How can a gay be a Christian??

“Live &”

Since: Feb 10

Learn

#3430 Apr 12, 2013
par five wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference with the NLT version and the KJV version is, that instead of the word slave, the word bondsman is used, and what has Barack Obama got to do with it? The meaning of both versions is the same!
bondsman
Noun bondsĀ·man
1.A person who stands surety for a bond.
2.A slave.
The difference is the NLT distorts the truth and facts from the originality.
That is why folks like you are confusing the facts because you are using a book that is deliberately flawed for the sole purpose to confuse you.

“Live &”

Learn

#3431 Apr 12, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are just that Facts..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHjsaEK4vnwXX
except your "facts" are nothing more than disgruntle opinions.

Location hidden

#3432 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
No,the Bible spoke of slavery that was going on in those times,not endorsed it.
That's not true at all.

"You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46)

You're the one who doesn't know his own Bible.

Location hidden

#3433 Apr 12, 2013
Even Jesus condoned slavery:

"All you Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

Location hidden

#3434 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is the NLT distorts the truth and facts from the originality.
That is why folks like you are confusing the facts because you are using a book that is deliberately flawed for the sole purpose to confuse you.
Wrong again.

In the original Greek, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 contains the word "douloi" which is the Greek word for "slaves."

http://biblesuite.com/greek/1401.htm

And in the original Hebrew, Leviticus 25:44 uses the word "achuzzah" which is Hebrew for "property."

http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/272.htm

The Bible not only condones slavery, it gives specific instruction on whom you can enslave, how hard you can beat them, what you can execute them for, and when (if ever) you can set them free.

“Live &”

Learn

#3435 Apr 12, 2013
HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
In the original Greek, 1 Timothy 6:1-2 contains the word "douloi" which is the Greek word for "slaves."
http://biblesuite.com/greek/1401.htm
And in the original Hebrew, Leviticus 25:44 uses the word "achuzzah" which is Hebrew for "property."
http://biblesuite.com/hebrew/272.htm
The Bible not only condones slavery, it gives specific instruction on whom you can enslave, how hard you can beat them, what you can execute them for, and when (if ever) you can set them free.
Like I said,you all confuse misinterpretations for facts when they are not facts at all yet nobody on Earth is going to get you to realize that because you have to realize that on your own.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3436 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said,you all confuse misinterpretations for facts when they are not facts at all yet nobody on Earth is going to get you to realize that because you have to realize that on your own.
FACT is that women were also considered property and treated AS property in the Bible.
Jesus was the first man in the Bible to treat women with worth and dignity and that is the truth.

“Live &”

Learn

#3437 Apr 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>FACT is that women were also considered property and treated AS property in the Bible.
Jesus was the first man in the Bible to treat women with worth and dignity and that is the truth.
That is in the Qu'ran to treat women as property,not the Bible nor your Bible.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3438 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
That is in the Qu'ran to treat women as property,not the Bible nor your Bible.
Tell us all about the women of the New Testament, hon.
In Fact, tell us all just when was it that women got the right to vote and own property right here in the U.S.A.

I know the year..........it was the year my mother was born.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#3439 Apr 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Wrong.
The bible told slaves to stay as slaves.
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.- 1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT
<quoted text>
First of all, that passage is NOT telling slaves to stay slaves, it's instructing slaves to respect their masters.
And secondly, there was no mention of "Christians" in that passage originally. It's a corruption of the original passage that was later added to The WORD.

“Live &”

Learn

#3441 Apr 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Tell us all about the women of the New Testament, hon.
In Fact, tell us all just when was it that women got the right to vote and own property right here in the U.S.A.
I know the year..........it was the year my mother was born.
They're not in the Old Testament?

They got to vote when they burned their bras,damn,I wish I was around to have seen that.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3442 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
They got to vote when they burned their bras,damn,I wish I was around to have seen that.
Wrong.
OT and NT.

1920, btw, is the correct answer.

During the 1960's, women started protesting for equal rights. Women before the 1960's were known as housewives and mothers and nothing but those two things.
Women burned their bras because they felt that it proved a statement or made a stand for Women's Rights. Another reason they burned their bras was because it was a symbol that showed independence of men at the time. The women that didn't burn their bras often walked around wearing no bra at all. This was also meant to show independence of men. Many women thought that it meant freedom to be natural instead of pushed up. At the Miss America Protest there were trashcans that women called freedom trashcans. Women threw things such as bras, girdles, curlers, tweezers, high heels, etc. into them to be burned.
https://sites.google.com/a/lakewoodcityschool...

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3443 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reply to me here is a prime example of why I would never actually count on being able to go to you with any question.
I know more than you do.
I will count on those who DO know more than me, and there are many.

“Live &”

Learn

#3444 Apr 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Your reply to me here is a prime example of why I would never actually count on being able to go to you with any question.
I know more than you do.
I will count on those who DO know more than me, and there are many.
Well,maybe you should listen to them that know more than you do and see what they have to say.
I guarantee you that what they believe and have to say is not what you might want to hear or believe.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3445 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,maybe you should listen to them that know more than you do and see what they have to say.
I guarantee you that what they believe and have to say is not what you might want to hear or believe.
If you mean fundie, nope.
I already know what they believe, hon.
And, I know what they promote..........hatred and bigotry and ignorance and narrow-mindedness.
:)

“Live &”

Learn

#3446 Apr 12, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>If you mean fundie, nope.
I already know what they believe, hon.
And, I know what they promote..........hatred and bigotry and ignorance and narrow-mindedness.
:)
No,I mean those of your own.
There are people of your Catholic faith that has been around a lot longer than you have and they know far more than you do and they also have enough dignity about them selves to act the way a true Catholic suppose to.
Why do you think that they exalt Peter and the saints,the virgin Mary and God the father and strive to be closer to them ?
Do you think its all whistles and bells,do you think that they play dress up or does those robes,caps and so forth have a true spiritual meaning behind it?
Everything they say and do is of spiritual and humanitarian value.
I just can't see a whole cathedral full of Catholics eating sour grapes and drinking such bitter water as you do.
Every true Catholic knows that they are not perfect and that they do have faults and hang ups in life,if they didn't then there would be no need to hear confessions and asking for forgiveness.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#3447 Apr 12, 2013
It's "who is", fucktard.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose the idiot that wrote The New Living Translation Bible anyway,Barack Obama?
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#3448 Apr 12, 2013
Bollocks.

Scripture is bollocks.

Defenders of twisted scripture are cu*ting morons.
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, that passage is NOT telling slaves to stay slaves, it's instructing slaves to respect their masters.
And secondly, there was no mention of "Christians" in that passage originally. It's a corruption of the original passage that was later added to The WORD.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3449 Apr 12, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I mean those of your own.
There are people of your Catholic faith that has been around a lot longer than you have and they know far more than you do and they also have enough dignity about them selves to act the way a true Catholic suppose to.
Why do you think that they exalt Peter and the saints,the virgin Mary and God the father and strive to be closer to them ?
Do you think its all whistles and bells,do you think that they play dress up or does those robes,caps and so forth have a true spiritual meaning behind it?
Everything they say and do is of spiritual and humanitarian value.
I just can't see a whole cathedral full of Catholics eating sour grapes and drinking such bitter water as you do.
Every true Catholic knows that they are not perfect and that they do have faults and hang ups in life,if they didn't then there would be no need to hear confessions and asking for forgiveness.
You make up stuff as you go along!
Seems that you have had a lot of practice doing just that!

I have never once claimed to be without fault.
Of course, Church fathers know more than I do as to the Catholic faith.
Yet, I surely do count on Catholic sites to share/explain any answers I give concerning it.
I do not just count on my own thoughts of it. I have learned a lot about my own faith IN doing this.

Your problem is looking for a Catholic to 'act' a certain way.
There are over a billion Catholics; not one of them is the same; not one of them 'acts' the same. Yet, they all share the same beliefs.

I am wondering here just why you keep going back to this notion of 'acting' in a certain way.
My educated guess is that you don't even know many Catholics. You surely don't know much about the Catholic faith.

“Live &”

Learn

#3450 Apr 12, 2013
Thinking wrote:
It's "who is", fucktard.
<quoted text>
Nice very nice.
Here's an ideal,while you're "thinking" up some more insults and names to call me,why don't you go think me up a cup of coffee and a chocolate covered doughnut with those little sprinkles on top of it while you're "thinking".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Does God Hate? 1 hr Big Al 136
God has Granted Repentance that Leads to Life -... 11 hr fundeefreaks 4
Why should God bless America!? (Dec '15) 13 hr RiccardoFire 193
According to the Bible, is anal sex between a m... (Oct '10) 17 hr religiousnuts 191
The People's Lounge (Mar '09) Mon FSM 4,440
News New figures show debt crises are growing across... May 19 nanoanomaly 1
Dating Morals May 18 arrow 24