How can a gay be a Christian??
little lamb

Rye, Australia

#896 Mar 8, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that nowhere in this passage that you cited does Peter claim that Paul's "letters" were "scripture." You see, it is you who is interpreting what Peter said. Further, in the NASB, the word “his” in verse 16 is written in italics, which mean that “his” did not appear in the earliest Greek manuscripts.
If I may very respectfully ask,“Are you familiar with a term called biblical criticism?”
Paul did claim that 2 Corinthians 3 [5-6] who {god] has indeed adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant.."

So he does claim that it is god who adequately qualifies him to share the message of the covenant that Jesus mediates.

And also Peter validates Pauls words as scripture

2 peter 3 15 -16]

.......just as our brother Paul wrote you.

..........many things hard to understand , which the untaught and unsteady are twisting , as they do the REST OF THE SCRIPTURES..."

Phrase ' REST OF THE SCRIPTURES ..is proof that Peter sees Pauls writings as scriptural
little lamb

Rye, Australia

#897 Mar 8, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I defend gays right to love whom they please. And by the way, God Almighty never claimed that he gave up gays, but rather this is one of those things that Paul claimed, right?
You are free to do whatever you like..But a Christian is about 'seeking the will of God"

And we also pray to God " that his will be done on earth as in heaven"

Paul teaches in ministering the new covenant to us ..that god writes his Law in our minds and hearts ...and Christians know the Law on homosexuality ..and God is our Law maker..no man is...and no man has the right to change the Law and substitute his own thinking as the Law..because then scripture tells us it becomes arbitrary Law.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#898 Mar 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
The opinions of a phony wannabe Catholic ...
Once again we see that the only thing Christians are truly good at is pointing out other Christians which aren't as good as they are.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#899 Mar 8, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes Nick isn't so bad at all. Sometimes he loses it.
I can see that......besides, what sort of incentive would he be able to give to someone for purchasing a slightly used brain.......lol!!!

#900 Mar 8, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul did claim that 2 Corinthians 3 [5-6] who {god] has indeed adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant.."
Well, it's obvious that Paul CLAIMED many things....but that doesn't mean any of them are true!!!!
little lamb

Australia

#901 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it's obvious that Paul CLAIMED many things....but that doesn't mean any of them are true!!!!
Takes FAITH..without FAITH it is impossible to please God.

Understand you are sharing you don't have FAITH in the scriptures ..that is your prerogative ..others do and it shows up in the results of ones life in the end.

We see in the world about us , the results of life without God , and the troubled waters as they become boisterous and foam over..and we taste God is good for ourselves when we 'taste his word and see it is good'

Many of us have what we call BC and AD..and we know how the change has affected us ..

And we are 'sent out with a message of good-news" some hear ..some don't that is not our area ..we just preach the WORD.

Somewhere in Ireland

#902 Mar 8, 2013
Allen Richards wrote:
<quoted text>
<><
The opinions of a phony wannabe Catholic is as meaningful to me as the scribblings on a public toilet wall. If people align themselves with atheists, agnostics and other assorted Bible haters, and parrot their views why do they cry when they are painted with the same brush?
Well Allen, if you determine that the scribblings on public toilet walls are not meaningful, then that suggests you must read them first to reach that conclusion. My, what an exciting life you have!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#903 Mar 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand you are sharing you don't have FAITH in the scriptures ..that is your prerogative ..others do and it shows up in the results of ones life in the end.
We see in the world about us , the results of life without God , and the troubled waters as they become boisterous and foam over..and we taste God is good for ourselves when we 'taste his word and see it is good'
Many of us have what we call BC and AD..and we know how the change has affected us ..
And we are 'sent out with a message of good-news" some hear ..some don't that is not our area ..we just preach the WORD.
God is pleased by our coming to have knowledge of the truth, and wanting to love as He loves us.
You know why?
Because He would have us know joy on earth as it is in Heaven.

#904 Mar 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that it does take an act of Faith to believe in God......I don't believe it takes an act of Faith to please God only because I don't think God is looking for us to please Him in order to show we believe in Him!!!

I don't think one's belief in scriptures has anything to do with any results showing up in the end......no one knows if a soul goes anywhere.....so, that is more wishful thinking on your part.....but that is your prerogative to believe anyway you want to!!!

Life is what it is with or without God in a person's life.......you can not honestly say that your life is better because you believe in God and other's is not because they believe differently.....seeing that God helps them who helps themselves per say......and that more prayers go unanswered than get answered!!!

The problem with "PREACHING" the word......is that what you believe is the "WORD"......I don't, however I do believe in God's message and that doesn't come from the place you get your "WORD" from!!!

I don't know about you, but I don't have any idea what things were like in BC and I don't know that since AD has begun, that things are bad because of Jesus supposedly dying!!!

There are many folks who live their life believing in God......yet, it doesn't mean they are richer for it or that life has been easy for them.......and sometimes when life is at it's most critical time and one just doesn't think they can handle one more major stress, it will usually come.......God tests us in many ways.......and I bet you don't even know what most of those tests are!!!
little lamb

Australia

#905 Mar 9, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I would agree that it does take an act of Faith to believe in God......I don't believe it takes an act of Faith to please God only because I don't think God is looking for us to please Him in order to show we believe in Him!!!
I don't think one's belief in scriptures has anything to do with any results showing up in the end......no one knows if a soul goes anywhere.....so, that is more wishful thinking on your part.....but that is your prerogative to believe anyway you want to!!!
Life is what it is with or without God in a person's life.......you can not honestly say that your life is better because you believe in God and other's is not because they believe differently.....seeing that God helps them who helps themselves per say......and that more prayers go unanswered than get answered!!!
The problem with "PREACHING" the word......is that what you believe is the "WORD"......I don't, however I do believe in God's message and that doesn't come from the place you get your "WORD" from!!!
I don't know about you, but I don't have any idea what things were like in BC and I don't know that since AD has begun, that things are bad because of Jesus supposedly dying!!!
There are many folks who live their life believing in God......yet, it doesn't mean they are richer for it or that life has been easy for them.......and sometimes when life is at it's most critical time and one just doesn't think they can handle one more major stress, it will usually come.......God tests us in many ways.......and I bet you don't even know what most of those tests are!!!
Well thank you for your views and what you think...

And thank you for realizing its my own prerogative to believe any way i desire..

I don't believe I said my life was better then others , what I did say is that I know what my life was B.C. "before Christ" and A,D "After dying" to self..and I have seen the results in my own life to know the Word of God is powerful

The fellow who wrote Amazing Grace , was a slave trader..and finding Christ and putting the Word of God to work in his life , brought about a change , in how he viewed human beings..only God has that sort of power to transform us..

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#906 Mar 9, 2013
The real question is how can anyone BE a Christian. The A.S.S (Ancient Stone Scribblings) are primitive myths and biases written by desperate and uneducated people. The "gospels" are anonymous writings that fit into story arcs of prior myths and lack any credibility. Whoever the real ""Jesus guy was -- it was not the man talked about in the A.S.S..

So why anyone calls themselves a Christian or pays any mind to ancient prejudices and hangups is beyond me.

The question asked is likened to asking how can Darth Vader like his steak well done. You don't know what a Christian is as there are no reliable records about him and the ones that do build him up to be a god -- a being not proven to even be possible! You may as well believe in Santa Clause if you believe the bible.

Location hidden

#907 Mar 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen the results in my own life to know the Word of God is powerful

..only God has that sort of power to transform us..
The Quran is powerful too. So is StarWars. Doens't mean it is REAL. These facts negate the second statement you made. Not only that but the underlying sentiment suggests people are not capable to change on their own. This is a poor view of mankind. This form of "religion" is nothing more than a cult that breaks down the person and brainwashes them. And of course the cult follower thinks it is OK...because they are "right" and follow the "true path".

Secaucus, NJ

#909 Mar 9, 2013
"And thank you for realizing its my own prerogative to believe any way i desire..
I don't believe I said my life was better then others , what I did say is that I know what my life was B.C. "before Christ" and A,D "After dying" to self..and I have seen the results in my own life to know the Word of God is powerful"
yes, lamb, you can believe in the tooth fairy as well... an intellectual attempts to prove their belief to separate reality from BS...there are 3000+ gods.... if you care to demonstrate something supernatural, you might be taken for real... until such time, you are a gullible dolt...

#910 Mar 9, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you for your views and what you think...
And thank you for realizing its my own prerogative to believe any way i desire..
I don't believe I said my life was better then others , what I did say is that I know what my life was B.C. "before Christ" and A,D "After dying" to self..and I have seen the results in my own life to know the Word of God is powerful
The fellow who wrote Amazing Grace , was a slave trader..and finding Christ and putting the Word of God to work in his life , brought about a change , in how he viewed human beings..only God has that sort of power to transform us..
Well, good for you........again, your right to believe as you want to......but remember that others also have the right to believe differently than you and it doesn't mean their life is better or worse just because they don't see things the way you do!!!

My religious beliefs are definitely mine and I know they don't involve reading or using a book to live by that mere mortal men wrote to make themselves appear more God like.......Peace!!!

Los Angeles, CA

#911 Mar 9, 2013
The majority of Christian religious leaders are gay and always have been.

After all, Jesus said "take my body and put it in your mouth, the drink my juices".

Pretty gay.
OKAY

Houston, TX

#912 Mar 9, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
The majority of Christian religious leaders are gay and always have been.
After all, Jesus said "take my body and put it in your mouth, the drink my juices".
Pretty gay.
I agree as all the Christian religious leaders I have known are very happy.

The ONLY thing 'gay' here is your post and name...is that some 'gay' connotation too?

r u gay?
OKAY

Houston, TX

#913 Mar 9, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a fallacy, Nick. How many times have you heard a fundie say 'I'm not condemning you, God is'? Preacherman has been known to refer to 'Bible/God'. If equating the Bible to God is not worshipping the Bible, what is?
God bless you.
Probably more like in reference to the GOD of the Bible.

Temecula, CA

#914 Mar 9, 2013
there are no gods, angels, devils, miracles,no heaven or hell or anything supernatural....plenty of weak minded ignorant idiots...

and prayers have been proven not work either....

Phoenix, AZ

#915 Mar 9, 2013
Time out for a verse from the Atheists book.

Your Mother and Father brought you into this world..Not God
Your demise will be decided by fate..Not God
You are on earth for one reason, and for one reason only, to procreate, and when your time is up you will be placed in the ground, or in an urn as ashes in exactly the same as the billions and billions of others who were on the earth before you and have died.
There is no Judgment. You have served your purpose. Why would a man be judged by a God who has overseen Tsunamis, untold wars, earthquakes, and not lifted a finger ?
Be kind, be thoughtful, be nice, be considerate to your fellow men. Do good deeds from the heart, not from the want of attention or personal gain, and do unto others as you would have done to yourself.
All these things are common sense, you have no need of a written word or a God to show you the way to lead a satisfactory life, we all know when we have done wrong
Do not waste your time being afraid of a mythical being that you cannot see, cannot touch, cannot speak to, to discuss why it was that your loved one had to die in a distant war somewhere, or why it is that babies are born crippled for life in his name.
Have no fear of dying. The only person you have to answer to is yourself, and what you failed to do in life, you certainly will not put right in death.

BOOK OF ATHEISM VERSE 1, CHAPTER 1.

Los Angeles, CA

#916 Mar 9, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree as all the Christian religious leaders I have known are very happy.
The ONLY thing 'gay' here is your post and name...is that some 'gay' connotation too?
r u gay?
If you think there's something gay about my name, then you must know a lot more about the gay lifestyle than I do.

It's a video game name I picked up back in Everquest ~15 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
failed prophecies 7 min Messianic114 814
Early Christianity 17 min ROG IS FAKE 1,371
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 1 hr -Prince of Darkness- 162
Turns Out 1 hr -Prince of Darkness- 196
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) 1 hr -Prince of Darkness- 761
What God Said About Barnsweb: 1 hr -Prince of Darkness- 71
Forum has gone to the dogs 1 hr -Prince of Darkness- 158
More from around the web