How can a gay be a Christian??
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4745 May 16, 2013
Judge Rightly wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent.
Thank you.
Without the deep repository of knowledge from The Church it would be nearly impossible.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#4746 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that I have no reason to fool anyone. After all, you can believe whatever you want, although you should know that by now that your beliefs do not always conform to reality, with all due respect.
<quoted text>
Yes, the NT concept of people burning forever because they do not believe in the God of Israel is not found anywhere in the OT. In fact, the word “hell”(according to the OT) simply meant the grave, pit, or a place of the unseen.
<quoted text>
Please know that it is you, not I, who has been regurgitating what others have taught you to believe in to such a degree that that you have become emotionally attached to your imagination, with all due respect.
<quoted text>
Now that you have done your homework, please try to understand what you just posted. For example, please know that when “Gehenna” is a translation for the Hebrew “valley of the sons of Hinnom,” it reveals that the Hebrew understanding had absolutely nothing to do with the NT concept of hell, right? In other words,“valley of the sons of Hinnom” was never a Hebrew translation for the English word “hell.”
<quoted text>
Once again, the “valley of the sons of Hinnom,” does not translate as the Christian concept of “hell,” based on the Hebrew understanding thereof.
<quoted text>
Yes, these are NT concepts of hell, which in essence carry three distinct meanings, i.e.,“hades, Gehenna, and tartarus. However, the only meaning of “hell” that is similar to the Hebrew meaning is hades, which simply means the grave.
Now, if you would like to take this discussion a little deeper, you might discover that your claim about people burning forever is not based in scripture, but rather based on a poem that was written about 500 years ago by John Milton called Paradise Lost. You see, this poem has also convinced many people that Lucifer is Satan, although your Holy Bible never makes this claim either.
Gundee: "...you have become emotionally attached to your imagination,..."

LOL! That's a brilliant description of but one of his many vile affections!
And you are, as ever, a gentleman, Gundee.
Thinking

Oxted, UK

#4747 May 16, 2013
1. Prove satan hasn't warped your mind.
2. Explain why your all powerful invisible cuntoid couldn't delete satan retrospectively in advance.
3. GFY.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Seems" is the key word. Satan has warped your mind. You are blinded and perishing.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4748 May 16, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
WHAT??
Facts and reality don't get in the way of your imagination one bit, do they.
Here’s a biblical fact for you to try to refute: Nowhere in the bible does it ever claim that Satan is Lucifer. And if you disagree, please cite the specific passage that will refute my alleged imaginative claim, if you would be so kind.
Cisco Kid wrote:
You do understand that Milton wrote 1500 years after Jesus spoke?
Yes, I am aware that Milton’s poem entitled “Paradise Lost” is what many of today’s Christian cite as scripture, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Contrary to your endless misinformation, Milton didn't 'invent' the Lucifer label.
I agree that Milton did not invent Lucifer as Satan, but rather than he popularized it. And if you disagree, please cite any explicit scriptural passage that makes any claim to Lucifer being Satan, if you would be so kind. In other words, cite the passage or simply accept that it does not biblically exist, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid wrote:
It comes from where the Syriac scripture version derives the Hebrew noun helel from the verb yalal, "to lament".
St. Jerome agreed with them and makes Lucifer the name of the principal fallen angel who must lament the loss of his original glory bright as the morning star.
Again, please cite the scripture that makes any claim to Lucifer being Satan, as opposed to the Early Church Fathers.
Cisco Kid wrote:
In Christian tradition this meaning of Lucifer has prevailed; the Fathers maintain that Lucifer is not the proper name of the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has fallen (Petavius, De Angelis, III, iii, 4).
Wow! So, you concede that it is Christian traditions, as opposed to scripture, that make the claim that Lucifer is Satan, right?

Location hidden

#4749 May 16, 2013
janeebee wrote:
Gundee: "...you have become emotionally attached to your imagination,..."
LOL! That's a brilliant description of but one of his many vile affections!
And you are, as ever, a gentleman, Gundee.
Thank you for your very kind words.

On the other hand, if I may very respectfully ask, "Have you ever noticed that many people on this forum will sometimes become so emotionally attached to that which is not real that they will minimize, marginalize, or completely ignore irrefutable evidence that contradicts their beliefs?" Nonetheless, what I find to be particularly interesting is when people will willingly and dogmatically believe that which can not be proven, yet disbelieve that which can be proven, in my humble opinion.
little lamb

Australia

#4750 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, if I may very respectfully ask, "Have you ever noticed that many people on this forum will sometimes become so emotionally attached to that which is not real that they will minimize, marginalize, or completely ignore irrefutable evidence that contradicts their beliefs?" Nonetheless, what I find to be particularly interesting is when people will willingly and dogmatically believe that which can not be proven, yet disbelieve that which can be proven, in my humble opinion.
But then some people operate on the senses of touch smell and feel

and forget there are such things as insight and wisdom.

God says his godship is clearly seen in the creation...but that takes INSIGHT...and many don't have that
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4751 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here’s a biblical fact for you to try to refute: Nowhere in the bible does it ever claim that Satan is Lucifer. And if you disagree, please cite the specific passage that will refute my alleged imaginative claim, if you would be so kind.
<quoted text>
Yes, I am aware that Milton’s poem entitled “Paradise Lost” is what many of today’s Christian cite as scripture, with all due respect.
<quoted text>
I agree that Milton did not invent Lucifer as Satan, but rather than he popularized it. And if you disagree, please cite any explicit scriptural passage that makes any claim to Lucifer being Satan, if you would be so kind. In other words, cite the passage or simply accept that it does not biblically exist, with all due respect.
<quoted text>
Again, please cite the scripture that makes any claim to Lucifer being Satan, as opposed to the Early Church Fathers.
<quoted text>
Wow! So, you concede that it is Christian traditions, as opposed to scripture, that make the claim that Lucifer is Satan, right?
Again you misunderstand reality and truth.

I tried so hard to type real slow so you could read and understand what I posted.

Lucifer is not the proper name of the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has fallen, like an adverb describing his state of being.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4752 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, if I may very respectfully ask, "Have you ever noticed that many people on this forum will sometimes become so emotionally attached to that which is not real that they will minimize, marginalize, or completely ignore irrefutable evidence that contradicts their beliefs?" ...
Yes, I have noticed.
In fact it is YOU that continually follows that pattern of denial.
Thinking

Antrim, UK

#4753 May 17, 2013
I just don't see that gundee is unreasonable.

We disagreed on a subject (father's rights) in the past but both parties were able to park it amicably.
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have noticed.

Location hidden

#4754 May 17, 2013
little lamb wrote:
But then some people operate on the senses of touch smell and feel
and forget there are such things as insight and wisdom.
Yes, I totally agree that it would be naïve to only limit one’s knowledge to that of the physical world. However, and with all due respect, please know that there is a difference between insight and wisdom and invincible ignorance.
little lamb wrote:
God says his godship is clearly seen in the creation...but that takes INSIGHT...and many don't have that
Okay, if I may very respectfully ask,“Which of the many Gods are you claiming that says this?” In other words, if you are claiming that the God of Israel said this,” then would it be safe to assume that you are an atheist as it relates to any other God making this particular claim or any other contradictory claim?”&#8195;

Location hidden

#4755 May 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Again you misunderstand reality and truth.
“Is it that I misunderstand reality and truth, or could it be that you have a very limited circumference of awareness thereof,” if you do not mind my asking?
Cisco Kid wrote:
I tried so hard to type real slow so you could read and understand what I posted.
Here’s a newsflash for you: I am not persuaded by your testimonies nor beliefs, but rather by the empirical evidence that you might proffered that will validate your unsubstantiated claims, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Lucifer is not the proper name of the devil, but denotes only the state from which he has fallen, like an adverb describing his state of being.
I highly encourage you to do your homework on the word “Lucifer.” Thus, you might be able to discern that not only Lucifer is not a person, but also it was neither translated, nor does it correspond to any Hebrew word, but rather that it is Latin in origin. And since I think that we can agree that the OT was first written in Hebrew, I welcome your opinion as to why this Latin word only appear one time in the OT (and none in the NT), primarily in the KJV or NKJV, but is omitted in most other versions thereof.

Further, if you would be so kind, please type your response “real slow” so that I might be able to read and understand your perspective (smile).

Location hidden

#4756 May 17, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Yes, I have noticed.
Yes, I must agree that I have denied my imagination of the opportunity to suppress my intelligence. After all, it is through one’s imagination that “all things are possible,” right?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4757 May 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
1. Prove satan hasn't warped your mind.
2. Explain why your all powerful invisible cuntoid couldn't delete satan retrospectively in advance.
3. GFY.
<quoted text>
God is going to send you to Hell together. You'll be a family in Hell with your father Satan. You will hate him as much as he hates you and has deceived you to Hell. But you will be stuck with him forever.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Thinking

Antrim, UK

#4758 May 17, 2013
Are there dogs in your heaven?
If so, what scripture supports that?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God is going to send you to Hell together. You'll be a family in Hell with your father Satan. You will hate him as much as he hates you and has deceived you to Hell. But you will be stuck with him forever.
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#4759 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God may very well send you to Hell as well for taking him and his word in vain like you do on here.
little lamb

Maribyrnong, Australia

#4760 May 17, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

Okay, if I may very respectfully ask,“Which of the many Gods are you claiming that says this?” In other words, if you are claiming that the God of Israel said this,” then would it be safe to assume that you are an atheist as it relates to any other God making this particular claim or any other contradictory claim?”&#8195;
There is only one god...and that is Jehovah God of Israel...can't be an atheist in other gods if they don't exist to start with...

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4761 May 17, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Are there dogs in your heaven?
If so, what scripture supports that?
<quoted text>
There are animals in God's Kingdom. Why not dogs? Dogs can be great friends. Do you have any friends?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4762 May 17, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
God may very well send you to Hell as well for taking him and his word in vain like you do on here.
We can't get past you being a habitual liar. You're still going to Hell, definitely.

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

That means YOU Gary.

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#4763 May 17, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't get past you being a habitual liar. You're still going to Hell, definitely.
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
That means YOU Gary.
...and you are still in danger of going to Hell yourself for your own sins against God.

You don't take God's word in vain nor are you suppose to be self-righteous in his name.
Both of those can lead you to Hell.
You don't believe me?
I'm sure you don't want to.
Nevertheless,read from the King James version Bible of what it says about God hating those of being self righteous in his name and then taking his word that is holy and diminish it.
You have been on here doing both.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4764 May 17, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you are still in danger of going to Hell yourself for your own sins against God.
You don't take God's word in vain nor are you suppose to be self-righteous in his name.
Both of those can lead you to Hell.
You don't believe me?
I'm sure you don't want to.
Nevertheless,read from the King James version Bible of what it says about God hating those of being self righteous in his name and then taking his word that is holy and diminish it.
You have been on here doing both.
But we know that you are a liar. Hell is for liars like you, not for we who believe what God said.

8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

That means YOU Gary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 1 hr Frindly 154
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Frindly 1,714
the pauline paradox 3 hr Ben Avraham 112
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 3 hr Frindly 1,033
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 6 hr Big Al 482
Why christians think they're so much better tha... (Jul '08) 9 hr Seduciary 128
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 10 hr Frindly 2,472
More from around the web