How can a gay be a Christian??
little lamb

Australia

#5095 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are free to read and interpret the account as you please.
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree that Jesus did not give any commandment to Ananias on the road to Demascus, but rather He allegedly gave to contradictory commandments to Paul, according to Luke’s two different accounts. You see, at Acts 22:10, Luke claimed that Jesus commandment Paul,“... Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.” And it was in the Damascus where Paul received his instructions from Ananias at Acts 22:12-16, i.e.,“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”
<quoted text>
Yes, Ananais healed Paul, but he also (according to Luke’s account) informed Paul that the God of their fathers had chosen him to witness unto all men, right? But please do not take my word for it, but rather read the above passage for yourself, provided that you do have confidence in your reading abilities, with all due respect.
Now, the reason that I claim that there is a contradiction is simply because in the above passage, Paul received His instructions from Ananias. However, according to Luke’s account at Acts 26:16-18, Paul allegedly received his instructions from Jesus Himself, i.e.,“But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
Nonetheless, if you believe that Paul only received his instructions from Jesus, then you are free to ignore what Acts 22:10 explicitly says, right?
I still see no contradiction...Ananias obviously had to inform Paul on the steps to be a Christian...Paul would have needed instruction on the significance of baptism, and how the Holy Spirit ministers through Gods chosen vessels...

Jesus instructed Paul that he intended to use him...and Ananias
instructed him in what was essential for his ministry

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

#5096 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
I still see no contradiction...Ananias obviously had to inform Paul on the steps to be a Christian...Paul would have needed instruction on the significance of baptism, and how the Holy Spirit ministers through Gods chosen vessels...
Jesus instructed Paul that he intended to use him...and Ananias
instructed him in what was essential for his ministry
Well, since you do not see a contradiction here, then I most respectfully submit that we can agree to disagree(smile).
little lamb

Australia

#5097 Jul 3, 2013
Like to share how Gundee approaches the fact about men laying with men is breaking Gods Law..

He starts off by saying the 'word' homosexual' is not in the scriptures.

Then people show him where it states men laying with men is an abomination.

then he says are not Christians supposed to love

Then people show him where Paul tells us not to be misled,men laying with men or being kept for unnatural purposes will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Then he questions Paul's credentials as a minister of a new covenant.

then if ones establish that Peter backs Paul up . by

Because Peter tells us pauls letters have the wisdom of God, and that things hard to understand are in them..that the untaught and unsteady are twisting to their destruction..

Which means he also throws dispersions on PETERS word as well..

When that is pointed out

He then attacks all the scriptures.

As he then plainly shows us by his own words that Peter really knew what he was talking about

Peter said those who twist Paul's letters ,,,are LAWDEFYING.

Here is gundee showing he is LAW DEFYING AGAINST the MOST HIGH GOD...in plain sight , showing the correctness of PETER'S writings.

Peter has you worked out Gundee..with all due respects [ smile]
Thinking

York, UK

#5098 Jul 3, 2013
Is "Peter said" proof of anything?
little lamb wrote:
Like to share how Gundee approaches the fact about men laying with men is breaking Gods Law..
Then people show him where Paul tells us not to be misled,men laying with men or being kept for unnatural purposes will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
Because Peter tells us pauls letters have the wisdom of God, and that things hard to understand are in them..that the untaught and unsteady are twisting to their destruction..
When that is pointed out
As he then plainly shows us by his own words that Peter really knew what he was talking about
Here is gundee showing he is LAW DEFYING AGAINST the MOST HIGH GOD...in plain sight , showing the correctness of PETER'S writings.
little lamb

Australia

#5099 Jul 3, 2013
like to bring up the fact that Gundee also seems to blame god for slavery..

But guess what I found out..

Paul tells us ' not to be confined again in a yoke of slavery'

and to
" stop becoming the slaves of men"

seem,s men themselves put their own necks into a yoke

And Psalm tells us Ps 107 [10-11]

' there were those dwelling in darkness and deep shadow

prisoners in affliction and irons

For they had behaved rebelliously against the sayings of God.'

" and the counsel of the Most High they had disrespected'

So it appears through their own conduct and disbelief, they put their own necks into slavery and with it their children..

Some men just repeat the error of their forefathers.

they put men to rule them on Gods throne and of course they will never have true freedom..when another man makes their Law for them.

Spring Hill, FL

#5100 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Well, why you are sharing how I approach this issue, please take the time to actual read what is the KJV bible specifically states. And then you will find that neither Lev 18:22 nor Lev 20:13 says anything about “men laying with men.” but rather that both verses refer to men lying with mankind, right? But please do not take my word for it, but rather read both of these passages for yourself as follows:

“Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination”(Lev 18:22).

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them”(Lev 20:13).

Now, if you do your own research (instead of being blinded by what you believe that God said or meant), you will find that the Hebrew word for man is simply “iysh,” whereas the Hebrew word for mankind is “zakar,” and that zakar (H2145) is only translated as mankind in two places in the entire KJV of the bible, i.e., Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13. So, I challenge you to find out why zakar is translated as “mankind” in only these two places and what does this word actually denotes.
little lamb wrote:
Which is true simply because the word homosexual was coined more than 1,000 years after the scripture was written, right?
little lamb wrote:
Once again, the KJV does not say “men lying with men,” but rather “men (iysh) lying with mankind (zakar),” right?
little lamb wrote:
Well, as long as you follow Paul, instead of Jesus, you should be in great shape, right?
little lamb wrote:
Well, I find it very interesting that Paul often contradicts Jesus,“Do you,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
“Are you speaking of the same Peter who claimed that Jesus was hung from a tree, rather than a cross,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
Wow! I find it incredible that you would give more credence what Paul or Peter claim, yet minimize what Jesus said in reference to homosexuality. Perhaps, this is simply because Jesus was completely silent on the issue, right?
little lamb wrote:
When that is pointed out
If point out what the scripture actually says, rather than blindly believing what men claim is attacking the scripture, then I am guilty as charged.
little lamb wrote:
Once again, you would rather quote what man (Peter and Paul) say over what Jesus said, right?

Spring Hill, FL

#5101 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
like to bring up the fact that Gundee also seems to blame god for slavery..
No, I do not blame God for slavery, even though He endorsed. You see, it was man (not God) who carried out this most horrendous and inhumane way of treating people, using based on their being what the major considered different.
little lamb wrote:
But guess what I found out..
Paul tells us ' not to be confined again in a yoke of slavery'
and to
" stop becoming the slaves of men"
seem,s men themselves put their own necks into a yoke
Once again, keeping people in bondage, oppression, captivity, and subservient to those in power is endorsed by Paul.
little lamb wrote:
And Psalm tells us Ps 107 [10-11]
' there were those dwelling in darkness and deep shadow
prisoners in affliction and irons
For they had behaved rebelliously against the sayings of God.'
" and the counsel of the Most High they had disrespected'
So it appears through their own conduct and disbelief, they put their own necks into slavery and with it their children..
Some men just repeat the error of their forefathers.
they put men to rule them on Gods throne and of course they will never have true freedom..when another man makes their Law for them.
Please know that slavery has no place in a civilized society, regardless of what the bible says, in my humble opinion and with all due respect (smile).
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#5102 Jul 3, 2013
Wake Up folks and stop defending this sick and detestable sin.

HOMOSEXUALITY IS SEXUAL IMMORALITY!!!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Romans 1:24-32
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[b] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Scripture is quite clear, homosexuality is wrong and it is sexual immorality and sexual immorality applies to gay and straight as a sin that one must repent from.

Spring Hill, FL

#5103 Jul 3, 2013
Ant wrote:
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[b] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
Scripture is quite clear, homosexuality is wrong and it is sexual immorality and sexual immorality applies to gay and straight as a sin that one must repent from.
Wow! Let me see if I can understand you correctly. It appears that you are asserting that homosexuality is a sick and detestable sin because the NT says so. On the other hand, I think that you would concede that the God of Israel established His laws in the OT, right? If so,“Are you now suggesting that God forgot or simply omitted His law against homosexuality in the OT,” if you do not mind my asking? Thus, God decided to tell chosen people what His intent was through the number one persecutor of the followers of His son, right?
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#5104 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Let me see if I can understand you correctly. It appears that you are asserting that homosexuality is a sick and detestable sin because the NT says so. On the other hand, I think that you would concede that the God of Israel established His laws in the OT, right? If so,“Are you now suggesting that God forgot or simply omitted His law against homosexuality in the OT,” if you do not mind my asking? Thus, God decided to tell chosen people what His intent was through the number one persecutor of the followers of His son, right?
The NT laws are based on the OT laws and most of them are repeated right out of the OT. Like I said homosexuality is sexual immorality, because God made woman for man and 2 men/2 women can even do the very 1rst command in the Torah of be fruitful and multiply.

Being Gay might not be the actual sin, but when they go through with their sexual desires, it is now sexual immorality, because it is sex outside of marriage and God will never recognize gay marriages ever.
little lamb

Australia

#5105 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

Wow! I thought that Jesus was God’s only begotten son, whereas Israel was Abraham second born son.

<quoted text>
Exodus 4 22 'And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh: Thus says Jehovah: Israel is My son, My first-born. "

Just as encouragement to other Christian . Israel through scripture was called gods holy 'seed'

That is why Nehemiah made the Israelites put away from them all foreign wives..because they had to keep Israels 'seed' holy.

And when Jesus arrived Paul tells us in Galatians that the 'seed'[Israel] is singular 'seed not seeds and is fulfilled in Christ

That is why we are all ONE PERSON in Christ..because there is neither male nor female , Jew nor Greek nor slave or freeman...but we are ONE in Christ.

outside Christ there certainly is disunity.

But we are in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, between God and men..we Christians are the Israel of God..

However God has not finished with Jacob yet as he is yet to come into the covenant relationship with Jehovah.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#5106 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 4 22 'And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh: Thus says Jehovah: Israel is My son, My first-born. "
Just as encouragement to other Christian . Israel through scripture was called gods holy 'seed'
That is why Nehemiah made the Israelites put away from them all foreign wives..because they had to keep Israels 'seed' holy.
And when Jesus arrived Paul tells us in Galatians that the 'seed'[Israel] is singular 'seed not seeds and is fulfilled in Christ
That is why we are all ONE PERSON in Christ..because there is neither male nor female , Jew nor Greek nor slave or freeman...but we are ONE in Christ.
But we are in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, between God and men..we Christians are the Israel of God..
However God has not finished with Jacob yet as he is yet to come into the covenant relationship with Jehovah.
You are all over the place with this one. No cohesion. One in Christ... no heterosexual, no homosexual. Do YOU believe Jesus is God? Or...Are you a Jehovah Witness?
little lamb

Australia

#5107 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not blame God for slavery, even though He endorsed. You see, it was man (not God) who carried out this most horrendous and inhumane way of treating people, using based on their being what the major considered different.
<quoted text>
Once again, keeping people in bondage, oppression, captivity, and subservient to those in power is endorsed by Paul.
<quoted text>
Please know that slavery has no place in a civilized society, regardless of what the bible says, in my humble opinion and with all due respect (smile).
No you have the wrong end of the stick...you blame others for slavery..not so..Paul teaches men themselves confine themselves into yokes of slavery ,

And you lie against Paul because he preached Christ crucified..which is the price paid to release men from captivity to sin..

Its your reasonings of independence from God that places men into slavery to other men

you see as Christians we are to be obedient to authorities; because we know God is the one that places them in their relative position

You take away God from the man who is in authority and then he starts to develop a big head..no longer seeing himself as a servant to the people but seeing people as a servant to him

I believe your Kennedy did just that ..when he said " Don't ask what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country'

Just take 'country out and you can see he means 'government'

Its a shift from the government being the slave of God for ministering to people..to people becoming vassals of the state.,,slaves..for that is where slavery started in city states..as rulers needed slaves to build with brick and mortar their big edifices.,,and fund their war machines to protect their ownerships.
little lamb

Australia

#5108 Jul 3, 2013
Ant wrote:
Amen..expect flack...but you are right on.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#5109 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Janeebee, for your inspiring words. You are too kind.
Well, you're welcome, of course!
I replied to the person who posted the false information about you, as much to correct him, as to inform those who would read it, unaware it wasn't true.
And while I'm both pleased and humbled that you found my comment "inspiring", I'm not sure if "too kind" can be applied to simply stating facts!

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#5110 Jul 3, 2013
Ant wrote:
YOU wake up. Stop championing this sick-minded, detestable homophobia.
SEXUALITY IS NOT IMMORAL.
BEING homosexual is no more a sin than BEING heterosexual.

Ant..... is that short for anti-Christ?
little lamb

Australia

#5111 Jul 4, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU wake up. Stop championing this sick-minded, detestable homophobia.
SEXUALITY IS NOT IMMORAL.
BEING homosexual is no more a sin than BEING heterosexual.
Ant..... is that short for anti-Christ?
calling people homophobia is a tactic to intimidate Christians not to speak out against sin..

Homophobia is actually fear of men..that is what people have become because of being frightened by ' men'

fear of God gives strength to speak out without being fearful of their labeling.

So cut out name calling people homophobic because they are brave enough to speak the truth.

Spring Hill, FL

#5112 Jul 4, 2013
Ant wrote:
The NT laws are based on the OT laws and most of them are repeated right out of the OT.
If you would be so kind, please list a couple of these NT laws that are repetitions of the OT laws, and then list a few that are actually new laws from God, rather than Paul.
Ant wrote:
Like I said homosexuality is sexual immorality, because God made woman for man and 2 men/2 women can even do the very 1rst command in the Torah of be fruitful and multiply.
If it is your argument that sexual intercourse is limited to procreation, then we must reconsider many heterosexual relationships. Or perhaps, you were not aware than many heterosexuals couples are unable and/or unwilling to procreate, i.e., be fruitful and multiply, right?

Furthermore, I will assure you that most sexual encounters between heterosexual couples are not perform with the intent of being fruitful and multiplying. In fact, less than 1 percent of heterosexual encounters lead to live births.
Ant wrote:
Being Gay might not be the actual sin, but when they go through with their sexual desires, it is now sexual immorality, because it is sex outside of marriage and God will never recognize gay marriages ever.
Nowhere in any of God’s commandments did He ever state that sex outside of a marriage is a sin. And if you disagree, please cite the specific verse that will invalidate my claim, if you would be so kind.

Spring Hill, FL

#5113 Jul 4, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Please know that first-born does not necessary mean conception, but rather often refer to the closeness with God. Besides, it is written that “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life”(John 3:16).
little lamb wrote:
Once again, you are quoting what Paul said, rather than what Jesus taught, right?
little lamb wrote:
Well, actually there is also disunity within the body of Christ, i.e., the church, right?
little lamb wrote:
According to Paul, right?
little lamb wrote:
Really?

Spring Hill, FL

#5114 Jul 4, 2013
little lamb wrote:
No you have the wrong end of the stick...you blame others for slavery..not so..Paul teaches men themselves confine themselves into yokes of slavery ,
Please know that I am not blaming anyone, but rather simply identified those who were pro-slavery.
little lamb wrote:
And you lie against Paul because he preached Christ crucified..which is the price paid to release men from captivity to sin..
Lie? Well, here is what Paul explicitly said about slavery:
“Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ”(Eph 6:5, NIV).

“All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God’s name and our teaching may not be slandered”(1 Tim 6:1).

“Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive”(Titus 2:9-10).
little lamb wrote:
Its your reasonings of independence from God that places men into slavery to other men
you see as Christians we are to be obedient to authorities; because we know God is the one that places them in their relative position
Well,“Are you obedient to authorities when they approve same-sex marriage and abortions,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
You take away God from the man who is in authority and then he starts to develop a big head..no longer seeing himself as a servant to the people but seeing people as a servant to him
I believe your Kennedy did just that ..when he said " Don't ask what the country can do for you, but what you can do for the country'
And with all due respect,“What happened to Kennedy when he advocated Civil Rights,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
Just take 'country out and you can see he means 'government'
Its a shift from the government being the slave of God for ministering to people..to people becoming vassals of the state.,,slaves..for that is where slavery started in city states..as rulers needed slaves to build with brick and mortar their big edifices.,,and fund their war machines to protect their ownerships.
Once again, the bible both supported and endorsed slavery, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religious Freedom 39 min River Tam 110
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 48 min par five 226
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 4 hr River Tam 165
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 hr Sceptical_Mal 19,897
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr 2all 2,571
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 9 hr Big Al 238
all religions are myths and fictions 10 hr Passing thru 50
More from around the web