Homosexuality and the Bible

Homosexuality and the Bible

There are 36053 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Aug 15, 2011, titled Homosexuality and the Bible. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Given the ongoing debate about same-sex marriage, it is time I looked at the two Testaments to remind myself why belief is so hard for me to embrace.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

Ned

Manito, IL

#11110 Aug 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
David, when did the word "homosexual" first appear in your bible?
"God of the universes"?!? How many universes are there, David?
Roberta (just for you, homosexual-tendencies-represse d David!)
Roberta, you've seen the nonsense of when an English word was coined proved nonsense do many times. Haven't you been paying attention?

You can cite positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that doesn't condemn your God-forbidden lifestyle choice.

So why are you even here?

Just being a troll?

You are truly an idiot, Roberta. You can make no logical case for your attempts to falsely identify me.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11112 Aug 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
David, when did the word "homosexual" first appear in your bible?
"God of the universes"?!? How many universes are there, David?
Roberta (just for you, homosexual-tendencies-represse d David!)
Look how David is using gender as an insult. What's more he is so afraid of being homosexual. One can only conclude he is insecure in his manhood.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#11113 Aug 25, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry David. You haven't checked out Wikipedia lately, have you?
Wikipedia definition:
Pathetic: see David from Manito, IL.
Robert
Indeed! Sitting there with no shirt cutting out paper dolls.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11114 Aug 25, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>Roberta, you've seen the nonsense of when an English word was coined proved nonsense do many times. Haven't you been paying attention?
You can cite positively no Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that doesn't condemn your God-forbidden lifestyle choice.
Just being a troll?
You are truly an idiot, Roberta. You can make no logical case for your attempts to falsely identify me.
Defensive much David?
Robsan5

La Mesa, CA

#11115 Aug 25, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>Roberta, you've seen the nonsense of when an English word was coined proved nonsense do many times. Haven't you been paying attention?
Just being a troll?
David, why are you fighting against your god? Your struggle has left you depressed, frustrated, confused and angry.
Accept who and what you are, as your god created you. To deny your true nature is to deny your god.
The fact that you try to hide your true identity by using multiple names plainly shows the struggle and inner turmoil you have. You use multiple names as a mask to hide your true feelings behind.
Accept yourself as your god made you. It's what god wants you to do.

Robert

Since: Sep 09

Hollywood, CA.

#11116 Aug 25, 2012
Ned wrote:
Just being a troll?
Piu biblica movimenti intestinali?.

torta di frutta !!

NUT!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11117 Aug 26, 2012
So, what happened to Atlanta? Gone? Excluded from the Forum?
Enigma

United States

#11118 Aug 26, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
So, what happened to Atlanta? Gone? Excluded from the Forum?
Manmanman, evidently you have prevailed. Due to his terrible behavior, Atlanta has been excluded from the Forum by the MODULATOR.
Ned

Manito, IL

#11120 Aug 26, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Piu biblica movimenti intestinali?.
torta di frutta !!
NUT!
You are indeed a fruitcake, nut, and a troll. Thank you for exclaiming that.

It's also good that you are now open for your hatred of the Bible, but you will never change the fact that it forever condemns all homosexual acts repeatedly in both Testaments.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#11121 Aug 26, 2012
Manurehead Ned wrote:
<quoted text>You are indeed a fruitcake, nut, and a troll. Thank you for exclaiming that.
It's also good that you are now open for your hatred of the Bible, but you will never change the fact that it forever condemns all homosexual acts repeatedly in both Testaments.
LOL!!!....

No. The reference to the fruitcake, nut and troll was a reference to YOU, Manurehead Ned!

It is actally YOU who repeatedly and undeniably shows YOUR hatred for the bible.

On purpose, YOU completely ignore the fact that the entire Old Testament, especially in the excesses of the "Priest's Manual" we call Leviticus, is superceded by the New Testament through the New Covenant of Christ Jesus.

** And You even admit this.**

Care to explain for the readers on this Topix TEC Forum why you continue to refuse to provide ONE Quote - ANY quote - from Christ Jesus in affirmation of your hateful views?

You completely and deliberately misinterpret the Teachings of Christ Jesus and repeatedly choose to ignore Him, while posting your broken record that you say is unchalleged.

>>>...

Here is the challenge you have asked for, friend:

Post something Jesus is quoted in the bible as having said that supports your hypocritical and bigoted views condemning same-sex relationship. If you can't figure it out, go back to your Webster's and refer to the definition of "eunuch" again.

You do not appear to be "Christian" after all.

Just saying.#:>)

Rev. Ken

Hollywood, CA.

#11122 Aug 26, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>You are indeed a fruitcake, nut, and a troll. Thank you for exclaiming that.
you 'll never change the fact GOD NEVER spoke anything about it either,, and dont bother posting your leviticus ro timothy aor any other men from the bible they aint God and you know it ..Biblical loser that you are.....LMAO!
Ned

Manito, IL

#11123 Aug 26, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
you 'll never change the fact GOD NEVER spoke anything about it either,, and dont bother posting your leviticus ro timothy aor any other men from the bible they aint God and you know it ..Biblical loser that you are.....LMAO!
I don't think even you believe your own post. You obviously cannot just walk away from the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior. To any Christian, these commands are completely valid and binding:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Morris

Ã…kersberga, Sweden

#11124 Aug 26, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
i see that BIG TEX banned you from the Cafe. LMAO!

Hollywood, CA.

#11125 Aug 26, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think even you believe your own post. You obviously cannot just walk away from the FACT that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior. To any Christian, these commands are completely valid and binding:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Apparently you have a reading & comprehension problem.. Where is GOD??. all I see it timothy, leviticus , the Movie star, the professor & maryann.. None of this was written or spoken by GOD... fool! and ya know it too!... LMAO!!!..
Ned

Manito, IL

#11126 Aug 26, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you have a reading & comprehension problem.. Where is GOD??. all I see it timothy, leviticus , the Movie star, the professor & maryann.. None of this was written or spoken by GOD... fool! and ya know it too!... LMAO!!!..
If you really discounted *GOD'S* many commands against all homosexual acts, you wouldn't be here 24/7.

You know well enough that God isn't limited to 10 Commandments and you also know that your lifestyle choice violates a number of those Commandments. We've been through this.

No Christian rejects any part of the Bible, and the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual acts.

Hollywood, CA.

#11127 Aug 26, 2012
Ned wrote:
<quoted text>If you really discounted *GOD'S* many commands against all homosexual acts, you wouldn't be here 24/7.
You know well enough that God isn't limited to 10 Commandments and you also know that your lifestyle choice violates a number of those Commandments. We've been through this.
No Christian rejects any part of the Bible, and the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual acts.
you've been here for eons & still make false statements.
NO commandment "THOU SHALT NOT BE A HOMOSEXUAL"//
The bible is NOT God and you know it.. loser again!.. Whta lifestyle choice?. frugal?.... If your speaking of homosexuality, that is not a choice.. its a give,, you know that because you ARE A HOMOSEXUAL! HA!! and you think you can get rid of it by posting bible verses.... YOu cant take away being gay any more than you can being strait... Now go take a walk in the park you'll feel better.
dman

Aurora, CO

#11128 Aug 26, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is NOT from the real dman. The REAL dman is a GENIUS! This FAKER dman obviously isn't.
The REAL dman would've said several insightful and profound comments by now, but this FAKER is incapable of such lofty intellectual observations.
Please don't be fooled by this FAKER!
Robert
Keep the weak quotes going and keep your finger on the button of denial... P&S...
Huey

Carson, MS

#11129 Aug 26, 2012
THE OLD BORNGAY wrote:
<quoted text>
you've been here for eons & still make false statements.
NO commandment "THOU SHALT NOT BE A HOMOSEXUAL"//
The bible is NOT God and you know it.. loser again!.. Whta lifestyle choice?. frugal?.... If your speaking of homosexuality, that is not a choice.. its a give,, you know that because you ARE A HOMOSEXUAL! HA!! and you think you can get rid of it by posting bible verses.... YOu cant take away being gay any more than you can being strait... Now go take a walk in the park you'll feel better.
Today is Sunday, the Lord's day, did you begin your repentance today?
dman

Aurora, CO

#11130 Aug 26, 2012
Manmanman wrote:
This dman is a looser, full of hate. May the Lord forgive him.
May satan bless you as well LOSER....:)
dman

Aurora, CO

#11131 Aug 26, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another empty shell of a post by the FAKER dman!
Shame on you!
Robert
As well hal or franko.... keep up the different id's on here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Episcopal Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plaque honoring Robert E. Lee in Brooklyn to be... Wed Listen to the Word 1
News NC Episcopal bishop says clergy need to bring r... Wed Listen to the Word 1
News Britain's first same-sex marriage celebrated in... Aug 14 Phyllis Schlafly ... 19
Deacon ordination gift Aug 14 Question 1
News SC: Split Episcopal dioceses cana t take millio... Aug 10 Listen to the Word 1
My Girlfriend and I Aug 6 Christheyankee 1
News SC: Split Episcopal dioceses can't take million... Aug 2 Rev Don Wildmoan 1
More from around the web