I turn and look away
to be exposed is not my way
but there's things to do today
...So I face the light this way
Phantom of the Internet

Olympia, WA

#2 Oct 21, 2009
Any name:"Are you a sinner? Chris..."
Christmas:"Do you ask that can I make my heart pure? If I choose not do I choose to dwell in the fires of hell or do I choose to dwell in the fire of someone elses will...?"
~wind~
...the demon of doubt constantly on my back, always second guessing, I would rather choose the other fire. I can't make my heart into something it isn't. Therefore, my heart is not pure, and by default, I am a sinner.
Heather

UK

#3 Nov 25, 2009
Nice poem, I like it. Do you often write poetry?=D
Christmas

Englewood, CO

#4 Nov 27, 2009
Thank you! I wrote about one hundred poems in 1998 under the name Edward Ion Benton. Then for about eleven years I couldn't crack out any poems and this seems to be the first in a new batch. This particular poem is a Sonnet.

It's nice to talk to you Heather. I've come across your writtings many times in the past two years but didn't know where to start.
Heather

UK

#5 Nov 27, 2009
That's okay. Haven't I spoken to you before on here under the name 'Edward Benton'?

Anyway, have you considered sending any into a competition or do you just write for pleasure? I sometimes write poetry, but am rarely inspired to write something really good.=)
Christmas

Englewood, CO

#6 Nov 29, 2009
Heather wrote:
That's okay. Haven't I spoken to you before on here under the name 'Edward Benton'?
Anyway, have you considered sending any into a competition or do you just write for pleasure? I sometimes write poetry, but am rarely inspired to write something really good.=)
I don't remember talking to you as Edward. I think I would because after that movie "Heathers" I remember all Heathers quite distinctively and consider it an honor to meet one.

I write poetry just for pleasure. Competitions require that you actually know something about poetry. Some of my best poetry didn't even ryme and structurally looked just like a paragraph.

(Ahh! Somebody's out there!):)

Would you believe at age 25 I was iliterate. At that time I forced myself to sit down in front of my computer and Spell Checked myself to literacy. I still have a hard time reading anything but technical books.

I'd like to see some of your poetry if you don't mind.
Christmas

Englewood, CO

#7 Nov 29, 2009
I'm sorry this poem is not a sonnet it is one line short of being a sonnet. See... I told you that you have to know something about poetry for competitions!

Now I remember why I didn't complete it with the 14th line. Hmmmm.

=)
Heather

UK

#8 Nov 29, 2009
Are you sure? I thought Italian sonnets did. Oh well, shows how much I've learnt after studying literature...=P
cindy

Toulouse, France

#9 Nov 29, 2009
very nice. I found this site www.cyska.com , nice poem
Christmas

Englewood, CO

#10 Nov 30, 2009
Heather wrote:
Are you sure? I thought Italian sonnets did. Oh well, shows how much I've learnt after studying literature...=P
I'm sure, 14 lines for a standard sonnet. I don't know anything about Italian sonnets.

Literature, good for you. I studied Engineering and became an inventor.
Christmas

Englewood, CO

#11 Nov 30, 2009
cindy wrote:
very nice. I found this site www.cyska.com , nice poem
Thanks cindy! I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new to topix?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Druid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Dec '16 Lucifer 9
Proof that Christianity stole from Paganism (Apr '16) Apr '16 Famous Amos 1
News Druids in Stonehenge bones protest (Dec '13) Dec '13 alysb 2
The Christian Druid (Nov '09) Sep '13 ArchDruid Paul Ga... 17
27??? (Sep '13) Sep '13 lost 1
News Primrose Hill celebrated by Druids as ancient h... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jack Skellington 13
News Druids recognized as religion for first time in UK (Oct '10) Feb '12 joX 16
More from around the web