Homosexuality and the Bible

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: Selecia Jones- JAX FL | Full story: www.smh.com.au

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Comments
13,061 - 13,080 of 24,881 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#14061 Dec 1, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You are the troll, LyingWasteWater.
Your name says it all. You are ashamed of choosing to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior.
Do you really think your lies about my identity change anything? Remember, you have completely failed to support your lie.
You are pathetic.
Defensive much David?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14062 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
The funny thing is how feckless his approach is. If I was trying to win someone over to my ideology, I wouldn't start with a personal attack. Besides, David is stuck on stupid.
What a Jackass.
David is not your best friend online?:-)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14063 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
David is not your best friend online?:-)
No you are.

Location hidden

#14064 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
And no, none of us can live our lives perfect - but that is why God sent His only Son, Jesus, here to live as a man - and to be crucified to wash away our sins. The Bible says that at our best we are filthy rags - but Jesus came to save us from eternal death by being crucified on the Cross.
I have no problems with what you say, but it just seems to me that you are quoting something that you have heard. Is that right?

Location hidden

#14065 Dec 1, 2012
hal wrote:
<quoted text>
Off he's gone.
Further out into fairyland.
Will we ever see his like again?
No sweat.
They're lining up to compete.
Always.
? I don't understand what you mean?

Location hidden

#14066 Dec 1, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame God! I celebrate God for creating me to be an artistic, thoughtful, loving, intelligent gay man. I was created in God's image and THAT is the image he had for me.
Couldn't it be that some people just have som gay feelings? They might not need to act upon them and be "gay"? Is it gay to have gay feelings or is it only gay to act upon them?

The only things that count is what we do with it?

Location hidden

#14067 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
God gives us all free will - but with that free will includes consequences. People can choose to not believe in God, or His Bible - that is their choice to make.
All I'm saying is to choose wisely - if you are wrong, look at what you will lose.
What do you choose?

Location hidden

#14068 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
There is no human that is perfect - Jesus was the only perfect sinless human. But that is why He was sent here - to die for our sins.
What do you want to achieve when you say this? How can this be helpful to anybody?

Location hidden

#14069 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
I think Caleb has it worded just right - nice answer, Caleb!
Wasted Water, you appear to have alot of anger inside - so to you I'll just say this - God loves you and extends His hand of salvation even to you - but you have to accept His Son, Jesus, as your Saviour and turn from whatever sin(s) you are struggling with. The Bible tells us that we cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. If you are against God then you are with satan - that's the only two options we have.
AtlantaGA: What is your goal with this post? How do you think it can be helpful for Wastewater if that is your intention?

Location hidden

#14070 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
Most people tend to try to fit God into their lives, and sins - but we should be trying our best to fit into His.
We can't work our sins around God and His laws for us - it just doesn't work that way. He is the Creator, it's His House and His rules/laws - which we are to follow - not to try and fit our sins into His laws.
End spoiler, WasteWater - this is what is going to happen here on our pleasant planet: The gay community will continue "winning" in society - at least until Jesus returns. They will change laws to make it "legal" to be gay and "legal" to be married to another male or female. And laws will change that will make it illegal for the believers to even have a say against this issue. But just because a law is created against something you think that this will mean society/believers will accept the lifestyle as "normal". True Christians will never accept the homosexual life as "normal" because it isn't.
Soooooo..........
The gay community gets to marry, to be "legal" and to enjoy their chosen lifestyles - without being harassed or singled out by society. This will be allowed to happen via satan and the fact that we are in the last days here on Earth.
BUT - when Jesus returns, the party is over for the gay community. There are consequences that will have to be settled upon Jesus' return.
The choice the gay community should be mulling over is ... is sex and sinning more important than where they'll spend their eternal life after they leave this planet.
As I said earlier - it's your choice - but be sure you can live and die with your decision, that's all.
What do you want to achieve? And when that answered, how do you think you succeed then?

Location hidden

#14071 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
Most people tend to try to fit God into their lives, and sins - but we should be trying our best to fit into His.
We can't work our sins around God and His laws for us - it just doesn't work that way. He is the Creator, it's His House and His rules/laws - which we are to follow - not to try and fit our sins into His laws.
End spoiler, WasteWater - this is what is going to happen here on our pleasant planet: The gay community will continue "winning" in society - at least until Jesus returns. They will change laws to make it "legal" to be gay and "legal" to be married to another male or female. And laws will change that will make it illegal for the believers to even have a say against this issue. But just because a law is created against something you think that this will mean society/believers will accept the lifestyle as "normal". True Christians will never accept the homosexual life as "normal" because it isn't.
Soooooo..........
The gay community gets to marry, to be "legal" and to enjoy their chosen lifestyles - without being harassed or singled out by society. This will be allowed to happen via satan and the fact that we are in the last days here on Earth.
BUT - when Jesus returns, the party is over for the gay community. There are consequences that will have to be settled upon Jesus' return.
The choice the gay community should be mulling over is ... is sex and sinning more important than where they'll spend their eternal life after they leave this planet.
As I said earlier - it's your choice - but be sure you can live and die with your decision, that's all.
You seem to teach very much. Not sure where you want?

Location hidden

#14072 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
<quoted text>
In looking over your other Topix posts, it would appear you also don't believe that 9/11 was a sham - both 9/11s. You seem to go with what the mainstream news media tells you happened. But that might also by why you are buying into the homosexual life - and the notion that God doesn't exist..... i.e. because that is what "everyone" else is saying and believing.
My advice would be to start thinking for YOU - and not allowing other agendas to influence your better logic. satan is extremely deceptive in his schemes all designed to destroy our belief in God and His Word (Bible).
What are you up to? Can you be specific?

Location hidden

#14073 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't hate people - He tries His best to lead us to His salvation - but we hard headed stubborn sin filled humans are so full of vanity and pride, we tend to not want to listen to Him.
So how do you manage to listen to him yourself? Do you manage to speak in "I-form"? I am not asking you for advices.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14074 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want to achieve when you say this? How can this be helpful to anybody?
Dear MMM Blue Bottle Fly,

What do you want to achieve when you ask this? How can this be helpful to anybody?

Location hidden

#14075 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
This has nothing to do with understanding the Bible David.
You cannot prove the Bible is God's Word using the Bible, that is circular reasoning. IOWs it is a closed loop. In order to prove the Bible is God's Word, you must prove the following, using verifiable, tangible and non-ontological evidence in the proper sequence.
1. You must prove that God exists.
2. You must prove that your God is the right God.
3. You must prove that your God wrote the Bible.
4. You must prove that your God has approved all translations.
5. You must prove that your God approves your personal interpretation and opinion.
6. You must prove that your God is my God.
Most people cannot get beyond step one.
Good luck.
Let me know how it goes for you.
I think no man can prove that God exists or that He does not exist?

Location hidden

#14076 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't it be that some people just have som gay feelings? They might not need to act upon them and be "gay"? Is it gay to have gay feelings or is it only gay to act upon them?
The only things that count is what we do with it?
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,

Regarding adultery, Jesus taught that if a man merely fantasizes about it, he has already committed the sin.

That being the case, and adultery being what it is, what do you think the answers to your questions above are?

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#14077 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem reply FAIL
Lying about your true identity FAIL
Your interpretation of the Bible FAIL
lifestyle choice FAIL
You haven't gotten past step one FAIL
What an ignorant Jackass.
LMAO
How do you think it is to argue with Caleb?

Location hidden

#14078 Dec 1, 2012
following childabuse wrote:
the bible has rules but USA
and England don't like the holy word
so the youth young and idage
wont follow it
the old aged and upper yes
while the aged who live and grown
know this for that or tht for this
the young the youth the midage
all want to know it all
but many things wont be let known
no matter what
the human race can't hold mind to read so thereforth trying to understand can't happen unless there
is a rap music or a movie on it
them of young youth who do find it are there forth OUT CAST and seen as cray or poor or sick among the rest of there people family friends etc
but the word is the word
key thing finding a higher power <---- Drug sex and rock and roll aint a higher power
Not sure what you are saying? Can you be specific?

Location hidden

#14079 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are.
Thanks

Location hidden

#14080 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think no man can prove that God exists or that He does not exist?

What if God is a she? Then, no matter how one tries, one cannot prove he exists, can one? No. One cannot. But, if God is a she, we can state with certitude that he does not exist.

I think no man can prove that you exist. Certainly, no man can prove that El Segundo exists. And we already know that El Segundo, who does not exist, is YOU!

I think that it is time for you to buzz off. My opinion, of course, and do you think that I am entitled to my opinion?

Not for Blue Bottle Fly MMM:

I think Blue Bottle Fly MMM is headed toward a terrible place. He might be spiralling downwards into something terrible. But, I don't know. What do you say guys?

Blue Bottle Fly is probably full of decrepit, tasteless, meaningless Baloney, isn't he and he asks all these useless questions doesn't he? Maybe he is just on the brink of a giant dive into the cosmic cowpie where he will satisfy his appetite and quench his horrible, terrible thirst for fresh, stinking black hole cowpie in the enormous pasture of She-God's vastness.

But, I certainly forgive him for his obsession with fresh cowpie, don't you and may Yeshua the Great and Tall stand by ready to Bless him if he fails to recover from the dive? What do you say guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut's religiously intolerant history, P... (Nov '13) 8 hr RevKen 5
Remembering The 'Philadelphia 11': Where The Fi... Aug 11 RevKen 26
Church of England lifts ban on gay bishops (Jan '13) Aug 11 RevKen 18
Women priesthood: 40 years on Worshippers gathe... Aug 7 RevKen 7
Remembering the Nonviolent Pittston Strike (May '12) Aug 6 joejack 4
Religious Organizations Mobilizing on Climate C... (Nov '13) Aug 5 Sonny 3
Judge in Episcopal schism trial: It's a civil m... Aug 2 RevKen 10
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••