rac

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 May 16, 2011
I was a member of the Nazarene Church for 33 years. The demonination is responsible for introducing me to my best friend, Jesus and I am inmeasureably grateful. The congregation "loved me in". I moved to a different city and joined a Nazarene church there. Lately it is alarming in that the board members and pastor seem to demand unquestionable loyalty to the pastor and requires some to sign a paper to be loyal to the pastor !!! The pastor often degrades and humiliates the attendies in front of the entire congregation if that person is judged "sinful". When I was not saved it was love that caused me to repent and not harsh treatment. Do not ask questions just follow blindly and there will be no problem for you. If one tries to get help with a problem he may very well be verbally attacked. It is a plastic church, just smile and say everything is OK, even when it isn't.

Since: Sep 11

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2011
That is certainly unacceptable behavior and the district should really consider another choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Church of the Nazarene Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Wrong with the Nazarene Church (Feb '08) Feb '15 GeneBinns 106
Stupid Institution of the Nazarene (Sep '14) Nov '14 anon 3
Why Religion? (Apr '07) Sep '14 Reed 7
The Institution of the Nazarene is not Christain (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reed 1
I have a low regard for the Nazarene Cult (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reed 1
The Church Business (Sep '14) Sep '14 Reed 1
I do not deserve (Aug '08) Mar '14 The Word of Wisdom 4
More from around the web