How can a gay be a Christian??

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3266 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell you, but Gods law is greater than mans law at all times. Mans law could tell us it is okay to kill people, but Gods law will never tolerate that.
You can twist the scriptures all you want, but God made man for woman and there is no way around that. You state may recognize your same sex marriage, but God never will, so good luck with that on judgement day.
You may not believe or follow the bible, so your opinion on a Christian forum is completely irrelevant.
Violate the laws of this Country and see what happens......God will not do anything to you.....the Courts will remove your freedom to come and go as you please depending on what law you broke!!!

Regardless of what you believe God did, God created people for a purpose that you truly don't understand......God created some women infertile, why? He and He alone knows why........you don't, nor did God bother to ask your opinion before doing so!!!

Actually God did say it was okay to kill people, there are contradictions throughout the bible......try educating yourself on that book you believe in so much......you might truly learn something!!!

Funny how idiots like yourself think they can speak FOR God, but can't because they are clueless as to what God will do......by the way, I may be married to a woman and it is legal where we live, but it is NOT a "SAME-SEX" Marriage, it is just a LEGAL MARRIAGE that involves 2 women.......nothing on our Marriage License says "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" on it......in fact our marriage license is similar to ANY OTHER LEGAL MARRIAGE LICENSE ISSUED IN CALIFORNIA prior to the passage of Prop 8!!!

Oh and I have no fear of facing God on my judgment day.......why? Because God knows everything about me......there is nothing hidden and God knows my soul, you on the other hand judge me based on what you believe is wrong.......but God will not be asking for your advice!!!
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#3267 Apr 10, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus never said a word about homosexuality.
He didnt have to, they knew the law and the law says homosexuality is wrong, digestible, and a abomination in the eyes of God. Jesus also didnt mention bestiality, or not to have sex with your relatives, but that doesnt make that right.

Jesus, Paul, and the disciples did speak against sexual immorality and homosexuality is sexual immorality. They all taught from the scriptures and they dont contradict each other.
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#3268 Apr 10, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Violate the laws of this Country and see what happens......God will not do anything to you.....the Courts will remove your freedom to come and go as you please depending on what law you broke!!!
Regardless of what you believe God did, God created people for a purpose that you truly don't understand......God created some women infertile, why? He and He alone knows why........you don't, nor did God bother to ask your opinion before doing so!!!
Actually God did say it was okay to kill people, there are contradictions throughout the bible......try educating yourself on that book you believe in so much......you might truly learn something!!!
Funny how idiots like yourself think they can speak FOR God, but can't because they are clueless as to what God will do......by the way, I may be married to a woman and it is legal where we live, but it is NOT a "SAME-SEX" Marriage, it is just a LEGAL MARRIAGE that involves 2 women.......nothing on our Marriage License says "GAY" or "SAME-SEX" on it......in fact our marriage license is similar to ANY OTHER LEGAL MARRIAGE LICENSE ISSUED IN CALIFORNIA prior to the passage of Prop 8!!!
Oh and I have no fear of facing God on my judgment day.......why? Because God knows everything about me......there is nothing hidden and God knows my soul, you on the other hand judge me based on what you believe is wrong.......but God will not be asking for your advice!!!
The bible also commands us to obey the laws of the land, so i follow those too, so nice try on that one.

There you go fooling yourself again, your LEGAL MARRIAGE that involves 2 women is a SAME SEX MARRIAGE, no matter how you try to fool your self or God, it is not going to pass before him on judgement day. You cannot not have a child with 2 women involves unless you go the unnatural path.

Its not what I believe, ITS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS that matters, but since you dont believe in the bible or care what it says, good luck to you when you stand infront of Jesus and have to give an account for the sinful lifestyle that is outside the will of God that your living. Ill still pray for you that one day you open your eyes and see the truth that the scriptures reveal and you repent of your ways.

#3269 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
There you go fooling yourself again, your LEGAL MARRIAGE that involves 2 women is a SAME SEX MARRIAGE, no matter how you try to fool your self or God, it is not going to pass before him on judgement day. You cannot not have a child with 2 women involves unless you go the unnatural path.
Its not what I believe, ITS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS that matters, but since you dont believe in the bible or care what it says, good luck to you when you stand infront of Jesus and have to give an account for the sinful lifestyle that is outside the will of God that your living. Ill still pray for you that one day you open your eyes and see the truth that the scriptures reveal and you repent of your ways.
Nope, it's just a legal marriage that happens to involve 2 women......see, that's a concept you can't grasp!

I don't need to have a child with my wife in order to be legally married to her......there are plenty of heterosexual couples who can't have children or past the childbearing years, yet still are allowed to marry.

Your bible and religious beliefs are IRRELEVANT to the laws of this Country plain and simple......we don't live in a THEOCRACY type form of government!!!

#3270 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
good luck to you when you stand infront of Jesus and have to give an account for the sinful lifestyle that is outside the will of God that your living. Ill still pray for you that one day you open your eyes and see the truth that the scriptures reveal and you repent of your ways.
Do you not read the posts in which you are responding to? You are NOT God, nor is Jesus......and I will have NOTHING to explain to God on my final judgment day....He ALREADY knows everything about me.......I'm not living a sinful life just because I'm a Lesbian.......and you can pray for me all ya want to, but I will NEVER believe in scriptures written by mere men who believed they were Gods!!!
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#3271 Apr 10, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not read the posts in which you are responding to? You are NOT God, nor is Jesus......and I will have NOTHING to explain to God on my final judgment day....He ALREADY knows everything about me.......I'm not living a sinful life just because I'm a Lesbian.......and you can pray for me all ya want to, but I will NEVER believe in scriptures written by mere men who believed they were Gods!!!
This is my point exactly, my point you know nothing about scriptures, so you dont know who will give account to when the bible clearly saws it Jesus you will give an account to.

..."I'm not living a sinful life just because I'm a Lesbian"...sure your not, just keep telling yourself that. If you wont believe what the bible says about your wrongs, you are pretty much just making up your own faith now and thinks God is will turn a blind eye to your sin.

God is not a punk, he preserves and protects his word, so here are some verse you can study and pray on aw well too.

----------
Leviticus 18:22
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:26-29
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,

----------
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3272 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
This is my point exactly, my point you know nothing about scriptures, so you dont know who will give account to when the bible clearly saws it Jesus you will give an account to.
..."I'm not living a sinful life just because I'm a Lesbian"...sure your not, just keep telling yourself that. If you wont believe what the bible says about your wrongs, you are pretty much just making up your own faith now and thinks God is will turn a blind eye to your sin.
God is not a punk, he preserves and protects his word, so here are some verse you can study and pray on aw well too.
----------
Leviticus 18:22
22 You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.
Romans 1:26-29
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers,
----------
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
DOES THE BIBLE PROHIBIT HOMOSEXUALITY, by Rabbi Jacob Milgrom, Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at the University of California, Berkeley

Of course it does (Leviticus) 18: 22; 20: 13), but the prohibition is severely limited. First, it is addressed only to Israel, not to other nations. Second, compliance with this law is a condition for residing in the Holy Land, but is irrelevant outside it (see the closing exhortation, 18: 24-30). Third, it is limited to men; lesbianism is not prohibited. Thus it is incorrect to apply this prohibition on a universal scale.

Moreover, as pointed out by my erstwhile student, Dr. David Stewart, both occurrences of the prohibition (18: 22; 20: 13) contain the phrase "as one lies with a woman" (lit. "lyings a woman"), an idiom used only for illicit heterosexual unions.

Again, according to the rabbi and Bible scholar, Professor Jacob Milgrom, the prestigious translator and commentator of the scholarly Anchor Bible Series Translation of the Book of Leviticus, and the Jewish Publication Society Commentary on the Book of Numbers; the ORIGINAL Hebrew Bible Leviticus texts are referring to NON-ISRAELITE, RELIGIOUS cultic ritual sexual and sexual abuse practices that Israelites were not to imitate when they entered into the Land of Israel. It has nothing at all to do with what we today term as being homosexuality per se, but with cultic religious fertility rituals.

The ORIGINAL LEVITICUS documents of the biblical texts that are today used by the uninformed to deny a spiritual connection to God for homosexuals were not written to address either homosexuals or homosexuality. These documents are actually referring to a prohibition against imitating non-Israelite, foreign CULTIC sexual substitution fertility rituals, and do not condemn anyone who does not use substitutional and/or incestuous sex as a method of gaining Divine favor.
http://home.earthlink.net/~ecorebbe/id18.html

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3273 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Although I am not a Christian, however,I have grew up around Christianity and I do know what the Bible says about homosexuality.
Likewise, I am not a Christian, but I was raised up in the Southern Baptist faith. However, in several of my colleges classes, I have read, studied, and research the origin of the bible, Christianity, and comparable religions. And while I will concede that most Christian denominations reject homosexuality as a sin, I opine that the bible itself does not, based on my own findings and understanding thereof.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
It is stated as an abomination throughout various verses of scriptures.
I most respectfully disagree with your assertion that homosexuality is “stated as an abomination throughout various verses of scripture,” especially since I have only found two places in the bible that specifically states that man lying with mankind is an abomination, i.e.,“Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13. And in neither of these cases do the word “mankind,” which is the Hebrew word for “zakar,” mean homosexual, but rather a “sacred male” who fulfill the part of a female in cultic sexual intercourse in worship of a fertility god.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
The modern tern that is used is "homosexuality" but in verse of scriptures it uses words like "effeminate" of which means (of a man or boy) displaying characteristics regarding as typical of a woman,not manly.
Please know that Paul is the one who coined this term.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Gay men expresses themselves in a feminine gesture,do they not?
Yes, some of them do. However, I do not think that they are doing it in worship of a fertility god.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Another way that identifies homosexuality in the Bible is in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind,that is an abomination."
Please see my previous comment in this regard.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
It even goes on to say in Leviticus 20:13 of which you hear alot of resentment and backlash of "if a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman (meaning two men) both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death,their blood shall be upon them."
Again, the Hebrew word for mankind is zakar, and it associated with some type of sacred ritual in worship of another god, which makes it an abomination. At any rate, neither Lev 18:22 nor 20:13 says “a man lying with a man, but rather a man [isyh] lying with mankind [zakar], right?
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Also,in Romans,1:26-27,where it talks about Lesbians,though it does not use the word "Lesbian" but it describes it and where God gave up on them.
Again, there is no good reason to think that this verse is referring to Lesbians because no where prior to this verse is the issue of women lying with other women ever mentioned. However, there was a condemnation against woman lying with animals, right?
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Its saying that God does not approve and God allows them to destroy them selves.
Well, actually it says that God turned them over to a reprobate mind, right? In other words, since they wanted to worship other Gods, God let them do it.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
I don't care for homosexuals myself, I find it to be unnaturally disgusting but since none has done me wrong in any way then what I say is what they do and what they are has nothing to do with me.
Just like I as an American citizen enjoy being a heterosexual, I think that they as American citizen should also be allowed to love whom they please, as long as it is two consenting adults.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
They are human just as me and you are and they have just as much rights as me and you.
Bingo!....

Location hidden

#3274 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Now I don't know if you're gay or not but that's alright with me if you are, I'm a proud heterosexual and there is so much more about women that I admire that drives me wild yet appreciate than just their physical appearance.

No, I am not gay, but I support their right to love whom they please. And I stand in opposition to those who try to use the bible to justify their bigotry and hatred toward the LBGT community

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3275 Apr 10, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
....<quoted text>
No, I am not gay, but I support their right to love whom they please. And I stand in opposition to those who try to use the bible to justify their bigotry and hatred toward the LBGT community
And now you stoop to lying, like your father Satan.

John 8:44 (NKJV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

Location hidden

#3276 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
According to Jesus, it was the religious leaders whose father was Satan, right? And if so, please know that I am not a religious leader nor Christian.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3277 Apr 10, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Jesus, it was the religious leaders whose father was Satan, right? And if so, please know that I am not a religious leader nor Christian.
He was referring to all liars, like you.

"all liars"

Revelation 21:8 (NKJV)
8 , and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3278 Apr 10, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise, I am not a Christian, but I was raised up in the Southern Baptist faith. However, in several of my colleges classes, I have read, studied, and research the origin of the bible, Christianity, and comparable religions. And while I will concede that most Christian denominations reject homosexuality as a sin, I opine that the bible itself does not, based on my own findings and understanding thereof.
<quoted text>
I most respectfully disagree with your assertion that homosexuality is “stated as an abomination throughout various verses of scripture,” especially since I have only found two places in the bible that specifically states that man lying with mankind is an abomination, i.e.,“Lev 18:22 and Lev 20:13. And in neither of these cases do the word “mankind,” which is the Hebrew word for “zakar,” mean homosexual, but rather a “sacred male” who fulfill the part of a female in cultic sexual intercourse in worship of a fertility god.
<quoted text>
Please know that Paul is the one who coined this term.
<quoted text>
Yes, some of them do. However, I do not think that they are doing it in worship of a fertility god.
<quoted text>
Please see my previous comment in this regard.
<quoted text>
Again, the Hebrew word for mankind is zakar, and it associated with some type of sacred ritual in worship of another god, which makes it an abomination. At any rate, neither Lev 18:22 nor 20:13 says “a man lying with a man, but rather a man [isyh] lying with mankind [zakar], right?
<quoted text>
Again, there is no good reason to think that this verse is referring to Lesbians because no where prior to this verse is the issue of women lying with other women ever mentioned. However, there was a condemnation against woman lying with animals, right?
<quoted text>
Well, actually it says that God turned them over to a reprobate mind, right? In other words, since they wanted to worship other Gods, God let them do it.
<quoted text>
Just like I as an American citizen enjoy being a heterosexual, I think that they as American citizen should also be allowed to love whom they please, as long as it is two consenting adults.
<quoted text>
Bingo!....
The one thing that you and I both know that different denominations like Baptist,Pentecostal,Methodist and Protestant all believe in Christianity yet their version of the doctrine differs a little from one another.
Like one believes in the speaking of tongues while another believes that the speaking of tongues is not for us that it only applies to those that lived in Biblical times,some believes that faith alone is enough to obtain salvation while others believe that you obtain salvation thru good works here on Earth.
Now I believe in my assessment that was taught to me and to me it makes sense yet I know that I can't expect others to believe as I do about homosexuality and the Bible.
Nevertheless,regardless of how I feel towards homosexuals and what I believe and don't believe I have to accept them for who they are and acknowledge that they have just as much rights as I do and it would be wrong to infringe or deprive them of those rights.
Afterall,none of them answers to me and I don't answer to none of them.

Location hidden

#3279 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Lo' and Behold,the holier than thou comes forth from their amen pew.
I do so very much hate how people like you indulges so much on the wrath and judgment of God yet displays no expression of God's love to encourage the lost to come unto him.
If God is love then why offer vinegar?
Surely,there is much more positive things about God than wrath,judgment,hellfire and eternal damnation.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3280 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Lo' and Behold,the holier than thou comes forth from their amen pew.
I do so very much hate how people like you indulges so much on the wrath and judgment of God yet displays no expression of God's love to encourage the lost to come unto him.
If God is love then why offer vinegar?
Surely,there is much more positive things about God than wrath,judgment,hellfire and eternal damnation.
Then you hate the Bible.

Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;

“Darwin died for your sins”

Nunya

#3281 Apr 10, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you may interpret the bible to say about Gays and Lesbians is simply NOT true......Romans is NOT discussing Lesbianism nor is Leviticus discussing Gay men.......but both chapters are used to bash Gays and Lesbians in today's society, yet supposed Christians fail to follow other scriptures because they say they don't apply to them......well, guess what......the bible DOESN'T apply to those who don't believe in it and it doesn't apply to the laws of this Country......so in reality, the bible is IRRELEVANT!!!
Now, you are at least honest in your dislike for Gays and Lesbians......probably because of the old YUCK factor......your right......but know this......there are probably Gays and Lesbians who you do business with that you don't even know about........that's the funny thing about life!!!
By the way, women are great, I know because I am married to a wonderful woman:-)
I'm sure Gary doesn't like gay men due to the "yuckiness" but I have no doubt he/she enjoys a hot lesbian scene.

Location hidden

#3282 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you hate the Bible.
Psalm 111:10 (NKJV)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
I didn't say that I hate the Bible nor did I said that I hated you as a person or even for what you believe in.
I just hate these holier than thou jackals who use the Bible as a tool to induce hatred towards others who don't live a life that suits those like you or that does not believe as you do.
The same hateful rhetoric from those like yourself is the reason why I left the church because that is not God's love,that is not how you win the lost over to God.
You don't tell people something like,"Repent or you will burn in Hell." but instead you tell them about Jesus and how much he loves them and then if they still don't accept him then you leave them alone.
Chances are its not meant for you to lead that person to Christ but they may be inclined to listen to someone else that knows how to talk to them about the Lord in a kinder and more gentler way.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#3283 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
The same hateful rhetoric from those like yourself ...
"Hateful rhetoric"? Such as?

Location hidden

#3284 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hateful rhetoric"? Such as?
Like calling the man's own father "Satan"

Do you actually know gundee's father that well enough to call him "Satan"? and saying that he's doomed,then you called someone else on here a child of Satan,saying other things like "your fruits are rotten" and used the term "your biblical ignorance"

Is this really the essence of God's love,are these really methods to win lost souls for him?
What exactly do you really hope to accomplish with these rants and tactics towards others?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3285 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Like calling the man's own father "Satan"
Do you actually know gundee's father that well enough to call him "Satan"? and saying that he's doomed,then you called someone else on here a child of Satan,saying other things like "your fruits are rotten" and used the term "your biblical ignorance"
Is this really the essence of God's love,are these really methods to win lost souls for him?
What exactly do you really hope to accomplish with these rants and tactics towards others?
Yet, you came over to the Christian Forum to defend Laci, your friend, who does these very things to others who do not believe as she does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Early Christianity 5 hr Barmswebhallucinate 911
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 5 hr Barmswebhallucinate 410
Intelligent People Question Everything 5 hr Barmswebhallucinate 1,946
IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS Gospel 6 hr truth 528
News Abortion law reform in Northern Ireland 'unfini... 8 hr scientist 26
If you see demons or angels you have schizophre... (Nov '09) 8 hr scientist 89
The teaching God is a trinity is a lie! 10 hr Messywentcrazy 14
More from around the web