One good point that should make me be...

One good point that should make me believe in god

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Huh

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2013
I have had my ears open but have failed to have one person make a rational point that would make me or anyone else believe. Most people that believe r not idiots but how can u believe in a virgin getting pregnant or a man building a arch that could hold a whole echo system. Truly I want a good answer. Because science is blowing the god theory out of the water. Hands down. So y waste time worshiping a god that's not real. Being alive is the closest thing to heaven we will come to.

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 2, 2013
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Romans 11:8 According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Huh

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2013
Makes no sense. Do u believe that ur daughter or anyone else that would say that they are a pregant virgin. I highly doubt it. But some how u believe this and from people that didnt have any education and beloved in far fietched stories. Again I'm still waiting for a good reason to believe.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#4 Nov 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
Makes no sense. Do u believe that ur daughter or anyone else that would say that they are a pregant virgin. I highly doubt it. But some how u believe this and from people that didnt have any education and beloved in far fietched stories. Again I'm still waiting for a good reason to believe.
Worst case: It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter and loaded with age appropriate chicks with big boobs who never tire of doting on me.

Best case: Eternal salvation.

Win-Win if you ask me.

“God is Love”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
Makes no sense. Do u believe that ur daughter or anyone else that would say that they are a pregant virgin. I highly doubt it. But some how u believe this and from people that didnt have any education and beloved in far fietched stories. Again I'm still waiting for a good reason to believe.
Only God can cause you to believe. If he didn't choose you, you will never believe.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#6 Nov 2, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Only God can cause you to believe. If he didn't choose you, you will never believe.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
So what you're saying is that your God knows exactly who and who will not be destined for heaven before they are born?

That's absurd. Well it's all absurd, that's just more so.

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 2, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst case: It's air conditioned in summer, heated in winter and loaded with age appropriate chicks with big boobs who never tire of doting on me.
Best case: Eternal salvation.
Win-Win if you ask me.
LOL!!!!

BEST answer EVER!!!!!

I'm going with the intelligent men who have a brain, myself. ;)
TRYING

Morgantown, WV

#8 Nov 2, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Romans 11:8 According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE! The God of this world that blinds the eyes of man, IS LUCIFER! JEHOVAH, OUR FATHER GOD hasn't came yet.
Huh

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Only God can cause you to believe. If he didn't choose you, you will never believe.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
So if I kill someone that is god that made that happen. If it was his plan I shouldn't have to go to jail. And y give people life if they have the course of there life planned. It sounds like we r a checker game to this so called god and who wants to worship that. If u have to worship them that means u r a slave to them. You have to do their bidding and if not u r turned to eternal damnation. Don't quote something give me something real. That jiberish that is in that book makes no sense to me or u. Just admit it. What a joke.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#10 Nov 2, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!
BEST answer EVER!!!!!
I'm going with the intelligent men who have a brain, myself. ;)
Amen! Love 15th's responses.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#11 Nov 2, 2013
Huh wrote:
Makes no sense. Do u believe that ur daughter or anyone else that would say that they are a pregant virgin. I highly doubt it. But some how u believe this and from people that didnt have any education and beloved in far fietched stories. Again I'm still waiting for a good reason to believe.
Yeah! A virgin impregnated by a ghost. I think I'll call it "A Vaginal Haunting".
Punisher

Eastchester, NY

#12 Nov 3, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Only God can cause you to believe. If he didn't choose you, you will never believe.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
So its a stacked deck? Salvation is randomly generated. So free-will does not exist. And no matter what anyone does its a cr/p-shoot.???

You realize that most of Xtian doctrine contradicts itself? We are supposed to choose this God, yet he has already chosen the winners. And he will punish the losers for what he has chosen.

But let me guess, you have the list of the chosen, and YOU are on it!?!? Right? Xtians like you are always on the list, no matter that you have NO proof of it - just self-proclaimed salvation.

LOL! Xtians like you make me laugh...you couldn't reason your way out of lighted hall with an Exit sign at one end.
Punisher

Eastchester, NY

#13 Nov 3, 2013
Yo, Midlo Res - Your God chooses the winners and loser beforehand (the old Doctrine of Election)- and will punish the losers for no other reason than not making the team roster. That they couldn't even try out for...and even if they did try, they are still losers and damned.

Think about that for more'n a few seconds and come back in a few months and tell us you think that's compassionate, loving...and a fair system.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#14 Nov 3, 2013
28 yr Midlo Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Only God can cause you to believe. If he didn't choose you, you will never believe.
John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Kinda throws Freewill out the window don't it.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#15 Nov 3, 2013
Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word about Christ.

Its only the BLOOD of Christ, that can wash our consciences free from sin.

Some people have done some pretty bad things and guilt robs them of peace...

and it is only the deep cleansing of the blood of a spotless lamb..that can make peace with the individual and God again.
little lamb

South Yarra, Australia

#16 Nov 3, 2013
God tells us in his word ' that it is sin that separates us from our God.'

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#17 Nov 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word about Christ.
Its only the BLOOD of Christ, that can wash our consciences free from sin.
Some people have done some pretty bad things and guilt robs them of peace...
and it is only the deep cleansing of the blood of a spotless lamb..that can make peace with the individual and God again.
Lucky for you you did not hear and hear the Koran at an early age.

Sceptical_Mal

“Born again atheist”

Since: Jun 12

Melbourne

#18 Nov 4, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Faith comes from hearing and hearing the word about Christ.
Its only the BLOOD of Christ, that can wash our consciences free from sin.
Some people have done some pretty bad things and guilt robs them of peace.../QUOTE]

If some people have done some pretty bad things and feel guilty for it I'm fine with that, let them live with that guilt until the day they die, by pretty bad things I am assuming you mean you mean heinous crimes and the like not petty misdemeanors.

[QUOTE who="little lamb"]and it is only the deep cleansing of the blood of a spotless lamb..that can make peace with the individual and God again.
Assuming my above assumption is true why would anyone care if they made peace with God or not?
True Evidence

AOL

#19 Nov 8, 2013
Huh wrote:
I have had my ears open but have failed to have one person make a rational point that would make me or anyone else believe. Most people that believe r not idiots but how can u believe in a virgin getting pregnant or a man building a arch that could hold a whole echo system. Truly I want a good answer. Because science is blowing the god theory out of the water. Hands down. So y waste time worshiping a god that's not real. Being alive is the closest thing to heaven we will come to.
Have you ever stood on a super high mountain? or have you ever taken a long flight and sat by the window of the plane and viewed nothing but fields of clouds below? Now that's what I call close to heaven on earth LOL
Sorry you feel and think that worshipping God the Creator is a waste of time. and in all actuality, science has proven biblical accounts. such as things that are created prove the existence of a creator. Scientists ran a test of earth's days and came up 1 day short, one of them recalled Bible verses that spoke of God causing the sun to go back 10 degrees and also during a battle that God caused the sun to stand still. and when they added it all up there "in the Bible" they found the missing earth day :)
food for thought.
True Evidence

AOL

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah! A virgin impregnated by a ghost. I think I'll call it "A Vaginal Haunting".
and then there are those things that occur in life that defy an explanation. There are things that man in his limited brain cannot explain away. there are things that don't add up, or make sense,
or simply have no explanation, that is life sometimes :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forum has gone to the dogs 4 hr Le Monde 17
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 hr Le Monde 78
Turns Out 4 hr Le Monde 162
Early Christianity 4 hr Le Monde 1,244
failed prophecies 5 hr Le Monde 529
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS Gospel 17 hr DrSCIENCE 856
Intelligent People Question Everything 19 hr DrSCIENCE 2,332
More from around the web