Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
Well, you're welcome, of course!
I replied to the person who posted the false information about you, as much to correct him, as to inform those who would read it, unaware it wasn't true.
And while I'm both pleased and humbled that you found my comment "inspiring", I'm not sure if "too kind" can be applied to simply stating facts!
Again, I thank you for your very kind words.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ”(Eph 6:5, NIV).
“All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered”(1 Tim 6:1).
“Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive”(Titus 2:9-10).
<quoted text>
Well,“Are you obedient to authorities when they approve same-sex marriage and abortions,” if you do not mind my asking?
<quoted text>
I don't mind answering your question...The fact is we are told ' all authority stands in its relative position by God...and he who takes a stand against the authority takes a stand against God'

Our God is a god of order and , he is in charge...usually he gives the people the sort of rulership they deserve...

Isaiah , tells us when a people leave God " And I shall make their boys their Princes and mere arbitrary power, will rule over them, and the people will actually tyrannize over one another.."

So when a Christian does take a stand against any authority it is because we must obey God as ruler rather then men...So passive resistance to an authority comes when an authority starts to exalt their position over God.

About slavery , Paul knew as most Christians know, that it is Christ who sets the captive free...

the same order is maintained...a Christian becomes a better person, no matter what position they are in...

and it is our God who elevates a man or debases a man...we trust our God when we become reconciled to him through Christ , because we learn a valuable lesson

' i have seen slaves on horseback and Kings walking the earth like slaves"

it tells us what really makes a King..

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
calling people homophobia is a tactic to intimidate Christians not to speak out against sin..
Homophobia is actually fear of men..that is what people have become because of being frightened by ' men'
fear of God gives strength to speak out without being fearful of their labeling.
So cut out name calling people homophobic because they are brave enough to speak the truth.
little lamb: "calling people homophobia is a tactic to intimidate Christians not to speak out against sin.."

If the shoe fits.....
Homophobia is the precise term describing the unreasoning fear and antipathy TOWARD homosexuals and homosexuality that many Christians demonstrate here.
If being called "homophobic" intimidates them, it's because it's the truth they don't want to hear. OR know.

little lamb: "Homophobia is actually fear of men..."

No, it is NOT.
It is the fear or hatred of SAME-SEX SEX.
Look it up in any dictionary.
HOMOPHOBIA is an intense hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexuality.
HOMINOPHOBIA is the fear of men, of mankind in general.
Androphobia is the fear of males.
Arrhenophobia is the fear of male offspring.

little lamb: "fear of God gives strength to speak out without being fearful of their labeling".

Then WHY are you complaining about it?

little lamb: "So cut out name calling people homophobic because they are brave enough to speak the truth."

And just as I explained, NOW you know BETTER,.....
Calling them "homophobic" IS the truth.

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
I don't mind answering your question...The fact is we are told ' all authority stands in its relative position by God...and he who takes a stand against the authority takes a stand against God'
“Are you speaking to manmade laws vs divine laws,” if you do not mind my asking? And if so,“Are you supposed to obey divine laws whenever manmade laws are contrary to them?”
little lamb wrote:
Our God is a god of order and , he is in charge...usually he gives the people the sort of rulership they deserve...
Wow! So, when the 2004 tsunami killed about 150,000 people and injured about 500,000, this was the work of your God of order and in charge, right?
little lamb wrote:
Isaiah , tells us when a people leave God " And I shall make their boys their Princes and mere arbitrary power, will rule over them, and the people will actually tyrannize over one another.."
I thought that the Prophet Isaiah was specifically addressing the tribe of Judah, right?
little lamb wrote:
So when a Christian does take a stand against any authority it is because we must obey God as ruler rather then men...So passive resistance to an authority comes when an authority starts to exalt their position over God.
If this is true, then please explain why Christians do not take a stand against people who not only work on the Sabbath, but also changed the Sabbath from the 7th day to the 1st day of the week.
little lamb wrote:
About slavery , Paul knew as most Christians know, that it is Christ who sets the captive free...
Well, here in the United States, it wasn’t Jesus, but rather manmade laws that set them free.
little lamb wrote:
the same order is maintained...a Christian becomes a better person, no matter what position they are in...
Once again, slavery is evil, regardless of who is inflicting it against another group of people.
little lamb wrote:
and it is our God who elevates a man or debases a man...we trust our God when we become reconciled to him through Christ , because we learn a valuable lesson
' i have seen slaves on horseback and Kings walking the earth like slaves"
it tells us what really makes a King..
With all due respect, the bible was used to support and defend slavery. In fact, the first British slave ship to arrive in the Americas was called the Good Ship Jesus.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
Wow! So, when the 2004 tsunami killed about 150,000 people and injured about 500,000, this was the work of your God of order and in charge, right?.
I believe Jesus answers that...

luke 13 [3]
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And Jesus answering said to them, Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.

[4]4Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelled in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.

Ps ..one of the songs used for the black rights' march ..was we shall 'overcome'

the words ' like a tree standing by the water side..' come from scripture.

Use Jesus to gain your rights then chuck him out when you get them..

as scripture states 'i see slaves riding horses'..all the apparel on the outside of being free and mighty but inside..????
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
little lamb: "calling people homophobia is a tactic to intimidate Christians not to speak out against sin.."
If the shoe fits.....
Homophobia is the precise term describing the unreasoning fear and antipathy TOWARD homosexuals and homosexuality that many Christians demonstrate here.
If being called "homophobic" intimidates them, it's because it's the truth they don't want to hear. OR know.
little lamb: "Homophobia is actually fear of men..."
No, it is NOT.
It is the fear or hatred of SAME-SEX SEX.
Look it up in any dictionary.
HOMOPHOBIA is an intense hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexuality.
HOMINOPHOBIA is the fear of men, of mankind in general.
Androphobia is the fear of males.
Arrhenophobia is the fear of male offspring.
little lamb: "fear of God gives strength to speak out without being fearful of their labeling".
Then WHY are you complaining about it?
little lamb: "So cut out name calling people homophobic because they are brave enough to speak the truth."
And just as I explained, NOW you know BETTER,.....
Calling them "homophobic" IS the truth.
Fear of God is the start of wisdom..and in his new covenant he has written '

1 Corinthians 6:9

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men."

Are you one of those people who are EASILY DECEIVED???

By the way

genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans...is the meaning of homo.

phobia is a fear...

it has only be coined recently, and grasped by homosexuals to mean what you suggest but the word meaning itself means fear of man.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of God is the start of wisdom..and in his new covenant he has written '
1 Corinthians 6:9
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men."
Are you one of those people who are EASILY DECEIVED???
By the way
genus (Homo) of hominids that includes modern humans...is the meaning of homo.
phobia is a fear...
it has only be coined recently, and grasped by homosexuals to mean what you suggest but the word meaning itself means fear of man.
Jesus said you are going to hell because you are not his disciple.

Jesus said you are not a Christian.

Luke, Chapter 14, 33: So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
luke 13 [3]
There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And Jesus answering said to them, Suppose you that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
[4]4Or those eighteen, on whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think you that they were sinners above all men that dwelled in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, No: but, except you repent, you shall all likewise perish.
Ps ..one of the songs used for the black rights' march ..was we shall 'overcome'
as scripture states 'i see slaves riding horses'..all the apparel on the outside of being free and mighty but inside..????
Well, since you believe it, then that settles it (for you that is), right? At any rate, slavery was created by man, not God.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you believe it, then that settles it (for you that is), right? At any rate, slavery was created by man, not God.
God allowed it ...

After all sin and death came into the world through one man and thus death spread to all men....

And in breaking Gods Law came the curse.

And don't forget you are on this thread to encourage the breaking of Gods Law on men laying with men the same as a woman...encouraging men to become sexual slaves to other men.

you are encouraging the slave trade of men using other men...
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Like to share with others, that the 'homosexual'

community have translated the scriptures from the King James Version into a Bible for themselves.

They changed the wording of eight verses in the scriptures...all to do with Gods Law on homosexuality.

They have only one problem however, and that is in the word ' fornication' which is sex outside marriage..

And this is why this great push is going on to make homosexual marriage legal in Law.

To do this they have to convince people and governments that homosexuality is not a sin..so to do this they rewrite scripture and present a bible that is hazy about it ..

they are trying to present the sin of homosexuality as ritual 'sex' in some temple to Molech..which is deplorable as the Israelites were not to have strange gods before Gods face , let alone be in a foreign temple in the first place, having anykind of sex ...

The one scripture they changed in Romans where God says " the man left off the natural use of the woman , and burned in lust toward one another .'

They added the word 'ritual' lust..meaning their lust for another man as some sort of 'ritual'..had to laugh as they really can't disguise it..

.God has a way of shining right through their deception , ritual or not , it is and abhorrent act.
Prophet of Jesus Christ

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
luke 13 [3]
little lamb vs THE COMMANDMENT OF JESUS CHRIST

Luke, Chapter 14, 33: So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

YOU HAVE NOT FORSAKEN ALL YOU HAVE AS according to the word of Christ.

Therefore you are not and never have been a follower of Christ.

Because to do that Christ said you had to be His disciple.

And to be His disciple He said you had to forsake ALL that you have.

TO WHICH YOU HAVE NEVER DONE.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Why does your bible not state that paedophilia is a sin?

Sort your priorities out, closet job.
Pope Benedict Arnold wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Let me see if I understand you correctly. It appears that you are asserting that homosexuality is not a sick and detestable sin because it is not mentioned in the OT. On the other hand, I think that you would concede that the God of All send His Son to be the law in the NT and that Son referenced the OT laws. "Are you suggesting that the laws in Leviticus against homosexuality do not exist."
Certainly, you will chime that they were in regards to temple priest prostitution, which would mean that incest, bestiality and pedophilia prohibitions are only for temple priest prostitutes.
Now you must concede that if God regarded both in the OT and NT, that it could not have been because of temple prostitution in either the OT or NT.
But, if you do not find homosexual acts detestable and a sin, please explain why God said that all sex not between a married man and woman is fornication. That said, then even if we say that homosexuality is okay, then the act would still remain a sin and detestable.

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Burwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

Old Lady from Pasadena wrote:
<quoted text>Because homosexuality and paedophilia are the same sin.
Are you a retard or what.

Would you punish a homosexual the same as you would a sick, perverted child molester?(Such as yourself)

Why bother with the pathetic aliases. Get yourself some help
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Sceptical_Mal wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a retard or what.
Would you punish a homosexual the same as you would a sick, perverted child molester?(Such as yourself)
Why bother with the pathetic aliases. Get yourself some help
She is right ..no other sin did God say was an 'abomination'

And what we notice that the same excuses homosexuals use for why they are the way they are is exactly the same excuses, the pedophile uses.

The Pedophile, states he is born that way , and can't help himself..yet mankind does not accept that excuse for him, that he can be born that way...So what is being shown , is how practice of a sin can enslave a person.

Over here in Australia.. they have just banned a pro-gay advertisement, where a couple were told they were going to have a baby ' lesbian'

The ban was placed on the add, because it was seen a ' sexualizing' children...and that is exactly what the homosexual lobby is about with its media presentations of the homosexual lifestyle..sexualizing peoples little children

" let the little children come to me ' says Jesus ..not let the little children come to be sexualized into homosexuality.

“Atheism is the right choice”

Since: Jun 12

Burwood, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Apologies I kinda messed up the quote in the post above.

My comments are interspersed amongst little lambs.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
She is right ..no other sin did God say was an 'abomination'
And what we notice that the same excuses homosexuals use for why they are the way they are is exactly the same excuses, the pedophile uses.
The Pedophile, states he is born that way , and can't help himself..yet mankind does not accept that excuse for him, that he can be born that way...So what is being shown , is how practice of a sin can enslave a person.
Over here in Australia.. they have just banned a pro-gay advertisement, where a couple were told they were going to have a baby ' lesbian'
The ban was placed on the add, because it was seen a ' sexualizing' children...and that is exactly what the homosexual lobby is about with its media presentations of the homosexual lifestyle..sexualizing peoples little children
" let the little children come to me ' says Jesus ..not let the little children come to be sexualized into homosexuality.
Pedophilia is not a sexual orientation.
Being homosexual is not a sin.
The abomination was the use of a sexual ritual during pagan worship.
Being homosexual is not about wishing to have sex with children.

My goodness, you are either very ignorant or very deceitful.
Tall Guy

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Pedophilia is not a sexual orientation.
Being homosexual is not a sin.
The abomination was the use of a sexual ritual during pagan worship.
Being homosexual is not about wishing to have sex with children.
My goodness, you are either very ignorant or very deceitful.
Matthew 19:4-6
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

If Being homosexual is not a sin, Gay sex IS A SIN. It is sexual immorality and fornication. All sex outside of marriage is sexual immorality. The bible no where condones causal sex with people you love, God designed sex to be within the confines of marriage only.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Tall Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:4-6
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 And He answered and said to them,“Have you not read that He who made[a] them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said,‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
If Being homosexual is not a sin, Gay sex IS A SIN. It is sexual immorality and fornication. All sex outside of marriage is sexual immorality. The bible no where condones causal sex with people you love, God designed sex to be within the confines of marriage only.
There are at least eight different types of marriage mentioned in scripture.
Can you name them?
Disciple

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>There are at least eight different types of marriage mentioned in scripture.
Can you name them?
Can you name the 8 types????

Stop making excuses for gays and their sexual sins.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Disciple:
Type 1: The standard nuclear family: God is recorded as promoting the this type of marriage in Genesis 2:18: Referring to Adam, "...the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." (King James Version - KJV) "Help meet" also appears in the Jerusalem Bible. It is translated "helper" in many other translations (e.g. Amplified Bible, An American Translation, James Moffatt Translation, New American Standard Bible, New Century Version, New International Version, New World Translation, Revised Standard Bible, Young's Literal Translation.) The Living Bible, New Living Translation, and Today's English Version use a phrase like "a suitable companion to help him."
The original Hebrew word, when used to refer to humans, implies a partnership of two equals, rather than a relationship between persons of unequal status. "Co-worker" or "equal partner" might be a better translation. The Contemporary English Version, New American Bible, and Revised English Bible use the more accurate term "partner" indicating an equal status between Adam and Eve.
Genesis 2:24 describes how a man leaves his family of origin, joins with a woman. They consummate the marriage, and live as a couple. There were quite a few differences between the customs and laws of contemporary North Americans and of ancient Israelites. In ancient Israel:
Inter-faith marriages were theoretically forbidden. However, they were sometimes formed most notably by Solomon.
Children of inter-faith marriages were considered illegitimate.
Marriages were generally arranged by family or friends. They did not result from a gradually evolving, loving relationship that developed during a period of courtship.
A bride who had been presented as a virgin and who could not be proven to be one was stoned to death by the men of her village.(Deuteronomy 22:13-21) There appears to have been no similar penalty for men who engaged in consensual pre-marital sexual activity.
Type 2: Levirate Marriage: The name of this type of marriage is derived from the Latin word "levir," which means "brother-in-law." It is called "yibbum" in Hebrew. This involved a woman who was widowed without having borne a son. She would be required to leave her home, marry her brother-in-law, live with him, and engage in sexual relations. If there were feelings of attraction and love between the woman and her new husband, this arrangement could be quite agreeable to both. Otherwise, the woman would have to endure what was essentially serial rapes with her former brother-in-law as perpetrator. Their first-born son was considered to be sired by the deceased husband. Before the details of conception were determined, such a belief made a lot of sense. It lives on in some version of Sharia law among Muslims which state that a woman can conceive any time up to seven years after engaging in intercourse.
In Genesis 38:6-10, Tamar's husband Er was killed by God for unspecified sinful behavior. Er's brother, Onan, was then required by custom to marry Tamar. Not wanting to have a child who would not be considered his, he engaged in an elementary (and quite unreliable) method of birth control: coitus interruptus. God appears to have given a very high priority to the levirate marriage obligation. Being very displeased with Onan's behavior, God executed him as well.
Ruth 4 reveals that a man would be required to enter into a levirate marriage not only with his late brother's widow, but with a widow to whom he was the closest living relative.
Deuteronomy 25:9-10 describes a process called "halizah" whereby a man can refuse to marry the widow in a levirate marriage. The widow spits in his face, and takes one of his shoes. He is humiliated from that time onwards by being referred to within his community as "the one without a shoe." As one might expect from the low status of women in ancient Hebrew society, there was no mechanism by which the widow could opt-out of a levirite marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 min COOTERDOG 10,739
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 5 min Nc resident 1,315
Is This Wrong? 1 hr Old-Fashioned Still 2
BIBLE CONTRADICTION: Mark 4:11-12, 2 Peter 3:9 1 hr messianic114 22
A Message from Nettie 1 hr COOTERDOG 850
Hello. From Japan 3 hr AAAM 4
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 3 hr AAAM 85
•••
•••