Human sacrifice?
Druidess

Camberley, UK

#1 Sep 20, 2007
Did druids really sacrifice humans? If so did they consent? Or is this just a myth promoted by Romans to attack Celts? Where is the evidence?

“Truth. Elusive and a lie!”

Since: Aug 07

Fort Dix, NJ

#2 Oct 29, 2007
I have read things from many different sources. Some say that the celts of the past did indeed practice human sacrifice, while others say the mere idea is blasphemous. Being a beginner and not privy to many ancient texts, I have to form my own opinion, as many of us do.

They may have practiced human sacrifice of some sort. However, many religions have done this in one form or another. Caesar couldn't have cared less if they did or didn't. They were a hindrance to the his idea of a Roman Empire. As such, they were killed. It bears no weight in todays druid revival whether or not our ancestors practiced human sacrifice. It is not a part of today's religion and never will be.
Knight Templar

Toronto, Canada

#3 Nov 20, 2007
Were the Druids descendants of the ancient Phoenicians ??

The Phoenicians practiced such customs where-ever they settled and colonized.
Creationism Is Nonsense

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2007
Mez wrote:
Did druids really sacrifice humans? If so did they consent? Or is this just a myth promoted by Romans to attack Celts? Where is the evidence?
Yes, humans were drained of blood and all liquid matter, which was filtered into quart containers and sold at the local Meade Shoppe.
It was known as "Druid Fluid".
Druidess

Camberley, UK

#5 Dec 21, 2007
Creationism Is Nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, humans were drained of blood and all liquid matter, which was filtered into quart containers and sold at the local Meade Shoppe.
It was known as "Druid Fluid".

:)
Druidess

Camberley, UK

#6 Dec 21, 2007
Soulfire wrote:
I have read things from many different sources. Some say that the celts of the past did indeed practice human sacrifice, while others say the mere idea is blasphemous. Being a beginner and not privy to many ancient texts, I have to form my own opinion, as many of us do.
They may have practiced human sacrifice of some sort. However, many religions have done this in one form or another. Caesar couldn't have cared less if they did or didn't. They were a hindrance to the his idea of a Roman Empire. As such, they were killed. It bears no weight in todays druid revival whether or not our ancestors practiced human sacrifice. It is not a part of today's religion and never will be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Druid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof that Christianity stole from Paganism Apr '16 Famous Amos 1
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Garry Denke 1
News Druids in Stonehenge bones protest (Dec '13) Dec '13 alysb 2
The Christian Druid (Nov '09) Sep '13 ArchDruid Paul Ga... 17
27??? (Sep '13) Sep '13 lost 1
News Primrose Hill celebrated by Druids as ancient h... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jack Skellington 13
News Druids recognized as religion for first time in UK (Oct '10) Feb '12 joX 16
More from around the web