How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

#4723 May 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Every English Bible confirms the translation as 'everlasting', I.E. NEVER ending. Are you saying all our Bibles are wrong and you are right?
Please know that the word "everlasting" is an English translation of a Greek word "aionios." Thus, in order to discern what this Greek word means in the Greek language, you cannot use an English bible, right?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4724 May 15, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that the word "everlasting" is an English translation of a Greek word "aionios." Thus, in order to discern what this Greek word means in the Greek language, you cannot use an English bible, right?
I get it already. You are saying all our English Bibles are in error and you are right. Do you really believe that?

Spring Hill, FL

#4725 May 15, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I get it already. You are saying all our English Bibles are in error and you are right. Do you really believe that?
Well, actually it was you (not I) who said that all English Bibles are in error and that I am right. At any rate, I am claiming that English Bibles cannot dictate what a Greek word means in the Greek language, regardless of what you believe, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#4726 May 15, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, you were not aware that I am heterosexual male.
Yeah,...RIGHT!
Maybe you're fooling yourself, but you ain't fooling anybody else, Bruce.
gundee123 wrote:
At any rate, the doctrine of everlasting fire is a NT concept, rather than something that the God of Israel asserted.
By the way, I thought that Jesus taught those calling others a fool was in endanger of what you considered to be hell fire, right?
Really? You think everlasting hellfire is a new concept?

Do you jut parrot some cult of personality pastor or do you understand God's word?

Gehenna is the Hebrew gê-hinnom (Nehemiah 11:30), or the longer form gê-ben-hinnom (Joshua 15:8), and gê-benê-hinnom (2 Kings 23:10) "valley of the sons of Hinnom".
The Valley of Hinnom is south of Jerusalem and is now called Wadi er-rababi. It was notorious as the scene, in earlier days, of the horrible worship of Moloch. For this reason it was defiled by Josias (2 Kings 23:10), cursed by Jeremias (Jeremiah 7:31-33), and held in abomination by the Jews, who, accordingly, used the name of this valley to designate the abode of the damned (Targ. Jon., Gen., iii, 24; Henoch, c. xxvi).

And Christ adopted this usage of the term.
Besides Hades and Gehenna, we find in the New Testament many other names for the abode of the damned. It is called "lower hell" (Vulgate tartarus)(2 Peter 2:4), "abyss" (Luke 8:31 and elsewhere), "place of torments" (Luke 16:28), "pool of fire" (Revelation 19:20 and elsewhere), "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:42, 50), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12, and elsewhere), "everlasting fire" (Matthew 18:8; 25:41; Jude 7), "exterior darkness" (Matthew 7:12; 22:13; 25:30), "mist" or "storm of darkness" (2 Peter 2:17; Jude 13).
Judge Rightly

Anonymous Proxy

#4727 May 15, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,...RIGHT!
<quoted text>
Do you jut parrot some cult of personality pastor or do you understand God's word?
Gehenna is the Hebrew gê-hinnom (Nehemiah 11:30), or the longer form gê-ben-hinnom (Joshua 15:8), and gê-benê-hinnom (2 Kings 23:10) "valley of the sons of Hinnom".
The Valley of Hinnom is south of Jerusalem and is now called Wadi er-rababi. It was notorious as the scene, in earlier days, of the horrible worship of Moloch. For this reason it was defiled by Josias (2 Kings 23:10), cursed by Jeremias (Jeremiah 7:31-33), and held in abomination by the Jews, who, accordingly, used the name of this valley to designate the abode of the damned (Targ. Jon., Gen., iii, 24; Henoch, c. xxvi).
Besides Hades and Gehenna, we find in the New Testament many other names for the abode of the damned. It is called "lower hell" (Vulgate tartarus)(2 Peter 2:4), "abyss" (Luke 8:31 and elsewhere), "place of torments" (Luke 16:28), "pool of fire" (Revelation 19:20 and elsewhere), "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:42, 50), "unquenchable fire" (Matthew 3:12, and elsewhere), "everlasting fire" (Matthew 18:8; 25:41; Jude 7), "exterior darkness" (Matthew 7:12; 22:13; 25:30), "mist" or "storm of darkness" (2 Peter 2:17; Jude 13).
Excellent.

Location hidden

#4728 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually it was you (not I) who said that all English Bibles are in error and that I am right.
What a liar you are.
Thinking

London, UK

#4729 May 16, 2013
Hello gundee, dumbbill doesn't do logic.

When he falls flat on his face again, he'll just call you a liar - something I have seen no evidence for, btw.
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually it was you (not I) who said that all English Bibles are in error and that I am right. At any rate, I am claiming that English Bibles cannot dictate what a Greek word means in the Greek language, regardless of what you believe, with all due respect.

Location hidden

#4730 May 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
he'll just call you a liar
<quoted text>
Gasp! A liar defending a liar.

Have some Truth you will NEVER forget:

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4732 May 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp! A liar defending a liar.
Have some Truth you will NEVER forget:
Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
Do you know what the worst thing about you is?

You're boring.

Location hidden

#4733 May 16, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You're boring.
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4734 May 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... did you say something?....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ....

Spring Hill, FL

#4735 May 16, 2013
Cisco Kid wrote:
Yeah,...RIGHT!
Please know that I have no reason to fool anyone. After all, you can believe whatever you want, although you should know that by now that your beliefs do not always conform to reality, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Yes, the NT concept of people burning forever because they do not believe in the God of Israel is not found anywhere in the OT. In fact, the word “hell”(according to the OT) simply meant the grave, pit, or a place of the unseen.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Please know that it is you, not I, who has been regurgitating what others have taught you to believe in to such a degree that that you have become emotionally attached to your imagination, with all due respect.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Now that you have done your homework, please try to understand what you just posted. For example, please know that when “Gehenna” is a translation for the Hebrew “valley of the sons of Hinnom,” it reveals that the Hebrew understanding had absolutely nothing to do with the NT concept of hell, right? In other words,“valley of the sons of Hinnom” was never a Hebrew translation for the English word “hell.”
Cisco Kid wrote:
Once again, the “valley of the sons of Hinnom,” does not translate as the Christian concept of “hell,” based on the Hebrew understanding thereof.
Cisco Kid wrote:
Yes, these are NT concepts of hell, which in essence carry three distinct meanings, i.e.,“hades, Gehenna, and tartarus. However, the only meaning of “hell” that is similar to the Hebrew meaning is hades, which simply means the grave.

Now, if you would like to take this discussion a little deeper, you might discover that your claim about people burning forever is not based in scripture, but rather based on a poem that was written about 500 years ago by John Milton called Paradise Lost. You see, this poem has also convinced many people that Lucifer is Satan, although your Holy Bible never makes this claim either.

Spring Hill, FL

#4736 May 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
What a liar you are.
A liar? If this is contention, then let us review our previous debate as follows:
dollarsbill wrote:
Every English Bible confirms the translation as 'everlasting', I.E. NEVER ending. Are you saying all our Bibles are wrong and you are right?- post #4721
gundee123 wrote:
Please know that the word "everlasting" is an English translation of a Greek word "aionios." Thus, in order to discern what this Greek word means in the Greek language, you cannot use an English bible, right?– post #4723
dollarsbill wrote:
I get it already. You are saying all our English Bibles are in error and you are right. Do you really believe that?– post #4724
gundee123 wrote:
Well, actually it was you (not I) who said that all English Bibles are in error and that I am right.– post #4725
dollarsbill wrote:
What a liar you are.– post #4728
Well, please take a closer look at post #4724, whereas you specifically attempted to use a straw man argument to put the following words in mouth, i.e.,“all English Bibles are in error and you are right[.]” However, what I was actually saying at post #4723 was that you cannot use an English bible to discern what a Greek word means. In fact, nowhere in this post did I mention anything about “English Bibles” being in error or claiming that I was right.

Nonetheless, when I pointed out that “it was you (not I) who had proffered a straw man argument, you responded by saying “What a liar you are,” right? So, with all due respect, my very good friend, dollarsbill, I think that you would be wise to not falsely accuse others of lying, especially when the evidence against you is overwhelming, right (smile)?

Spring Hill, FL

#4737 May 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Hello gundee, dumbbill doesn't do logic.
When he falls flat on his face again, he'll just call you a liar - something I have seen no evidence for, btw.
Hi there, Thinking. And yes, I agree that accusing others of lying is somewhat of a habit for him. However, I will respond by simply letting the evidence speak for itself.
Thinking

London, UK

#4738 May 16, 2013
Why is it that a supposedly all powerful god seems only able to communicate through retarded nutjobs like dumbbill?
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
You're boring.

Location hidden

#4739 May 16, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... did you say something?....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. ....
Yeah.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil,...
there is no truth in him.,...
, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Location hidden

#4740 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
A liar? If this is contention, then let us review our previous debate as follows:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well, please take a closer look at post #4724, whereas you specifically attempted to use a straw man argument to put the following words in mouth, i.e.,“all English Bibles are in error and you are right[.]” However, what I was actually saying at post #4723 was that you cannot use an English bible to discern what a Greek word means. In fact, nowhere in this post did I mention anything about “English Bibles” being in error or claiming that I was right.
Nonetheless, when I pointed out that “it was you (not I) who had proffered a straw man argument, you responded by saying “What a liar you are,” right? So, with all due respect, my very good friend, dollarsbill, I think that you would be wise to not falsely accuse others of lying, especially when the evidence against you is overwhelming, right (smile)?
I get it. You are clearly illiterate.

Location hidden

#4741 May 16, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there, Thinking. And yes, I agree that accusing others of lying is somewhat of a habit for him. However, I will respond by simply letting the evidence speak for itself.
Take your choice, you're either a liar, illiterate, or both.

Location hidden

#4742 May 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Why is it that a supposedly all powerful god seems only able to communicate through retarded nutjobs like dumbbill?
<quoted text>
"Seems" is the key word. Satan has warped your mind. You are blinded and perishing.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Spring Hill, FL

#4743 May 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I get it. You are clearly illiterate.
Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 9 min Reading along 158
Religious Freedom 17 min Reading along 104
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 2 hr 2all 2,569
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 2 hr Big Al 238
all religions are myths and fictions 3 hr Passing thru 50
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 3 hr Allen Richards 219
Christianity is absurd (Apr '13) 8 hr mark 1,203
More from around the web