How can a gay be a Christian??

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1082 Mar 11, 2013
Just A Sock wrote:
<quoted text>What are the two greatest commandments? Jesus told you, what are they?
We both know the answer. Was Jesus unloving when He drowned all but 8?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1084 Mar 11, 2013
Just A Sock wrote:
<quoted text>What are the two greatest commandments? Jesus told you, what are they?
If you have something to say then why don't you just do it? You don't seem to understand what Biblical love means.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#1085 Mar 11, 2013
biblical love is the one where paedophilia is endorseed but consenting homosexuality is wrong.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have something to say then why don't you just do it? You don't seem to understand what Biblical love means.
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#1086 Mar 11, 2013
Those 2 commands are just a summary of all the other commands and they dont cancel all the other commands out.

A better question on the 2 greatest commandments are:
How do you Love God?
How do you Love your neighbor?
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#1087 Mar 11, 2013
1. Not at all.
2. Treat your neighbour at least as well as you would be treated.
Ant wrote:
Those 2 commands are just a summary of all the other commands and they dont cancel all the other commands out.
A better question on the 2 greatest commandments are:
How do you Love God?
How do you Love your neighbor?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1088 Mar 11, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>We are all still waiting to stop laughing at you.
As far as Columbus goes, you meant, I you acknowledge the lie as truth, while I acknowledge the Bible as true. Wow, you are an idiot, much evidence has been provided by scholars that he did not discover America and he did not even arrive on the continent in 1492. It is a known fact among historians, except that educators do not wish to undo your stupidity. Try this, slow brain, it was not until 1498 that Columbus arrived on this continent, on his third voyage and he arrived in South America, not North America.
Also, Columbus was not even the first European to discover America. So, you simply acknowledge lies and call it education. I see, that you did not progress pass high school rote learning.
I made no claims about Columbus. So your post served as a complete distraction so you didn't have address my actual post which discredits you. I see there is no debating with you.

Still no original bible document...I can tell you that much.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1089 Mar 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Description of Red Herring
A Red Herring is a fallacy in which an irrelevant topic is presented in order to divert attention from the original issue. The basic idea is to "win" an argument by leading attention away from the argument and to another topic. This sort of "reasoning" has the following form:
Topic A is under discussion.
Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A (when topic B is actually not relevant to topic A).
Topic A is abandoned.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because merely changing the topic of discussion hardly counts as an argument against a claim.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/red-...
glad I am not the only one to see it. Not only did he attempt this with Columbus but also by bringing up the "author" of 1+1=2. I like to believe no one is this blatantly stupid.....so must be a troll

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#1091 Mar 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical illiteracy.
Frankly, you aren't intelligent enough to bother debating this with. It would be like trying to teach algebra to a dog.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#1092 Mar 11, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
glad I am not the only one to see it. Not only did he attempt this with Columbus but also by bringing up the "author" of 1+1=2. I like to believe no one is this blatantly stupid.....so must be a troll
Yeh, it's typical. But keep posting though. Love your posts. It's great to have an ally in reason.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#1094 Mar 11, 2013
prince0fdarkness wrote:
"Don't blame God that you are Biblically illiterate."
I am biblically illeterate??? bwhahahhahahahahha... you are total m0ron dollarbill...
The Flat Earth
We know today that the earth has the shape of a slightly flattened sphere. Unlike evolution, the proofs of a spherical earth are known to every school child.[a] But the Bible contains passages that almost certainly show that its authors believed the world to be flat. Take, for instance, the following verses from the book of Daniel
Daniel 4:10-11
The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth; and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
A question naturally arises, where is the "end of the earth", this phrase only makes literal sense if the author believed the world to be flat. The context of the verse shows clearly that phrase "end of the earth" cannot be interpreted allegorically as "all over the world". On a sphere, there can be no object which can be seen everywhere from its surface: how many people in the southern hemisphere can see the north star? Thus a tree, even of infinite length, cannot be seen from everywhere in the world. So the only way a tree can be "visible to the end of the whole earth" is for the earth to have been flat. The author of the book of Daniel is a flat-earther.
<><
It was a "VISION" in the night Dipwad, full of figurative language! Did you ever have a dream about something which was not real? Such as flying like a bird?
<><
There are of course many other passages which refer to the "end of the earth" (Deuteronomy 13:7, 28:64, I Samuel 2:10, and Job 28:24)- all of which indicated the belief in a flat earth.
There is another passage which gives further support to the fact that the original authors of the Bible were flat earthers.
<><
Bulk wrap! "Ends of the earth" was a Hebraism for the "uttermost part."
<><
This one is from the book of Isaiah:
Isaiah 40:22
It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to dwell in;
The presence of the word circle [b] here has led some over enthusiastic Christians to solicit this passage as proof that the Bible tells of a spherical earth. This however is not the case. True, a circle and a sphere are both "round", but the shapes are not interchangeable. A coin is an example of a circular object, flat but circular. A tennis ball is an example of a spherical object. The shapes are different. Note further the use of the word tent to describe the sky. A tent is something you put on a flat surface. There has never been a tent that is a spherical object enveloping another spherical object, as is the earth's atmosphere which forms the bluish sky or heavens.
<><
It does not say the sky was a tent it was "spread out like a tent." Comparing the sky with something Isaiah's audience was familiar with. It does not say the sky was "like" a tent in every respect.
<><
The word translated circle means a vault or a dome.
<><
Figure 4.6 below shows what the author of Isaiah actually meant:[1]
<><
How does your idiot source know what Isaiah "actually meant?" Was he a mind reader 2700 years after the fact and half a world away?
<><
...In passing, it should come as no surprise that the last bulwark of flat-earthism is a fundamentalist biblical sect....
<><
Mindless objection! There are crack pots in every walk of life.
<><
Yes you are Biblically illiterate. All you can do is plagiarize from unidentifed atheists-r-us websites.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1095 Mar 11, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
There are claims and counter claims as to who discovered America. It matters not to me who actually did discover America, but when I think that America has so many fundie freaks like you contaminating the country, I sometimes wish that America had never been discovered at all!
Don't worry, even without fundies, AIDS and suicides are the demise of you gays. I think that you would be better off in Iraq, they are swift to end the gay disease.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1096 Mar 11, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh, it's typical. But keep posting though. Love your posts. It's great to have an ally in reason.
Your need is desperate.

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#1097 Mar 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
biblical love is the one where paedophilia is endorseed but consenting homosexuality is wrong.
<quoted text>
<><
Ache rock gush hit.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1098 Mar 11, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are too stupid to know if and when Columbus discovered America and to dumb to know the author of the proof of 1+1 =2. Don't forget the proof that the number 0 has a value. Yeah, you are too blatantly stupid to see how your acknowledgment is only that you are stupid. Since you bumped in, you are the sock troll. Oh yeah, you cliam that Yahoo ran you off. I don't blame them, they do no have a school for your retardation.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1099 Mar 11, 2013
cvor wrote:
<quoted text>
I made no claims about Columbus. So your post served as a complete distraction so you didn't have address my actual post which discredits you. I see there is no debating with you.
Still no original bible document...I can tell you that much.
You made an illogical fallacy and claimed that you needed documentation of the author of the Bible. So, if you need know documentation of the author of who really dsicovered America and how and who is the author of the proof that 1+1=2, then you are just a rote fool My post discredits your attempts at logic and your demonstration of your stupidity.

So, who is the author of the proof that 1+1=2.

You still don't even know how to count to 2. I see you are no match and clearly you have nothing to debate.

I bet you think that the SERENES who wrote the Dead Sea Scrolls, are some type of rock group, because you be stupid like that.
NoCal Resident

New York, NY

#1100 Mar 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Flush the homosexuals and the world is rid of paedophilia.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#1101 Mar 11, 2013
Gesundheit.
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
Ache rock gush hit.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#1102 Mar 11, 2013
Flush the paedophiles and the world is rid of priests.
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Flush the homosexuals and the world is rid of paedophilia.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#1103 Mar 11, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
It was a "VISION" in the night Dipwad, full of figurative language! Did you ever have a dream about something which was not real? Such as flying like a bird?
<><
<quoted text>
<><
Bulk wrap! "Ends of the earth" was a Hebraism for the "uttermost part."
<><
<quoted text>
<><
It does not say the sky was a tent it was "spread out like a tent." Comparing the sky with something Isaiah's audience was familiar with. It does not say the sky was "like" a tent in every respect.
<><
The word translated circle means a vault or a dome.
<><
<quoted text>
<><
How does your idiot source know what Isaiah "actually meant?" Was he a mind reader 2700 years after the fact and half a world away?
<><
<quoted text>
<><
Mindless objection! There are crack pots in every walk of life.
<><
Yes you are Biblically illiterate. All you can do is plagiarize from unidentifed atheists-r-us websites.
Your soooooooo funny!!!!!!!
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#1104 Mar 11, 2013
NoCal Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, idiot, it was you atheist idiots who claimed that the world was flat. Biblical scholars have long since said the world was a sphere.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dealing with homosexual child 5 hr arrow 2
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) 7 hr arrow 51
Dating Morals 9 hr arrow 17
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) Mon RiccardoFire 162
What Does the Word Say Mon dollarsbill 4
christianity is done. knowledge is power Sun dollarsbill 15
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) Apr 17 pelham2micci 526