephone calls from your fellow homofascist fanatics at all hours of the day and night. You people can make no rational argument for your horrible hate based agenda, so attacking others is really your only option.
How do you know they received any calls, David?
Oops, you just outed yourself again.

Robert
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14110 Dec 2, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
"femenine"?!?
"Superset"?!?
Exactly how stupid are you, FAKER? I bet you'll let us know.
So Weak. So Lame. So Just. Plain. Really Stupid.
Roberta/Robsana ("kepp" "your" gay anal sex dream obsession going, OCD/ADHD boy!)
Im sorry ladybug.... Did the estrogen kingdom fall on you once again???? It must suck to have all those hot flashes and cramps... And then think you might have crapped your youre panties.... Poor little miss sand... Hopefully all those anal fetish dreams you keep having won't empty out on you fagsand.... Keep the lubed weaksand sodomy express leaking away... WAB.....:)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14111 Dec 2, 2012
hal wrote:
<quoted text>
Minerals?
Herby????
(With a pm facility, no less).
Who knew????
Mounds/talking out its butt/about nothing/Who would have guessed anything different.....:)
DMAN

Aurora, CO

#14112 Dec 2, 2012
hal wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you go upmarket (upper case) DMAN.
SAMHAIN might rematerialise, and he'd be pissed.
Probably!
That was an accident....(Kind of like robsan being born)...
scottish gay boy

Hounslow, UK

#14113 Dec 2, 2012
Everytime i see these forums i really dont get you people.
OPEN YOUR MIND, BEFORE YOUR MOUTH
All christians do is put others down because they feel superior.
There worse than nazis :)
Let people be who they want to be.
Christians inspire gay hatred, there the ones who should be killed for the intolerance
Join Free

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Non-denominational Evangelical minister, Episco... 7 hr Trump s Birtherex... 2
News Motion denied to dismiss charges against bishop Sat Eric Bonetti 2
News Gay priest from Redlands discusses sexuality, r... (Feb '15) Nov 29 Mike 11
News All kinds of thanks: City hosts community Thank... Nov 19 Real Frank 3
News Cathedral Criticized for Honoring Confederate G... Oct '16 Listen to the Word 1
http://www.dontperish.com/videos.html Sep '16 spiritually led 1
News 15 years after Sept. 11, 2001, memorials throug... Sep '16 Johnny Dingoberry 4
More from around the web