Halloween & Christians

Halloween & Christians

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Indymedia story from Oct 29, 2010, titled Halloween & Christians. In it, Chicago Indymedia reports that:

It seems with greater frequency we hear or read about someone filing a law suit and demanding that prayer or the Ten Commandments or anything about God be removed from our schools and communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Indymedia.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 29, 2010
And we're facing a political movement who demonizes Pagans, Gays, and Atheists in order to rally people to accept their theocracy.

We have numbnods who interpret the US Constitution the same way they do their bibles --- selectively, and without proper education.

We have people screaming "foul" because Americans want to maintain a Democracy where everyone has the right to worship, or not, freely.

I don't want to see a bible, or ten commandments in a public place. Let them keep it in their churches and let their judgments begin in their own houses. That's what their book calls for anyway.

Why do they insist on disobeying their own tenets in the first place?

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#2 Oct 29, 2010
That's 5 minutes I won't ever be able to get back. What a waste of time.

Since: Nov 10

Fort Scott, KS

#3 Nov 24, 2010
I believe very strongly in the separation of church and state. However, we live in a country where around 82% of the population identifies as Christian. I agree with you when you say that people interpret the Constitution selectively, and also when you do not want to see religious paraphanelia in certain areas. However, I think that the only place religious things should not be allowed are in government establishments, including those who receive government funding, such as public schools (not private,) hospitals such as VA and military hospitals, and so forth. Private hospitals, private schools, and so forth are exempt because they do not receive funding from the government.

I don't think that we will see the 10 Commandments gone from govt buildings, or the Bible gone from the courtroom. Like it or not, many many people in this nation are Christian. Because of this, I think that the religious icons will remain for a long time (unfortunately.)

#4 Dec 4, 2010
It took you five minutes to read that?:$

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Druid Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof that Christianity stole from Paganism (Apr '16) Apr '16 Famous Amos 1
News New theory on Stonehenge describes it as 'an an... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Garry Denke 1
News Druids in Stonehenge bones protest (Dec '13) Dec '13 alysb 2
The Christian Druid (Nov '09) Sep '13 ArchDruid Paul Ga... 17
27??? (Sep '13) Sep '13 lost 1
News Primrose Hill celebrated by Druids as ancient h... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Jack Skellington 13
News Druids recognized as religion for first time in UK (Oct '10) Feb '12 joX 16
More from around the web