Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Ant wrote:
Jesus did not have to address the issue of homosexuality, because all the Hebrews and Jews knew it was a digestible act in the eyes of God.
But Jesus did address the issue of hypocrisy, right? At any rate,“What specific sexual sins did Jesus address,” if you do not mind my asking? You see, from what I have studied, He addressed adultery and fornication, but not homosexuality.
Ant wrote:
Jesus also didnt hold any pro-gay rallies either, so while you claim he was silent on the issue, he also wasnt speaking for it either.
I agree, for I have continually said,“Jesus never condoned nor condemned homosexuality,” right?
Ant wrote:
So since there is no record of Jesus speaking against or him speaking for homosexuality, we will just go with the fact that the sexual morality laws of leviticus are still valid and the act is still a sin, just like the rest of the sexual behavior that was listed in Leviticus 18.
Levictus 18 speaks to an Israelite man lying with a sacred male in worship of a sex fertility God named Molech. And according to the God of Israel, that is a sin, right?
Ant wrote:
Wake up folks..stop hardening your hearts toward God and breaking his commandments and trying to find loopholes on how to commit these sins.
I totally agree that people should wake up! However, what they should wake up to is the bigotry and hatred that the LBGT community now suffers as a result of unscriptural biblical claims, with all due respect.

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

little lamb wrote:
Well we agree on something ..It was God who created family of man and woman in the garden of Eden ..
Yes, this is the second family that God created, right?
little lamb wrote:
Its the only institution God has created ..and no Government by men was involved..
If I may very respectfully ask,“What do you suppose is the difference or contrast between the institution of marriage and the institution of slavery?” And here’s a hint: Please be careful how you answer this question.
little lamb wrote:
But then we are in a new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ ..and its the last agreement God has made between God and men.. the new covenant is absolutely clear on this matter
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"
With all due respect, I find it very interesting that you have decided to invoke Jesus’s name in relationship to a new covenant before quoting what Paul [not Jesus] said. At any rate, since you invoke the name of Jesus, please remember what He told the men who had accused the adulterous woman of committing a sexual sin.

Furthermore, since Jesus has specifically revealed what a person must do to inherit eternal life, perhaps, people should pay much more attention to what He said in that regard, rather than attacking the LBGT community’s sexual behavior just like the men who brought the adulterous woman to Jesus.
By the way, since Jesus spoke up against hypocrisy more than anything else, I wonder how He would respond to Christians who promote their version of morality and chastity.
little lamb wrote:
Job 34:17 Can someone who hates justice govern? Will you condemn the just and mighty One?
If I may very respectfully ask,“Why do you suppose that it was the “hypocrites” rather than “homosexuals” that Jesus explicitly said would not “escape the damnation of hell”(Mat 23:33, KJV)?
little lamb wrote:
That is right ..' All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
The scripture is the OT, not Paul’s letters.
little lamb wrote:
" Knowledge puffs up but love builds up"
This is what the love of God means , that we obey his commandments."
Again, please remember what Jesus told the men who accused the woman of adultery, even though she had allegedly broken one of God’s commandments.
[QUOTE who="little lamb"] But we are ' walking by faith not sight."
Well, according to Jesus, you are to help the poor, rather than condemn homosexuality. In fact, not “helping the poor” is one of the reasons that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, whereas, people are deceivingly taught that homosexuality was one of the main causes, right?
little lamb wrote:
The wonderful greatness of god is that he is not dependent on your belief or unbelief ..he is..
Again, my beliefs are not important, but rather irrelevant to what the bible [or what you might consider to be God’s word] says, right?....

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

little lamb wrote:
Job 34 [ 29] "But if he remains silent, who can condemn him? If he hides his face, who can see him? Yet he is over individual and nation alike,
Job 34 [ 30] to keep the godless from ruling, from laying snares for the people."
If people have in authority over them a godless man..then his care for people in his charge becomes not for their good , but to ensnare them ..people lose their freedom.
Proverbs 29:2 When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan.
If you would be so kind, please share with us the relevancy of quoting these verses.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
“putting away a wife” is the same as divorcing her.
Please know that in order to divorce one’s wife, the marriage must have been consummated, right? And if so, then I most respectfully ask,“When Joseph was minded to put away Mary privily (Mat 1:19),“Had their marriage been consummated?” And please be careful how you answer this question, especially since if you say,“Yes,” then there was no virgin birth, but if you say,“No,” then putting away a wife is not the same as a divorce, right?

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Moses wrote:
Wow! Please know that we know that you are gay. Not black, but gay.
Rather than address the issues that I have raised, you would rather try to falsely attack my integrity. So, in that regard, please know that it is beyond reproach.
Moses wrote:
If you were black then your concerns would be things concerning blacks.
Well, if you must know, one of the my concerns as a Black man is the way you are attempting to stereotype us as a monolithic group that does not bring diverse views to the table.
Moses wrote:
Please know you are nto straight> If you were straight, then your concerns would be things concerning straights.
With all due respect, you are showing signs of blindness by your own self-righteous ego.
Moses wrote:
Now, gay child, God gave Moses 5 books and Genesis was one of them. Please know that Jesus said what he knew was true.
Well actually God only gave Moses 10 commandments, as opposed to 5 books. And none of these 10 commandments spoke to the issue sexual morality.
Moses wrote:
Now, let us help you lose your gayness.
Please review my above comment about your self-righteous ego.
Moses wrote:
Okay, gay demon, God was in the garden with Adam when Adam said this, not satan.
Name calling does not favorably represent Christianity, right?
Moses wrote:
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
YOU SAID THAT JESUS REPEATED WHAT ADAM SAID, NOW THAT MAKES YOU A LIAR AND A GAY LIAR.(FACT)
Matthew 19: 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
JESUS SAID THAT HE WHICH MADE MALE AND FEMALE SAID, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh.
Are you claiming that Adam made himself and Eve?
I guess you have been exposed as being gay, now stop sagging your butt is all out there for children to see.
No, I never claimed that Adam made himself or Eve. And for what it’s worth, I do think that it is degrading for Black men to wear saggin pants, especially after one learns how the word “saggin” originated. And for those who do not know, then all they have to do is spell the word “saggin” backwards.....

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

..... At any rate, in your attempt to prove that I lied, you have unknowingly substantiated my claim. So, let us take a carefully review what I explicitly said as follows:
gundee123 wrote:
And at Mat 19:5, please know that He simply repeated what Adam, not God, had said at Gen 2:24, i.e.,“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”(post 2955)
Now, if Adam is speaking at Gen 2:24, then my claim that Jesus was repeating what Adam said at Mat 19:5 is validated, right? If you disagree, here is what is stated at Gen 2:23-24:

“And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”

Now, I think that you would agree that Adam is speaking at Gen 2:23, right? And if so, please know that the status quo rule dictates that unless it is stated that someone else is speaking at Gen 2:24, then we must assume that it is Adam still speaking. Thus, unless you can reveal that someone else other than Adam is speaking at Gen 2:24, then we must assume that it is Adam who is speaking, right?

So, without further ado, here are the two quotes and please note what is placed within the brackets:
Adam:“Therefore {shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife:} and they shall be one flesh”(Gen 2:24).

Jesus:“And said, For this cause {shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife:} and they twain shall be one flesh”(Mat 19:5)?

You see, according to Jesus’ quotes from the OT scripture:(1) God created “male and female”(Gen 1:27. However, Adam said,“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh”(Gen 2:24).
Reality

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trolling for trouser trout?
You sound like a predator gay trying to enroll the boy.
I always knew that gays had to recruit....What is your age recruitment target market?
Are pedophiles gay recruiters?
You sound like Rick Warren the evangelical pastor who just lost his son to suicide..

I was sorry to hear he lost his son to suicide because of his mental issue with depression. On the other hand, many parents have lost their children to suicide because of the mental issues gays have to live with in a world full of bigotry & hate against them..

From what I've read in the news, Rick was for Proposition 8 which was against gay marriage..It is my hope he learns something from this and becomes pro gay marriage..Depression kills and it doesn't matter what the cause of the depression comes from..

Loosing one of your children is the worst thing that can happen to parents and my thoughts are with his family hoping they heal quickly and see the reality staring him in the face about gay bigotry..

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus did address the issue of hypocrisy, right?
Why do you pick and choose from the Bible? Answer: you're a hypocrite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Mt Pot
I guess if you had proof you would give it.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
With all due respect, I am not a hypocrite, simply because I am not self-righteous or judgmental. I leave that it to you ....

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I pick and choose the biblical verses that many Christians seem to ignore, especially when they do not fit into their theology and church doctrines.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, I am not a hypocrite, simply because I am not self-righteous or judgmental. I leave that it to you ....
Believing what God said is not being self righteous nor judgmental. Wrong again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I pick and choose the biblical verses that many Christians seem to ignore, especially when they do not fit into their theology and church doctrines.
You pick the ones you like and reject the rest. You create your own phoney god to please yourself.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please know that in order to divorce one’s wife, the marriage must have been consummated, right? And if so, then I most respectfully ask,“When Joseph was minded to put away Mary privily (Mat 1:19),“Had their marriage been consummated?” And please be careful how you answer this question, especially since if you say,“Yes,” then there was no virgin birth, but if you say,“No,” then putting away a wife is not the same as a divorce, right?
Where in ancient Israel was a marriage considered valid if it was consummated? Secondly, the gospel says she was a virgin until the birth of Christ. Matt 1:25

Putting away is the same as divorce.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus did address the issue of hypocrisy, right? At any rate,“What specific sexual sins did Jesus address,” if you do not mind my asking? You see, from what I have studied, He addressed adultery and fornication, but not homosexuality.
<quoted text>
I agree, for I have continually said,“Jesus never condoned nor condemned homosexuality,” right?
<quoted text>
Levictus 18 speaks to an Israelite man lying with a sacred male in worship of a sex fertility God named Molech. And according to the God of Israel, that is a sin, right?
<quoted text>
I totally agree that people should wake up! However, what they should wake up to is the bigotry and hatred that the LBGT community now suffers as a result of unscriptural biblical claims, with all due respect.
Jesus certainly did speak against homosexuality in Mark 7:21 and Matthew 5:32, 19:9 where He uses the word "unchasity" and "immorality" which includes adultery, incest, premarital infidelity, homosexuality, beastiality and any other sexual conduct condemned in the OT. Since Christ is God in the flesh then that means God Himself does speak against it.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So your uncle was a monkey. Right?
No, but your mother is a pig.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus certainly did speak against homosexuality in Mark 7:21 and Matthew 5:32, 19:9 where He uses the word "unchasity" and "immorality" which includes adultery, incest, premarital infidelity, homosexuality, beastiality and any other sexual conduct condemned in the OT. Since Christ is God in the flesh then that means God Himself does speak against it.
Excellent points!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>

dollarsbill wrote:
Excellent points!
-------

I just love the way some put words into the mouth of Jesus that He did not say, don't ya'll?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
And your ignorance is glaring.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

HighlyEvolved wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you should use the word pig. Here is another great quote by Richard:
"Richard Dawkins tweets on abortion:‘any fetus is less human than an adult pig’

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,401 - 2,420 of4,135
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 3 min Brother Lee Love 1,212
Who or what is the Son of Man 4 min Big Al 492
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 4 min Australian_Psycho 77,883
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 31 min Mr Ironhart 5,899
The King James Bible Still Remains 1 hr Shiachah 23
Does Prayer Make A Difference? 1 hr Laci Ann 7 10
So.........Hey Zeus Was Married 2 hr Campbell 4
•••
•••