Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually,you really don't know your own Bible,as I have indicated.
Your own postings proves that you don't.
You only know how to pick something out of it to misconstrue it enough to try and validate your own interpretations and opinions of people and the events that occurred.
Noted Jewish scholars are much more qualified than you and I to tell us what the book of Leviticus is about, hon.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Noted Jewish scholars are much more qualified than you and I to tell us what the book of Leviticus is about, hon.
Maybe,but you're not qualified at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
The meaning is very clear.
It is you, therefore, who wishes to cherry pick from your bible.
<quoted text>
I didn't cherry pick,I don't have to,but you obviously do.
You are picking out verse of scriptures to try and validate an opinion of yours that is just not there.

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is another example of cherry picking scriptures,misconstruing the facts to validate one's own interpretations and opinions of what the Bible actuality says.
Cherry pick this,
Leviticus 25:44-46
New Living Translation (NLT)
44.“However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45. You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46. passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry pick this,
Leviticus 25:44-46
New Living Translation (NLT)
44.“However, you may purchase male and female slaves from among the nations around you. 45. You may also purchase the children of temporary residents who live among you, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, 46. passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat them as slaves, but you must never treat your fellow Israelites this way."
There you go,that's the problem right there.
A book,NLT,that came out which totally misconstrues the original meaning of what the original Bible says.
I see the problem now,you all are quoting scriptures from someone who rewrote the Bible that didn't know what the hell they was doing or even have a clue as to what the original Bible was talking about.
Whose the idiot that wrote The New Living Translation Bible anyway,Barack Obama?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>WTF, the entire bible is a clusterfluck of misinterpretations. You freaks keep pointing out that homosexuals are going to hell. You dumbazzes don't understand that there is no such word in HEBREW, Aramaic, Latin, or Greek.
Once again, just the distorted facts strikes back again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Think for Yourself”

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go,that's the problem right there.
A book,NLT,that came out which totally misconstrues the original meaning of what the original Bible says.
I see the problem now,you all are quoting scriptures from someone who rewrote the Bible that didn't know what the hell they was doing or even have a clue as to what the original Bible was talking about.
Whose the idiot that wrote The New Living Translation Bible anyway,Barack Obama?
The only difference with the NLT version and the KJV version is, that instead of the word slave, the word bondsman is used, and what has Barack Obama got to do with it? The meaning of both versions is the same!

bondsman
Noun bonds·man
1.A person who stands surety for a bond.
2.A slave.

gaxxax

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

youtube.com/watch... …… Get Lucky Sometimes

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

par five wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference with the NLT version and the KJV version is, that instead of the word slave, the word bondsman is used, and what has Barack Obama got to do with it? The meaning of both versions is the same!
bondsman
Noun bonds·man
1.A person who stands surety for a bond.
2.A slave.
The difference is the NLT distorts the truth and facts from the originality.
That is why folks like you are confusing the facts because you are using a book that is deliberately flawed for the sole purpose to confuse you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are just that Facts..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
except your "facts" are nothing more than disgruntle opinions.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
No,the Bible spoke of slavery that was going on in those times,not endorsed it.
That's not true at all.

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46)

You're the one who doesn't know his own Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Even Jesus condoned slavery:

"All you Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is the NLT distorts the truth and facts from the originality.
That is why folks like you are confusing the facts because you are using a book that is deliberately flawed for the sole purpose to confuse you.
Wrong again.

In the original Greek, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 contains the word "douloi" which is the Greek word for "slaves."

http://biblesuite.com/greek/1401.htm

And in the original Hebrew, Leviticus 25:44 uses the word "achuzzah" which is Hebrew for "property."

http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/272.htm

The Bible not only condones slavery, it gives specific instruction on whom you can enslave, how hard you can beat them, what you can execute them for, and when (if ever) you can set them free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
In the original Greek, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 contains the word "douloi" which is the Greek word for "slaves."
http://biblesuite.com/greek/1401.htm
And in the original Hebrew, Leviticus 25:44 uses the word "achuzzah" which is Hebrew for "property."
http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/272.htm
The Bible not only condones slavery, it gives specific instruction on whom you can enslave, how hard you can beat them, what you can execute them for, and when (if ever) you can set them free.
Like I said,you all confuse misinterpretations for facts when they are not facts at all yet nobody on Earth is going to get you to realize that because you have to realize that on your own.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said,you all confuse misinterpretations for facts when they are not facts at all yet nobody on Earth is going to get you to realize that because you have to realize that on your own.
FACT is that women were also considered property and treated AS property in the Bible.
Jesus was the first man in the Bible to treat women with worth and dignity and that is the truth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>FACT is that women were also considered property and treated AS property in the Bible.
Jesus was the first man in the Bible to treat women with worth and dignity and that is the truth.
That is in the Qu'ran to treat women as property,not the Bible nor your Bible.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
That is in the Qu'ran to treat women as property,not the Bible nor your Bible.
Tell us all about the women of the New Testament, hon.
In Fact, tell us all just when was it that women got the right to vote and own property right here in the U.S.A.

I know the year..........it was the year my mother was born.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
The bible told slaves to stay as slaves.
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.- 1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT
<quoted text>
First of all, that passage is NOT telling slaves to stay slaves, it's instructing slaves to respect their masters.
And secondly, there was no mention of "Christians" in that passage originally. It's a corruption of the original passage that was later added to The WORD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us all about the women of the New Testament, hon.
In Fact, tell us all just when was it that women got the right to vote and own property right here in the U.S.A.
I know the year..........it was the year my mother was born.
They're not in the Old Testament?

They got to vote when they burned their bras,damn,I wish I was around to have seen that.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not in the Old Testament?
They got to vote when they burned their bras,damn,I wish I was around to have seen that.
Wrong.
OT and NT.

1920, btw, is the correct answer.

During the 1960's, women started protesting for equal rights. Women before the 1960's were known as housewives and mothers and nothing but those two things.
Women burned their bras because they felt that it proved a statement or made a stand for Women's Rights. Another reason they burned their bras was because it was a symbol that showed independence of men at the time. The women that didn't burn their bras often walked around wearing no bra at all. This was also meant to show independence of men. Many women thought that it meant freedom to be natural instead of pushed up. At the Miss America Protest there were trashcans that women called freedom trashcans. Women threw things such as bras, girdles, curlers, tweezers, high heels, etc. into them to be burned.
https://sites.google.com/a/lakewoodcityschool...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,781 - 2,800 of4,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
About Dollarsbill .... 3 min NDanger 19
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 4 min NDanger 199
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 5 min paganbirdkeeper666 10,069
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 5 min Big Al 1,288
Should I move out or not? 5 min QUITTNER on July 23 2014 11
omg -- must watch 15 min stupid is not a disease 3
Why would God allow MH17 to be shot down??? 24 min stupid is not a disease 48
A Message from Nettie 7 hr par five 777
•••