|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
The ideas are in place. Consider this:
"A former Dutch MP has admitted that polygamous marriage is the "next logical step" following the introduction of same-sex marriages in the Netherlands.
Speaking to the French online magazine, Yagg, Boris Dittrich said there was now a movement in the Netherlands to introduce multi-partner marriages." http://www.christianconcern.com/our-concerns/...
In the Netherlands,Polyamorous relationships are common. That means that both partners can have other lovers,usually forming close relationships like an extended family. Polygamy probably wouldn't be too popular there as Dutch girls are far too liberated for that nonsense.
But if it were,so what? As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, let them do whatever it is that works for them.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't tell me that you actually believe the entire god created crap.
Please don't tell me...you believe everything evolved out of nothing???..

For I find that more incredulous...

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe God created man from dirt.......and how was dirt created?

“We R Watching U”

Since: Dec 11

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
What did god evolve from?

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
What did god evolve from?
They'll just tell you that he(god) just always was, but then they'll argue something can't come from nothing..........LOL.......... and then try to justify their own contradiction. It's a good comedy to listen to.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>They'll just tell you that he(god) just always was, but then they'll argue something can't come from nothing..........LOL.......... and then try to justify their own contradiction. It's a good comedy to listen to.
I know and it's hysterical every time they give that answer.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

satanic witch wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Netherlands,Polyamorous relationships are common. That means that both partners can have other lovers,usually forming close relationships like an extended family. Polygamy probably wouldn't be too popular there as Dutch girls are far too liberated for that nonsense.
But if it were,so what? As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, let them do whatever it is that works for them.
Amen. Who cares how this hurts other people? All you need is consent and everything is alright.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays and Lesbians DIDN'T need to decriminalize anything.......being Gay or Lesbian was NEVER illegal.......it was however thought to be a mental illness, but that was removed back in 1973 and it wasn't done by Gays and Lesbians filing lawsuits!!!
Again, Polygamy DOESN'T need Gays and Lesbians to first gain the right to marry to fight for what they want......they could have been doing it long before now......so, why haven't they done so? Why haven't fathers been fighting for the right to marry their children before now? and are they doing it now or is it just a projection of what you fear will happen?
Do you know the history why it was removed as a mental illness in 1973? Let me give you a hint: it was not based on any research.

What homosexuals have done is to show the way how to hoodwink the system and the public.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe God created man from dirt.......and how was dirt created?
And still does...Every child in the womb grows its little body from the food the mother eats...which the mother gets from the crops on the ground , which crops grow from the DIRT.

And when you die ..guess what...your body disintegrates back into dirt..

Science has never found any other material used in a decomposed body..but DIRT.

scripture has always told us the TRUTH.
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>They'll just tell you that he(god) just always was, but then they'll argue something can't come from nothing..........LOL.......... and then try to justify their own contradiction. It's a good comedy to listen to.
That is because God created time and space

God is eternal ..

don't you know energy can not be created or destroyed..And God is 'dynamic energy'

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. Who cares how this hurts other people? All you need is consent and everything is alright.
How is it going to hurt other people what the consenting adults do?
People do things which are harmful to the self all the time,like smoking, and that has been legal for ever. In fact,smoking does harm other people if they have to be around someone who is smoking. Yet smoking is legal and I don't see any Christians being overly concerned about getting tobacco banned.

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because God created time and space
God is eternal ..
don't you know energy can not be created or destroyed..And God is 'dynamic energy'
Then why can't you see,that god is just an indifferent life force and not an actual intelligent being?

“We R Watching U”

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

little lamb wrote:
<quoted text>
And still does...Every child in the womb grows its little body from the food the mother eats...which the mother gets from the crops on the ground , which crops grow from the DIRT.
And when you die ..guess what...your body disintegrates back into dirt..
Science has never found any other material used in a decomposed body..but DIRT.
scripture has always told us the TRUTH.
Well damn, don't you think that the old goat herders who wrote the bible noticed that dead things decay to dust and that babies get nourishment form the mother's food intake? All they did was state the obvious and the natural and twist it into something mysterious and supernatural?
There is nothing miraculous about conception,birth and death. They're just natural processes which can be explained by science.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus limited His powers as God while He was in His incarnation. That means He did not know everything while in such a state.
So your God can make himself less of a god> LOL, that's absurd.

According to Christians Jesus always existed. He was part of God before he took human form.

My point stands - if there was something Jesus didn't know then he cannot be God, and therefore Christianity is a sham.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the Word mentioned in John chapter 1?
Here, learn something:

http://neurotherapy-of-christian-brain.blogsp...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Phoenix wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't states mention God in their preambles?
Our system of law is NOT based on Scripture, not by a long shot.

Show me where the Constitution says you can't have other gods beside the Christian God.

It doesn't. Just admit you're wrong.

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
Believing what God said is not being self righteous nor judgmental. Wrong again.
Well, the God of Israel said that His name was Jealous. And He commanded Moses to kill people and take their land simply because they did not worship Him, right?

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
You pick the ones you like and reject the rest. You create your own phoney god to please yourself.
Again, I do not live my life based on any religious doctrine, not Christianity or otherwise. And I reveal the verses that Christians omit when they argue that the bible is the word of the God of Israel.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Jeff wrote:
Where in ancient Israel was a marriage considered valid if it was consummated?
If you would be so kind, please read Deu 22:13-21 as follows:

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, And give occasions of speech against her, and bring up an evil name upon her, and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say unto the elders, I gave my daughter unto this man to wife, and he hateth her; And, lo, he hath given occasions of speech against her, saying, I found not thy daughter a maid; and yet these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. And the elders of that city shall take that man and chastise him; And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days. But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.”

Now if I may offer my interpretation of this passage in plain English it would be as follows: If a man after consummating his marriage to his betrothed wife claims that she was not a virgin, then the parents of the betrothed wife must offer proof to the elders of the city that she was in fact a virgin when the husband had sex with her. And in those days, the proof was the blood on the cloth (or sheets) that were on the bed at the time that the husband broke his betrothed wife’s hymen during her supposed first sexual encounter. Now, if such proof was offered, then the elders would whoop the husband’s a**, and also force him to pay the parents a sum of money for embarrassing them by falsely accusing their daughter of not being a virgin. Further, the betrothed wife would then become his wife, and he could not put her away for the rest of his life.

However, if such proof could not be found, then the woman would be deemed guilty of fornication (not adultery)[NOTE: Please remember that when Jesus spoke of putting a wife away, He, too, said that the cause was fornication, not adultery). At any rate, the elders would return the betrothed wife to her father’s house and stone her to death.

Now, why do you suppose that the woman had to be a virgin, but the man did not,” if you do not mind my asking? Well, the answer is simply, marriage was nothing more than the transfer of ownership of the woman from the father to the new husband. And at the time of the transfer, the woman would have been considered spoiled if she was not a virgin. But what I find to be even more interesting is that the tradition of this transfer in ownership is still represented today when the father gives away his daughter in marriage. After all, the father owned the daughter, but the mother did not.“Do you know why?” Well, it was because the mother was also the property of her husband. And this is why the mother is not a part of the official marriage ceremony until this very day and for the very same reason.....

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

... So, with this in mind, please know that I have my reasons for not accepting that marriage was ordained by God, as opposed to being created by man in an effort to control and subjugate women. And just like slavery, to demonstrate that the husband owned the wife, she had to assume his last name. In fact, until recently, as part of the woman’s wedding vow, she had to say that she promised to “obey” her husband, whereas the husband only promised to love his wife.
Jeff wrote:
Secondly, the gospel says she was a virgin until the birth of Christ. Matt 1:25
Putting away is the same as divorce.
Again, if Mary was a virgin until after the birth of Jesus, then her marriage to Joseph had not been consummated, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,541 - 2,560 of4,130
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 3 min 15th Dalai Lama 846
The King James Bible Still Remains 5 min Prince of Darkness 570
Islam will prevail 6 min Prince of Darkness 55
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 9 min Nc resident 6,855
Dollarsbill Is Still Quick To Condemn 27 min ChristineM 812
Blame Conservatives for a Godless government 51 min blacklagoon 43
Is Obama destroying the US intentionally? 58 min NDanger 245
The Law HYPOCRITES 8 hr Mr Ironhart 536
•••