How can a gay be a Christian??
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4853 May 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Gundee quite often has come on here saying the Hebrew word Zakar is wrongly translated ' male ' or ' man'
Not so...
Zakar...Hebrew word for “male” is from the same root as the word “to remember.”
Adam was created to remember God’s instructions.
It can be a noun meaning "man" or "male", or a verb meaning "to remember".
From the verb roots, you can form another noun, &#1494;&#1464;&#14 99;&#1463;&#1512; which means "remembrance", "memory".
So Gundee has been trying to sound knowledgeable whilst at the same time confusing the law of God that states it is wrong for a man to lie with a male the same as a woman.'
Gundee is showing why he believes as he does. You believe everyone who does not agree with your beliefs is confused, wronged, damned. Tell me do you believe Jesus is God????

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4854 May 20, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
English. It's a language.
You should learn it. When your mouth is full, you can use your hands.
I know English quite well. Do you have a point? Do you even know?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4855 May 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your biblical illiteracy is noted.
<quoted text>
I can tell you what the Bible says about you.

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4856 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Which means that you remain vile and unclean. Got you.
Please know that I totally respect your belief system and opinion, although I do not share either.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Jesus said that a man shall not have sex with other men, dogs, dead people, children, relatives, and women on their period, and that women shall only have sex only with their husbands.(Simple)
Please cite the specific scripture that Jesus said this, if you would be so kind. Otherwise, it appears that you are attempting to put words in Jesus’ mouth, right?

Location hidden

#4857 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Pardon me, maybe you think that gays belong to a different species or are chimeras. Maybe, you think that gays are dogs, rats or cows, sorry, but I will see them as either men or women and apply all the verses accordingly.
You can believe whatever you please; however, you cannot dictate what others should think. Thus, perhaps you should ask for others’ perspective, rather than try to give them one, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Perhaps, you need to learn to have more respect for the behavior some engage in, homosexuality.
Again, you can dictate what the sexual behaviors of should be, but rather should focus on your own sexual behaviors, in my humble opinion.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Some of you even accuse other animal species, like dogs, penguins and rats of being homosexual, which is so disrespectful. Homosexual truly meaning of or relating to human sex, since the word homo mean of or relating to humans as in homo sapiens.
Wow! Please tell me that you realize that “homo”sexuality is not limited to homo sapiens. In other words,“homo” has more than more definition, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Please do learn to respect those who have engaged in unusual sexual practices, because heaven is far from them and yet they reside close to where you sit.(smile)
Once again, it would serve you well if you simply believe as you wish, yet not try to impose your universal belief system on those who disagree with you.

Location hidden

#4858 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
I actually do condemn the pagan Christmas tree and the Easter solstice. However, I do celebrate Christ's life and his resurrection.
Respectfully, please know that it is not an Easter solstice, but rather an Easter equinox, which is celebrated on the first Sunday following the first moon after March 21st. Thus, Christ’ death and resurrection coincidentally follows this same pagan ritual that you condemn, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
You must be frustrated, since your form of bullying is not working here.
Bullying? If you would be so kind, please cite any post number, whereas I have bullied anyone. You, on the other hand, have accused me of being gay, vile, and unclean, as well as being a virus and not having a mom, right? But then again, I do not think that you would consider this as bullying, especially since these statements are coming from a Christian, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
To prevent bullying learn to post what you believe and stop trying to force others to believe as you do.
Please know that my arguments are not based on beliefs, but rather my understanding of the evidence, which is based on my reading, studying, and researching, the topics being discussed.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
That causes anger, frustration and is the root cause of cyber bullying.
Once again, you should get the log out of your own eye before commenting on bullying, right?

Location hidden

#4859 May 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
'All scripture is inspired of God' and
" God protects his sayings' Psalm 12
So we can trust God at his word...but we can't trust a man at his..because he only wants to JUSTIFY sin...so he can continue in it..
If you believe that “all scripture is inspired of God,” then I must assume that you believe that what Moses wrote at Deu 24:1 was “inspired of God,” right? And if so, then perhaps, you can explain why Jesus insinuated what Moses had written here was not based on God’s inspiration, but rather on Moses’ understanding of the hardening of man’s heart, right?

By the way, here is what Moses explicitly wrote at Deu 24:1:“If a man marries a woman who becomes displeasing to him because he finds something indecent about her, and he writes her a certificate of divorce, gives it to her and sends her from his house”(NIV). On the other hand, some of the Pharisees questioned Jesus about Moses writing a certificate of divorce at Mat 19:7, i.e.,“Why then,” they asked,“did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?” However, rather than Jesus respond by claiming that what Moses had written was “inspired of God,” He explicitly said,“Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning”(Mat 19:8).

You see, when we take a closer look at your claim of “all scripture is inspired of God,” we must ask if you are saying this despite what Jesus told the Pharisees regarding divorce, right?
little lamb wrote:
We know that you see Christians warning others that ones practicing sin as somehow invading the rights of people to do what they like.
Well, please know that what I see is Christians trying to impose their belief systems on those who do not subscribe to it.
little lamb wrote:
But a person who has not come to Christ for forgiveness of sins..is still under Law.
For Law is for the unrighteous man,..
And man has only one lawgiver..Jehovah God.
He sets the boundaries.
Christian warn, to break Gods Law incurs penalties..and we all know that ' men laying with men the same as a woman, is an abomination to God.......to break Gods Law on this has the death penalty on it.
Christians are Gods witnesses, to warn and give the message of reconciliation, of forgiveness through the shed blood of Christ.
Please see my previous comment.

Location hidden

#4860 May 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Now we all know that because you have decided there is no god, and the holy scriptures are all wrong..then you believe you are loving the homosexual by CONDONING his sin..
Once again, you cannot place words in mouth. After all, these of your assertions, which do not represent my views. So, please know that you cannot dictate what I should think or believe, especially since it is a church doctrine that tells you that you are not allow to “think,” right?
little lamb wrote:
As you believe he doesn't exist..so there is no fear of God before your eyes...only god can deal with you...
Once again, these are your words, not mine.
little lamb wrote:
So you interfere with the warning Christians are giving..so its not us that you are really fighting against ..is it???
So now we must put you into the hand of God..for he is the one your enmity is with..he will deal with you, not us.
As Jesus says " he who does not gather with me scatters.'
Wow! This is what happens when church doctrine does not allow people the opportunity to “think” for themselves, right?

Location hidden

#4861 May 20, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Gundee quite often has come on here saying the Hebrew word Zakar is wrongly translated ' male ' or ' man'
Not so...
Zakar...Hebrew word for “male” is from the same root as the word “to remember.”
Adam was created to remember God’s instructions.
It can be a noun meaning "man" or "male", or a verb meaning "to remember".
From the verb roots, you can form another noun, &#1494;&#1464;&#14 99;&#1463;&#1512; which means "remembrance", "memory".
So Gundee has been trying to sound knowledgeable whilst at the same time confusing the law of God that states it is wrong for a man to lie with a male the same as a woman.'
Once again, if you want to know my perspective, then you should ask, rather than try to dictate what it is, right? So, let me be very clear on the use of the Hebrew word “zakar.”

The Hebrew word for “man” is simply “isyh.” On the other hand, the Hebrew word for “male” is “zakar.” Both words are used at Lev 20:13, i.e.,“If a [isyh,(H367)] also lie with [zakar,(H2145)], as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Now, it is quite obvious that since both “isyh” and “zakar” are used in the same sentence, they do not mean the same thing. Thus, rather than acknowledge this fact, you would rather simply defer to the NIV bible that says,““‘If a [man] has sexual relations with a [man],” right? Unfortunately for you, Hebrew used two different words, e.g. isyh and zakar, whereas the NIV only used man in both places, right?

While I will agree that zakar can mean a man, it is not simply referring to any man at Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13. In fact, these are only two places in the entire KJV bible whereas “zakar”(H2145) is used to denote a sacred male. And if you disagree, please cite another place in the KJV that zakar (H2145) is used, if you would be so kind (smile).

Location hidden

#4865 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
you are a bully.
Well, that is your opinion, which is not based in fact, right? But then again, I guess that facts and evidence often get in your way, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
You come here and you always try to put words in others mouth. You try to misrepresent the Bible and make statements that it does not say.
Please cite a specific post, rather than make these unsubstantiated allegations, if you would be so kind.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Perhaps, what he says you said is what the Greek meaning says it says. Your views do not represent the views of the Bible or any factual reference.
Again, offer valid evidence that will refute any of my claims, if you would be so kind.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Your views are only shared by gays and those who think without facts.
Please note the number of facts that you have offered in this reply.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Wow! This is what happends when you use gay doctrine which does not allow people the opportunity to "think" for themselves, right?
I like your very good sense of humor.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Here is the thing, my good friend, when your words make you choke then it is because they are filled with crap. Perhaps you should simply post your opinion and not worry about other poster's opinions.
I have posted my perspective, which is obviously object to, yet is unable to offer any substantiate evidence that will refute any of my claims, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
If you have a belief or a gay doctrine, then provide that source. You can, can't you???
Nope, I have neither a belief nor a gay doctrine to offer.

Location hidden

#4866 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Once again, BULLY, if you want a Christian's perspective then you ask them, rather than insisting that your opinion be used. You are either uneducated or being dishonest. Not sure. Is a woman not a man? I man often used to mean mankind. There is no indication at all that God was referring to sacred men.
With all due respect, I have already heard just about all of the Christians’ perspectives as it relates to their bigotry and hatred of gays. And I will assure you that I am well educated and have maintained the highest degree of integrity.

By the way,“No,” a woman is not a man. And one of the indications that God is referring to a sacred male rests with this particular sexual act in worship of Molech between an Israeli man and a sacred male being an abomination.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Since neither science or religion supports your sexual immorality, then who caused you to be sexually immoral?
Once again, I am a heterosexual male.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
If so, what is your reason for not having sex with your mom and sister?
Please know that me reasoning has absolutely nothing to do with the bible, but rather engaging my own critical thinking abilities. After all, your father Abraham is the one who had sex with his sister (Sarah), which was blessed by your God, right? And get this, his nephew named Lot is the one who impregnated his two virgin daughters, right? So, please forgive me if I choose not to follow the biblical examples of a man impregnating his sister, or one impregnating his two daughters.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Leviticus 18, this chapter deals with sexual sins and if it is only meant for sacred men then your real argument is to have sex with your mom and sister. Incest is dealt with in 13 of the verses. If you go to the beginning, God says to tell his people, as in His message to any that wishes to not do evil.
Please know that if you read Lev 18 in context, rather than by isolated verses, you will find that God told Moses to speak to the people of Israel, not everyone in the world, right? Further, you will find that His prohibition was against men having sex with near kin relatives, neighbors wives, during women menstruation cycles, sacrificing children to a fertility god, Israel men engaging in sexual ritual with sacred males to worship this same fertility god (Molech), and men/women engaging in bestiality, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
If your argument is that you are evil, then simply say that.
You have been documented as a bully. Your anger over your postion is your cause for your bullying.
Once again, it is very easy to make accusation when one does not have to offer any evidence to substantiate them, right?

Location hidden

#4867 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Of course, I know how it works. You are the one makikng the claim that Jesus and God did not say anything against homosexuality and it is not found in the Bible.
And all you have to do to refute my claim is post the specific verses that God and Jesus said, which you have not.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
So, how it works is this, all who believe that Jesus and God were opposed to homosexuality can also believe that they are opposed to having sex with their mom.
Yes, you have every right to believe as you wish. However, the way that an argument works is those who take the affirmative position in argument must first prove their perspective using undeniable evidence, rather than testimonies and fictional literature, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
On the other hand, you made the statement about needing specific written writing from God and Jesus, so it is you who needs to produce writings and proof that you were opposed to having sex with your mom. SEE HOW IT WORKS.
Again, it was you who brought up the issue of me having sex with my mom or sister, right? However, it was your heroes (Abraham and Lot) who actually engaged in these practices, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
If you do not like your BULLY game, then don't play it.
Once again, please cite specific post numbers whereas I engaged in such a practice, if you would be so kind.
Stop-It-Now wrote:
I have no need or desire to go back to your previous comment, as you obviously are failing to address my post this time as you failed before.
Yes, I understand, you would rather not substantiate your claims with evidence, but rather simply assert that whatever you believe will suffice, right?
Stop-It-Now wrote:
Where you born gay or did you choose not to be gay? I chose to be straight, just like I chose to walk instead of crawl. It was natural.
I was born with predisposition to develop a biological sexual urge to have sex. And since I was raised up within a culture that only opening practiced heterosexual relations, I became a heterosexual male who satisfy that urge with a woman, rather than a man. On the other hand, the scientific and medical communities agree that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather based on multifaceted interactions between one’s genetics and environments.

Thus, rather than being holier than thou or self-sanctimonious, I would rather be nonjudgmental toward who consenting adults choose to love. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I cannot be a Christian, right?
little lamb

Park Orchards, Australia

#4868 May 20, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

. On the other hand, the scientific and medical communities agree that one’s sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather based on multifaceted interactions between one’s genetics and environments.
Thus, rather than being holier than thou or self-sanctimonious, I would rather be nonjudgmental toward who consenting adults choose to love. Perhaps, this is the main reason why I cannot be a Christian, right?
We who believe Gods words over the words of men

Know that in the first instant a choice was made in a persons thinking...

" a man is as his thinks'...then when the sin becomes fertile he is captured by his sin..he becomes ADDICTIVE.

Homosexual tendencies can be influenced by outside propaganda..and the thought is harbored before the action..this has been found in pedophiles..

This is another abhorrent sexual act..and it shows that long before the person commits the sin..he thinks about it first...

Many are oriented this way , because of abuse when they were young..so many environment factors go into making both sexual perverts.

The environmental factors can contribute to the orientation that has developed but the initial choice to go that way..is the individuals choice...but once caught he is addicted ..

Environment factors are schooling systems [ that has been teaching it is a alternative life style] and family [ that has been caught up in materialism and divorces] so that a young man is not trained up in the way for him to go...but has been thrown to the wolves..

We believe Gods word..and we believe an atheist has no right to tell us what the Law is..according to their way of thinking ..that has no goodness in it..
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4869 May 20, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is not my redeemer, simply because I do not need one.
At least you are honest and deny being a Christian.
This explains a lot about your misunderstanding of scripture, one needs the Holy Spirit's guidance to grasp the message and you don't get the Holy Spirit without claiming Jesus as your redeemer.

But just for the record,....you DO need the redeemer, Jesus Christ.
We ALL do.
little lamb

Australia

#4870 May 20, 2013
Gundee makes the assertion that a homosexual is born with that orientation... born that way

yet you can bet he does not say that about a pedophile..

So how can he make an assertion about one and then change his tactics and measurement when judging the other..

Yet a pedophile has an orientation toward children...same way a homosexual has an orientation to same sex.

If gundees argument is that a homosexual is not sinning because he is born with that orientation and can't choose and therefore can't be held guilty.

Then why would he say any sexual orientation can be wrong , or does that mean he agrees with a pedophile ...

why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with?

Gundee would say homosexuals are consenting adults..and that would explain why society is more lenient on them..

but it doesn't explain his assertion that man is born with an orientation toward sexual preference, and he then starts to become a judge on what sexual orientation he accepts and doesn't accept ..and its that argument that doesn't stand up when examining a pedophile.

who makes the same case....

Thats why God is the one who sets the standard not man.

His arguments are too flawed.

“Have I offended you? ”

Since: Jan 11

My heart bleeds..NOT

#4874 May 20, 2013
Stop-It-Now wrote:
<quoted text>Gundee does not need a redeemer, like a gay AIDS patient does not need a cure.
Looks like you have been p0wnd again. Which is why you have resorted to
personal attacks.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#4877 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Gundee makes the assertion that a homosexual is born with that orientation... born that way
So how can he make an assertion about one and then change his tactics and measurement when judging the other..
Yet a pedophile has an orientation toward children...same way a homosexual has an orientation to same sex.
If gundees argument is that a homosexual is not sinning because he is born with that orientation and can't choose and therefore can't be held guilty.
Then why would he say any sexual orientation can be wrong , or does that mean he agrees with a pedophile ...
why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with?
Gundee would say homosexuals are consenting adults..and that would explain why society is more lenient on them..
but it doesn't explain his assertion that man is born with an orientation toward sexual preference, and he then starts to become a judge on what sexual orientation he accepts and doesn't accept ..and its that argument that doesn't stand up when examining a pedophile.
"why should a pedophile be punished for a sexual sin that he is orientated and born that that way with"
Because pedophiles molest children and that is a crime. Consenting adults having sex is not a crime. your statement indicates that either
a) you think child molesters should be embraced or
b) you believe homosexuals should be prosecuted
S I C K E N I N G !!!!!

Location hidden

#4879 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
We who believe Gods words over the words of men
Know that in the first instant a choice was made in a persons thinking...
" a man is as his thinks'...then when the sin becomes fertile he is captured by his sin..he becomes ADDICTIVE.
Homosexual tendencies can be influenced by outside propaganda..and the thought is harbored before the action..this has been found in pedophiles..
This is another abhorrent sexual act..and it shows that long before the person commits the sin..he thinks about it first...
Many are oriented this way , because of abuse when they were young..so many environment factors go into making both sexual perverts.
The environmental factors can contribute to the orientation that has developed but the initial choice to go that way..is the individuals choice...but once caught he is addicted ..
Environment factors are schooling systems [ that has been teaching it is a alternative life style] and family [ that has been caught up in materialism and divorces] so that a young man is not trained up in the way for him to go...but has been thrown to the wolves..
We believe Gods word..and we believe an atheist has no right to tell us what the Law is..according to their way of thinking ..that has no goodness in it..
Thank you for sharing what you believe, i.e.,“Gods words over the words of men,” right? On the other hand, I am somewhat curious about which of the “Gods” do you believe over man, if you do not mind my asking?“Or is it safe to assume that you believe all of the ones located in the bible, e.g. Jehovah, Elohim.

At any rate, Gods words says that “... the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved”(Ps 93:1, KJV), whereas, man’s word (Galileo) says that the world both rotated and revolved around the sun. Perhaps, this is why the church imprisoned and threatened to kill him if he did not recant his claim about the sun, rather than the earth, being the center of the universe, right?

Nonetheless, biology does appear to play a modest part in determining sexual orientation.

Location hidden

#4880 May 21, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
At least you are honest and deny being a Christian.
Yes, although I was raised up in the Southern Baptist faith, I abandoned Christianity after going on a journey to prove that my beliefs and the bible were validated by empirical evidence. And guess what I learned along the way:“If a person goes on a journey in search of the truth, he or she cannot dictate in advance what that truth will be.”
Cisco Kid wrote:
This explains a lot about your misunderstanding of scripture, one needs the Holy Spirit's guidance to grasp the message and you don't get the Holy Spirit without claiming Jesus as your redeemer.
Well, since the Holy Spirit is necessary, perhaps, you can explain why many of those who professed to be led by this particular spirit are told different things. Namely, some of told that Jesus is God, while other are not; some of told that the law ended at the cross, whereas, the church still keeps the law allegedly regarding tithing money, right?
Cisco Kid wrote:
But just for the record,....you DO need the redeemer, Jesus Christ.
We ALL do.
I have the utmost respect for your belief, even though I do not share it.

Location hidden

#4881 May 21, 2013
little lamb wrote:
If you would be so kind, please cite the specific post number that I made this assertion.
little lamb wrote:
Wow! Perhaps, you did not know that a 1998 article in the Journal of the American Medical Association notes one study that found that 90 percent of pedophiles are men and that 98 percent of these individuals are heterosexual (Holmes & Slap, 1998).

Holmes, W.C. & Slap, G.B.(1998). Sexual abuse of boys: Definition, prevalence, correlates, sequelae and management. Journal of the American Medical Association. 280 (21): 1855-1862.
little lamb wrote:
Please know that this red herring argument is not productive.
little lamb wrote:
Once again, please know that most pedophile are heterosexuals. In fact, only 3 percent of the convicted pedophile were homosexuals, which in my opinion, is 3 percent too high. However, the myth that homosexuals are more likely to molest children is totally unsubstantiated.
little lamb wrote:
Again, your red herring argument only reveals your desperation, with all due respect.
little lamb wrote:
Once again, you cannot put words in my mouth.
little lamb wrote:
Please cite any posts whereas I made any of these alleged claims. But then again, as long as you believe something, then it most exist, right?
little lamb wrote:
Wow! You have made a jester of yourself with these unsubstantiated allegations, yet had the audacity to say that the red herring arguments that you attributed to me as being flawed arguments, right? With all due respect, this is totally laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dating Morals 13 hr arrow 10
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) Wed arrow 43
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) Apr 17 pelham2micci 526
doggy style Apr 17 DeDominicis 3
What Does the Word Say Apr 16 arrow 3
In What Epoch or Era Apr 16 Joey 2
Atheism destroyed with one question (Jan '14) Apr 16 Joey 52