Was Christ a Liberal?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#89 Aug 27, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>But, that's what Democrats do best - create more poor, then keep them in their place.
Your examples? Because MY example is the republican controlled the CONGRESS which passes the bills and makes the funding for the budget from 1994 - 2006...and the economy CRASHED...and unemployment went soaring..

NOW and since 2006, they REFUSE to get any jobs bills out there to stimulate the economy, REFUSE to raise minimum wage and REFUSE to tax corporations higher who take American jobs overseas.

Your examples?
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#90 Aug 27, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your examples? Because MY example is the republican controlled the CONGRESS which passes the bills and makes the funding for the budget from 1994 - 2006...and the economy CRASHED...and unemployment went soaring..
NOW and since 2006, they REFUSE to get any jobs bills out there to stimulate the economy, REFUSE to raise minimum wage and REFUSE to tax corporations higher who take American jobs overseas.
Your examples?
Ronald Reagan gave the perfect example of how to create jobs. Barack Obama is the perfect example of how to destroy them. No need to go into specifics with you. You are a child of the coming Antichrist and will gladly receive his mark.
There is still time for you to repent and call upon Jesus Christ for salvation:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Location hidden

#91 Aug 27, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagan gave the perfect example of how to create jobs. Barack Obama is the perfect example of how to destroy them. No need to go into specifics with you. You are a child of the coming Antichrist and will gladly receive his mark.
Reagan's unemployment rate was 10.7%. Hardly an example. Reagan began the monopolies, closing businesses all over the US with hostile take overs and turning Wall Street into vultures.

Sorry, buy I have little to no respect for people who have NO idea what their party has done.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#92 Aug 27, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan's unemployment rate was 10.7%. Hardly an example. Reagan began the monopolies, closing businesses all over the US with hostile take overs and turning Wall Street into vultures.
Sorry, buy I have little to no respect for people who have NO idea what their party has done.
His unemployment rate? No, that was Jimmy Carter's. Carter screwed up the economy worse than Obama. The economy was singing by the time Reagan left office. You are completely delusional.

Location hidden

#93 Aug 27, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>His unemployment rate? No, that was Jimmy Carter's. Carter screwed up the economy worse than Obama. The economy was singing by the time Reagan left office. You are completely delusional.
Nope, I am completely informed

Your inability to be so makes you someone who should be ashamed of your ignorance...Americans are people who keep tabs on your government, not unleash their racism.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#94 Aug 29, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I am completely informed
Your inability to be so makes you someone who should be ashamed of your ignorance...Americans are people who keep tabs on your government, not unleash their racism.
Have no fear. The "Utopia" you and your disallusioned kind seek, will soon be here.
"We are the world. We are the children..."

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#95 Aug 29, 2013
"No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer." 2 Timothy 2:4.

So, with Christ as our commanding officer, should we be arguing about politics? How does that further the kingdom of God?
Thinking

Bridgetown, Barbados

#96 Aug 29, 2013
I didn't vote for him.
scambuster wrote:
So, with Christ as our commanding officer...

Location hidden

#98 Aug 30, 2013
The Stairway To Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
"create more poor"? You must believe Democrats are God if they have the power of creation. The poor are not created. The rich are. If the rich loved their neighbors as themselves they would no longer be rich and their neighbors would no longer be poor. It never was, and it never will be. We will always remain divided ...
Well said...look, we agreed on something..and if the rich were Christian, and took care of the least of these, we'd have no poor, either.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#99 Aug 30, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Too much gridlock
created most by the GOP.
They are currently the party of gridlock, serving a dogmatic ideology, in order to serve a narrow base, Evangelical Xtians and Teabaggers.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#100 Aug 30, 2013
scambuster wrote:
"No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer." 2 Timothy 2:4.
So, with Christ as our commanding officer, should we be arguing about politics? How does that further the kingdom of God?
So ignoring what effects each of us is a bad thing?

BTW, Jesus is YOUR commander, not mine! I do not belong to your silly army!

Funny that allegedly peaceful Xtians continue to rely on military and war analogies and metaphors. Correction - its very sad...
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#101 Aug 30, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>His unemployment rate? No, that was Jimmy Carter's. Carter screwed up the economy worse than Obama. The economy was singing by the time Reagan left office. You are completely delusional.
The facts are in on that history, and it was mostly a false HIGH, created by loosening the regulations on the Markets and their major players...which flowed forward into the Clinton years, who only helped or did nothing to stop the loosening, thru the Bush years where the wheels were already coming off the wagons...and did. All at the same time.

Because a lot of people made a lot of money and in many cases obscene amounts for not really doing anything valuable for the domestic situations, does not mean it was a good thing for the majority of people - as the facts now show. A select and very narrow segment of people now control more wealth than the rest of the population combined. Wealth disparity GREW thru the Reagan years, due to his efforts, and his negative impact on collective bargaining - which is still having impact now!

Your Ronny Ray-gun and the GOP since helped undo most of the hard work and gains that the middle classes fought hard to gain after the Depression and the boom years post-WW2. Be it employee rights, or Banking Regulations.

The facts are in and those Boom years were always on thin ice...and also helped create a DEBT addicted society.
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#102 Aug 30, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>But, that's what Democrats do best - create more poor, then keep them in their place.
Show proof. And dont regurgitate GOP propaganda...
Punisher

Bronxville, NY

#103 Aug 30, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Ronald Reagan gave the perfect example of how to create jobs. Barack Obama is the perfect example of how to destroy them. No need to go into specifics with you. You are a child of the coming Antichrist and will gladly receive his mark.
What a jerk. Mixing politics and faith. What a sleazy and illogical means to debate, which shows you have nothing but lies and propaganda. You cant even debate like an adult...

And what is that Reagan job creation example...Union busting?

Location hidden

#105 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
It doesn't take a Christian to believe that, only those with a heart. I was headed to wealth early in my life, but I divided it among those that may not have deserved it but certainly required it. There lies the problem. Most wealthy do not believe most poor "Deserve" aid because they are generally egotistical hypocrites that give in public to look compassionate. And what does the Bible say of that?
Matthew 6:3-4
But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.
Exactly..and what's even sadder, is that under Republican rule of Congress since 1994, most of the tax dollars which used to help the poor are going to the rich...oil subsidies, corporate farm subsidies,$350BN to the banks which Bush did not require them to pay back....it's a clear choice in voting as a Christian...democratic party helps the poor. Republican party helps the rich and themselves.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#106 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
"create more poor"? You must believe Democrats are God if they have the power of creation. The poor are not created. The rich are. If the rich loved their neighbors as themselves they would no longer be rich and their neighbors would no longer be poor. It never was, and it never will be. We will always remain divided ...
That is why Jesus told us the poor will be with us always. It is between the rich man and God what he does with his money. Wealth redistribution is theft. How much money will it take, and what will be the level we must reach to completely eradicate poverty? Is not having a TV, cellphone or computer considered poor?
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#107 Sep 1, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
What a jerk. Mixing politics and faith. What a sleazy and illogical means to debate, which shows you have nothing but lies and propaganda. You cant even debate like an adult...
And what is that Reagan job creation example...Union busting?
Ah, the Unions. Dictating terms and conditions. Like, the ones at fast food restaurants demanding $15/hr. Or, city councils setting minimum wages at $12/hr. All that does is create higher prices and more unemployment.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#108 Sep 1, 2013
Punisher wrote:
<quoted text>
Show proof. And dont regurgitate GOP propaganda...
The economy under Barack Obama is all the proof anyone needs. He does not care about you or any of the "little people." As the book title by one author states, he is the "Great Destroyer."
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#109 Sep 1, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your examples?
What do you not understand? Cutting the corporate tax rates is what got the economy out of the dump under Reagan.

Location hidden

#110 Sep 2, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you not understand? Cutting the corporate tax rates is what got the economy out of the dump under Reagan.
Show me proof of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 1 hr Atheistgirl 297
Why do you really believe in a god? 1 hr Atheistgirl 733
Evidence Against God (Jan '16) 1 hr Atheistgirl 4,428
Jesus admitted he isn't God, so why do Christia... (Oct '11) 1 hr Atheistgirl 69
Why not censure the TRUTH movement? 1 hr Atheistgirl 11
If the Bible is True Barnsweb is a ... 2 hr Atheistgirl 106
Jesus did not claim to be God 2 hr Atheistgirl 327
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 hr Atheistgirl 1,910
Do you believe in tolerance for Gay Christians? 2 hr Demon Finder 360
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 8 hr ROG 9,334
More from around the web