How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

#4867 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Of course, I know how it works. You are the one makikng the claim that Jesus and God did not say anything against homosexuality and it is not found in the Bible.
And all you have to do to refute my claim is post the specific verses that God and Jesus said, which you have not.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
So, how it works is this, all who believe that Jesus and God were opposed to homosexuality can also believe that they are opposed to having sex with their mom.
Yes, you have every right to believe as you wish. However, the way that an argument works is those who take the affirmative position in argument must first prove their perspective using undeniable evidence, rather than testimonies and fictional literature, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
On the other hand, you made the statement about needing specific written writing from God and Jesus, so it is you who needs to produce writings and proof that you were opposed to having sex with your mom. SEE HOW IT WORKS.
Again, it was you who brought up the issue of me having sex with my mom or sister, right? However, it was your heroes (Abraham and Lot) who actually engaged in these practices, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
If you do not like your BULLY game, then don't play it.
Once again, please cite specific post numbers whereas I engaged in such a practice, if you would be so kind.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
I have no need or desire to go back to your previous comment, as you obviously are failing to address my post this time as you failed before.
Yes, I understand, you would rather not substantiate your claims with evidence, but rather simply assert that whatever you believe will suffice, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Where you born gay or did you choose not to be gay? I chose to be straight, just like I chose to walk instead of crawl. It was natural.
I was born with predisposition to develop a biological sexual urge to have sex. And since I was raised up within a culture that only opening practiced heterosexual relations, I became a heterosexual male who satisfy that urge with a woman, rather than a man. On the other hand, the scientific and medical communities agree that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather based on multifaceted interactions between one’s genetics and environments.

Thus, rather than being holier than thou or self-sanctimonious, I would rather be nonjudgmental toward who consenting adults choose to love. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I cannot be a Christian, right?
little lamb

Australia

#4868 May 20, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

. On the other hand, the scientific and medical communities agree that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather based on multifaceted interactions between one’s genetics and environments.
Thus, rather than being holier than thou or self-sanctimonious, I would rather be nonjudgmental toward who consenting adults choose to love. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I cannot be a Christian, right?
We who believe Gods words over the words of men

Know that in the first instant a choice was made in a persons thinking...

" a man is as his thinks'...then when the sin becomes fertile he is captured by his sin..he becomes ADDICTIVE.

Homosexual tendencies can be influenced by outside propaganda..and the thought is harbored before the action..this has been found in pedophiles..

This is another abhorrent sexual act..and it shows that long before the person commits the sin..he thinks about it first...

Many are oriented this way , because of abuse when they were young..so many environment factors go into making both sexual perverts.

The environmental factors can contribute to the orientation that has developed but the initial choice to go that way..is the individuals choice...but once caught he is addicted ..

Environment factors are schooling systems [ that has been teaching it is a alternative life style] and family [ that has been caught up in materialism and divorces] so that a young man is not trained up in the way for him to go...but has been thrown to the wolves..

We believe Gods word..and we believe an atheist has no right to tell us what the Law is..according to their way of thinking ..that has no goodness in it..
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4869 May 20, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is not my redeemer, simply because I do not need one.
At least you are honest and deny being a Christian.
This explains a lot about your misunderstanding of scripture, one needs the Holy Spirit's guidance to grasp the message and you don't get the Holy Spirit without claiming Jesus as your redeemer.

But just for the record,....you DO need the redeemer, Jesus Christ.
We ALL do.
little lamb

Australia

#4870 May 20, 2013
Gundee makes the assertion that a homosexual is born with that orientation... born that way

yet you can bet he does not say that about a pedophile..

So how can he make an assertion about one and then change his tactics and measurement when judging the other..

Yet a pedophile has an orientation toward children...same way a homosexual has an orientation to same sex.

If gundees argument is that a homosexual is not sinning because he is born with that orientation and can't choose and therefore can't be held guilty.

Then why would he say any sexual orientation can be wrong , or does that mean he agrees with a pedophile ...

why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with?

Gundee would say homosexuals are consenting adults..and that would explain why society is more lenient on them..

but it doesn't explain his assertion that man is born with an orientation toward sexual preference, and he then starts to become a judge on what sexual orientation he accepts and doesn't accept ..and its that argument that doesn't stand up when examining a pedophile.

who makes the same case....

Thats why God is the one who sets the standard not man.

His arguments are too flawed.

“Have I offended you? ”

Since: Jan 11

My heart bleeds..NOT

#4874 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Gundee does not need a redeemer, like a gay AIDS patient does not need a cure.
Looks like you have been p0wnd again. Which is why you have resorted to
personal attacks.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4877 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Gundee makes the assertion that a homosexual is born with that orientation... born that way
So how can he make an assertion about one and then change his tactics and measurement when judging the other..
Yet a pedophile has an orientation toward children...same way a homosexual has an orientation to same sex.
If gundees argument is that a homosexual is not sinning because he is born with that orientation and can't choose and therefore can't be held guilty.
Then why would he say any sexual orientation can be wrong , or does that mean he agrees with a pedophile ...
why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with?
Gundee would say homosexuals are consenting adults..and that would explain why society is more lenient on them..
but it doesn't explain his assertion that man is born with an orientation toward sexual preference, and he then starts to become a judge on what sexual orientation he accepts and doesn't accept ..and its that argument that doesn't stand up when examining a pedophile.
"why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with"
Because pedophiles molest children and that is a crime. Consenting adults having sex is not a crime. your statement indicates that either
a) you think child molesters should be embraced or
b) you believe homosexuals should be prosecuted
S I C K E N I N G !!!!!

Spring Hill, FL

#4879 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
We who believe Gods words over the words of men
Know that in the first instant a choice was made in a persons thinking...
" a man is as his thinks'...then when the sin becomes fertile he is captured by his sin..he becomes ADDICTIVE.
Homosexual tendencies can be influenced by outside propaganda..and the thought is harbored before the action..this has been found in pedophiles..
This is another abhorrent sexual act..and it shows that long before the person commits the sin..he thinks about it first...
Many are oriented this way , because of abuse when they were young..so many environment factors go into making both sexual perverts.
The environmental factors can contribute to the orientation that has developed but the initial choice to go that way..is the individuals choice...but once caught he is addicted ..
Environment factors are schooling systems [ that has been teaching it is a alternative life style] and family [ that has been caught up in materialism and divorces] so that a young man is not trained up in the way for him to go...but has been thrown to the wolves..
We believe Gods word..and we believe an atheist has no right to tell us what the Law is..according to their way of thinking ..that has no goodness in it..
Thank you for sharing what you believe, i.e.,“Gods words over the words of men,” right? On the other hand, I am somewhat curious about which of the “Gods” do you believe over man, if you do not mind my asking?“Or is it safe to assume that you believe all of the ones located in the bible, e.g. Jehovah, Elohim.

At any rate, Gods words says that “... the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved”(Ps 93:1, KJV), whereas, man’s word (Galileo) says that the world both rotated and revolved around the sun. Perhaps, this is why the church imprisoned and threatened to kill him if he did not recant his claim about the sun, rather than the earth, being the center of the universe, right?

Nonetheless, biology does appear to play a modest part in determining sexual orientation.

Spring Hill, FL

#4880 May 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
At least you are honest and deny being a Christian.
Yes, although I was raised up in the Southern Baptist faith, I abandoned Christianity after going on a journey to prove that my beliefs and the bible were validated by empirical evidence. And guess what I learned along the way:“If a person goes on a journey in search of the truth, he or she cannot dictate in advance what that truth will be.”
Cisco Kid wrote:
This explains a lot about your misunderstanding of scripture, one needs the Holy Spirit's guidance to grasp the message and you don't get the Holy Spirit without claiming Jesus as your redeemer.
Well, since the Holy Spirit is necessary, perhaps, you can explain why many of those who professed to be led by this particular spirit are told different things. Namely, some of told that Jesus is God, while other are not; some of told that the law ended at the cross, whereas, the church still keeps the law allegedly regarding tithing money, right?
Cisco Kid wrote:
But just for the record,....you DO need the redeemer, Jesus Christ.
We ALL do.
I have the utmost respect for your belief, even though I do not share it.

Spring Hill, FL

#4881 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
If you would be so kind, please cite the specific post number that I made this assertion.
little lamb wrote:
Wow! Perhaps, you did not know that a 1998 article in the Journal of the American Medical Association notes one study that found that 90 percent of pedophiles are men and that 98 percent of these individuals are heterosexual (Holmes & Slap, 1998).

Holmes, W.C. & Slap, G.B.(1998). Sexual abuse of boys: Definition, prevalence, correlates, sequelae and management. Journal of the American Medical Association. 280 (21): 1855-1862.
little lamb wrote:
Please know that this red herring argument is not productive.
little lamb wrote:
Once again, please know that most pedophile are heterosexuals. In fact, only 3 percent of the convicted pedophile were homosexuals, which in my opinion, is 3 percent too high. However, the myth that homosexuals are more likely to molest children is totally unsubstantiated.
little lamb wrote:
Again, your red herring argument only reveals your desperation, with all due respect.
little lamb wrote:
Once again, you cannot put words in my mouth.
little lamb wrote:
Please cite any posts whereas I made any of these alleged claims. But then again, as long as you believe something, then it most exist, right?
little lamb wrote:
Wow! You have made a jester of yourself with these unsubstantiated allegations, yet had the audacity to say that the red herring arguments that you attributed to me as being flawed arguments, right? With all due respect, this is totally laughable.

Spring Hill, FL

#4883 May 21, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
It has however been proven that homosexual orientation does not exist in any other species. NONE. ZERO.
Wow! Please tell me that you are aware that “[h]omosexuality exists in nearly every species of observed mammals and is in all likelihood irreversibly established in humans at a very early age (probably by age five),” according to: HI Kaplan and BJ Sadock, editors. "Homosexuality and Homosexual Behavior" by WJ Gadpaille in the Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry--6th edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1995, 1323-26.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Again, you are lying. There is zero evidence that homosexuality has any genetic influence. When you insert environment and socialization, those are behaviors and those are choices, either conscious or unconscious.
Please review the sources that I have offered as evidence.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY ASSERTS THAT THE PRIMARY FACTORS ARE ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIALIZATION.
Please do some research outside of impeccable bible, okay?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
You are trying to assert a minuscule genetic influence.
Again, your beliefs are not the standard for scientific assertions, with all due respect.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
They use to say that there was a fat gene, now they say that folks are just fat in the jeans.
Please stay focus, if you would be so kind. Otherwise, you might miss this very important lesson, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
No, we are talking science, so maybe this is the main reason you can not be a scientist. Your gay biased bigotry and unfounded scientific opinion.
Well, actually the only thing that you want to talk is based on your beliefs, right?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#4884 May 21, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>What? If the sum total of all of you could make a pont, I would be impressed.
Pease do.
What studies do you have to prove that homsexual orientation exists in humans?
That should be easy, since it is allegedly obvious.
Please be advised that the famous Kinsey report has already been debunked.
All scientific evidence suggests that homoexuality is a developmental charaster disorder.
S-I-L: "What studies do you have to prove that homsexual orientation exists in humans?"

Do you think heterosexual sexual orientation exists in humans?
Are there studies that prove it?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4889 May 21, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Gundee does not need a redeemer, like a gay AIDS patient does not need a cure.
We all need The Redeemer Jesus Christ, and Jesus offers healing to all.

"Jesus heard this and said to them that,
“Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do.
I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.”
Mark 2:17
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4891 May 21, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, although I was raised up in the Southern Baptist faith, I abandoned Christianity after going on a journey to prove that my beliefs and the bible were validated by empirical evidence. And guess what I learned along the way:“If a person goes on a journey in search of the truth, he or she cannot dictate in advance what that truth will be.”
Do not be mislead.
'Truth" is subjective when one is only searching for a truth that fits.
Learn to fit the real TRUTH.
gundee123 wrote:
quoted text>
Well, since the Holy Spirit is necessary, perhaps, you can explain why many of those who professed to be led by this particular spirit are told different things. Namely, some of told that Jesus is God, while other are not; some of told that the law ended at the cross, whereas, the church still keeps the law allegedly regarding tithing money, right?
The Holy Spirit's message is constant, it's only people that hear what they want to hear that misinterpret it.

The Church has no law requiring tithing.
Charity comes from the heart according to one's means.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the utmost respect for your belief, even though I do not share it.
Thank you.
Thinking

Atlanta, GA

#4893 May 21, 2013
Almost 4000 comments now, trying to promote the sick immoral, abominable, sodomite lifestyles of homosexuals.

Leviticus 18:22
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13
13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:24-27
New International Version (NIV)
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Enough proof from the OT and NT that be Gay is living a sexual immoral lifestyle that is open rebellion to God. Stop the nonsense already and turn to Jesus of forgiveness of your sins
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#4894 May 21, 2013
Prove it.

Are the sources you will present worldwide figures?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have studies to explain why 80% of the HIV cases are gay men and 80% of the HPV cases are lesbians?
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#4895 May 21, 2013
Hello my tiny todgered tributr troll, still pretending you don't like it up the chuffty?

Come out. You may be a nicer person after doing so.
Thinking wrote:
Almost 4000 comments now, trying to promote the sick immoral, abominable, sodomite lifestyles of homosexuals.
Leviticus 18:22
22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 20:13
13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Romans 1:24-27
New International Version (NIV)
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Enough proof from the OT and NT that be Gay is living a sexual immoral lifestyle that is open rebellion to God. Stop the nonsense already and turn to Jesus of forgiveness of your sins
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#4898 May 21, 2013
What's the CDC my parochial cuntard?
christian dic* chewer?

Sources?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>No, US and Canada and they are reported by the CDC.
little lamb

Australia

#4900 May 21, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would be so kind, please cite the specific post number that I made this assertion.
<quoted text>
Wow! Perhaps, you did not know that a 1998 article in the Journal of the American Medical Association notes one study that found that 90 percent of pedophiles are men and that 98 percent of these individuals are heterosexual (Holmes & Slap, 1998).
Holmes, W.C. & Slap, G.B.(1998). Sexual abuse of boys: Definition, prevalence, correlates, sequelae and management. Journal of the American Medical Association. 280 (21): 1855-1862.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Once again, please know that most pedophile are heterosexuals. In fact, only 3 percent of the convicted pedophile were homosexuals, which in my opinion, is 3 percent too high. However, the myth that homosexuals are more likely to molest children is totally unsubstantiated.
<quoted text>
Again, your red herring argument only reveals your desperation, with all due respect.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please cite any posts whereas I made any of these alleged claims. But then again, as long as you believe something, then it most exist, right?
<quoted text>
Wow! You have made a jester of yourself with these unsubstantiated allegations, yet had the audacity to say that the red herring arguments that you attributed to me as being flawed arguments, right? With all due respect, this is totally laughable.
Fact remains do you believe a pedophile has a perverted sexual orientation?

because a pedophile will repeat offend and says the same thing a homosexual says ' he is born that way ..to desire kids'

If his arguments are wrong , so are a homosexuals.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4901 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains do you believe a pedophile has a perverted sexual orientation?
because a pedophile will repeat offend and says the same thing a homosexual says ' he is born that way ..to desire kids'
If his arguments are wrong , so are a homosexuals.
Errr... you didn't address this..."If you would be so kind, please cite the specific post number that I made this assertion"
You are so out of his league, he is honest, you ...well you lie like the devil.
little lamb

Australia

#4902 May 21, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So it doesn't get buried Gundee.

The fact is your assertion that homosexuality is an orientation that a person is born with..as you cited different experts to give credence to the false reasoning.

Pedophiles show the reasoning up as false.

Because the sexual perversion that pedophiles demonstrate is, that when a person is caught up in sexual perversion of any kind it becomes addictive....they can't stop even if they want to...its like any sin..drugs included.

Just as Jesus says ' every doer of sin is a slave of sin.'

When they try to break a pedophile of his habit, they try electric shock therapy , even chemical castration...showing that sexual sin...is addictive ...they are not born with it at all, they have been taken captive to sin.

So the Pedophile shows that a homosexuals arguments are false..

A homosexual is taken captivity to his sin

But what is worse , is now he wants to foister sin onto society to give it legitimacy...and that now puts the society that condones sin and gives it legitimacy in deep trouble with God..because all ' authority is set in its relative position by God."

Meaning God has set the 'authority in place' not to change his Law, but to uphold his Law.

Because if you don't believe in God...where do Governments get their legitimacy as an authority from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 6 min Uncle Sam 138
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 17 min Old GT 216
all religions are myths and fictions 18 min Passing thru 44
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 21 min Passing thru 236
Christianity is absurd (Apr '13) 40 min mark 1,203
Archaeological Proof: The Book of Abraham is a ... 58 min mark 3
Pro Gay marriage and abortion is pro genocide. 1 hr Passing thru 4
More from around the web