How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#739 Mar 5, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Gundee 123, I can tell from your posts that you are a kind and good hearted person, but Dickweedbills is a troll and your not dealing with a full deck.
Thank you for your very kind words. But I think that I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Location hidden

#740 Mar 5, 2013
FundiMENTALslayer wrote:
<quoted text>Where have you been? Its about time you showed back up!
I had to take care of a medical issue and grieve the loss of a loved one. Also, I am back in college pursing my master's degree in Education.

But whenever I get a moment, I plan to drop into the debates an offer my perspective.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#741 Mar 5, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Perhaps, you did not know that the NT hell does not exist as a literal place where people burn forever. And if you disagree, please enlighten me as to which of the 6 days of creation that God created it, if you would be so kind.
"the eternal fire"

Matthew 25:41 (ESV)
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#742 Mar 5, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Are you talking about the Paul who self-proclaimed that he met Jesus in a vision (not in the flesh) on the road to Damascus, yet gave two contradictory testimonies as to what transpired when they met," if you do not mind my asking?
I'm referring to Paul who wrote nearly half the NT.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#743 Mar 5, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
By the way, I am still waiting on that OT scripture that specifically condemns homosexuality.
Wait no more.

Leviticus 20:13 (NASB)
13 ~'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#744 Mar 5, 2013
FundiMENTALslayer wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you! Now we all know that the bible is NOT the "word of god"! You findies never cease to entertain me with your idiocy!
Paul called you "ignorant". He wrote nearly half the NT.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#745 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait no more.
13 ~'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Hi Billy boy, do you eat shrimp or lobster??

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#746 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul called you "ignorant". He wrote nearly half the NT.
Paul who, I will whop his azz.

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#747 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't. He gave you the choice. You choose Hell.
You seem to be trying very hard to convince everyone (yourself) that homosexuality is wrong and going to result in people going to Hell.

Which makes us wonder why?

I mean, the average Christian's opinion on homosexuality is about the same as their opinion on cheating on your taxes. "You probably shouldn't do that and don't tell me about it."

Meanwhile, here you are anonymously on the internet railing about the evils of homosexuality as if this message were the only thing keeping you from sucking a bag of dicks.

Honestly, get over your hang ups. You're gay. It's not your fault. It's not something you can fix. Go live your life

“Only Biblical methods will ”

Since: Apr 10

help bring others to Christ

#748 Mar 5, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be trying very hard to convince everyone (yourself) that homosexuality is wrong and going to result in people going to Hell.
I mean, the average Christian's opinion on homosexuality is about the same as their opinion on cheating on your taxes. "You probably shouldn't do that and don't tell me about it."
Meanwhile, here you are anonymously on the internet railing about the evils of homosexuality as if this message were the only thing keeping you from sucking a bag of dicks.
Honestly, get over your hang ups. You're gay. It's not your fault. It's not something you can fix. Go live your life
While I agree this can be one reason that people are adamantly against homosexuality, it is not the only reason someone may have a very negative reaction. A heterosexual who was sexually abused as a child by a same sex offender will typically also be adamantly against homosexuality. There are many other reasons as well.

I do not like to see those adamantly against homosexuality painted with the same broad brush that homosexuals are painted with. Neither is right and they are both knee jerk reactions that accomplish only negative goals. These reactions typically only stop any chance at positive communications that could actually resolve differences.

Location hidden

#749 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
"the eternal fire"
Matthew 25:41 (ESV)
41 “Then he will say to those on his left,‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
I trust that you know that when Jesus said,“Depart from me” at Mat 25:41, He was explicitly referring to those self-righteous people [hint] who would not help the poor, sick, homeless, and incarcerated, rather than homosexuals.

At any rate, the Greek word that was translated into English as “eternal” at Mat 25:41 is “aionion.” And since “aion”(G165) means “age” or a period of time, this word would be better translated as “age-lasting,” rather than “everlasting.” On the other hand, please know that according to this passage, the word “hell” is not mentioned anywhere, but rather the word “fire,” right?

Now, if you would like to know what particular fire that is being referenced, I encourage you to read Is 66:24, i.e.,““And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.” Jesus also referred to this unquenchable fire at Mark 9:48, i.e.,“where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.”
You see, this is the fire that burned in the valley of the sons of Hinnom (OT), which is translated into Greek as Gehenna and into English as “hell.” Perhaps, this is why you did not bother to answer my question regarding which of the 6 days did God create “hell,” right?

Location hidden

#750 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I'm referring to Paul who wrote nearly half the NT.
Yeap, the same Paul who persecuted Christians, right? And the only contradictory biblical evidence that we have that he met Jesus in a vision on the road to Damascus comes from none other than Paul himself, right?
At any rate, what I find to be particularly interesting is that Paul did not know that Jesus was supposedly born of a virgin who as impregnated by God. You see, he claimed that Jesus was made of the seed of man according to the flesh, i.e.,“Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh”(Rom 1:3).

Location hidden

#751 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Wait no more.
Before I respond to this post, I would like to know why you quote from different versions of the bible. You see, just as I thought that you used the ESV, I now see that you are quoting from the NASB.

At any rate, let us see what the Hebrew words are for “man” and “male,” i.e.,“iysh” and “zakar,” respectively. The first thing that I want you to notice is that these are two different words. However, you are interpreting them to be the same word, as in “if a man lies with another man,” right? But here is a newsflash for you: This verse does not use the same word twice, nor does these two words mean the same thing! In fact, the word “iysh” is used more than 2,100 times in the bible, but the word “zakar” is only used 86 times. While the word “iysh” can refer to any man in general, the word “zakar” is used to describe a specific type of man, i.e., a male who assumes the female position in a homosexual act during some type of sacred ritual. And it is this ritual that makes the act an abomination.

So, if you are attempting to use the scripture to universally forbid homosexuality, then I hope that you have a better verse that Lev 18:22 or Lev 20:13, with all due respect.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#753 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And for you:
Mark 9:47-48 (ESV)
47 And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, 48 ‘where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.’
Right back at ya :

Eccl. 9:10
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might

“Call sign: Apache One Six”

Since: Mar 11

US 62 @ US 81

#754 Mar 5, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Perhaps, you did not know that the NT hell does not exist as a literal place where people burn forever. And if you disagree, please enlighten me as to which of the 6 days of creation that God created it, if you would be so kind.
<><
Do we have to go through all that all over again? I could save us a lot of time by linking to my previous posts scripturally documenting the alternate viewpoint.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#755 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie from Satan. Nobody here worships the Bible.
That's obviously true about you, you seem to worship and idolize all 88 versions.......lol!!!

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#756 Mar 5, 2013
Seriously__ wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree this can be one reason that people are adamantly against homosexuality, it is not the only reason someone may have a very negative reaction. A heterosexual who was sexually abused as a child by a same sex offender will typically also be adamantly against homosexuality. There are many other reasons as well.
I do not like to see those adamantly against homosexuality painted with the same broad brush that homosexuals are painted with. Neither is right and they are both knee jerk reactions that accomplish only negative goals. These reactions typically only stop any chance at positive communications that could actually resolve differences.
Firstly, someone who is molested as a child shouldn't have anything against homosexuals, but rather pedophiles.

Homosexual men are not more likely than heterosexual men to engage in pedophilia of any kind, same sex or otherwise.

Secondly, that sort of a source for reaction would not bring about a biblical argument. It would be a crime based argument. When someone starts saying "God says you can't be gay", he's really saying "God says I can't be gay".

Speaking as a heterosexual male, I could give a crap if someone else is gay or not. I certainly don't need the advice of a pro-slavery, pro-rape goat herder on whether or not the guy next door is allowed to do what he likes in the privacy of his own home.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#757 Mar 5, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Billy boy, do you eat shrimp or lobster??
I simply answered a question.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#758 Mar 5, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Just warning.

Romans 12:19 (NKJV)
19 "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#759 Mar 5, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I trust that you know that when Jesus said,“Depart from me” at Mat 25:41, He was explicitly referring to those self-righteous people [hint] who would not help the poor, sick, homeless, and incarcerated, rather than homosexuals.
You will be held accountable for lying to gays. Their blood is on your hands.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, NOR HOMOSEXUALS, nor sodomites,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth is difficult, I understand. 43 min Jake999 41
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 5 hr Barmsweb 1,663
Faith during hard times 11 hr blacklagoon 107
the pauline paradox 14 hr susanblange 85
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 14 hr blacklagoon 142
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 16 hr Big Al 2,460
George Washington and the duty of prayer 17 hr Big Al 9
More from around the web