How can a gay be a Christian??

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3246 Apr 10, 2013
little lamb wrote:
Also Jesus said ' that if the people of Sodom and Gomorrah had seen and heard the things that the Jews were seeing in his day..they would have repented.
Please cite the specific passage where Jesus said this, if you would be so kind.
little lamb wrote:
so here is Jesus saying that those people of Sodom and Gomorrah if given the opportunity would have repented...
Again, the specific passage, please.
little lamb wrote:
He even said to the Jews, that in the resurrection it will be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah then some of the cities of Israel..Amazing what Jesus teaches us...
With all due respect, when you engage in “false attribution of scripture,” you do a great disservice to those who believe you instead of what is actually written in the bible.

So, please allow me the opportunity to set the biblical record straight. First, when Jesus spoke of sexual sins, He never mentioned anything about “homosexuality,” even when He warned and compared what would happen if His disciples were neither received nor listened to in a hospitable way on their journey to the lack of hospitality shown at Sodom and Gomorrah at Mat 10:14-15, i.e.,“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”

Second, when the two angels told Lot why the Lord had decided to destroy Sodom at Gen 19:13, they, too, never mention anything about homosexuality. In fact, here is what they explicitly said,“For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.” Now, please note that these cities, according to these two angels, were destroyed “because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD,” as opposed to homosexuality. In fact, in the Book of Jasher, it is revealed how the “great cry of them” reached heaven. And although this book is no longer a part of the bible, it is twice mentioned in the OT at Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18. Thus, please know that the “great cry” came from two different women on two different occasions, one of which was burned at the stake and the other was stung to death by bees simply because each of them had chosen to be hospitable to a stranger who had entered into the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.

You see, you and any other Christian have every right to believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, when people attempt to use the bible to substantiate their beliefs thereof, I will challenge their unscriptural claims, with all due respect.

“honestly politically incorrect”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3247 Apr 10, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite the specific passage where Jesus said this, if you would be so kind.
<quoted text>
Again, the specific passage, please.
<quoted text>
With all due respect, when you engage in “false attribution of scripture,” you do a great disservice to those who believe you instead of what is actually written in the bible.
So, please allow me the opportunity to set the biblical record straight. First, when Jesus spoke of sexual sins, He never mentioned anything about “homosexuality,” even when He warned and compared what would happen if His disciples were neither received nor listened to in a hospitable way on their journey to the lack of hospitality shown at Sodom and Gomorrah at Mat 10:14-15, i.e.,“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.”
Second, when the two angels told Lot why the Lord had decided to destroy Sodom at Gen 19:13, they, too, never mention anything about homosexuality. In fact, here is what they explicitly said,“For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it.” Now, please note that these cities, according to these two angels, were destroyed “because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD,” as opposed to homosexuality. In fact, in the Book of Jasher, it is revealed how the “great cry of them” reached heaven. And although this book is no longer a part of the bible, it is twice mentioned in the OT at Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18. Thus, please know that the “great cry” came from two different women on two different occasions, one of which was burned at the stake and the other was stung to death by bees simply because each of them had chosen to be hospitable to a stranger who had entered into the land of Sodom and Gomorrah.
You see, you and any other Christian have every right to believe that homosexuality is a sin. However, when people attempt to use the bible to substantiate their beliefs thereof, I will challenge their unscriptural claims, with all due respect.
Although I am not a Christian,however,I have grew up around Christianity and I do know what the Bible says about homosexuality.
It is stated as an abomination throughout various verses of scriptures.
The modern tern that is used is "homosexuality" but in verse of scriptures it uses words like "effeminate" of which means (of a man or boy) displaying characteristics regarding as typical of a woman,not manly.
Gay men expresses themselves in a feminine gesture,do they not?
Another way that identifies homosexuality in the Bible is in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind,that is an abomination."
It even goes on to say in Leviticus 20:13 of which you hear alot of resentment and backlash of "if a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman (meaning two men) both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death,their blood shall be upon them."
Also,in Romans,1:26-27,where it talks about Lesbians,though it does not use the word "Lesbian" but it describes it and where God gave up on them.
Its saying that God does not approve and God allows them to destroy them selves.
I don't care for homosexuals myself,I find it to be unnaturally disgusting but since none has done me wrong in any way then what I say is what they do and what they are has nothing to do with me.
They are human just as me and you are and they have just as much rights as me and you.
Now I don't know if you're gay or not but that's alright with me if you are,I'm a proud heterosexual and there is so much more about women that I admire that drives me wild yet appreciate than just their physical appearance.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3248 Apr 10, 2013
gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "Two commandments," but Paul said, "One commandment." Therefore, "No," Jesus is right, but Paul is wrong. Also, Jesus differed with Paul on what one must do in order to inherit eternal life, i.e., be saved.
No proof? No surprise.

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3249 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I am not a Christian,however,I have grew up around Christianity and I do know what the Bible says about homosexuality.
The modern tern that is used is "homosexuality" but in verse of scriptures it uses words like "effeminate" of which means (of a man or boy) displaying characteristics regarding as typical of a woman,not manly.
Another way that identifies homosexuality in the Bible is in Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind,that is an abomination."
It even goes on to say in Leviticus 20:13 of which you hear alot of resentment and backlash of "if a man also lie with mankind as he lieth with a woman (meaning two men) both of them have committed an abomination they shall surely be put to death,their blood shall be upon them."
Also,in Romans,1:26-27,where it talks about Lesbians,though it does not use the word "Lesbian" but it describes it and where God gave up on them.
Its saying that God does not approve and God allows them to destroy them selves.
I don't care for homosexuals myself,I find it to be unnaturally disgusting but since none has done me wrong in any way then what I say is what they do and what they are has nothing to do with me.
They are human just as me and you are and they have just as much rights as me and you.
Now I don't know if you're gay or not but that's alright with me if you are,I'm a proud heterosexual and there is so much more about women that I admire that drives me wild yet appreciate than just their physical appearance.
Derp

_-Alice-_

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3250 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No proof? No surprise.
You owe me a God word.

Do you have it yet?

Location hidden

#3251 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp
Tam,do you know why I tolerate you far more than anyone else on here?
Have you often wonder why I never come back at you for a lot of the things you post to me?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3252 Apr 10, 2013
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me a God word.
Do you have it yet?
Acts 16:31 (NASB)
31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Location hidden

#3253 Apr 10, 2013
One thing that I have learned about these judge its and how they are played out and why is that its not that someone thinks that you're really clueless,nuts,etc. and that they disagree with you and then they go up and put favorable judge its on the individual's post that you replied to.
What that actually is is revealing that person's own ego and/or animosity that they are expressing towards an individual.
When you get negative judge its and the poster that you replied to gets favorable judge its then that is a dead give away.
If you see a funny judge it along side of two other negative judge its then what that means is that person that judged you like that has no respect for you and they could be a troll gunning for you on here.
However,if you see a spam judge it along side of two other negative judge its then what that means is that person dislikes,if not hate,you.
Look for these patterns and determine for yourself if it is worth replying to someone on here and you may avoid a lot of arguments getting out of control and will help you to be stronger and the better person against people like that.
Best way to win an argument is don't get yourself involved in an argument and the best way to beat a troll is to ignore them and they will soon or later lose interest in trying to come at you.
Clues are in the judge its of a person's intentions towards you.
Just look for the pattern of negative and favorable judge its as well as back-to-back negative judge its on your posts.
It will help you to determine whether or not you want to have a conversation with the person who gets on here being offensive towards you by way of sarcasm and ridicule and/or wanting to fight you.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#3254 Apr 10, 2013
Chill - it's only the internet.
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
One thing that I have learned about these judge its and how they are played out and why is that its not that someone thinks that you're really clueless,nuts,etc. and that they disagree with you and then they go up and put favorable judge its on the individual's post that you replied to.
What that actually is is revealing that person's own ego and/or animosity that they are expressing towards an individual.
When you get negative judge its and the poster that you replied to gets favorable judge its then that is a dead give away.
If you see a funny judge it along side of two other negative judge its then what that means is that person that judged you like that has no respect for you and they could be a troll gunning for you on here.
However,if you see a spam judge it along side of two other negative judge its then what that means is that person dislikes,if not hate,you.
Look for these patterns and determine for yourself if it is worth replying to someone on here and you may avoid a lot of arguments getting out of control and will help you to be stronger and the better person against people like that.
Best way to win an argument is don't get yourself involved in an argument and the best way to beat a troll is to ignore them and they will soon or later lose interest in trying to come at you.
Just look for the pattern of negative and favorable judge its as well as back-to-back negative judge its on your posts.
It will help you to determine whether or not you want to have a conversation with the person who gets on here being offensive towards you by way of sarcasm and ridicule and/or wanting to fight you.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#3255 Apr 10, 2013
I have. "Bollocks!"
_-Alice-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You owe me a God word.
Do you have it yet?

satanic witch

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

#3256 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all gay men are effeminate. Rev.Jack is gay but he is not the lest bit effeminate.
I know men who are effeminate and are not gay.
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#3257 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
See...This is proof here, that one doesnt have to be a Christian and can just read the bible in its context to see the obvious. Homosexuality is wrong and it is taught that in the OT and the NT is based off the OT, so it reaffirms it in the NT as well.

People need to realize Jesus 33.5 yrs on the earth and his 3.5yrs of teaching we have doesnt cancel out the 4000yrs of Gods law previous in which Jesus followed and taught from himself . Paul taught from these same laws as well.

Homosexuality is a sin and there is now way around it. IT IS SEXUAL IMMORALITY!!!
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#3258 Apr 10, 2013
Consenting sex is not immoral.

Priests abusing children is immoral.
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
See...This is proof here, that one doesnt have to be a Christian and can just read the bible in its context to see the obvious. Homosexuality is wrong and it is taught that in the OT and the NT is based off the OT, so it reaffirms it in the NT as well.
People need to realize Jesus 33.5 yrs on the earth and his 3.5yrs of teaching we have doesnt cancel out the 4000yrs of Gods law previous in which Jesus followed and taught from himself . Paul taught from these same laws as well.
Homosexuality is a sin and there is now way around it. IT IS SEXUAL IMMORALITY!!!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3259 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Whatever you may interpret the bible to say about Gays and Lesbians is simply NOT true......Romans is NOT discussing Lesbianism nor is Leviticus discussing Gay men.......but both chapters are used to bash Gays and Lesbians in today's society, yet supposed Christians fail to follow other scriptures because they say they don't apply to them......well, guess what......the bible DOESN'T apply to those who don't believe in it and it doesn't apply to the laws of this Country......so in reality, the bible is IRRELEVANT!!!

Now, you are at least honest in your dislike for Gays and Lesbians......probably because of the old YUCK factor......your right......but know this......there are probably Gays and Lesbians who you do business with that you don't even know about........that's the funny thing about life!!!

By the way, women are great, I know because I am married to a wonderful woman:-)

#3260 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that may be your opinion based on misunderstanding from that book you spout off about......but you'd be wrong!!!

#3261 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
Only idiots are concerned with the stupidity of the judging icons......they are irrelevant!!!
Ant

Alpharetta, GA

#3262 Apr 10, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that may be your opinion based on misunderstanding from that book you spout off about......but you'd be wrong!!!
Sorry to tell you, but Gods law is greater than mans law at all times. Mans law could tell us it is okay to kill people, but Gods law will never tolerate that.

You can twist the scriptures all you want, but God made man for woman and there is no way around that. You state may recognize your same sex marriage, but God never will, so good luck with that on judgement day.

You may not believe or follow the bible, so your opinion on a Christian forum is completely irrelevant.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3263 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
<quoted text>
Tam,do you know why I tolerate you far more than anyone else on here?
Have you often wonder why I never come back at you for a lot of the things you post to me?
Fright?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3264 Apr 10, 2013
Ant wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to tell you, but Gods law is greater than mans law at all times. Mans law could tell us it is okay to kill people, but Gods law will never tolerate that.
You can twist the scriptures all you want, but God made man for woman and there is no way around that. You state may recognize your same sex marriage, but God never will, so good luck with that on judgement day.
You may not believe or follow the bible, so your opinion on a Christian forum is completely irrelevant.
Jesus never said a word about homosexuality.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#3265 Apr 10, 2013
Gary Coaldigger wrote:
That's nice, dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paul - scholar or ignoramus? 4 min Franco 100
The Nativity Story 14 min The Tongue 327
gen 49: 27 17 min Armand 943
Intelligent People Question Everything 38 min truth 1,222
Not Even Remotely Historic 2 hr DESIGNED 25
Is the Antichrist a real person? 2 hr little lamb 3
Did you know Jesus was a MURDERER as a child? (Aug '07) 2 hr JESUS IS 173
Early Christianity 2 hr DESIGNED 406
More from around the web