How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Feb 10

Floyd, VA

#4765 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know that you are a liar. Hell is for liars like you, not for we who believe what God said.
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
That means YOU Gary.
If you believe what God says then why do you continue to disobey him?
Telling people that they're going to go to Hell is not the message that you should be sending.
Telling people who Jesus is,that there is a way to avoid from going to Hell and how is the message.
Maybe that's something you can't learn from that (NKJV) Bible of yours but it is what I have learned from the (KJV) Bible.
You don't beat people down with gloom & doom all the time and run them down like you do but you are suppose to lift them up and give people hope and understanding and if they reject it then don't worry about it,let the Lord deal with them.
One thing about Christianity that some if not many has lost the concept of or never had it to begin with is that Christianity is based on serving and worshiping God,not God worshiping and serving Christians.
Ant

Palo Alto, CA

#4766 May 17, 2013
Where exactly is this thread going, there have been 3000+ responses and the question has not been answered. There has been thousands of going back and forth, condemning to hell, and calling the bible a lie and this thread is going no where but to a 10,000 comment thread of name calling and no answer to the question.

-Gays, what are your verses to back your argument as to why you can be Christian and go against what the bible teaches?

-Christians, what are your verses to back your argument as to why Gays can be true Christians?

There can only be ONE TRUTH on this matter, so since the question is " How can a gay be a Christian??" how about letting the bible speak for itself on the matter since a Christian is supposed to follow Gods commands in the bible.

If you are a unbeliever or atheist, this doesn't apply to you since you all don't believe in or follow the Bible.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4767 May 17, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Maybe that's something you can't learn from that (NKJV) Bible of yours but it is what I have learned from the (KJV) Bible.
The KJV also condemns you/liar to Hell forever. Face it Gary. You are Satan's Biblical illiterate liar. You are Biblically ignorant.

Floyd, VA

#4768 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The KJV also condemns you/liar to Hell forever. Face it Gary. You are Satan's Biblical illiterate liar. You are Biblically ignorant.
It also condemns you as well.

Location hidden

#4769 May 17, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
It also condemns you as well.
Your proof is? Your Biblical ignorance. Would your Baptist father condemn you to Hell for your lies? Are you a coward to answer?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4770 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But we know that you are a liar. Hell is for liars like you, not for we who believe what God said.
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
That means YOU Gary.
The biggest liars in America are most of it's televangelists, pastors, and ministers.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4771 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It also condemns many Christians to hell as well.

Matthew 25: 40-46
40 And the king will answer them,‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,[a] you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand,‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer,‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ 45 Then he will answer them,‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Voting for republican that take food stamps and unemployment insurance from poor families will buy a one way ticket to hell according to Jesus.

Floyd, VA

#4772 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proof is? Your Biblical ignorance. Would your Baptist father condemn you to Hell for your lies? Are you a coward to answer?
There's plenty of proof,I have given you proof here and there with and without verse of scriptures.
Your problem is that you think that you are above judgment and accountability of your own,that you are guiltless but what you fail to realize is that you are just as much in danger of eternal damnation as you like to tell others on here that they are.
Your perpetual self-righteousness and hostile misuse of God's word is proof enough.

Floyd, VA

#4775 May 17, 2013
Just Right wrote:
<quoted text>Without verse and scripture, it is just your self deflecting. He asked you if your Baptist father would condemn you to hell. I wish to ask if you love your father and what he stands for. How about your mom, who loved your dad?
This is not about deflecting anything and this is especially not about my parents.
This is about exposing him for being a self righteous,judgmental hypocrite who arrogantly act as if though he is above reproach and accountability just because he says he believes in God.
Yet time after time again he comes on here every day confusing his self righteousness for the righteousness of God,he diminishes all that is holy and good about the Lord Jesus Christ and above all else his continuing misuse and misrepresentation of God's word that he do so in vain is appalling at is not in the spirit of God but instead he does it of the flesh of his own ego in the name of God.

Floyd, VA

#4777 May 17, 2013
Judge Rightly wrote:
<quoted text>No, this is about what causes you to have such hate and why it is incessant and harmful. These are simple questions with simple answers.
Did your Baptist father condemn you to hell? If so, what was the manner in which it was done. Do you love your father and what do you love about him? Do you love your mom who loves your dad who may or may not have condemned you to hell. If you think that he diminishes what ia good and righteous about the Lord Jesus Christ, then perhaps you can tell us all that was good about your dad.
Ulitimately, when a person is without God, it is due to an absence they did not form with their own parents. The thing is this, our parents are given to us as conduits to God and they are to be stewards for God. Parents do not own children and children do not belong to parents. All belong to God and children grow up to be adults and all humans need God.
So, your motivation is quite relevant. Consider it. Does he remind you of your dad and does that make you feel worthless?
Oh,okay,so now its hate and you are wanting to make it out to have something to do with my parents.
A new weapon for a new troll hiding behind religion that you know very little to nothing about.
Well,I got news for you,what you are attempting to do with me isn't going to fly.
I have been introduced and have known the Lord for less than 50 years now.
I have an understanding of the Bible enough to know that you don't go around childishly hounding somebody all day long about them going to Hell especially if you never bother to offer to explain to them that their is a hope of avoiding their own damnation thru Jesus Christ.
I don't hate nor resent Christianity.
I don't even have anything against all Christians.
The fact is,I have watched this clown,dollarsbill,get on here day after day picking fights with those who don't believe in God and condemn those who knows more about the faith than he does.
For all I know,you and dollarsbill are the same person on here because only an idiot who can't find his own head out of his butt if he used a map and flashlight would agree with what he is doing.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4778 May 17, 2013
little lamb wrote:
There is only one god...and that is Jehovah God of Israel...can't be an atheist in other gods if they don't exist to start with...
Well, if you maintained that other Gods do not exist, then you are in fact atheistic toward them, right?

At any rate, "Do you denied the existence of Elohim, which by the way is plural," if you do not mind my asking?

Location hidden

#4779 May 17, 2013
correction: At any rate, "Do you "deny" the existence of Elohim, which by the way is plural," if you do not mind my asking?
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4780 May 17, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
correction: At any rate, "Do you "deny" the existence of Elohim, which by the way is plural," if you do not mind my asking?
Elohim is plural because God is plural, as in The Triune Godhead.

God is one but not solitary.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:
"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."

They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin:
"It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."

The Trinity is One, not three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity."
The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire:
"The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is, i.e., by nature one God."

(C.C.C.)

Location hidden

#4781 May 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Elohim is plural because God is plural, as in The Triune Godhead.
God is one but not solitary.
Well, our very good friend, little lamb, claimed that Jehovah was the only God of Israel. So, I most respectfully ask,“Is God’s name Jehovah or Elohim, or perhaps, His name is Jealous, according to Ex 34:14.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Father, Son, Holy Spirit are not simply names designating modalities of the divine being, for they are really distinct from one another:
"He is not the Father who is the Son, nor is the Son he who is the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit he who is the Father or the Son."
They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin:
"It is the Father who generates, the Son who is begotten, and the Holy Spirit who proceeds."
The Trinity is One, not three Gods, but one God in three persons, the "consubstantial Trinity."
The divine persons do not share the one divinity among themselves but each of them is God whole and entire:
"The Father is that which the Son is, the Son that which the Father is, the Father and the Son that which the Holy Spirit is, i.e., by nature one God." (C.C.C.)
With all due respect, I trust that you realize that you are citing a church doctrine, as opposed to what the scripture explicitly says, i.e.,“there is no god with me”(Deu 32:39); “Hear, O Israel: The LORD thy God is one LORD”(Deu 6:4).

Now, if you wish, I can cite at least 25 other scriptural passages that claim that there in only “one God” alone. As such, I challenge you to refute my claim by citing one passage in the scripture that explicitly mentions the trinity, if you would be so kind.
little lamb

Saint Albans, Australia

#4782 May 17, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you maintained that other Gods do not exist, then you are in fact atheistic toward them, right?
At any rate, "Do you denied the existence of Elohim, which by the way is plural," if you do not mind my asking?
Psalm 95:3

"For Jehovah is the great God, the great King above all gods."

" there are many called gods , in heaven and earth [ god means ruler]but to us there is only one God the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ'

Scripture doesn't deny there are many 'called' god...and doesn't say its right or wrong to "call" them such...they are just not however ..GOD .

++++++++++

After all the ' god of this world is coming but has no hold over me' Jesus said

So Jesus himself called Satan the 'god' of this world...

Although Jesus called Satan a god..Jesus does not recognize him as god and refused to do an act of worship to him.

Got to know the difference in being 'called' God and 'being 'God'
Isaiah 45:5

'I [am] Jehovah, and [there is] none else,[there is] no God beside me:'
Uncircumcised Philistine

Jackson, GA

#4783 May 17, 2013
Ant wrote:
Where exactly is this thread going, there have been 3000+ responses and the question has not been answered. There has been thousands of going back and forth, condemning to hell, and calling the bible a lie and this thread is going no where but to a 10,000 comment thread of name calling and no answer to the question.
-Gays, what are your verses to back your argument as to why you can be Christian and go against what the bible teaches?
-Christians, what are your verses to back your argument as to why Gays can be true Christians?
There can only be ONE TRUTH on this matter, so since the question is " How can a gay be a Christian??" how about letting the bible speak for itself on the matter since a Christian is supposed to follow Gods commands in the bible.
If you are a unbeliever or atheist, this doesn't apply to you since you all don't believe in or follow the Bible.
There will never be an end to this nonsense. Im sure it will go to 5000+ responses with no end on answers

Location hidden

#4784 May 18, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Psalm 95:3
"For Jehovah is the great God, the great King above all gods."
" there are many called gods , in heaven and earth [ god means ruler]but to us there is only one God the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ'
Scripture doesn't deny there are many 'called' god...and doesn't say its right or wrong to "call" them such...they are just not however ..GOD .
++++++++++
After all the ' god of this world is coming but has no hold over me' Jesus said
So Jesus himself called Satan the 'god' of this world...
Although Jesus called Satan a god..Jesus does not recognize him as god and refused to do an act of worship to him.
Got to know the difference in being 'called' God and 'being 'God'
Isaiah 45:5
'I [am] Jehovah, and [there is] none else,[there is] no God beside me:'
With all due respect, I think that we have a miscommunication. In other words, I asked about Elohim, and you responded with Jehovah (Yaweh).

At any rate, please do not be deceived when the word “God” is sometimes written with a capital “G,” while at others times it is written with a small “g.” After all, these are English translations, especially since there is no such distinction in either Hebrew or Greek.
little lamb

Mentone, Australia

#4785 May 18, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I think that we have a miscommunication. In other words, I asked about Elohim, and you responded with Jehovah (Yaweh).
At any rate, please do not be deceived when the word “God” is sometimes written with a capital “G,” while at others times it is written with a small “g.” After all, these are English translations, especially since there is no such distinction in either Hebrew or Greek.
But then ' all scripture is inspired of God.." so whether God has a capital G or small g..scripture means what it says..

You asked about Elohim..meaning gods plural and scripture explains ..many called gods in heaven and earth , but to us there is only one God the Father...

Location hidden

#4786 May 18, 2013
little lamb wrote:
But then ' all scripture is inspired of God.." so whether God has a capital G or small g..scripture means what it says..
You asked about Elohim..meaning gods plural and scripture explains ..many called gods in heaven and earth , but to us there is only one God the Father...
When Paul claimed that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God”(2 Tim 3:16), he also informed us that it was profitable for “reproof” and “correction.” In other words, it appears that Paul was conceding that this inspiration contained errors, especially given what the Prophet Jeremiah had revealed,“How do ye say, We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us? Lo, certainly in vain made he it; the pen of the scribes is in vain”(Jere 8:8). At any rate, please know that Paul was referring to the OT scripture, as opposed to his letters, right?

By the way, why I agree that Elohim is plural, please know that “Eli” isn’t. So with this in mind, please tell us who Jesus called out to on the cross before He gave up the ghost. And if you are not sure, I encourage you to read Mat 27:46, i.e.,“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

Now, perhaps you can explain why Jesus did not call out the name of Yahweh (Jehovah), if you would be so kind.

Location hidden

#4787 May 18, 2013
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest liars in America are most of it's televangelists, pastors, and ministers.
Huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do you really believe in a god? 1 hr 10uhsee 648
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 1 hr 10uhsee 1,380
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 2 hr KAB 5,585
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 2 hr KAB 8,360
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Atheistgirl 20,078
Evidence Against God 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,932
Evidence that Christianity is a fraud 5 hr Jesus Is 5
More from around the web