How can a gay be a Christian??
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#5070 Jul 1, 2013
Sparkle_is_stripper wrote:
why do Christians worship a serial killing rapist god who makes osams binladen look like a boy scout
Your mind is funked-up.
Get off the drugs.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#5073 Jul 1, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Yes, those two people are hypocrites.
You, being a pagan, are not under the guidance of the Spirit. Though by natural law you still condemn yourself by your lifestyle.
Wow! I thought that you knew that Christianity has adopted many of the pagan beliefs. At any rate, what specific lifestyle are your referring to, if you do not mind my asking?
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#5074 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>your Christian god you worship is a serial murderer and rapist. The so called “God” of the Bible makes Osama Bin Laden look like a Boy Scout. This God, according to the Bible, is directly responsible for many mass-murders, rapes, pillage, plunder, slavery, child abuse and killing, not to mention the killing of unborn children. It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”. For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21). God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3). He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses”(Joshua 6). In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody! In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. maybe you should fight your murderous god
hhmmm looks like your mind is fluked up
The Fifth Commandment essentially states 'Thou shalt not murder' or 'Not Take an Innocent Life'.

Your ignorance makes a fence post look like a MENSA member.
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#5076 Jul 1, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I thought that you knew that Christianity has adopted many of the pagan beliefs.

At any rate, what specific lifestyle are your referring to, if you do not mind my asking?
What specific lifestyle am I referring to?
Your Gay lifestyle. Of course.

Sorry for giving you more credit than you deserve regarding your intellect.
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#5078 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>exactly so why is your god a murderous rapist... what a scumbag god you worship.. the freak should be in prison
Best you keep to stripping sparkle.
It's obvious you have nothing else to offer and that will be gone soon too.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#5081 Jul 2, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Gundee isn't gay! He's a happily married, devoted family man and loving father.
He's also one of the more intelligent, better educated, well-informed people posting in the Christian threads. And HE, without a doubt, IS.... the REAL "nicest poster in Topix"

Whereas YOU,.... are a blundering beef-wit of the genus Christardedus Buffooncompoop.

Location hidden

#5082 Jul 2, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it appears that you have yet to realize that I am not gay, but rather that I opine that consenting adults have a right to love whom they please. By the way, I think that you are confusing intellect with dogmatic beliefs, right?

Location hidden

#5083 Jul 2, 2013
janeebee wrote:
Gundee isn't gay! He's a happily married, devoted family man and loving father.
He's also one of the more intelligent, better educated, well-informed people posting in the Christian threads. And HE, without a doubt, IS.... the REAL "nicest poster in Topix"
Whereas YOU,.... are a blundering beef-wit of the genus Christardedus Buffooncompoop.
Thank you, Janeebee, for your inspiring words. You are too kind.
little lamb

Nudgee, Australia

#5084 Jul 2, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I most respectfully submit that Luke gave contradictory accounts of what happened to Paul on the road to Damascus. And in one of those accounts, the devout Ananias’ name is not mentioned at all. But please do not take my word for it, but rather read what Luke claimed that Jesus told Saul as it relates to the Damascus story to see if you can find Ananias’ name, if you would be so kind. It reads as follows:
“Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me”(Acts 26:12-18, KJV).
You see, it this account, there was no need to meet with Ananius since Jesus told Himself told Saul what to do, right?
There was no need for Paul to mention Ananias to the Agrippa..

because Ananias was sent to Paul to minister to Paul. to lay hands on him to receive sight and be filled with Holy spirit...

what are you doing? searching for things that have no relevance to anything.
little lamb

Nudgee, Australia

#5085 Jul 2, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that according to the Prophet Jeremiah, the new covenant was simply “to put [God’s] law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts”(Jer 31:33, KJV). You see, this did not make the old covenant obsolete, but rather strengthen it.
But rather than searching for what Paul said, perhaps, you should be concerned with what Jesus explicitly said in that regard, e.g.,“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled”(Mat 5:17-18, KJV).
that is correct..that is what the new covenant does..we are promised the Holy Spirit, where God promises to be our God and write his Laws in our hearts and minds.

And i agree Jesus came to fulfill the Law..and all who walk by spirit put the practices of the flesh to death by the spirit.

because states Romans 3 [31] Do we abolish lawby means of our faith? NEVER MAY THAT HAPPEN .On the contrary we establish law..

So gods Law against men sleeping with men , telling us its an abomination , still stands and is Gods Law fully established by Christ Jesus who has never abolished it.

Location hidden

#5086 Jul 2, 2013
little lamb wrote:
There was no need for Paul to mention Ananias to the Agrippa..
because Ananias was sent to Paul to minister to Paul. to lay hands on him to receive sight and be filled with Holy spirit...
what are you doing? searching for things that have no relevance to anything.
Okay, here is a million dollar question for you: Did Paul receive instructions from Ananias about what he was supposed to do or did Jesus Himself tell Paul what to do? And before you answer, please refer to the following passages:

Ananias allegedly told Paul what to do:“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord”(Acts 22:12-16).

Jesus allegedly told Paul what to do:“And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me”(Acts 26:15-18).

Now, it appears that either these two accounts of where Paul received his instructions are contradictory, or Paul met Jesus at least two different times on his road to Damascus, right?

At any rate, I am under the opinion that all stories (including biblical ones) should be consistent if they are supposed to be considered creditable to a person who engages his or her own critical thinking skills, regardless of the relevancy of the story.

Location hidden

#5087 Jul 2, 2013
little lamb wrote:
that is correct..that is what the new covenant does..we are promised the Holy Spirit, where God promises to be our God and write his Laws in our hearts and minds.
Please know that this promise was not made to everyone, but rather the House of Israel and the House of Judah. As such, I most respectfully ask,“Do you belong to one of those tribes?”
little lamb wrote:
And i agree Jesus came to fulfill the Law..and all who walk by spirit put the practices of the flesh to death by the spirit.
Jesus fulfilled the law by teaching how to not only live by the letter of the law (old covenant) but also to now live by spiritual intent of the law (new covenant), which simply meant that you will not only be judged by your literal adherence to the law, but also judge by what was in your heart, i.e., killing and/or hating; adultery and/or lusting; and love your neighbors and/or enemies. Unfortunately, Christians who hate homosexuals probably did not get a copy of that letter, especially since many only quote Paul’s letters, right?
little lamb wrote:
because states Romans 3 [31] Do we abolish lawby means of our faith? NEVER MAY THAT HAPPEN .On the contrary we establish law..
So gods Law against men sleeping with men , telling us its an abomination , still stands and is Gods Law fully established by Christ Jesus who has never abolished it.
Once again, you seem to quote Paul, rather than Jesus, yet you are a follower of Christ, right? Just remember that it is just important to be pure at heart as it is to follow God's commandments (smile).
little lamb

Saint Albans, Australia

#5088 Jul 2, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, here is a million dollar question for you: Did Paul receive instructions from Ananias about what he was supposed to do or did Jesus Himself tell Paul what to do? And before you answer, please refer to the following passages:
Ananias allegedly told Paul what to do:“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord”(Acts 22:12-16).
Jesus allegedly told Paul what to do:“And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me”(Acts 26:15-18).
Now, it appears that either these two accounts of where Paul received his instructions are contradictory, or Paul met Jesus at least two different times on his road to Damascus, right?
At any rate, I am under the opinion that all stories (including biblical ones) should be consistent if they are supposed to be considered creditable to a person who engages his or her own critical thinking skills, regardless of the relevancy of the story.
Not contradictory at all...Both happened..

Ananias just spoke what he had received from the Lord, remember he had been told this because he was wary of Paul's prior reputation.
little lamb

Saint Albans, Australia

#5089 Jul 2, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that this promise was not made to everyone, but rather the House of Israel and the House of Judah. As such, I most respectfully ask,“Do you belong to one of those tribes?”
<quoted text>
Absolutely..As we are told branches were broken off the 'olive tree'[ISRAEL] and people from the nations were grafted in...through faith in Christ..After all Israel is Gods 'first born'

Further told not all Israel are really Israel but the children of the promise are...

Israel has always been Gods covenant people..didn't you know that ???

He sent Jesus to make a new covenant with them, we are grafted in..
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus fulfilled the law by teaching how to not only live by the letter of the law (old covenant) but also to now live by spiritual intent of the law (new covenant), which simply meant that you will not only be judged by your literal adherence to the law, but also judge by what was in your heart, i.e., killing and/or hating; adultery and/or lusting; and love your neighbors and/or enemies. Unfortunately, Christians who hate homosexuals probably did not get a copy of that letter, especially since many only quote Paul’s letters, right?
<quoted text>
You have heard the saying ..love the sinner hate the sin...

The sin of going after flesh for unnatural use , is abhorrent..and sin was why Jesus was crucified for us, that through the pouring of his blood, their is forgiveness of sin...God has condemned sin in the flesh..

That is why if we live according to the flesh we will die, but if we put the practices of the flesh to death by the spirit we will live.

After all that is our message " repent and be baptized and you will receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit ' many don't understand that god demands by repentance...and we are not left alone.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, you seem to quote Paul, rather than Jesus, yet you are a follower of Christ, right? Just remember that it is just important to be pure at heart as it is to follow God's commandments (smile).
don't worry Gundee I have no confidence in myself..but i am fully confident that Jehovah God through his Son is quite capable to finish what he started in me.

As for Paul he is an Apostle to the nations ..to bring the gospels about Jesus to us..

How will they hear unless ones are sent..' happy are the feet of those who come with news of better things'
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#5090 Jul 2, 2013
I know there are talking snakes and donkeys in the bible, but a speaking pineapple? Really?
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Ananias just spoke what he had received from the Lord, remember he had been told this because he was wary of Paul's prior reputation.

Location hidden

#5091 Jul 2, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Not contradictory at all...Both happened..
Once again, you are free to believe that there was no contradiction, even when critical thinking would suggest otherwise. You see, if Jesus told Ananias to go ahead to Damascus to meet someone who would tell him what to do, then it does not make any sense whatsoever for Jesus Himself to first tell Paul what to do, right? But then again, biblical stories does not have to be based on either logic or reasoning, right?
little lamb

Saint Albans, Australia

#5092 Jul 2, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you are free to believe that there was no contradiction, even when critical thinking would suggest otherwise. You see, if Jesus told Ananias to go ahead to Damascus to meet someone who would tell him what to do, then it does not make any sense whatsoever for Jesus Himself to first tell Paul what to do, right? But then again, biblical stories does not have to be based on either logic or reasoning, right?
no contradiction as far as my reading of the account ..Jesus gave Ananias no commandment to tell Paul anything..Jesus just told Ananias not to worry about Paul as he had chosen him for his purpose [ paraphrasing] he was putting Ananias fears to rest

No Ananias went up to heal Paul through the laying on of hands and to baptize him...

Location hidden

#5093 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Absolutely..As we are told branches were broken off the 'olive tree'[ISRAEL] and people from the nations were grafted in...through faith in Christ..
Well, if you believe that you are from the tribe of Israel or Judah, then I highly encourage you to continue to remain steadfast in your belief system, with all due respect.
little lamb wrote:
After all Israel is Gods 'first born'
Wow! I thought that Jesus was God’s only begotten son, whereas Israel was Abraham second born son.
little lamb wrote:
Further told not all Israel are really Israel but the children of the promise are...
If I may very respectfully ask,“Who told you that? Was it Paul?”
little lamb wrote:
Israel has always been Gods covenant people..didn't you know that ???
Yes, I realize that your God made everyone, yet choose one group of people over another, right? Just imagine how little children today feel when their parents favor their siblings over them.
little lamb wrote:
He sent Jesus to make a new covenant with them, we are grafted in..
So, let me if I can follow your asserton correctly.“Are you suggesting that not only did your God have a chosen people, but also He adopted others as well,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
You have heard the saying ..love the sinner hate the sin...
Yes, I have heard the saying, but the actual practice is to hate both, right?
little lamb wrote:
The sin of going after flesh for unnatural use , is abhorrent..and sin was why Jesus was crucified for us, that through the pouring of his blood, their is forgiveness of sin...God has condemned sin in the flesh..
Wow! It appears that rather than simply forgive those who repent, your God required a blood sacrifice. And the ultimate sacrifice was His own son, who by the way, was born through immaculate conception, right?
little lamb wrote:
That is why if we live according to the flesh we will die, but if we put the practices of the flesh to death by the spirit we will live.
Well, from what I have found (based on evidence, rather than a belief system) is that all men are mortal, regardless of what anyone believes.
little lamb wrote:
After all that is our message " repent and be baptized and you will receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit ' many don't understand that god demands by repentance...and we are not left alone.
Please know that I say this with the utmost respect for what you believe. If your faith and belief system actually fulfill the promises that they make, then I highly encourage you to remain unshakeable, vigilant, steadfast, and unwavering in what you believe.
little lamb wrote:
don't worry Gundee I have no confidence in myself..but i am fully confident that Jehovah God through his Son is quite capable to finish what he started in me.
I find it very interesting that you do not have any confidence in yourself, but rather defer to a supernatural cosmic being. You see, I think that self-confidence and self-worth determines ones’ self-esteem. If you will, just note the learning difference between children who have self-confidence and those who do not.
little lamb wrote:
As for Paul he is an Apostle to the nations ..to bring the gospels about Jesus to us..
How will they hear unless ones are sent..' happy are the feet of those who come with news of better things'
Well, I do not solely rely on what I hear, but rather I read, study, and research the critical issues that may affect my life, as well as my family and friends’ lives. You see, I personally place a higher value on knowledge than on beliefs, with all due respect.

Location hidden

#5094 Jul 3, 2013
little lamb wrote:
no contradiction as far as my reading of the account ..
Well, you are free to read and interpret the account as you please.
little lamb wrote:
Jesus gave Ananias no commandment to tell Paul anything..Jesus just told Ananias not to worry about Paul as he had chosen him for his purpose [ paraphrasing] he was putting Ananias fears to rest
Yes, I agree that Jesus did not give any commandment to Ananias on the road to Demascus, but rather He allegedly gave to contradictory commandments to Paul, according to Luke’s two different accounts. You see, at Acts 22:10, Luke claimed that Jesus commandment Paul,“... Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.” And it was in the Damascus where Paul received his instructions from Ananias at Acts 22:12-16, i.e.,“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”
little lamb wrote:
No Ananias went up to heal Paul through the laying on of hands and to baptize him...
Yes, Ananais healed Paul, but he also (according to Luke’s account) informed Paul that the God of their fathers had chosen him to witness unto all men, right? But please do not take my word for it, but rather read the above passage for yourself, provided that you do have confidence in your reading abilities, with all due respect.

Now, the reason that I claim that there is a contradiction is simply because in the above passage, Paul received His instructions from Ananias. However, according to Luke’s account at Acts 26:16-18, Paul allegedly received his instructions from Jesus Himself, i.e.,“But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”

Nonetheless, if you believe that Paul only received his instructions from Jesus, then you are free to ignore what Acts 22:10 explicitly says, right?
little lamb

Australia

#5095 Jul 3, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you are free to read and interpret the account as you please.
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree that Jesus did not give any commandment to Ananias on the road to Demascus, but rather He allegedly gave to contradictory commandments to Paul, according to Luke’s two different accounts. You see, at Acts 22:10, Luke claimed that Jesus commandment Paul,“... Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.” And it was in the Damascus where Paul received his instructions from Ananias at Acts 22:12-16, i.e.,“And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”
<quoted text>
Yes, Ananais healed Paul, but he also (according to Luke’s account) informed Paul that the God of their fathers had chosen him to witness unto all men, right? But please do not take my word for it, but rather read the above passage for yourself, provided that you do have confidence in your reading abilities, with all due respect.
Now, the reason that I claim that there is a contradiction is simply because in the above passage, Paul received His instructions from Ananias. However, according to Luke’s account at Acts 26:16-18, Paul allegedly received his instructions from Jesus Himself, i.e.,“But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.”
Nonetheless, if you believe that Paul only received his instructions from Jesus, then you are free to ignore what Acts 22:10 explicitly says, right?
I still see no contradiction...Ananias obviously had to inform Paul on the steps to be a Christian...Paul would have needed instruction on the significance of baptism, and how the Holy Spirit ministers through Gods chosen vessels...

Jesus instructed Paul that he intended to use him...and Ananias
instructed him in what was essential for his ministry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you see demons or angels you have schizophre... (Nov '09) Fri Katelynn 116
Some Kinda Preacher (Tribute to Billy Graham) b... Feb 21 bruce 1
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 815
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 46
Don't Blame God! Feb 20 dollarsbill 7
Hellmouth: Capitalism Deities Feb 19 Abishai100 1
What Does God Hate? Feb 19 True or False 1
More from around the web