Satanists planning rally for Florida ...

Satanists planning rally for Florida Gov. Rick Scott

Posted in the Christian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Florida Gov. Rick Scott may have earned himself a new constituency, but the devil is in the details.
Local news site WPBF.com reported that a group of Satanists plans to hold a rally outside Scott's office on Jan. 25 to support the governor’s signing of a bill that allows students to pray at school events.
"We've gotten such a response, it's just impossible for me to know what that translates into," Satanic Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves told WPBF, regarding how many will show up at the rally.
“You don’t build up your membership unless people know about you,” Greaves said in a separate interview with the Palm Beach Post.“So this allows us to get our message out in public. We’re hoping it will reduce the stigmatism.”
The Satanic Temple was launched in 2012 with what Greaves described as being “more or less an online community.”
The group’s website describes itself as being different from other, better-known Satanic organizations. Greaves said the rally is part of a larger ongoing effort at making the group’s beliefs more commonplace in mainstream discussions of religion and belief. From the website:
“Though we have far to go before public education leads to a mainstream embrace of our Satanic religion, we feel that our own public ‘coming out’ will go a long way toward raising the consciousness of the populace … and the social environment has never yet been better prepared for the welcoming of a new Satanic era.”
The group’s founder, Neil Bricke, is scheduled to speak at the rally.
"We feel it's time for Satanists to come out and say exactly who we are," Greaves said.
So, what does Scott think of the newly organized support?
"This is a great country. Everyone has a voice," Gov. Scott's press secretary wrote in an email to ABCNews.com .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/satanist...

Cookie_Parker

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 16, 2013
ROFLMAO!!! Calling for satanic prayers in schools. This is priceless.. Thanks JC....really a great article. This shows the fundies what religion is all bout

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Looking for something new to chat about. This is what I found.

Lesson: what out for what you pray for you might get it.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#4 Jan 16, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
Looking for something new to chat about. This is what I found.
Lesson: what out for what you pray for you might get it.
LOL!!!! Yup. Won't the fundies have a fit when their children come home from public school, chanting to the devil...

LOL!!!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#5 Jan 16, 2013
awesomeness!
Cisco Kid

Columbia, CA

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Guess the Pope's been right all along about them protestants.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#7 Jan 16, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
awesomeness!
Not surprising, don't you live there?

Say what?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#8 Jan 17, 2013
I can't wait for the first fundie to challenge the supreme court on the idea that satanism is not a religion. To do so would indicate that Christianity is also not a religion, as the two compliment each other and can't survive in teachings without the other.
we never knew it

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jan 17, 2013
I thought that catholicism/christianity was satanic though.

Thats what we've always done isn't it, just seperate all the way down to the tiniest degrees.

Why all of the different names? All of these dam things speak the same old thing.

Many names huh? Many many names. And different clothes, they are dividing in appearence but it's all the same at it's core.

Satanists and catholics/christians are one in the same.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
I can't wait for the first fundie to challenge the supreme court on the idea that satanism is not a religion. To do so would indicate that Christianity is also not a religion, as the two compliment each other and can't survive in teachings without the other.
If you can't wait for that, absolute indicator of life needed...

Oh ya, you're on TOPIX 24/7... point, set and MATCH!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 17, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't wait for that, absolute indicator of life needed...
Oh ya, you're on TOPIX 24/7... point, set and MATCH!
And your here to witness every minute of that, "absolute indicator of life needed." Game called off do to Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#12 Jan 17, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
And your here to witness every minute of that, "absolute indicator of life needed." Game called off do to Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Says the guy "TOPIXING" from work...oh ya, sure am glad I'm not on that "power grid"...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 17, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy "TOPIXING" from work...oh ya, sure am glad I'm not on that "power grid"...
Our grid availability blows your out of the water.

But your never one to let fact get in the way of your world view.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Our grid availability blows your out of the water.
But your never one to let fact get in the way of your world view.
Say what?

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#15 Jan 17, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
If he weren't working, would you be able to cash your SSDI check?

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
If he weren't working, would you be able to cash your SSDI check?
My? SSDI check? What is that?

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Cookie_Parker wrote:
It isn't a religion, it is anti-religion.

They're not asking for satanic prayers in public schools.They're using the the Christians fight for prayer in school to promote their brand of satanism. They're a bunch of scam artists. They set up a bare bones website to collect twenty five bucks per person from the new members they hope to gain from their rally and all the publicity they're getting from that article. It's been all over FB and on the satanic sites.
Another ed flag, real satanists do not proselytize. We also do not pray.

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#19 Jan 17, 2013
we never knew it wrote:
I thought that catholicism/christianity was satanic though.
Thats what we've always done isn't it, just seperate all the way down to the tiniest degrees.
Why all of the different names? All of these dam things speak the same old thing.
Many names huh? Many many names. And different clothes, they are dividing in appearence but it's all the same at it's core.
Satanists and catholics/christians are one in the same.
No, LaVeyans satanists are nothing like Christians. You seem to believe that devil worshipers are the only satanists. LaVeyan satanism is based upon humanism and some occult practices. Occult practices which date beyond Christianity. Satan is not exclusively Christian or Hebrew. There have always existed satanic archetypes,such as the Egyptian god of Chaos,Seth.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 17, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not asking for satanic prayers in public schools.They're using the the Christians fight for prayer in school to promote their brand of satanism. They're a bunch of scam artists. They set up a bare bones website to collect twenty five bucks per person from the new members they hope to gain from their rally and all the publicity they're getting from that article. It's been all over FB and on the satanic sites.
There are thousands of Christians denominations so this satanists group plays different.

From your description sounds like a religion to me.

Cookie_Parker

Location hidden

#21 Jan 17, 2013
satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad. But then again, the fundies pushing for prayer are fake Christians, so I guess it all works out in the end, huh?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate learning about this, pagan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Turns Out 3 min Roghomo 181
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 6 min Roghomo 89
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS Gospel 7 min Roghomo 865
Early Christianity 11 min Roghomo 1,295
Forum has gone to the dogs 17 min Barmsweb 64
Intelligent People Question Everything 20 min Roghomo 2,340
failed prophecies 29 min Roghomo 613
More from around the web