Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36055 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14069 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
I think Caleb has it worded just right - nice answer, Caleb!
Wasted Water, you appear to have alot of anger inside - so to you I'll just say this - God loves you and extends His hand of salvation even to you - but you have to accept His Son, Jesus, as your Saviour and turn from whatever sin(s) you are struggling with. The Bible tells us that we cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. If you are against God then you are with satan - that's the only two options we have.
AtlantaGA: What is your goal with this post? How do you think it can be helpful for Wastewater if that is your intention?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14070 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
Most people tend to try to fit God into their lives, and sins - but we should be trying our best to fit into His.
We can't work our sins around God and His laws for us - it just doesn't work that way. He is the Creator, it's His House and His rules/laws - which we are to follow - not to try and fit our sins into His laws.
End spoiler, WasteWater - this is what is going to happen here on our pleasant planet: The gay community will continue "winning" in society - at least until Jesus returns. They will change laws to make it "legal" to be gay and "legal" to be married to another male or female. And laws will change that will make it illegal for the believers to even have a say against this issue. But just because a law is created against something you think that this will mean society/believers will accept the lifestyle as "normal". True Christians will never accept the homosexual life as "normal" because it isn't.
.
Soooooo..........
.
The gay community gets to marry, to be "legal" and to enjoy their chosen lifestyles - without being harassed or singled out by society. This will be allowed to happen via satan and the fact that we are in the last days here on Earth.
.
BUT - when Jesus returns, the party is over for the gay community. There are consequences that will have to be settled upon Jesus' return.
.
The choice the gay community should be mulling over is ... is sex and sinning more important than where they'll spend their eternal life after they leave this planet.
As I said earlier - it's your choice - but be sure you can live and die with your decision, that's all.
What do you want to achieve? And when that answered, how do you think you succeed then?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14071 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
Most people tend to try to fit God into their lives, and sins - but we should be trying our best to fit into His.
We can't work our sins around God and His laws for us - it just doesn't work that way. He is the Creator, it's His House and His rules/laws - which we are to follow - not to try and fit our sins into His laws.
End spoiler, WasteWater - this is what is going to happen here on our pleasant planet: The gay community will continue "winning" in society - at least until Jesus returns. They will change laws to make it "legal" to be gay and "legal" to be married to another male or female. And laws will change that will make it illegal for the believers to even have a say against this issue. But just because a law is created against something you think that this will mean society/believers will accept the lifestyle as "normal". True Christians will never accept the homosexual life as "normal" because it isn't.
.
Soooooo..........
.
The gay community gets to marry, to be "legal" and to enjoy their chosen lifestyles - without being harassed or singled out by society. This will be allowed to happen via satan and the fact that we are in the last days here on Earth.
.
BUT - when Jesus returns, the party is over for the gay community. There are consequences that will have to be settled upon Jesus' return.
.
The choice the gay community should be mulling over is ... is sex and sinning more important than where they'll spend their eternal life after they leave this planet.
As I said earlier - it's your choice - but be sure you can live and die with your decision, that's all.
You seem to teach very much. Not sure where you want?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14072 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
<quoted text>
In looking over your other Topix posts, it would appear you also don't believe that 9/11 was a sham - both 9/11s. You seem to go with what the mainstream news media tells you happened. But that might also by why you are buying into the homosexual life - and the notion that God doesn't exist..... i.e. because that is what "everyone" else is saying and believing.
My advice would be to start thinking for YOU - and not allowing other agendas to influence your better logic. satan is extremely deceptive in his schemes all designed to destroy our belief in God and His Word (Bible).
What are you up to? Can you be specific?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14073 Dec 1, 2012
AtlantaGa wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't hate people - He tries His best to lead us to His salvation - but we hard headed stubborn sin filled humans are so full of vanity and pride, we tend to not want to listen to Him.
So how do you manage to listen to him yourself? Do you manage to speak in "I-form"? I am not asking you for advices.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14074 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you want to achieve when you say this? How can this be helpful to anybody?
Dear MMM Blue Bottle Fly,

What do you want to achieve when you ask this? How can this be helpful to anybody?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14075 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
This has nothing to do with understanding the Bible David.
You cannot prove the Bible is God's Word using the Bible, that is circular reasoning. IOWs it is a closed loop. In order to prove the Bible is God's Word, you must prove the following, using verifiable, tangible and non-ontological evidence in the proper sequence.
1. You must prove that God exists.
2. You must prove that your God is the right God.
3. You must prove that your God wrote the Bible.
4. You must prove that your God has approved all translations.
5. You must prove that your God approves your personal interpretation and opinion.
6. You must prove that your God is my God.
Most people cannot get beyond step one.
Good luck.
Let me know how it goes for you.
I think no man can prove that God exists or that He does not exist?

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14076 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't it be that some people just have som gay feelings? They might not need to act upon them and be "gay"? Is it gay to have gay feelings or is it only gay to act upon them?
The only things that count is what we do with it?
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,

Regarding adultery, Jesus taught that if a man merely fantasizes about it, he has already committed the sin.

That being the case, and adultery being what it is, what do you think the answers to your questions above are?

Rev. Ken

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14077 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
ad hominem reply FAIL
Lying about your true identity FAIL
Your interpretation of the Bible FAIL
lifestyle choice FAIL
You haven't gotten past step one FAIL
What an ignorant Jackass.
LMAO
How do you think it is to argue with Caleb?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14078 Dec 1, 2012
following childabuse wrote:
the bible has rules but USA
and England don't like the holy word
so the youth young and idage
wont follow it
the old aged and upper yes
while the aged who live and grown
know this for that or tht for this
the young the youth the midage
all want to know it all
but many things wont be let known
no matter what
the human race can't hold mind to read so thereforth trying to understand can't happen unless there
is a rap music or a movie on it
them of young youth who do find it are there forth OUT CAST and seen as cray or poor or sick among the rest of there people family friends etc
but the word is the word
key thing finding a higher power <---- Drug sex and rock and roll aint a higher power
Not sure what you are saying? Can you be specific?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14079 Dec 1, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are.
Thanks

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14080 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think no man can prove that God exists or that He does not exist?
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,

What if God is a she? Then, no matter how one tries, one cannot prove he exists, can one? No. One cannot. But, if God is a she, we can state with certitude that he does not exist.

Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,

I think no man can prove that you exist. Certainly, no man can prove that El Segundo exists. And we already know that El Segundo, who does not exist, is YOU!

Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,

I think that it is time for you to buzz off. My opinion, of course, and do you think that I am entitled to my opinion?

Not for Blue Bottle Fly MMM:

I think Blue Bottle Fly MMM is headed toward a terrible place. He might be spiralling downwards into something terrible. But, I don't know. What do you say guys?

Blue Bottle Fly is probably full of decrepit, tasteless, meaningless Baloney, isn't he and he asks all these useless questions doesn't he? Maybe he is just on the brink of a giant dive into the cosmic cowpie where he will satisfy his appetite and quench his horrible, terrible thirst for fresh, stinking black hole cowpie in the enormous pasture of She-God's vastness.

But, I certainly forgive him for his obsession with fresh cowpie, don't you and may Yeshua the Great and Tall stand by ready to Bless him if he fails to recover from the dive? What do you say guys?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14081 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you manage to listen to him yourself? Do you manage to speak in "I-form"? I am not asking you for advices.
I try once more:

So how do you manage to listen to Him yourself? Do you manage to speak in "I-form"? I am not asking you for advices. Do you manage to talk about yourself? Not fixing? Not "helping"? Just sharing in "I-form" or asking questions or contributing to the debate without teaching from above?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14082 Dec 1, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MMM Blue Bottle Fly,
What do you want to achieve when you ask this? How can this be helpful to anybody?
It's reported. He is violating my boundaries.

He is addressing his post to someone called "MMM Blue Bottle Fly". Who's that?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14083 Dec 1, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,
Regarding adultery, Jesus taught that if a man merely fantasizes about it, he has already committed the sin.
That being the case, and adultery being what it is, what do you think the answers to your questions above are?
Rev. Ken
It's reported. He violated my boundaries.

Then he talks to someone called "Blue Bottle Fly MMM". I don't know who that is? Anybody knows?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14084 Dec 1, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,
What if God is a she? Then, no matter how one tries, one cannot prove he exists, can one? No. One cannot. But, if God is a she, we can state with certitude that he does not exist.
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,
I think no man can prove that you exist. Certainly, no man can prove that El Segundo exists. And we already know that El Segundo, who does not exist, is YOU!
Dear Blue Bottle Fly MMM,
I think that it is time for you to buzz off. My opinion, of course, and do you think that I am entitled to my opinion?
Not for Blue Bottle Fly MMM:
I think Blue Bottle Fly MMM is headed toward a terrible place. He might be spiralling downwards into something terrible. But, I don't know. What do you say guys?
Blue Bottle Fly is probably full of decrepit, tasteless, meaningless Baloney, isn't he and he asks all these useless questions doesn't he? Maybe he is just on the brink of a giant dive into the cosmic cowpie where he will satisfy his appetite and quench his horrible, terrible thirst for fresh, stinking black hole cowpie in the enormous pasture of She-God's vastness.
But, I certainly forgive him for his obsession with fresh cowpie, don't you and may Yeshua the Great and Tall stand by ready to Bless him if he fails to recover from the dive? What do you say guys?
It's reported. He violates my boundaries.

;)

Then he addresses to "Blue Bottle Fly MMM". Somebody knows who that is? ;)

When RevKen is doing so much stupid he might get a terrible fate if he doesn't repent?:)

Father in Heaven I put him in your hands and ask that your Will with him must happen in the Name of Yeshua, the Son of the One.

Amen

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14085 Dec 1, 2012
Father in Heaven, I pray for RevKen, let your will happen to him, and bless him in the Name of Yeshua, the One and the same with all other people in here. Amen

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14086 Dec 1, 2012
Fun in here? ;):-)

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#14087 Dec 1, 2012
Is RevKen a little bit confused?; Responding to me, but addressing his post to a "Blue Bottle Fly MMM"? Anybody knows who that is?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#14088 Dec 1, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think it is to argue with Caleb?
Pointless for sure. I should just go talk to the wall. It keeps some of us entertained though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Closing time for the Episcopalians Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Let churches open their eyes to love, whether o... Jun 16 alen 2
News 30 LGBT Saints Jun 4 True Christian wi... 2
News Mitch Landrieu re-enters New Orleans 2010 Mayor... (Nov '09) May '17 T-BOS 2
News Indiana church organist arrested in post-electi... May '17 Listen to the Word 1
News First Openly Gay Episcopal Bishop To Be Honored (Mar '13) May '17 True Christian wi... 10
More from around the web