How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1404 Mar 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>

He said many things that made the Jewish leadership believe He was claiming to be God. Jesus' claim to sit at the right hand of God in Matt 26:64 is to claim to be equal with God. To be equal with God is to be God. The Jews considered this to be blasphemy and put Him to death for it. Jesus never corrected their understanding on this issue.
I didn't ask you to provide a bible quote "that made the Jewish leadership believe He was claiming to be God".

Once again...it seems you are the ignorant one huh?

Location hidden

#1405 Mar 16, 2013
I clearly stated that Jesus never actually said he was a god. You called me ignorant and now you CHANGE the claim I made and use a bible verse to support it. That is intellectually dishonest. The bible verse you provided doesn't apply to what I asserted.

You provided this:

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied.“But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[a]

So where does he ACTUALLY SAAAAAAAAYYYYYY "I am god"???

I mean in this verse -- it isn't even IMPLIED let alone asserted!!!! some "Son of Man" will SIT at the right hand of some Mighty one. WOW.

The meaning and implications of the term "son of man" is highly open to interpretation let alone that "sitting to the right" doesn't necessarily mean someone is a god.

What a crock..... "I am god". Where is it?

All this nonsense. All this interpretation. What is it a puzzle? If I want to tell people I am a god....I will say "I am a god". Not babbling nonsense in riddles.

Your jesus didn't say he was a god...plain and simple. You interpret certain passages in a way to come to a personal understanding of this. He never outright said he was a god.

And this begs the question....why not just say it if he was?
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1407 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not demonstrated any ignorance though. You likely say this because I - unlike you - don't assume the bible is true.
I am aware we don't have originals of Plato. Plato is known for Philosophy so I don't see the need for originals. I don't really worship Plato either
Actually, you re a fool and you do worship Plato. You are just too stupid to comprehend.
Please explain your original source that says that Plato is known for philosophy. I know for a fact that Plato had know philosophy of his own but simply quoted the philosophy of the black African King, Imhotep. I don't assume that Plato even existed. I just as much assume that Caucasians needed a white version of Imhotep and so Plato was created.
So, where are these original manuscripts of Plato that causes you to foolishly believe the he was a philosopher.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1408 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
I clearly stated that Jesus never actually said he was a god. You called me ignorant and now you CHANGE the claim I made and use a bible verse to support it.
Again, you prove yourself a fool and a stupid one at that. If you do not believe the Bible, then you also do not believe that Jesus existed. So, how could a non existing person say that he was God.

If we accept the fact that Jesus said that "the father and I are one", please explain how that is not him saying he is God.

If Jesus is the son of God and he was born without the egg of woman or seed of man, then how is he not God?

You are stupid, but I did not call you dumb or ignorant.

Did Jesus Say He Was God?

The gospel of John, which presents Jesus Christ in His deity, is sometimes called the "I AM" book. Over and over again in the book of John, Jesus said, "I AM." To the learned Jew this phrase "I AM" was very significant. It was a claim by Jesus that He is God. Why? In the Old Testament when God called Moses to lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, He told Moses to tell the nation that "I AM" has sent you (Exodus 3:13-15). "I AM" is the covenant God of Israel, Jehovah! Therefore, the great "I AM" is the designation for God to the nation of Israel and Jesus' statement "I AM" is a clear indication that He was saying, "I AM God."

Did Jesus say He was God? Jesus claimed equality with the God the Father. "Jesus said to them,'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

"Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out,'Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me'" (John 7:28-29).

"Then they asked him,'Where is your father?''You do not know me or my Father,' Jesus replied.'If you knew me, you would know my Father also'" (John 8:19) "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered,'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58). "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

Therefore the Jews certainly understood that Jesus was claiming to be God and they sought to kill Him because of it. "'What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.' Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp." (John 10:36-39). This is just one incident where the Jewish authority sought to take Jesus or to stone Him and He escaped out of their hands because His time had not yet come (John 8:20).

Jesus also affirmed His deity to the disciples. "'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.'

little lamb

Brunswick West, Australia

#1409 Mar 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Name an aspect of our culture which arises solely from Christianity.

Nope. The seven day week started in Babylon.
<quoted text>
Nope. PLenty of history of both schooling and hospitals prior to Christianity.
Galen is the father of medicine.
The Egyptians were famous for their schools.
<quoted text>
An aspect of Christianity that is peculiar to our culture is " compassion and giving a person a fair go.."

that is uniquely a Christian influence in Australia,...

It was Carolyn Chisholm whose Christian conscience helped women who were just unloaded on Australian port and had no where to go ,and who ended up in prostitution because there were no care for them when they were left behind here..by an uncaring system

Education FOR THE POOR was the what Christianity did....The monasteries opened their doors to the POOR and DISADVANTAGED offered schooling to those who couldn't afford it..compassion at work in a large scale.

Christianity affected the consciences of individuals to bring about change of systems..
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1410 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you to provide a bible quote "that made the Jewish leadership believe He was claiming to be God".
Once again...it seems you are the ignorant one huh?
I didn't ask you to post here, but here you are. Once again.....you have proven that you are gay and you admitted it before. I am also not asking you to provide posts to the contrary. Prove you are not gay without posting that you are not. Once again, you avoid the issue of you being gay, which is why you are on this thread and are upset over you gays not being Christians.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1411 Mar 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hindu religion forbids the consumption of beef.
Heart disease causes 1 in 4 deaths.
600,000 American will die of heart disease this year.
So, here's a religion which forbids something which is bad for you.
Should we make eating beef illegal in the US?
So, you support rape and the killing of gays, or should we not have laws against those things. Please explain how killing gays is harmful to straights? I mean, since gays are the carriers of AIDS, the primary abusers of children, and account for the most suicides, shouldn't we eliminate gays and solve the problem?
treggeg

Rochester, PA

#1412 Mar 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …
Get Over it,,,impossible

Location hidden

#1413 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, you re a fool and you do worship Plato. You are just too stupid to comprehend.
Please explain your original source that says that Plato is known for philosophy. I know for a fact that Plato had know philosophy of his own but simply quoted the philosophy of the black African King, Imhotep. I don't assume that Plato even existed. I just as much assume that Caucasians needed a white version of Imhotep and so Plato was created.
So, where are these original manuscripts of Plato that causes you to foolishly believe the he was a philosopher.
I worship plato??? riiiiiiiight

I don't have an original source.....I just go along with conventional thought and practices while holding the understanding that what is attributed to him may not be from him. I don't care all that much about it. If you can provide information that Joe Smith wrote it.....so be it. I won't be like a religious fool and deny evidence. If you want -- you can put plato in quotes when you bring him up again (I didn't). I certainly won't be upset by it.

Now only if the religious had this attitude

Location hidden

#1414 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask you to post here, but here you are. Once again.....you have proven that you are gay and you admitted it before. I am also not asking you to provide posts to the contrary. Prove you are not gay without posting that you are not. Once again, you avoid the issue of you being gay, which is why you are on this thread and are upset over you gays not being Christians.
If you want to fund a lie detector test and compensate me for my time and travel..........

I think you want me to be gay.......so you can have a shot with me

Location hidden

#1415 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ask you to post here, but here you are.
this has no bearing or relevance on the exchange that involved me asking where Jesus said he was god and someone providing a bible verse that did not show him saying that. You must really really not like that fact -- to the point of making this irrelevant observation in response to me

Location hidden

#1416 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you prove yourself a fool and a stupid one at that. If you do not believe the Bible, then you also do not believe that Jesus existed. So, how could a non existing person say that he was God.
Just because I don't believe the bible doesn't mean I don't believe Jesus didn't exist. However the discussion in question centered around me assuming for the sake of discussion that the bible was true. This was previously indicated but it was also blatantly obvious.
NorCal Resident

New York, NY

#1417 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
I worship plato??? riiiiiiiight
I don't have an original source.....I just go along with conventional thought and practices while holding the understanding that what is attributed to him may not be from him. I don't care all that much about it. If you can provide information that Joe Smith wrote it.....so be it. I won't be like a religious fool and deny evidence. If you want -- you can put plato in quotes when you bring him up again (I didn't). I certainly won't be upset by it.
Now only if the religious had this attitude
In other words you worship Plato and sinmply believe him.....ou go along, yes, because that is your belief and therefore how you worship. You are like a gya religious fool and seek no evidence. Why should the religious have your attitude of stupidity, you are here because you are gay and upset. Why should we put Plato in quotes, that would make us stupid like you and assume that the quotes are his.

Actually, you hold the idea that plato is your god and that what is attributed to him is from him. Unless, you have no original manuscripts then YOU can not attribute any quotes or philosophies as coming from him. Indeed, they came from the black African King, King Imhotep, who also taught him medicine.

So, Plato was simply a tape recorder and puppet on a string.

Location hidden

#1418 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If we accept the fact that Jesus said that "the father and I are one", please explain how that is not him saying he is God.
It could mean they are one symbolically or in a "spiritual" sense or in a variety of other ways. When people say "we are all one" -- it doesn't mean we are all Chinese.

Location hidden

#1420 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus is the son of God and he was born without the egg of woman or seed of man, then how is he not God?
You are stupid, but I did not call you dumb or ignorant.
Jesus never said he was born of a virgin. Someone else claimed that. Now you are trying to prove he is a god by inference. This is irrelevant to the discussion. My statement was that Jesus never said he was god.

Seems you are stupid and ignorant........dumbie
NorCal Resident

New York, NY

#1421 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because I don't believe the bible doesn't mean I don't believe Jesus didn't exist. However the discussion in question centered around me assuming for the sake of discussion that the bible was true. This was previously indicated but it was also blatantly obvious.
Again, you are a liar. The discussion is the same discussion that you started when you got here, a week ago, which was centered arouund your request for original Bible documents and the original writers. You received them and you have been butt hurt and gay every since, and now you can't leave until you get y our butt out of your mouth.
NorCal Resident

New York, NY

#1422 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
this has no bearing or relevance on the exchange that involved me asking where Jesus said he was god and someone providing a bible verse that did not show him saying that. You must really really not like that fact -- to the point of making this irrelevant observation in response to me
You still upset. I mean, you chose to be gay and now you do not know how to choose not to be gay. And for that all you get is "hell" and so here you are whining about it and making claims against it.

What does your god say? You know, satan. I know that satan tells you that it is okay for you to be gay and to have sexc with children, but do you have original manuscripts to support your belief.

Location hidden

#1423 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
The gospel of John, which presents Jesus Christ in His deity, is sometimes called the "I AM" book. Over and over again in the book of John, Jesus said, "I AM." To the learned Jew this phrase "I AM" was very significant. It was a claim by Jesus that He is God. Why? In the Old Testament when God called Moses to lead the nation of Israel out of Egypt, He told Moses to tell the nation that "I AM" has sent you (Exodus 3:13-15). "I AM" is the covenant God of Israel, Jehovah! Therefore, the great "I AM" is the designation for God to the nation of Israel and Jesus' statement "I AM" is a clear indication that He was saying, "I AM God."
Did Jesus say He was God? Jesus claimed equality with the God the Father. "Jesus said to them,'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).
"Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out,'Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, but I know him because I am from him and he sent me'" (John 7:28-29).
"Then they asked him,'Where is your father?''You do not know me or my Father,' Jesus replied.'If you knew me, you would know my Father also'" (John 8:19) "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered,'before Abraham was born, I am!'" (John 8:58). "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
Therefore the Jews certainly understood that Jesus was claiming to be God and they sought to kill Him because of it. "'What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.' Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp." (John 10:36-39). This is just one incident where the Jewish authority sought to take Jesus or to stone Him and He escaped out of their hands because His time had not yet come (John 8:20).
Jesus also affirmed His deity to the disciples. "'If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.'
He said "I am"..........he never finished the sentence though? Why is it that the "I am" of the Old Testament says outright "i am the lord thy god" yet Jesus does not one single time? Perhaps Jesus was asserting that there was a connection between all humans and god...and he was no different than you and I.

He certainly changed alot of other OT ways of thinking so it is not beyond reason to suggest this.

Ultimately -- he didn't say he was a god. The OT god did. Jesus didn't. So it's not like the terminology wasn't there.

You worship a god that never claimed to be one. That's OK -- you are a moron for many more reasons than that blunder.

Location hidden

#1425 Mar 16, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't claim equality with god in a complete sense. He only claimed they were both working. I am working too....just like the Father..........am I claiming to be god??? WOW.....you really are a moron aren't you? Can you walk and chew gum at the same time?
NorCal Resident

New York, NY

#1426 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
It could mean they are one symbolically or in a "spiritual" sense or in a variety of other ways. When people say "we are all one" -- it doesn't mean we are all Chinese.
That is not what Jesus said....but then again, despite your racism, Chinese are people, although you may not be. I mean, your evolutionist cult buddies claim that your oldest mammal ancester is A "RAT".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 4 min Barmsweb 5,934
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 46 min Barmsweb 301
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 2 hr janeebee 34
News Mass hunger 'a moral scandal' Bread president t... 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 71
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 3 hr I love Jesus 42
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 3 hr I love Jesus 9,506
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 5 hr janeebee 2,371
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 5 hr I love Jesus 444
More from around the web