How can a gay be a Christian??

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4366 May 4, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>This is true, Native aka Rose, is very deceitful and very selfish. Part of normal development in children is when they learn to stop saying "I, me, mine" s much and say "here" and extend to others. She never learned this developmental trait.
How did you learn to type with a penis in your mouth? Man, you're talented!

:-/
Thinking

Decatur, GA

#4367 May 4, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you learn to type with a penis in your mouth? Man, you're talented!
:-/
I bet your probably even uglier in real life than that picture, you sick and wicked demon spirited atheist scum.

Revelation 21:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#4368 May 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
I bet your probably even uglier in real life than that picture, you sick and wicked demon spirited atheist scum.
Well, I don't classify myself as a male model or anything but I'm not too hard on the eyes. And we don't need an avatar to know what an ugly human being you are, it comes through with every word you type, christian failure.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#4372 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text being gay is still a choice.
No.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#4373 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot something, demon.
Revelation 21:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
lulz

Roland_Deschain

UK

#4376 May 5, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>According to the APA president it is,so YES.
I am unable to find anything on the APA site which supports your claim.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...

Are you sure you don't mean an EX APA president?

Roland_Deschain

UK

#4378 May 5, 2013
"CHRISTIAN fundie John Paulk once co-authored a book with his wife called Love Won Out: How God’s Love Helped Two People Leave Homosexuality and Find Each Other but this week he urged people to disregard everything it contained.

Paulk. for years the poster boy for the Christian “ex-gay” movement, has formally renounced his anti-gay propagandising and says he is “truly, truly sorry for the pain I have caused” in preaching that gays and lesbians could become straight through prayer and counseling.

According to this report, in a series of rapid developments over recent days, Paulk also said that his 20-year marriage to his “ex-lesbian” wife Anne has hit the buffers.

Paulk said in a lengthy apology distributed to various gay publications:

Please allow me to be clear: I do not believe that reparative therapy changes sexual orientation; in fact, it does great harm to many people. From the bottom of my heart I wish I could take back my words and actions that caused anger, depression, guilt and hopelessness. In their place I want to extend love, hope, tenderness, joy and the truth that gay people are loved by God.

He added:

Today, I see LGBT people for who they are — beloved, cherished children of God. I offer my most sincere and heartfelt apology to men, women, and especially children and teens who felt unlovable, unworthy, shamed or thrown away by God or the church.

Paulk is the former chairman of Exodus International, a Christian ministry devoted to “reparative therapy”. But Paulk’s troubles with the ministry began when was spotted at a gay bar in Washington in September 2000, and he eventually left the ex-gay movement in 2003.

Since then,”reparative therapy” has steadily crumbled under the weight of scandals, defections, and a growing body of research that has undermined its basic claims.

Anne Paulk, though, is most decidedly not on the same page as husband. She issued a statement of her own through the Restored Hope Network — another quack “gay cure” Christian ministry, saying:

His conclusions and mine are very different in key ways. Christ is still at work changing lives into conformity with God’s will expressed in the Bible."

http://tinyurl.com/cl6zpev

Roland_Deschain

UK

#4381 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, the APA president
FORMER APA president.
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
When you mention John Paulk, that would be like mentioning an ex-AA officer who fail off the wagon.
So John Paulk and the former APA president cancel each other out?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
You have the opportunity to produce those successful conversion therapy studies that the APA reviewed, but you can not since they never reviewed any. You also have the opportunity to present those failed conversion therapy studies, but you can not since they do not exist. Opinion is one thing, bias the same, but since gays have taunted the APA as the gay savior, perhaps you should present the evidence to support it. The truth is that the APA has steadily crumbled under the weight of scandals, defections, and a growing body of research that has undermined its basic claims. I.E. the Rind Study, senate review, forced revision of the DSM-IV and threats over the loss of their credentials.
I was merely pointing out your....sorry Oscar's failure to mention they were referring to a FORMER APA president. BTW, why should I believe anything you / Oscar says?
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
noted that not one thread of evidence has ever been presented that conversion therapy is harmful.
It does not work. The original study was flawed. The person responsible admits this.

"several months ago I told you that because of my revised view of my 2001 study of reparative therapy changing sexual orientation, I was considering writing something that would acknowledge that I now judged the major critiques of the study as largely correct. After discussing my revised view of the study with Gabriel Arana, a reporter for American Prospect, and with Malcolm Ritter, an Associated Press science writer, I decided that I had to make public my current thinking about the study.

Here it is.

Basic Research Question. From the beginning it was:“can some version of reparative therapy enable individuals to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual?” Realizing that the study design made it impossible to answer this question, I suggested that the study could be viewed as answering the question,“how do individuals undergoing reparative therapy describe changes in sexual orientation?”– a not very interesting question.

The Fatal Flaw in the Study – There was no way to judge the credibility of subject reports of change in sexual orientation. I offered several (unconvincing) reasons why it was reasonable to assume that the subject’s reports of change were credible and not self-deception or outright lying. But the simple fact is that there was no way to determine if the subject’s accounts of change were valid.

I believe I owe the gay community an apology for my study making unproven claims of the efficacy of reparative therapy. I also apologize to any gay person who wasted time and energy undergoing some form of reparative therapy because they believed that I had proven that reparative therapy works with some “highly motivated” individuals.

Robert Spitzer. M.D.
Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry,
Columbia University"

http://www.truthwinsout.org/news/2012/04/2454...

The flaws have been known about for some time.

http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/fa...

Roland_Deschain

UK

#4382 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>It is a fact that all gays were abused prior to being gay, the only question is when and whose d--k it was.
No.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4383 May 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent or burn in Hell forever.
Mark 9:43-44 (NKJV)
43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched-- 44 where 'Their worm does not die, And the fire is not quenched.'
Hon, the Bible was written by believers FOR believers only. The Bible does NOT pertain to anyone other than believers.
Any and all judgment mentioned in the Bible pertains TO believers only, meaning those believers who either sinned or returned to some of their pagan beliefs, etc.
The Bible does NOT pertain to those who do not believe.
The sooner you figure this one out, hon, the better off you will be.
And, NO, God will NOT use the Bible to judge unbelievers.

“Still Politically Incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#4384 May 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Hon, the Bible was written by believers FOR believers only. The Bible does NOT pertain to anyone other than believers.
Any and all judgment mentioned in the Bible pertains TO believers only, meaning those believers who either sinned or returned to some of their pagan beliefs, etc.
Nettie,that's how he prefers to advocate his Christian beliefs.
Believe me,the only thing that you will ever get out of him is telling you stuff like you're going to burn in Hell and that you're a child of Satan and things of that nature.
He's not on here to spread the good news like he is suppose to but instead he's just on here looking for sinners to throw in the fire.
Hallelujah

Dayton, VA

#4385 May 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Hon, the Bible was written by believers FOR believers only. The Bible does NOT pertain to anyone other than believers.
Considering you are a believer then all this applies to you too and God knows the truth about you.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4386 May 5, 2013
TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Gundee is right, the words hell, gay, homosexual, heaven, black, white, straight, and even the word "word" are not found in the original Hebrew text. Because the words are not Hebrew.
So all our English Bibles are in error and you are right? Nah.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4387 May 5, 2013
Hallelujah wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering you are a believer then all this applies to you too and God knows the truth about you.
Oh, for goodness sake.
All Christians know this.
Thing is, YOU don't, and it is eating you up.
Live with it.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4388 May 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
Hell is for believers? LOL!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4389 May 5, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Nettie,that's how he prefers to advocate his Christian beliefs.
Believe me,the only thing that you will ever get out of him is telling you stuff like you're going to burn in Hell and that you're a child of Satan and things of that nature.
He's not on here to spread the good news like he is suppose to but instead he's just on here looking for sinners to throw in the fire.
I'm here to warn you of your future in Hell.
Hallelujah

Dayton, VA

#4390 May 5, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for goodness sake.
All Christians know this.
Thing is, YOU don't, and it is eating you up.
Live with it.
I do know this but you continue to judge every God loving heterosexual that stands up to the gay cult which shows you are only here to bully anyone that stands firmly in his/her love of God.

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#4391 May 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here to warn you of your future in Hell.
Exactly as expected.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#4392 May 5, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly as expected.
You may still have some hope, maybe.

And Damn Proud Of It Too

#4393 May 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You may still have some hope, maybe.
bill,its been said,even in your own faith,that for as long as there is breath there is hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did Christ come to Earth? (Oct '16) 2 hr AFollower 1,605
jesus will never return 5 hr blacklagoon 3 483
Why has God stop communicating with man? 6 hr blacklagoon 3 207
Our time is here, prophecy fulfilled! 13 hr blacklagoon 3 36
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? Sat ZDF 601
America is a constitutional republic, based on ... Fri Bloodflower 43
Gambler's Abyss: Deuteronomy Fri Bloodflower 2
More from around the web