How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1700 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays here demonstrate their 'intelligence'. Name callers. Over and over. That's all you have to offer.
WOW! Talk about hypocrisy!

You've spent a month declaring that all gays are going to hell because they are sinners and abominations and yet you have the gall to complain that those same people are calling you a bigot.

LOL.

Los Angeles, CA

#1701 Mar 19, 2013
Cvor wrote: Hell is not real.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. You can't.
Prove Valhalla isn't real.
Prove Olympus isn't real.
Prove the Aztec Underworld isn't real.

If your criteria for realness is whether or not someone in some religion claimed it to be real, then there are THOUSANDS of alternatives to your personal belief all of which are just as valid.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1702 Mar 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Talk about hypocrisy!
You've spent a month declaring that all gays are going to hell because they are sinners and abominations and yet you have the gall to complain that those same people are calling you a bigot.
LOL.
I'm not complaining. Just pointing out the facts.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1703 Mar 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
Cvor wrote: Hell is not real.
<quoted text>
Prove Valhalla isn't real.
Prove Olympus isn't real.
Prove the Aztec Underworld isn't real.
If your criteria for realness is whether or not someone in some religion claimed it to be real, then there are THOUSANDS of alternatives to your personal belief all of which are just as valid.
Then I'm at least as well off as you. At least I have a possibility of salvation.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#1704 Mar 19, 2013
How?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Anywhere.
little lamb

Australia

#1705 Mar 19, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, you did not know that I do not subscribe to any religious beliefs.
At any rate, what does “only BEGOTTEN son” mean to you, if you do not mind my asking?
The same as the word beget means in Genesis...

It means to me..that every other creation was created THROUGH the Son....but the SON, come out direct from the Father, no intermediary

FIRST BORN in everything...
little lamb

Australia

#1706 Mar 19, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, you did not know that I do not subscribe to any religious beliefs.
I suspect that is why you threw the trinity in as a curved ball..

to

'divide and conquer'

because if you can divide Christians in a trinity debate you can get them fighting between themselves and not as we all are in agreement that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination to God.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#1707 Mar 19, 2013
You're wrong.

There may be an afterlife where biblical literalists are not well treated but everyone else is, including Atheists.

I can't disprove that.

You can't disprove that.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'm at least as well off as you. At least I have a possibility of salvation.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1708 Mar 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
You're wrong.
There may be an afterlife where biblical literalists are not well treated but everyone else is, including Atheists.
I can't disprove that.
You can't disprove that.
<quoted text>
You can make up whatever you like. I don't have to make up the Bible.
little lamb

Australia

#1709 Mar 19, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
My observation is this is hard to do because of our baser nature and need for attention. We try to exalt ourselves at the expense of others. The analogy I liken this to is that in a crowd of people, when we wish to be "seen" we must "step on" the shoulders of another, thus pushing that person down so we can be "seen." If in a virtual crowd, such as Topix, we put others down in order to bring attention to ourselves.....to distinguish ourselves from the crowd so to speak.
It is completely unBiblical, but it is part of most of our natures to some degree or another. No glory goes to God when we disobey God, even when our disobedience is a misguided attempt to bring others to God.
God bless you and yours.
True ..we are all probably guilty ..thank God that he is gracious and forgives us..it part and parcel of being a disciple of Christ..learning to discipline our tongue .." a man who can tame his tongue is a perfect man' says James.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#1710 Mar 19, 2013
Your foray into logic failed, so you've defaulted into retard mode.

Mentals and Poes are so predictable.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make up whatever you like. I don't have to make up the Bible.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1711 Mar 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your foray into logic failed, so you've defaulted into retard mode.
Mentals and Poes are so predictable.
<quoted text>
Because you don't comprehend doesn't make others ignorant.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1712 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
So does Nuggin.
In fact, the same chance you have.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1713 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>So does Nuggin.
In fact, the same chance you have.
Nope.

"he who does not believe will be condemned."

Mark 16:16 (NKJV)
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#1714 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
"he who does not believe will be condemned."
Mark 16:16 (NKJV)
16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Nope.
God can and does grant salvation to any soul He sees as worthy of it.

And, God does not need a Bible as a guideline in His Judgments either.
He can do better.
He can see your soul.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1715 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Nope.
God can and does grant salvation to any soul He sees as worthy of it.
And, God does not need a Bible as a guideline in His Judgments either.
He can do better.
He can see your soul.
I get it. You pick the parts of the Bible you like and reject the rest. Thereby creating your own personal god to please you. That won't work well on Judgment Day.

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

That means eternity in Hell fire.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#1716 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You pick the parts of the Bible you like and reject the rest. Thereby creating your own personal god to please you. That won't work well on Judgment Day.
Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
That means eternity in Hell fire.
So, you ignore the fact that you were wrong about the book of Revelation.........
lol at you.
Get a new gig.

Los Angeles, CA

#1717 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using "Pascal's Wager" which is a well known logical failure.

You are assuming that by picking a religion you have a better chance at salvation than not picking one.

However, with 15,000 religions in the world, you are MUCH more likely to pick the wrong one than the right one.

AND, you didn't even pick your religion. You were assigned a religion by your mother.

AND, you are assuming that not picking a religion is as bad as picking the wrong one.

I put to you that it makes more sense that you put this argument before Odin when you die, "I didn't know that Norse was the correct religion, but at least I didn't worship some other make believe god."

As opposed to, "Oops, sorry Odin. I spent my whole life worshiping a Jewish Wizard instead of you."

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1718 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>So, you ignore the fact that you were wrong about the book of Revelation.........
lol at you.
Get a new gig.
God called you "ignorant".

"the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord"

1 Corinthians 14:37-38 (NKJV)
37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#1719 Mar 19, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are using "Pascal's Wager" which is a well known logical failure.
You are assuming that by picking a religion you have a better chance at salvation than not picking one.
However, with 15,000 religions in the world, you are MUCH more likely to pick the wrong one than the right one.
AND, you didn't even pick your religion. You were assigned a religion by your mother.
AND, you are assuming that not picking a religion is as bad as picking the wrong one.
I put to you that it makes more sense that you put this argument before Odin when you die, "I didn't know that Norse was the correct religion, but at least I didn't worship some other make believe god."
As opposed to, "Oops, sorry Odin. I spent my whole life worshiping a Jewish Wizard instead of you."
The fact is, I'm at least as well of as you even if I'm wrong. If you are wrong you will burn forever. I can't lose. You can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police need more training on hate crime, says A... 24 min ROG 30
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Barmsweb 1,087
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 1 hr Barmsweb 1,177
Early Christianity 2 hr Barmsweb 2,111
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 6 hr Jesus Made Me Whole 110
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 7 hr superwilly 331
Another one joins our team ! 7 hr fallen angel 65
More from around the web