First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The free grace of God”

Since: Aug 07

Phoenix, Arizona.

#22 Feb 24, 2013
"Satan presides over Hell"

That ain't found anywhere in the Scriptures.

Fact is: Satan will be too busy himself being
punished in Hell to worry about administrating
the punishment of humans there !

But, as Luther said: "The Devil is God's devil".

Satan has to get the Lord's permission to do
anything (Job 1:12ff). The Devil unwittingly
serves the Supreme Being's plan.

Hell is first a place of punishment for Satan and
the other reprobate angels.

Only secondarily it is for reprobate humans.

Bro. Rat

“The free grace of God”

Since: Aug 07

Phoenix, Arizona.

#23 Feb 24, 2013
"How can God be 'all-good' if
he employs a monster such as Satan ?"

What Satan means for evil, the Lord uses for good.

The Old Testament mostly teaches by example. And we
see an example of this principle in Genesis 50:20.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

The Tulip Rodent
Lordofnuts

United States

#24 Feb 25, 2013
Cliff09 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your time to read the New Agreement between God and Men: the New Testament and you will see that none of those things is promoted. The harsh, vengeful God
has put all that aside.
Do you complain when a judge sentences a villain to death by execution? Good chance you don't. Well, God sentences those who refuse to accept christ to everlasting
death. But yeah, if you don't believe the gospel, what's the big deal on that one.
slavery, rape, pillage, gay bashing, murder and suppression of women, are all banished in the book: save if you can give me a cut of proof where Jesus preaches this: for it
is in him we must believe.
HERE YOU START WITH THE BOOK OF MATTHEW, WHERE JESUS STARTS TO SPEAK.
You're missing the point. It's not about whether I think the new testament is a good guide to live by. It has plenty of problems also. The men that created Christianity claimed Jesus was the same god as the Torah. They high-jacked Judaism (which was polytheistic mythology from day one), force fit a Messiah that didn't fulfil prophecy and made a huge mess. They would have been much better off just creating a completely new religion. When you expose the Torah as a fraud, Christianity and Islam are automatically a fraud also!

"Do you complain when a judge sentences a villain to death by execution? No but these didn't come from a Creator of life. Where these babies and children evil? Is this the Christian God? Jesus is God to some! Christians are against abortion but Yahweh was pro abortion and loved to kill innocent children.

"They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

"Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have,and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." (1 Samuel 15:3)

God repays your enemies by destroying their babies.
"Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us. He who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks." (Psalms 137:8-9)

2 Kings 2:23-24 The classic story of God sending 2 bears to rip apart 42 boys for making fun of a guys bald head.

The new testament has plenty of problems and Jesus (real or not) said he didn't come to abolish the old testament. I was a real Christian by the definition I had at the time. You say you're a real Christian but Joe is not! Joe says we both were never real Christians but he is. Me being a REAL former Christian I now know there is no such thing as a real Christian! The idol named Jesus Christ by the men that created Christianity wasn't even a Christian. Each person is a real Christian after you build a relationship with him in your mind. The followers of other religions build a relationship with their deity just like you! If we were standing face to face I could prove you're not a real Christian based on the mythical idol Jesus Christ!
Lordofnuts

United States

#25 Feb 25, 2013
qaxyax wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=R_3d8Oteeq w ……
Reason is excuse
Your video is spam and has nothing to do with religion. It looks like you're trying to be funny but I can't even understand what you're saying. If you're going to take the time to make a video, why not make it extremely funny like this one. This is very funny, it's about the Bible, it's 100% true and accurate! A video like this will get a ton of hits because people will link it to Facebook and send it in email.

Now go make a funny video about the Bible or religion then come back and post it. It doesn't even have to be professional like this one to be funny because the bible stories are naturally funny!

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

This video borrowed from one of the funniest posters on Topix! LOL
Lordofnuts

United States

#26 Feb 25, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>well i have read parts of the bible in church just not the whole thing. I dont have time to read the whole thing. I dont want to argue about anyting I just came looking for info about prayer. I didnt really find very much so you guys have fun.
Okay but that is the reason religious mythology continues from one generation to the next. The average Christian will not read the whole Bible and study the origins of religious mythology.

You are in luck, because as a former Christian I'm an expert on prayer. Just watch this short video. It is very professional, 100% bible based and not funny or disrespectful. There is not one Christian here that can say it's not accurate. In fact some Christians might actually be able to understand prayer after watching! I think it will answer most questions, if not just ask. The guy that made it is a genius :)

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Lordofnuts

United States

#27 Feb 25, 2013
The DataRat wrote:
Bro. Rat
Bro. Rat, I don't know how you sleep at night, spreading this bronze age mind virus to innocent people. Have you read the Bible? Your mythical Bible god is an incompetent screw up! Do you know why your gods arch Nemesis was a serpent in the garden of your fairy tale, I do? Your Bible god did punish Satan right in the front of your ridiculous book. Did you forget snakes use to have legs? LOL... God took his legs and cursed him to crawl and eat dust for eternity (this means forever). Guess what since men wrote the Bible they forgot this little fact.

Now I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're at least of average intelligence. If I walked up to you and said hey I've got a great deal for you! You: Great, what is it? I'm willing to give you your own car if you will do the maintenance on mine for the rest of your life! You: Are you delusional, you [email protected], I already own my car! Get the Fk out of here!

Now I assume that is how the conversation would go correct? If so you're way smarter than your stupid @ss Bible god. See in Mathew Satan takes Jesus to the top of the highest mountain so they can see the whole world (yes your god thought the earth was flat & could see the whole world) and offered to give it to Jesus! Yes that's right he made the same offer I did above to the Creator of the [email protected] universe!

Continue next post
Lordofnuts

United States

#28 Feb 25, 2013
Continued:
Satan also took Jesus to the Pinnacle of the temple in the holy city! So Bible god cursed Satan and the only thing he could do was slither and eat dust but then he comes back later in your fairy tail to over power the Creator of the universe! Did Jesus fly up to the pinnacle on the back of a talking dust eating snake? This reminds me of how the retards that claimed to be inspired said Jesus rode in on 2 donkeys at the same time! Why? Because he wasn't inspired and was trying to read the Torah and fulfil prophecy from a language he didn't fully understand!

Now you guys believe that my good works mean nothing and I'm going to burn in your mythical hell because I don't believe this ridiculous man made fairy tale. If there is a Creator of the universe he is more likely to burn your @ss for continuing to spread this mythology because you're afraid to die!

I realize it was state mandated and if you didn't believe you were killed. I realize for the first 1500 years the church wouldn't let anyone read the bible. I realize people are brainwashed from childhood but guess what, I was able to see past childhood programming and there are no more excuses. If you still believe this mythology and you've studied it, you're delusional. The 90% plus that have never read the whole Bible and studied the origins of religion, there is hope for you! I could fill this board with eye opening examples like this but I just don't have time. Why don't you guys open up your Bibles and read with rational logical thought and the common sense that "God" gave you?
Lordofnuts

United States

#29 Feb 25, 2013
The DataRat wrote:
"How can God be 'all-good' if
he employs a monster such as Satan ?"
What Satan means for evil, the Lord uses for good.
The Old Testament mostly teaches by example. And we
see an example of this principle in Genesis 50:20.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
The Tulip Rodent
Well good old Gen 50:20 by itself is so inspirational but anyone who has read the whole bible know its part of a terrible story. Lucky 7's, famine, selling your family members into slavery based on the laws handed down by Bible god! Good stuff!
Hope

Lebanon, TN

#30 Feb 27, 2013
Lordofnuts wrote:
<quoted text>Okay but that is the reason religious mythology continues from one generation to the next. The average Christian will not read the whole Bible and study the origins of religious mythology.
You are in luck, because as a former Christian I'm an expert on prayer. Just watch this short video. It is very professional, 100% bible based and not funny or disrespectful. There is not one Christian here that can say it's not accurate. In fact some Christians might actually be able to understand prayer after watching! I think it will answer most questions, if not just ask. The guy that made it is a genius :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jk6ILZAaAMIXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
your funny you keep saying mythology but that was only greek. I will read the bible one day but it wont have all this garbage in it.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#31 Feb 27, 2013
no hell wrote:
The bible makes no mention of a place called hell.
Furthermore it says that satan is the "god of this world", delegated to him by God.
He offered it to jesus, that is because he owns it.
What Bible, pray tell, might you be referring to??

"hell" occurs 54 times in 54 verses in the KJV.

Using the NT, and Matthew, the words of Christ as an example.

Strong's G1067 - geenna

Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.

Strong's G86 - had&#275;s

name Hades or Pluto, the god of the lower regions

2) Orcus, the nether world, the realm of the dead

3) later use of this word: the grave, death, hell

In Biblical Greek it is associated with Orcus, the infernal regions, a dark and dismal place in the very depths of the earth, the common receptacle of disembodied spirits. Usually Hades is just the abode of the wicked, Luk 16:23, Rev 20:13, 14; a very uncomfortable place.

Matt. 23:

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Damnation of hell - This refers, beyond all question, to future punishment. So great was their wickedness and hypocrisy, that, if they persevered in this course, it was impossible to escape the damnation that should come on the guilty. This is the sternest language that Jesus ever used to wicked people. But it by no means authorizes ministers to use such language to sinners now. Christ knew that this was true of them. He had an authority which none now have. It is not the province of ministers to denounce judgment, or to use severe names, least of all to do it on pretence of imitating Christ. He knew the hearts of people. We know them not. He had authority to declare certainly that those whom he addressed would be lost. We have no such authority. He addressed persons; we address characters.~Barnes' Notes

Furthermore:

Rev. 20:

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Frank from Fayetteville

Four Oaks, NC

#32 Feb 27, 2013
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
What Bible, pray tell, might you be referring to??
"hell" occurs 54 times in 54 verses in the KJV.
Using the NT, and Matthew, the words of Christ as an example.
Strong's G1067 - geenna
Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.
That's correct, it was a place where people burned stuff, a good description of what will occur in the end, when we gather you all up and burn you to death.

peace
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#33 Feb 27, 2013
Satan At The Wailing Wall
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#34 Mar 2, 2013
Satan's little helper: Barack Hussein Obama!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#37 Mar 22, 2013
Cliff09 wrote:
<quoted text>
The essence of the quote 'GOD IS GOOD' is this:
a) One humbles his person like a child and accepts the Gospel of Jesus and accepts that he is a sinner. Then he accepts that God is good, and only good, regardless
to what the worldly few of his actions are. Understood? Thus whatever God does is Good!
b) Satan is a fallen Angel, as we know. But I can't recall if this is in the NT or the OT. Satan can't be mightier than God and he can't undo God's work. Rather foolish to asume this actually.
c) God uses evil persons to bring good, sometimes. He is also using the enimies of his lukewarm followers/abusers to teach them a lesson. A good example is on the way when the muslims are put upon the socalled christians to slaughter them by the millions during WW3.
to argue whether God be good or bad makes no sense: because you can't get at him, can you?
a) So, if everything God does is good, then drowning untold numbers of infants and pregnant women (a la the Great Flood) is good. Disregard the motive and look purely at the action: if everything God does is good, and God slaughters babies and pregnant women, then slaughtering babies and pregnant women is a GOOD deed.

That alone is enough to discredit your assertion, but let's continue.

b) If Satan is indeed a fallen angel, then you have to ask how a God that can only do good things created an angel with a flaw. Or perhaps Heaven was flawed, which is why Satan rebelled. Either Satan was created with a flaw (which renders God capable of making mistakes, which negates the existence of a perfect God), or Satan was influenced by someone or something and turned against God. That means that there was a flaw in Heaven, and again if God makes mistakes then he cannot be perfect.

And thus he can't be God. Which means your God is nonexistent.

c) World War 3? Really? So now you're a psychic - LMAO! I see you didn't use the example of Christians killing Muslims, which far outnumber the Christians killed by Muslims throughout history.

If God uses evil persons to do good, then that means that when Satan influences someone to do evil it ultimately turns out good. So Satan is a force for good!

Sorry, Cliff, but your arguments are specious and your thinking is convoluted. No wonder you're a Christian!

Location hidden

#38 Mar 22, 2013
The DataRat wrote:
Bro. Rat
Lots of things aren't found in the Scriptures. For instance, neither the word "Trinity" nor the concept of the triune God is found in Scripture.

But to your point, if Satan serves God's plan then Satan's existence was all part of God's plan from the start, which means God created Satan purposely.

That alone negates the idea that God is all-good and only capable of doing good.

Which basically negates the Christian, Jewish, and Muslim faiths!

Location hidden

#39 Mar 22, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think satan could be god and god be satan?
Considering that the earliest creator deities were said to have both good and evil qualities, yes I do.

Before the Jewish faith emerged the chief deities were dualistic, capable of performing miracles and in the next instant wreaking havoc.

And there is quite a bit of evidence that the first Jewish deity was dualistic as well. We get glimpses of that in parts of the Old Testament.

As time went on and the Jewish faith evolved, God was ascribed only positive attributes, and a second deity (Satan) was created to explain where all the evil in the world came from.

The larger point is that all gods are created by Man, not the other way around.
liveevil

Fairfield, CA

#40 Jul 8, 2013
All you guys are full of shit. thers no such thing as god from the religion, or satan. Thers only one creator that makes all happen , you people are the ones that do bad and good to yourselfs!!! religion was made up to limit yourselfs from descovering your true self and true powers we all have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 3 min Bible believer 12
Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried... 5 min Bible believer 16
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 2 hr PhillGeorge 385
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 2 hr PhillGeorge 27
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 3 hr PhillGeorge 2,547
Early Christianity 3 hr PhillGeorge 1,552
The Deception of the Teaching of the Trinity 3 hr PhillGeorge 110
More from around the web