Religion Can Only Survive On Ignorance

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#1 Mar 21, 2014
Information is the achilles heel of faith and unless they control everything a person watches or plays or reads or learns, nobody’s ever gonna buy into their bullshit. They won’t be able to shut the critical parts of their brain down in those critical moments. They have to fight against everything because it takes a lot of work to make people continue to believe in demonic snakes and octa-centurion ark builders.

“Yes we can. Change is good.”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 21, 2014
Ignorance is the basis of bigotry and hatred.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#3 Mar 21, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
Hence, what religion pushes.
Nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4 Mar 21, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
Yes it is. The inability to see through the eyes of an anthropologist leads to misunderstandings, stereotyping and intolerance. Seek to understand rather than to be understood.
Punisher

Massapequa, NY

#5 Mar 21, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
Which is usually the default position for many Fundy American Xtians. Ignorant that they willfully court ignorance. Rebelling against what they don't understand is an automatic default position.
FSM

Melbourne, Australia

#6 Mar 21, 2014
SeenDemons wrote:
LMAO. It's too easy to hit a home run on that one. I'm far too kind.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#7 Mar 21, 2014
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>Which is usually the default position for many Fundy American Xtians. Ignorant that they willfully court ignorance. Rebelling against what they don't understand is an automatic default position.
One I just love to nail their arses on is Noah fathering two sons when he was over 500 years old and living to 950. That's bullshit I don't care what they believe.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#8 Mar 21, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
One I just love to nail their arses on is Noah fathering two sons when he was over 500 years old and living to 950. That's bullshit I don't care what they believe.
Were you there? Lookin' pretty stupid now, huh?
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#9 Mar 21, 2014
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there? Lookin' pretty stupid now, huh?
I believe the other "stupid" people:

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding”—Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human fraility. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.
~Dr. Albert Einstein~

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10 Mar 21, 2014
Campbell wrote:
Information is the achilles heel of faith and unless they control everything a person watches or plays or reads or learns, nobody’s ever gonna buy into their bullshit. They won’t be able to shut the critical parts of their brain down in those critical moments. They have to fight against everything because it takes a lot of work to make people continue to believe in demonic snakes and octa-centurion ark builders.
You're in the Christian Forum. Are you as STUPID as your posts?

Location hidden

#11 Mar 21, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence, what religion pushes.
Jesus said you're a DAMNED FOOL and will burn in Hell FOREVER. You lose.

Location hidden

#12 Mar 21, 2014
Campbell wrote:
That's bullshit
Try reading your posts.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

#13 Mar 22, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus said you're a DAMNED FOOL and will burn in Hell FOREVER. You lose.
Nah. He and I talked the other day and He said you fundies better get used to heat.

Btw, god, why haven't you talked to your son?

Location hidden

#14 Mar 22, 2014
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. He and I talked the other day and He said you fundies better get used to heat.
Btw, god, why haven't you talked to your son?
The Devil must be very desperate to send DAMNED FOOLS like you to call God a liar.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#15 Mar 22, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>The Devil must be very desperate to send DAMNED FOOLS like you to call God a liar.
If you believe in a devil...do you also believe in witchcraft? You innocent Christians murdered more than 100,000 innocent young women simply because somebody accused them of being a witch. You didn't just murder them you tortured them before you set them a fire.
How gentle and caring you were. How gentle and caring you are.

Just curious.....how do you get around the parts which tell you to turn the other cheek, love your enemies and to pray for those who curse and despise you? How's that working for you?

Just a side note.....it also says faith without works is dead. Did you happen to read that part?

Location hidden

#16 Mar 22, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in a devil...do you also believe in witchcraft? You innocent Christians murdered more than 100,000 innocent young women simply because somebody accused them of being a witch. You didn't just murder them you tortured them before you set them a fire.
How gentle and caring you were. How gentle and caring you are.
Just curious.....how do you get around the parts which tell you to turn the other cheek, love your enemies and to pray for those who curse and despise you? How's that working for you?
Just a side note.....it also says faith without works is dead. Did you happen to read that part?
Ezekiel 33:8 (NKJV)
8 When I say to the wicked,'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

You are without excuse. You have a date with eternity.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#17 Mar 22, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>Ezekiel 33:8 (NKJV)
8 When I say to the wicked,'O wicked man, you shall surely die!' and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
You are without excuse. You have a date with eternity.
I kinda figured ahead of you on that one.....Christians always do just the opposite of what they're instructed to do:

A little review for you:

Walk the extra mile
Turn the other cheek
Do unto others
If sued in court for coat, voluntarily give cloak
Love your neighbors
Love your enemies
Pray for those who curse and despise you
Be ye therefore perfect, even as the father is perfect

James 2
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 22, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda figured ahead of you on that one.....Christians always do just the opposite of what they're instructed to do:
But you're a liar. So, no matter.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#19 Mar 22, 2014
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>But you're a liar. So, no matter.
A little review for you:

Walk the extra mile
Turn the other cheek
Do unto others
Love your neighbors
Love your enemies

James 2
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them,“Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 22, 2014
Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
A little review for you:
Walk the extra mile
Turn the other cheek
Do unto others
Love your neighbors
Love your enemies
James 2
And I believe every bit of it. What's your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evidence Against God 10 min Gary Coaldigger 916
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 15 min Sheilaa 4,188
Test For The Existance Of God 21 min Passing thru 69
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible (Jul '15) 28 min janeebee 2,199
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking 29 min Passing thru 5,852
Nutter alert - headteacher claims Evolution is ... 36 min Passing thru 142
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security 42 min Passing thru 3,225
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 17,937
More from around the web