How can a gay be a Christian??
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#5016 Jun 17, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong its written up in the new covenant [testament] Jesus mediates.
<quoted text>
Wrong... feelings can be wrong..Gods WORD is TRUTH.
<quoted text>
Bashing ridiculing is wrong but so is promoting a sin as a lifestyle ......two wrongs never made a right yet..and using gay propaganda to subvert the minds of children, is really wicked.
<quoted text>
God says LOVE is obeying his commandments.
<quoted text>
..Holiness is a way of life for a Christian..and God is quite able to change barrenness into fertility..its not an obstacle to God.
<quoted text>
The man is head of his wife..yes..and the head of man is Christ...
<quoted text>
Don't believe I am picking and choosing..Jesus said ,' man does not live on bread alone but every word that comes out of the mouth of God.
<quoted text>
Still written in the 'new covenant [testament] which Jesus mediates isn't it??
<quoted text>
Not if it covers your subject..The right word at the right time..
Errr... how does..."Wrong...Hebrews " in saying a new covenant he has made the former obsolete" "
align with..."God says LOVE is obeying his commandments."?
What commandments did Christ Jesus give?
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#5017 Jun 17, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why God alone sets the measuring line..on what is right and wrong.
God? Are we talking about Jesus here? You seem to want to separate the Father from the son. What are your beliefs?

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

#5018 Jun 18, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Wrong its written up in the new covenant [testament] Jesus mediates.
Please know that Jesus upheld the OT scripture, not Paul’s letters. In fact, He explicitly said,“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven”(Mat 5:17-19).

On the other hand, Paul claimed that the law ended at the cross, despite the fact that Jesus warned about what would happen to those who taught others to break one of the least commandments, right?
little lamb wrote:
Wrong... feelings can be wrong..Gods WORD is TRUTH.
Well, if the bible is God’s word, then you must agree with His support for slavery (Lev 25:44, NIV), polygamy (Deu 21:15), and male chauvinists who demand (according to God) that their wives are virgins or die (Deu 22:20-21), right?
little lamb wrote:
Bashing ridiculing is wrong but so is promoting a sin as a lifestyle ......two wrongs never made a right yet..and using gay propaganda to subvert the minds of children, is really wicked.
When Christians go shopping or eating out on Sunday,“Are they promoting (and supporting) these employees’ sin of working on the Sabbath,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
God says LOVE is obeying his commandments.
Please know that all of God’s commandments were established in the OT, rather than the NT, right?
little lamb wrote:
..Holiness is a way of life for a Christian..and God is quite able to change barrenness into fertility..its not an obstacle to God.
Well, perhaps, you should tell all of the fertility doctors that only God is quite able to change barrenness into fertility.
little lamb wrote:
The man is head of his wife..yes..and the head of man is Christ...
Yes, this is the claim that Paul, rather than Jesus, made, right? Or perhaps, you should read Gen 3:16, i.e.,“Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee”(KJV).
little lamb wrote:
Don't believe I am picking and choosing..Jesus said ,' man does not live on bread alone but every word that comes out of the mouth of God.
Yes, from God’s mouth, rather than Paul’s letters, right?
little lamb wrote:
Still written in the 'new covenant [testament] which Jesus mediates isn't it??
Please know that Jesus always quoted from the OT scripture, but never the NT scripture.
little lamb wrote:
Not if it covers your subject..The right word at the right time..
Selectively quoting biblical verses “out of context” is not the rightly dividing the scripture, right?
little lamb

Melbourne, Australia

#5019 Jun 18, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that Jesus upheld the OT scripture, not Paul’s letters. In fact, He explicitly said,“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil..
Agree
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>On the other hand, Paul claimed that the law ended at the cross, despite the fact that Jesus warned about what would happen to those who taught others to break one of the least commandments, right?
<quoted text>
No Paul says nothing about the Law being ended at the cross...

He talks about the the fact when we were baptized ..God forgave our sins and blotted out the handwritten document against us..by nailing it to the cross with Christ..it certainly does not mean that the Law was taken away... It means we are forgiven and no accusation can be held against us , because Jesus took the curse for us...
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if the bible is God’s word, then you must agree with His support for slavery (Lev 25:44, NIV), polygamy (Deu 21:15), and male chauvinists who demand (according to God) that their wives are virgins or die (Deu 22:20-21), right?
<quoted text>
Christians are under a new covenant agreement...it is written " if the first covenant was faultless there would have been no reason for a second to be sought..'
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>When Christians go shopping or eating out on Sunday,“Are they promoting (and supporting) these employees’ sin of working on the Sabbath,” if you do not mind my asking?
<quoted text>
It all depends , whether you believe one day belongs to God, or all days belong to god... I would encourage all to let God have priority in all your decisions not money..let money be a servant not a ,master.., whether you have one day for God or think all days are the same...God first
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Please know that all of God’s commandments were established in the OT, rather than the NT, right?
<quoted text>
Wrong..

Paul says in Romans 3:31,“Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, perhaps, you should tell all of the fertility doctors that only God is quite able to change barrenness into fertility.
<quoted text>
" there are three things that do not get satisfied and four that have not said 'enough'

one of them is a 'restrained womb.'
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, this is the claim that Paul, rather than Jesus, made, right? Or perhaps, you should read Gen 3:16, i.e.,“Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee”(KJV).
<quoted text>
Its a commandment of God...Jesus has taken the curse of the Law .
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, from God’s mouth, rather than Paul’s letters, right?
<quoted text>
Pauls letters are from god being part of the new covenant ...
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>Please know that Jesus always quoted from the OT scripture, but never the NT scripture.
<quoted text>
Yes Jesus often quoted from the old covenant ..but being the messenger of the new covenant that was promised through Jeremiah..and being mediator ..he had the terms and conditions in his message, from God.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted textSelectively quoting biblical verses “out of context” is not the rightly dividing the scripture, right?
you should know..no one does it as much as yourself.
Thinking

London, UK

#5022 Jun 18, 2013
christianity was responsible for the Dark Ages which lost humanity hundreds of years of progress.

We should have cured AIDS and cancer by now.

If there was no such disease as AIDS, how would your argument stand up?
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>But, then why do you constantly select biblical verses "out of context", then add your own self serving spin to them. If you agree with the writings in the Bible it is simply your programmed opinion, right?
All humans have the right to engage in homosexuality, polyandry, fornication, drinking alcohol, and even prostitution in a few counties and countries. Many sins are not made illegal, so like homosexuality folks are free to engage in them, right?
Now, a person who gets drunk and dies of alcohol poison is just as dead as if it were illegal, right?
A person who engages in certain homosexual acts and dies of AIDS, is all just as dead as if it were illegal, right?
A married man is free to have sex with another woman, legal, but he is not free to marry that other woman while still married, right?
So, homosexuality being legal does not equate to SSM being legal, right?
The point is this, the issue is not whether it is legal or illegal, you have the right to do many things that lead to your death and destruction.
Thinking

London, UK

#5024 Jun 18, 2013
Define "conquered math".
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Really, do you mean pagans, Catholics, Muslims or atheists. Also, do you mean the Dark Ages in Europe, which came after the black Africans in Egypt had cured many diseases, built pyramids and conquered math? Do you also mean the Dark Ages in Europe which came after the Chinese have developed many medical cures, flight and AIDS was not an issue.
By the way, AIDS and cancer are just a revitalization of the filthy unclean habits that came out of Europe. So, now how does your argument hold up?
little lamb

Australia

#5026 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
christianity was responsible for the Dark Ages which lost humanity hundreds of years of progress.
<quoted text>
Sin and death came into the world through one mans sin..Adam.

dark ages was caused by ignorant shepherds who kept the knowledge to themselves..Jesus said " woe to you Pharisees and scribes , hypocrites, you take away the 'key' of knowledge'

It was ordinary Christians not those in leadership roles..who went out and taught people to read and write..

it was the Leadership, shepherds that put Tyndale to death by roasting him over a fire, for publishing scripture in common language for the people..

Same today its the Leadership shepherds who make education expensive to keep ordinary people in ignorance..

god has a message for the shepherds .." Woe to the shepherds that scatter the sheep'

Jesus tells us ' you received free, give free.'

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#5027 Jun 18, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Really, do you mean pagans, Catholics, Muslims or atheists. Also, do you mean the Dark Ages in Europe, which came after the black Africans in Egypt had cured many diseases, built pyramids and conquered math? Do you also mean the Dark Ages in Europe which came after the Chinese have developed many medical cures, flight and AIDS was not an issue.
By the way, AIDS and cancer are just a revitalization of the filthy unclean habits that came out of Europe. So, now how does your argument hold up?
Like a cooked spaghetti noodle...
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5028 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:

<quoted text>
OTOH, if there was no Dark Ages,...How would Your argument hold up?
Erroneous as it is.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5029 Jun 18, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Define "conquered math".
<quoted text>
Come now, old boy.
You should be able to put two and two together by now.
Thinking

London, UK

#5030 Jun 18, 2013
Is your god still having a hissy fit about his tree placement negligence?

Is that why we still have miscarriages, cot death and childhood leukaemia?

I could never worship that child abusing god of yours.

Get over it, god. Move on. You're very small.
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin and death came into the world through one mans sin..Adam.
dark ages was caused by ignorant shepherds who kept the knowledge to themselves..Jesus said " woe to you Pharisees and scribes , hypocrites, you take away the 'key' of knowledge'
It was ordinary Christians not those in leadership roles..who went out and taught people to read and write..
it was the Leadership, shepherds that put Tyndale to death by roasting him over a fire, for publishing scripture in common language for the people..
Same today its the Leadership shepherds who make education expensive to keep ordinary people in ignorance..
god has a message for the shepherds .." Woe to the shepherds that scatter the sheep'
Jesus tells us ' you received free, give free.'
Thinking

London, UK

#5031 Jun 18, 2013
I asked what did you mean by conquer math and you answered "geometry and architectural designs". That is not just a woefully incomplete answer, it is wrong. There are still many geometry problems to be solved, e.g this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_brick#Perf...

Your belief system is appears to be just wishful thinking on your part. You've got nothing evidential to back it up.
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>geometry and architectural designs.
Thinking

London, UK

#5032 Jun 18, 2013
If you think basic arithmetic equates to "conquering math", you're about as deep as a puddle.
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Come now, old boy.
You should be able to put two and two together by now.
Thinking

London, UK

#5033 Jun 18, 2013
That's like asking if the catholic Hitler hadn't committed evil with the help of a majority protestant Germany, would Hitler still be evil?
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
OTOH, if there was no Dark Ages,...How would Your argument hold up?
Erroneous as it is.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5039 Jun 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
That's like asking if the catholic Hitler hadn't committed evil with the help of a majority protestant Germany, would Hitler still be evil?
<quoted text>
Based on the media's reporting on the policies of Obama and his regime, I would say that's a valid statement.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5040 Jun 19, 2013
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>No, in fact, it was with the help of Catholics and gay youths that Hitler committed evil against Jews and protestants.
Can you provide an example of the evil Hitler committed against protestants?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#5041 Jun 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If you think basic arithmetic equates to "conquering math", you're about as deep as a puddle.
<quoted text>
Still water can be mighty deep.

Shall I express that concept with a physics equation?
Thinking

London, UK

#5042 Jun 19, 2013
The problem you've got with your earlier argument is that the Dark Ages did exist. Thank you religious people for keeping us back.
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the media's reporting on the policies of Obama and his regime, I would say that's a valid statement.
Thinking

London, UK

#5043 Jun 19, 2013
Where did I make that claim?

You said the ancient Egyptians had "conquered math" in your post #5023. They may have been able to do some basic engineering calculations, but that's a very small subset of "conquered math".

Thanks for the Dark Ages, christard.
JesusMyLord wrote:
<quoted text>Who said that you had conquered basic arithmetic or that Europeans had conquered math? Not me.
Thinking

London, UK

#5044 Jun 19, 2013
Shall you?
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Still water can be mighty deep.
Shall I express that concept with a physics equation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 5 min Old GT 90
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 29 min Old GT 180
Any comments Christians on this picture? 51 min dkskd001 7
Ten Signs Western Society is a Satanic Cult 53 min dkskd001 9
Mathew 5:17 – Why do some Christians not preach... 1 hr Barnsweb 5
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 1 hr blacklagoon 2,364
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr Barnsweb 3,685
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 4,639
More from around the web