Jeff

San Jose, CA

#1363 Mar 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Jesus Himself is not claiming to be the Word at John 1:1-3, right?
<quoted text>
Wow! Please tell me that your strongest argument isn’t guilty by association.
<quoted text>
Who did Jesus say He was at John 10:36? And just in case you didn’t know, here is what Jesus Himself explicitly said:“... I said,‘I am the Son of God’(NKJV).
<quoted text>
With all due respect, it is somewhat amazing how you have been designated as Jesus’ interpreter, whereas you can arbitrarily put words in His mouth, right?
<quoted text>
Well, according to Paul, Jesus was in fact a man, not a God-man. But once again, do not take my word for it, but rather read the bible for yourself, i.e.,“concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh”(Rom 1:3, NKJV).
Paul in Rom 1:3 is referring to Christ (God) being born as a man. Paul also taught Jesus was God in Titus 2:13-- looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,..

Hope this helps

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#1364 Mar 16, 2013
So Sad wrote:
All homosexuals will have their part in the lake of fire...REPENT, and stop trying to reword the bible to fit your lifestyles.
Here's an idea:
How about you leave people alone to do what they are going to do and follow this rule:

"Judge not lest ye be judged."

I think that's from the Hobbit.

Valley Village, CA

#1365 Mar 16, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
The culture of the west was a Christian culture.
Name an aspect of our culture which arises solely from Christianity.

Not our laws, not our system of government, not our calendar, mathematics, not our food, not our holidays.

NONE of it arises from Christianity, that's because no aspect of Christianity isn't stolen from someplace else.
The name of the days of the week are pagan names for sure
But the Creation week is the start of the seven day cycle..and God rested on the seventh day..
Nope. The seven day week started in Babylon.
Also you are so wrong about Christianity..It was the monks and nuns that opened up schooling to the poor, It was religious orders that took care of lepers..
Nope. PLenty of history of both schooling and hospitals prior to Christianity.

Galen is the father of medicine.
The Egyptians were famous for their schools.
Methodists early Baptists and salvation army reached out to the poor and strengthened the inner worth of the down trodden , which encouraged them to tackle problems of the outer environment
It was Christians that put a stop to the slave trade..
It was Christians who were buying and owning the slaves.

That's like saying "People who eat bread put a stop to the slave trade."

The Bible is PRO-SLAVERY. Show me where in the Bible God says to free all the slaves? He doesn't.
just compare this with the other cultures that stayed backward..even Ghandi was influenced by Jesus Christs teachings..I think you need to rethink your ignorance ..
And Jesus' teachings were influenced by Buddha's. The difference is that Ghandi didn't pretend he was a god.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1366 Mar 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
So is your 'fear and hatred' of GOD...
You would have a point if you could prove this god was true. Until then -- it is pretty clear your god is imaginary and a lie...so accusing me of hating a being you cna't prove exists.....only serves to strengthen my comments.

You shot yourself in the foot

Location hidden

#1367 Mar 16, 2013
I guess people that disbelieve the Easter Bunny and would debate it's non-existence with Easter Bunny believers are angry at the Easter Bunny.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the believers are blatantly misguided and making a spectacle of themselves by asserting blatant nonsense.

Oh -- the denial and lack of honesty and accountability

Location hidden

#1368 Mar 16, 2013
prince0fdarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, sure thing dollarbillidiot.... a dead naked jew nailed to a piece of wood is god... ok.. you run with that nonsense if it makes you feel better...
lol -- the "bible insists"!!!!

and this matters why???

Location hidden

#1369 Mar 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
John 8:58. Jesus said,“Truly, Truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am”, which means that Jesus existed before His human life on earth.
Oh -- is that what it means? Thanks for the interpretation. Now prove that it ACTUALLY means that

Location hidden

#1370 Mar 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus claimed to be God in all kinds of places in the gospels. Take His claim to forgive sins. That is a claim to deity and the Jewish leaders knew that. See Luke 5:21. Other demonstrations of His deity can be seen in His control of nature by calming the sea. Only God could control nature and the disciples knew this.
Hope this helps
Another interpretation.

Only god can control nature??? Really --- I guess you have studies and statistics to prove this right? Where are they?

Jesus never said he was a god....or THE god. Even if you somehow come to believe the bible is accurate --- lol......the guy you worship doesn't say "I am god".

Christianity truly is comical.

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#1371 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh -- is that what it means? Thanks for the interpretation. Now prove that it ACTUALLY means that
Well, being the naysayer that you are, one could post many things to which you would deny.

Your purpose here is to incite, nothing else...

Your HATE is showing...

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#1372 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interpretation.
Only god can control nature??? Really --- I guess you have studies and statistics to prove this right? Where are they?
Jesus never said he was a god....or THE god. Even if you somehow come to believe the bible is accurate --- lol......the guy you worship doesn't say "I am god".
The only thing 'comical' here is you...

Sad thing tho? no one is laughing and looks aren't everything...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#1373 Mar 16, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interpretation.
You sound very ignorant of the Bible. Have you ever studied it?

Valley Village, CA

#1374 Mar 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that's the same criticism we have of most fundamentalists.
So Sad

Atlanta, GA

#1375 Mar 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an idea:
How about you leave people alone to do what they are going to do and follow this rule:
"Judge not lest ye be judged."
I think that's from the Hobbit.
Heres an idea:
How about you go read a bible, and show me where homosexuality is acceptable in Gods eyes.

Show them the word and help them, not just let them do their immoral ways and end up in hell for the sexual immoral lifestyle.

Biblical truth, trumps humans feelings.

Location hidden

#1376 Mar 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, being the naysayer that you are, one could post many things to which you would deny.
Your HATE is showing...
you provide no retort -- just personal attacks and ridiculous observations that are asserted without proof. It is reasonable to think you say things because you are angry that what I say is true and you fear to acknowledge it.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#1377 Mar 16, 2013
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
..........Biblical truth, trumps humans feelings.
That's exactly the trouble with you fundies, you don't have any human feelings!

Location hidden

#1378 Mar 16, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very gullible in life as a hole. You are asserting the bible as true when you have no originals, can't prove who even wrote it, it asserts things that are not proven to be possible, and asserts things that served an emotional/psychological/social need. So yes -- I I am familiar the bible. I won't say "study" because I don't think there is anything to actually study. And it's funny you would accuse me of this instead of showing me how I am wrong.

As I said.....

"Only god can control nature??? Really --- I guess you have studies and statistics to prove this right? Where are they?"

So -- where are they?(hint -- the bible isn't proof it is the claim)

"Jesus never said he was a god....or THE god. Even if you somehow come to believe the bible is accurate --- lol......the guy you worship doesn't say "I am god".
Christianity truly is comical."

And the bible quote where Jesus says he is god is..........

not your interpretations of passages.....where did he say it

Location hidden

#1379 Mar 16, 2013
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres an idea:
How about you go read a bible, and show me where homosexuality is acceptable in Gods eyes.
Show them the word and help them, not just let them do their immoral ways and end up in hell for the sexual immoral lifestyle.
Wasn't Jesus' blatant homosexuality proof enough?

Location hidden

#1380 Mar 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing 'comical' here is you...
Sad thing tho? no one is laughing and looks aren't everything...
Really -- I think the irony of your religion is comical.

How you worship a god who never said he was a god. I find humor in that.

I find it comical how believers say things about atheists and how immoral they are....yet you bow down and worship an atheist more powerful than I am.

The funny thing is too that you "spritually advanced" ones can't even muster an intellectual response and instead personally attack me.

The funny thing is that for spiritual people that you sure are hateful. I mean wow-----all it takes to set you off is for a man to insert a piece of hardened skin into another man's skin. How enlightened -- right? You are that shallow that this actually matters. So that is funny too....

It is funny.......people are so fed up with your bible minutia here and outright disgusting hatred that they don't even bother sifting through the BS to read this thread.

Location hidden

#1381 Mar 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Your HATE is showing...
so --- the irony here is that your hate is actually what is showing as you clearly hate gay people and refuse to accept them and look for reasons to alienate and judge them.

You respond with attacks instead of actually addressing the posts. They clearly affect you emotionally and you clearly do not have rational retorts and that angers you.

My purpose is to expose frauds and hateful people like you...people that ironically enough pawn themselves off as enlightened and just when they are clearly the exact opposite.

Valley Village, CA

#1382 Mar 16, 2013
So Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres an idea:
The problem here is that your religion is NOT the only religion.

Your religion is YOUR religion and should not be used to dictate the lives of others.

You don't like your life by the standards set down in other religions.

So, who cares what it says in the Bible. That should have no effect on how society is run.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Before The Big Bang 8 min Gary Coaldigger 4,221
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 8 min no-one-special 2,807
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 51 min RiccardoFire 3,923
Countdown?? (Oct '11) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 825
Mother Mary? 1 hr truthandcommonsense 27
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 1 hr Liam R will return 748
Nearly all Christians are Frauds 2 hr no-one-special 207
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 3 hr Passing thru 64
More from around the web