How can a gay be a Christian??

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#175 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh yes the Ten Commandments, wonderful just wonderful. Say Native there where many laws in the OT, 613 to be exact. Tell me can I sell my children? God says its OK. How about stopping short people from entering a church. God says we should do that. What about killing your disobedient child, should we do that? God seems to think so. How about picking up sticks on the sabbath, according to god you should be killed. I guess what I am saying Native, do we follow all the rules or just the ones you see as fit?????
She's probably chewin' her some pickled pork feet right now and breakin' the no porky pig law..........LOL

Jesus abided by the OT laws, except for when it came to saving a life or helping the sick because illness doesn't have a schedule.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#177 Feb 13, 2013
Tiny Timmie wrote:
Okay, waitaminute. If an EX-drunkard confesses to being an alcoholic, and converts to Christianity; and "once an alcoholic always an alcoholic" EVEN if he never sips a drink again, because alcoholism is considered a "disease" and one li'l sip could put him right back on "skid row" again, isn't he "a Christian alcoholic?"
Is there such a thing as a Christian diabetic? Or a blind Christian? Or one who struggles with over-spending or lust or greed? Or does true faith instantly make us pure and whole?
I was under the impression that Christians struggle against sin until "the redemption of our bodies" at the Second Coming.
It sounds like some of you are saying that a "true Christian" is never tempted to old habits or old weaknesses. If a Christian can't be tempted to sin, then I think we're all screwed, since Christ Himself was tempted.
Talk about being set up to fail!
If you would rather that I didn't identify as "Christian and gay," fine. But I expect to struggle with my same-sex attraction until "the redemption of my body" or until physical death ends my struggle against sin.
A Christian is a new creature in Christ. No one said you would not be tempted. Jesus Christ Himself was tempted, did that make Him any less?

Jesus said,,

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Does that give you a license to sin? What did Paul say?

Romans 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

The Lord has set you free. You will be tempted but you are NOT a gay Christian unless you partake of the lifestyle and sexual nature of homosexuality and then you are NOT a Christian at all if you do.

Do not hold your past guilt over yourself, satan WILL win if you do that.

Colossians 3:1-11

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#178 Feb 13, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely right. It is those who arrogantly refuse to acknowledge their sin and repent from it that will not be forgiven by God. Do not be discouraged :) Those who are heterosexual and commit adultery are in the same predicament.
No, he is absolutely WRONG. A new creature in Christ can be tempted and yes, even sin BUT that can be repented from if done with a contrite heart. To tell this young man he is still gay does nothing but plant seeds of guilt which Christ took away.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#179 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just bingo and raffles and the proceeds go to good causes. My sales pitch for our recent building fund raffle was "You don't really expect to win that car, do you? I'm just asking you to do the right thing." The tickets were rather expensive so I took in more in direct donations than ticket sales. Apparently I was the only one soliciting direct donations because the exact amount was listed in the church bulletin right next to the basket and envelopes.
What kind of stuff do you do in support of your church?
You DO know Christ overturned the bingo tables and whipped the gamblers out of His Fathers house, don't you?

Sell donuts.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#180 Feb 13, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Earth Child,
It is my business when homosexuals lie and say they are born that way so society has to give into their special needs.
Seems your the insane one that you can't figure out God made sex between a male and female.
<quoted text>
Unless you have a Phd in genetics, you're irrelevant.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#181 Feb 13, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Sure beats the hell out of being a fat old diaper wearin chair bound pissant like yourself!
Guess you're being punished by the big guy for the reat of your life.. I think I'm goin boating.. have a nice day sittin in that chair with your diapers on!
blah blah blah And I'll RUN on your ashes in the eternity you piece of shit.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#182 Feb 13, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Troth
I find your lies pathetic. What game last week? You may want to prove what you are talking about before making an ass out of yourself. I was not even around home last week so please do explain.
DO you need help troth? That why you are so immature and go around and call people names in wheelchairs and make fun of people's deceased loved ones? Did you not learn manners growing up? Is this what the Marines did to you? The Marines were to teach you respect and manners. You put Marines to shame!!
<quoted text>
When I was in the Navy we deployed Marines around the world. Marines are a respectful, courteous branch of the military. Pig's Trough is no Marine and the Marines I knew wouldn't have anything to do with his perverted ass.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#185 Feb 13, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, Padre presented the car to the winner Sunday after the twelve o'clock. He's right, you always see the same faces. Half of the crowd of about thirty that cheered the lady that won went to the ten o'clock and came back. Five of the seven that went to Santa Fe were in the crowd. Nice little car, some kind of silver metallic Chevy thing. Looked a little cramped in the back but not too bad. It was parked in front of the annex and the lady had to back it out. She almost took out Oscar and a tree.
Probably raised enough for that car to feed many hungry families. ANd instead of donating a car for your raffle, why didn't the dealership donate the money it cost to a worthy charity?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#186 Feb 13, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you have a Phd in genetics, you're irrelevant.
Oh shut up. There is NO CONCLUSIVE PROOF gays are born that way.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#188 Feb 13, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
Say I found these christian churches that accept homosexuality.
North America
MCCNY, a church in New York City.
Grace Gospel Chapel, in Seattle. Affirming Pentecostal Church International
Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists
Ecumenical Catholic Church
Ecumenical Catholic Communion
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Evangelical Anglican Church In America
Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
Episcopal Church (United States)
Friends General Conference
Global Alliance of Affirming Apostolic Pentecostals
International Christian Community Churches
Metropolitan Community Church
Old Catholic Church
Presbyterian Church (USA)
Reformed Anglican Catholic Church
Restoration Church of Jesus Christ (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)— a Latter Day Saint denomination
United Church of Christ
United Church of Canada
Unity Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Are you trying to decide which one to join?

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#190 Feb 13, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Earth
I do not need a PH.D in genetics to know homosexuality is not natural. Common sense says it is not normal a male and female go together or you ignorant?
<quoted text>
You and Wayne aren't natural either and biblically referred to as..........abominations.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#191 Feb 13, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
I am acutely aware that there is a group of 'they' who who think Catholics aren't Christian.
But you know? What 'they' think doesn't really matter.
What will be highly entertaining one day is hanging around the Pearly Gates and watching 'their' eyes when they find the gate keeper is Catholic.
No. It will be the fallen countenances of the catholics when they realize they got it all wrong and there is only Christ and all in all.

Your catholic arrogance is a trait God hates.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#192 Feb 13, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You and Wayne aren't natural either and biblically referred to as..........abominations.
Nothing you say is relevant. You are worthless in biblical matters.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#193 Feb 13, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you have no problem wallowing around in the mud with hogs do you and having sex with them. Same thing.
Unlike you, I'm not into bestiality and relatives.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#194 Feb 13, 2013
The Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever read in your bible the parable of the two men that went to chruch to pray? It seems that one was a Christian and the other was a homosexual. Old Preacherman01 got down on his knees and prayed, "Thank you Father for saving me from being like other posters, such as atheists, the Rcc posters, and especially that homosexual in the back of the church. Praise God, I paid my tithes and let some homeless work for food.
However, the homosexual did not so much as bow his head, said, "Have mercy on me God." Jesus said that homosexual when home justified.
Preacherman01 haven't you ever read where I said "I will make them pay who say, don't come near me, for I am holier-than-thou? These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burns all the day."
That is so twisted out of context it is not even funny. YOU are the Pharisee. A homosexual CANNOT be justified UNLESS they accept Christ as Savior and turn their backs COMPLETELY on the perverted lifestyle of homosexuality.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#195 Feb 13, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you, I'm not into bestiality and relatives.
I think you are a liar. You support it, you might as well do it.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#196 Feb 13, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!!!!
Homosexuals will do anything to distort twist and make scriptures fit there cause.
SICKING!!!!!
EXACTLY!
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#197 Feb 13, 2013
The Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
The scripture still reads the same in my bible. I just translated it (in another tongue you might say) to help Preacherman01 understand it better. What is sickening is you labeling me a homosexual without even knowing me.
No, you are incorrectly interpreting scripture. It was NOT a homosexual that went home justified. A sinner? Yes, yes indeed but the way YOU put it is the gays are justified. Not gonna happen.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#200 Feb 13, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are a liar. You support it, you might as well do it.
Well, ain't that interesting that you posted you did, which means you support it. You can't erase the past now, but don't you worry, munchkin, you don't have to hide.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#201 Feb 13, 2013
Native from Pa wrote:
Earth
So because someone is abused as a child you hold that over them it even if it was a relative that abused them? You are one sick person to blame a child.
<quoted text>
Do you have a guilty conscience? I made absolutely "NO" reference
about you or pertaining to your wild stories, but if you want to publicize your laundry, that's your business, but I'm not interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 2 hr Preacher 80
Faith during hard times 4 hr Taranis 92
judgment coming to america 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 137
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 4 hr Taranis 80
SUPER SERVERs 4 hr Taranis 15
Believers are not to judge non-believers. (Dec '11) 4 hr Taranis 73
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 4 hr JuneVanDenmark 403
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 11 hr Get a life 1,585
More from around the web