|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please quote specifically what Psalm 12 says, if you would be so kind.
<quoted text>
If there were no Laws before Moses, then please explain who anyone sinned before Moses, if you would be so kind. By the way, I most respectfully submit that you have misrepresented what Jesus was saying as it relates to “just looking at a woman to desire her.” After all, if a single man desired a single woman, this was not committing adultery in his heart. You see, in order for adultery to be committed, a man’s wife must have been involved in the illicit sexual affair according to the Law of Moses, i.e.,““If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death”(Lev 20:10, NIV).
Now, if you read this verse very closely, you will discover that the status of the man (regardless if married or single) was unimportant, right? And thus, it was not important whether or not Abraham was married, as long as his handmaid was not, right?
<quoted text>
Many of the acts that the God of Israel committed or commanded were wicked and revengeful. However, since He is allegedly sovereign, then He can do as He pleases without question, right?
<quoted text>
And what do you supposed enslaved them, other than men reading the very same Word of God, right?
<quoted text>
I most respectfully ask,“Was the bible both in existence and present when the slave trade was active?”
<quoted text>
again, when the Declaration of Independence and the US Consititution were created, it was not for all men, but rather a specific group, i.e., the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, right?
<quoted text>
But it was the God of Israel who commanded Moses to commit genocide against innocent people and take their land simply because they worshiped a different God, right?
<quoted text>
“Do you suppose that it is hypocritical to become the moral standard as it relates to other nations, yet commit so many inhumane atrocities against one’s own people,” if you do not mind my asking?...
Answering in order..

[1] You are quite capable of reading it for yourself...

[2] Adam...sin and death came into the world through one man..

Law is the knowledge of sin

[3] "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." go argue with Jesus ..

[4] Yes

[5] According to Jesus ..a man leaves his mother and father and the two become one flesh..Jesus teaches us , that was Gods purpose from the beginning..

Abraham fell short of the original purpose of marriage , and paid the price of bringing trouble in his family .

[6] God acts justly ..and loves justice.

[7] Men can read the scriptures all they like..obeying the word is a different matter

James " Become doers of the word and not forgetful hearers.."

[8]Slavery existed for centuries..Slavery was practiced in every ancient culture: Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, Roman and Israelite.

Slavery was an integral part of ancient commerce, taxation, and temple religion

Patrick of Ireland was sold into slavery ..

.then as the gospels spread the Christian abolitionist movement began to argue , it is wrong to sell man who is created in the image of god as a slave..So It was the gospels that had such an effect on the consciences of men of good will

[9] Constitution is to do with politics, a true Christian was to keep clear of the world..but Christian influence affected the men who were going for power ,

[10] God is sovereign ..he brings war onto nations that act badly ..they were not innocent,,false assumption.

[11]God made the deal right from the start with Israel ..blessings and curses ..they signed up ..
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
<quoted text>

Please do not tell me that you are now going to invoke the “blame the victim” argument in order to avoid culpability. You see, I would never claim that Whites are responsible for “all” of anyone’s ills, but rather argue that Whites are responsible for creating an institution of racism, prejudices, discriminations, and subjugations of Blacks here in America. On the other hand, I am not blinded to the fact that many of us Blacks have added to the problem by self-inflicted behaviors and beliefs that have proven to be detrimental to their own cause.
<quoted text>
I believe you tackle this from the wrong end of the stick

All men are capable of evil..race has nothing to do with it.

But scripture states " it is the same for a man as for an individual' so there can be national sin as well as individual sin.

Israel went into captivity to Babylon for seventy years because of disobedience..and that was at a national level.

The fact is there are causes why people end up in slavery ..

Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers..but he as an individual had God with him..and he arose to become second to Pharaoh through his gift.

God as sovereign states

Psalm " there are those dwelling in darkness and deep shadow .

Prisoners in affliction and irons ,

For they had behaved rebelliously against the sayings of God . And the counsel of the most high they had disrespected ..

So with trouble he proceeded to subdue their hearts...

A captive in irons can even be those who are unable to move because of disabilities ..there are all sorts of captive conditions..

Jesus says " he has come to set the captive free."
little lamb

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
.... <quoted text>
I most respectfully disagree. In fact, it is religion that has caused more death, destruction, and human suffering than any other single entity, including diseases, natural disasters, etc. In fact, the number one persecutors of homosexuals involves religion, right?
<quoted text>
Again, whatever the God of Israel does, it’s okay because He’s God, right? If so, I hope that you are beginning to see how people can be misled into believing an illusion that man has created.
Absolutely ..you are a prime example of a man believing his own illusion ..that there is no moral Law.

I agree religion has caused wars..but not just Christian religion , have a look at the trouble between Hindu's and Islam in India..have a look at the sectarian fighting in the Middle east between the Islamic sects..

I would state the number one persecutor against Christian is homosexuals as they push the boundaries of Gods Law to suit themselves.

I know in my country they were one of the greatest advocates for multi-culturism..with the sole objective to weaken Christian influence..too bad they just might get what they didn't expect ...
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
With all due respect, what you are doing is contrasting one religion against another. But what I find to be very interesting is that everyone thinks that his religion [whatever that may be] is the only authentic one, right?
little lamb wrote, " Its the blood of Jesus whose blood is the covenant , where God gives us better promises..So this is initiated by God and not man. "

Again, you are now arguing that Jesus is the way, as opposed to other religious claims, right?
little lamb wrote, " WRONG ..Sodom and Gomorrah and surrounding districts were destroyed because of rampant wickedness..of which homosexuality was one sin among many "

Please cite where any specific OT scripture alleging that homosexuality was one of the reasons that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed. You see, according to the scripture (not some church teaching), these cities were destroyed because “The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it”(Gen 19:13, NIV).
little lamb wrote, " So both Ezekiel and Jude are correct ..'all scripture is inspired of God.'"

Please know that when Paul made the claim of “all scriptures,” he was specifically referring to the OT scriptures, not his own letters.
little lamb wrote, " Its the blood of Jesus whose blood is the covenant , where God gives us better promises..So this is initiated by God and not man. "

Here again, this is your argument that Christianity is the one true religion, right?
Sir, I've not said once that Christianity is the one true religion.

I'm simply stating that Jesus is the Way.....the Life.....the Lamb of God.....

I believe people must have a personal relationship with Him not some man made religion.

Talk and walk with Him

Invite Him into every aspect of our life
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
little lamb wrote, " Covenant of Law was not given until Moses..and Jesus went further in new covenant and stated just looking at a woman to desire her , has already committed is adultery in his heart... "

If there were no Laws before Moses, then please explain who anyone sinned before Moses, if you would be so kind. By the way, I most respectfully submit that you have misrepresented what Jesus was saying as it relates to “just looking at a woman to desire her.” After all, if a single man desired a single woman, this was not committing adultery in his heart. You see, in order for adultery to be committed, a man’s wife must have been involved in the illicit sexual affair according to the Law of Moses, i.e.,““If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death”(Lev 20:10, NIV).

Now, if you read this verse very closely, you will discover that the status of the man (regardless if married or single) was unimportant, right? And thus, it was not important whether or not Abraham was married, as long as his handmaid was not, right?
little lamb wrote, " You need to distinguish between acts of sinful greedy men and the sayings of God. "

Many of the acts that the God of Israel committed or commanded were wicked and revengeful. However, since He is allegedly sovereign, then He can do as He pleases without question, right?
little lamb wrote, " Because what freed the slaves in the end was the WORD of God working on the conscience of men. "

And what do you supposed enslaved them, other than men reading the very same Word of God, right?
little lamb wrote, " The abolition movement was a Christian movement.
Slavery was stopped in England by the work of a Christian .. William Wilburforce.
Through his work in Parliament, England stopped the slave trade in 1807 and abolished slavery totally in 1833. "

I most respectfully ask,“Was the bible both in existence and present when the slave trade was active?”
little lamb wrote, " America's phrase "created equal" in the Declaration of Independence was instrumental thought in changing Law....
and it was Christian thinking that believes all men are created equal..that they could reason with others due respect for a person of any race.. "

again, when the Declaration of Independence and the US Consititution were created, it was not for all men, but rather a specific group, i.e., the White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, right?
little lamb wrote, " No..the word of God states " Thou shalt not murder..blame men for not obeying "

But it was the God of Israel who commanded Moses to commit genocide against innocent people and take their land simply because they worshiped a different God, right?
little lamb wrote, " Yes ..especially helped were areas of the globe that practiced cannibalism and witchcraft and mistreatment of widows like the sati in India..or in the Solomon Islands the abuse on widows "

“Do you suppose that it is hypocritical to become the moral standard as it relates to other nations, yet commit so many inhumane atrocities against one’s own people,” if you do not mind my asking?...
Sir, the Law of God always existed even before the Mosaic law.

How else do you think Abraham and Noah were able to obey Him.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

gundee123 wrote:
little lamb wrote, " Covenant of Law was not given until Moses..and Jesus went further in new covenant and stated just looking at a woman to desire her , has already committed is adultery in his heart... "

little lamb wrote, " You need to distinguish between acts of sinful greedy men and the sayings of God. "

little lamb wrote, " Because what freed the slaves in the end was the WORD of God working on the conscience of men. "

little lamb wrote, " The abolition movement was a Christian movement.
Slavery was stopped in England by the work of a Christian .. William Wilburforce.
Through his work in Parliament, England stopped the slave trade in 1807 and abolished slavery totally in 1833. "

little lamb wrote, " America's phrase "created equal" in the Declaration of Independence was instrumental thought in changing Law....
and it was Christian thinking that believes all men are created equal..that they could reason with others due respect for a person of any race.. "

little lamb wrote, " No..the word of God states " Thou shalt not murder..blame men for not obeying "

little lamb wrote, " Yes ..especially helped were areas of the globe that practiced cannibalism and witchcraft and mistreatment of widows like the sati in India..or in the Solomon Islands the abuse on widows "

Learn about the holiness of God.

It will answer all your questions.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
Yes, I will ready concede that some Blacks sold other Blacks to the European as slaves. After all, I have never claimed that there is solidarity amongst all Blacks. However, what the European (the descendants of Japheth) did with these Black slaves (sons of Ham) was of their own doings, right?
little lamb wrote, " There is a lack of taking responsibility for their own actions prevalent in some races..and they find it easier to blame the bad white man for all their ills... "

Please do not tell me that you are now going to invoke the “blame the victim” argument in order to avoid culpability. You see, I would never claim that Whites are responsible for “all” of anyone’s ills, but rather argue that Whites are responsible for creating an institution of racism, prejudices, discriminations, and subjugations of Blacks here in America. On the other hand, I am not blinded to the fact that many of us Blacks have added to the problem by self-inflicted behaviors and beliefs that have proven to be detrimental to their own cause.
little lamb wrote, " But until they do..they will always have a slave mentality ..never growing up.. "

Yes, I agree that many Blacks have and will always have a slave mentality. But please do not confused “many” with “all,” okay?
little lamb wrote, " This one God exalts and that one he abases...whinging and moaning never exalts a man nor playing the blame game..scripture states by the action of one man all men were sold into slavery of sin."

Wow! As long as those in power can always blame the powerless for their state of being, then the powerful does not have to change or even acknowledge their wrongdoings, right?
Slavery is still going on in Africa between black people.

Since: Jun 07

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

little lamb wrote:
I agree ..Everyone believes their religion is the right one..
Well,“Can everyone be right from a physiological, as opposed to a psychological, perspective that is,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
Not arguing ..stating Jesus is THE WAY..
When you state that Jesus is the way, that is an argument, unless you have empirical evidence to offer that proves such, right?
little lamb wrote:
Notice you didn't ask for the new testament Jude..however
Well, that is because Jude did not write the OT scripture, but rather offer his interpretation thereof, right?
little lamb wrote:
Lev 20 [13]
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
Please know that the Hebrew word for male is “zakar.” And in Hebrew, this word means more than any male. You see, it is a “sacred male” who engages in sexual acts with other men to worship a fertility God, which by the way, makes this an abomination.
little lamb wrote:
Ezekiel 16:49-50 - the sin - "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned: they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me."
Now we know what God declares are 'detestable acts . because he has already told is in the Law.
Worshiping other Gods is detestable before the God of Israel. After all, He is a revengeful God whose name is Jealous. However, you think that it is homosexuality is detestable, right? And if so, then I most respectfully ask,“Is a married heterosexual couple engaging in oral and anal sex detestable before God?” And if so, please cite the specific scripture that will affirm this, if you would be so kind.
little lamb wrote:
Again Peter states ones are twisting Pauls letters like they do the rest of the scriptures..So John uses the phrase 'rest of the scriptures' and not like you are trying to say 'twisting scriptures ' Peter puts in the phrase 'rest of'..meaning quite clear Paul's letters are in with the rest of the scriptures.
Here is a newsflash: Peter is neither the Messiah nor God, but rather one of Jesus’ apostles who forsaken Him, right? Nonetheless, Peter never claimed that Paul’s writings were scripture, but rather than people had problem interpreting them just like they had problems interpreting the other scriptures. Unfortunately, for those who want to consider Paul’s letters as scripture, they will reach for almost anything, right? And in doing so, they must ignore that Paul himself said that some of the things that he wrote were by permission, not commandment. This means that Paul was interjecting his own thoughts, right?
little lamb wrote:
No.. Christians are people in a new covenant ..not a religion at all.
Here’s another newsflash: Christianity is in fact a religion.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

little lamb wrote:
Answering in order..
[1] You are quite capable of reading it for yourself...
And you are quite capable of quoting your actually claim so that I can first discern which of the many versions of the bible that you are specifically referring to, right?
little lamb wrote:
[2] Adam...sin and death came into the world through one man..
Law is the knowledge of sin
Newsflash: There was sin before Adam in other religions.
little lamb wrote:
[3] "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." go argue with Jesus ..
If a woman looketh on another woman to lust after her,“Has she committed adultery,” if you do not mind my asking? And if a 15-year old boy lust after his single 22-year female teacher,“Has he committed adultery?” You see, we must understand that Jesus was specifically referring to a man lusting after a “married woman,” not “any woman.”
little lamb wrote:
[4] Yes
Yes, to what?
little lamb wrote:
[5] According to Jesus ..a man leaves his mother and father and the two become one flesh..Jesus teaches us , that was Gods purpose from the beginning..
Jesus was teaching that divorce was not created in the beginning... and he pointed out the hypocrisy, nothing more.
little lamb wrote:
Abraham fell short of the original purpose of marriage , and paid the price of bringing trouble in his family .
Well,“Did the price include God blessing the offspring of Abraham’s sexual affair with his handmaid,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
[6] God acts justly ..and loves justice.
Really? If so,“Is that why He destroyed all of the people on earth with the exception of eight people,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
[7] Men can read the scriptures all they like..obeying the word is a different matter
And people can selectively live by that which was written 2,000 years ago if they wish, right?
little lamb wrote:
James " Become doers of the word and not forgetful hearers.."
Again, Christians live by the bible, which is great. However, that think that everyone else should live by the same book, which is sad.
little lamb wrote:
[8]Slavery existed for centuries..Slavery was practiced in every ancient culture: Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, Roman and Israelite.
Yes, I agree.
little lamb wrote:
Slavery was an integral part of ancient commerce, taxation, and temple religion
Again, I agree.
little lamb wrote:
Patrick of Ireland was sold into slavery ..
Ditto
little lamb wrote:
.then as the gospels spread the Christian abolitionist movement began to argue , it is wrong to sell man who is created in the image of god as a slave..So It was the gospels that had such an effect on the consciences of men of good will
I most respectfully disagree. After all, many Christians had slaves.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

little lamb wrote:
[9] Constitution is to do with politics, a true Christian was to keep clear of the world..but Christian influence affected the men who were going for power ,
“Whatever happened to separation of church and state,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
[10] God is sovereign ..he brings war onto nations that act badly ..they were not innocent,,false assumption.
I assure you that some of the infants that were destroyed were in fact innocent. But then again, collateral damage happens, even with God, right?
little lamb wrote:
[11]God made the deal right from the start with Israel ..blessings and curses ..they signed up ..

Yes, the deal was with Israel, right?

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

little lamb wrote:
I believe you tackle this from the wrong end of the stick
All men are capable of evil..race has nothing to do with it.
Yes, I agree that all men, regardless of race, have the capacity for evil. However, it was one particular race of men who enslaved another here in America, right?
little lamb wrote:
But scripture states " it is the same for a man as for an individual' so there can be national sin as well as individual sin.
Please know that the word sin carries a religious meaning.
little lamb wrote:
Israel went into captivity to Babylon for seventy years because of disobedience..and that was at a national level.
Wow! I guess you view the bible as a history book, rather than a legend, right?
little lamb wrote:
The fact is there are causes why people end up in slavery ..
And the cause is man desire to control and rule over another man for personal gain, right?
little lamb wrote:
Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers..but he as an individual had God with him..and he arose to become second to Pharaoh through his gift.
Again, this is a biblical story, with all due respect.
little lamb wrote:
God as sovereign states
For they had behaved rebelliously against the sayings of God . And the counsel of the most high they had disrespected ..
Please know that God and Jesus’ concern were for the people of Israel.
little lamb wrote:
So with trouble he proceeded to subdue their hearts...
A captive in irons can even be those who are unable to move because of disabilities ..there are all sorts of captive conditions..
Yes, this is what Jesus allegedly said.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

little lamb wrote:
Absolutely ..you are a prime example of a man believing his own illusion ..that there is no moral Law.
Again, please know that my life is not predicated on beliefs or faith, but rather empirical evidence, logic, and reasoning. And remember that morality is dictated by power.
little lamb wrote:
I agree religion has caused wars..but not just Christian religion , have a look at the trouble between Hindu's and Islam in India..have a look at the sectarian fighting in the Middle east between the Islamic sects..
Well, please know that I do not limit my argument to Christianity when I say religion.
little lamb wrote:
I would state the number one persecutor against Christian is homosexuals as they push the boundaries of Gods Law to suit themselves.
“Is it God’s law or their personal rights that is their major concern,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote:
I know in my country they were one of the greatest advocates for multi-culturism..with the sole objective to weaken Christian influence..too bad they just might get what they didn't expect ...
The operative words are “in [your] country,” right? And if so, then please know that what is going on in your country is not universal, just like the belief in a single God named Jealous is not a universal belief.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Phoenix wrote:
Sir, I've not said once that Christianity is the one true religion.
And I have not accused you once of saying that you did, right?
Phoenix wrote:
I'm simply stating that Jesus is the Way.....the Life.....the Lamb of God.....
According to your belief, right?
Phoenix wrote:
I believe people must have a personal relationship with Him not some man made religion.
Talk and walk with Him
Invite Him into every aspect of our life
With all due respect, you are talking about your beliefs. Thus, please know that I am challenging your beliefs, but rather some of the unscriptural claims that you might make as a result thereof.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Phoenix wrote:
Sir, the Law of God always existed even before the Mosaic law.
According to your beliefs, or according to empirical evidence?
Phoenix wrote:
How else do you think Abraham and Noah were able to obey Him.
What if neither Abraham nor Noah historically existed?

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Phoenix wrote:
Learn about the holiness of God.
It will answer all your questions.
Please know that none of my questions require answers, but rather they require one to engage in critical thinking, something of which was forbidden by the church, right?
Phoenix wrote:
Slavery is still going on in Africa between black people.
Does that make it more moral than the European?
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
Yes, I agree that all men, regardless of race, have the capacity for evil. However, it was one particular race of men who enslaved another here in America, right?
little lamb wrote, " But scripture states " it is the same for a man as for an individual' so there can be national sin as well as individual sin. "

Please know that the word sin carries a religious meaning.
little lamb wrote, " Israel went into captivity to Babylon for seventy years because of disobedience..and that was at a national level. "

Wow! I guess you view the bible as a history book, rather than a legend, right?
little lamb wrote, " The fact is there are causes why people end up in slavery .. "

And the cause is man desire to control and rule over another man for personal gain, right?
little lamb wrote, " Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers..but he as an individual had God with him..and he arose to become second to Pharaoh through his gift. "

Again, this is a biblical story, with all due respect.
little lamb wrote, " God as sovereign states
For they had behaved rebelliously against the sayings of God . And the counsel of the most high they had disrespected .. "

Please know that God and JesusÂ’ concern were for the people of Israel.
little lamb wrote, " So with trouble he proceeded to subdue their hearts...
"

Yes, this is what Jesus allegedly said.
Yet there were black slave owners in the USA.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Black Mormon Pope wrote:
It is a pity that yo feel persecuted.
No, I do not feel persecuted.
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Perhaps you should take that up with your mommy.
And perhaps, you can elevate your responses to a more mature level, right?
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
If you think she hates for being gay, maybe in reality she just hates you.
Wow! It is obvious that you do not realize that I am a heterosexual, who is happily married.
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Now, please explain how you gays are being persecuted.
Again, you might need to be a little more aware of who you talking to before you start casting aspersions, with all due respect.
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
It has already been proven that gays persecute gays.
Really? And if so, please show me the peer-reviewed research.
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
You gays hate yourselves and thus suicide, you gays hate ex-gays, you hate transsexuals, and lesbians and gays hate each other, and as for the hate crimes against gays well the FBI hate crimes division says that it is mostly gay on gay, like McKinney, who was bisexual, killed Matthew Shepard, for drugs and money. He hated Matthew because he had neither and Matthew had both.
I find it very interesting that you are still casting aspersions. At any rate, I find it particularly interesting that McKinney being a bisexual did not come out until after his conviction. But then again, prison interviews and testimonies are very creditable evidence , right?
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Amazing though, since blacks and people of religion are persecuted way more often. In fact, the genocides in Africa are based on religious persecution.
If religious people would only apply their beliefs to others that have like minds, then I think that it would be much more tolerable.

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Really, so you are claiming that blacks had slaves and then sold them to Europeans. Sorry, that is not what happened at all. What happened was this, blacks sold prisoners of war to Europeans.
Wow! Nowhere in any of post have I claimed that Blacks had slaves. Thus, this red herring argument is a moot point, right?
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Are you also saying that when a mother gives her daughter to a man, if the man later beats, rapes, chops her head off, and kills her then then mother gave her daughter away for that purpose?
With all due respect,“Why are you digressing to red herring arguments?”
&#8195;
Black Mormon Pope wrote:
Slavery is still going on in Europe, between white people and still going on in Asia between Asians. Whites are still exterminating each other and putting each other in gas chambers, like the white devil Hitler did to the white Jews. Many Jews turned other Jews in as enemies of the state.
If I may very respectful ask,“What does the tangent has to do with the previous discussion?”
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

gundee123 wrote:
Well,“Can everyone be right from a physiological, as opposed to a psychological, perspective that is,” if you do not mind my asking?
little lamb wrote, " Not arguing ..stating Jesus is THE WAY.. "

When you state that Jesus is the way, that is an argument, unless you have empirical evidence to offer that proves such, right?
little lamb wrote, " Notice you didn't ask for the new testament Jude..however "

Well, that is because Jude did not write the OT scripture, but rather offer his interpretation thereof, right?
little lamb wrote, " Lev 20 [13]
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them. "

Please know that the Hebrew word for male is “zakar.” And in Hebrew, this word means more than any male. You see, it is a “sacred male” who engages in sexual acts with other men to worship a fertility God, which by the way, makes this an abomination.
little lamb wrote, " Ezekiel 16:49-50 - the sin - "Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned: they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me."
Now we know what God declares are 'detestable acts . because he has already told is in the Law. "

Worshiping other Gods is detestable before the God of Israel. After all, He is a revengeful God whose name is Jealous. However, you think that it is homosexuality is detestable, right? And if so, then I most respectfully ask,“Is a married heterosexual couple engaging in oral and anal sex detestable before God?” And if so, please cite the specific scripture that will affirm this, if you would be so kind.
little lamb wrote, " Again Peter states ones are twisting Pauls letters like they do the rest of the scriptures..So John uses the phrase 'rest of the scriptures' and not like you are trying to say 'twisting scriptures ' Peter puts in the phrase 'rest of'..meaning quite clear Paul's letters are in with the rest of the scriptures. "

Here is a newsflash: Peter is neither the Messiah nor God, but rather one of JesusÂ’ apostles who forsaken Him, right? Nonetheless, Peter never claimed that PaulÂ’s writings were scripture, but rather than people had problem interpreting them just like they had problems interpreting the other scriptures. Unfortunately, for those who want to consider PaulÂ’s letters as scripture, they will reach for almost anything, right? And in doing so, they must ignore that Paul himself said that some of the things that he wrote were by permission, not commandment. This means that Paul was interjecting his own thoughts, right?
little lamb wrote, " No.. Christians are people in a new covenant ..not a religion at all."

HereÂ’s another newsflash: Christianity is in fact a religion.
Sir, sin is sin.
Phoenix

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Black Mormon Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery is still going on in Europe, between white people and still going on in Asia between Asians. Whites are still exterminating each other and putting each other in gas chambers, like the white devil Hitler did to the white Jews. Many Jews turned other Jews in as enemies of the state.
I agree that slavery exists but there are some black people on topix that think slavery has been eradicated hence my previous post in regards to Africa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,241 - 2,260 of4,135
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 21 min 15th Dalai Lama 5,937
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 21 min -Lea- 78,168
A Message from Nettie 22 min angelinaUK 300
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 26 min Brother Lee Love 1,241
Does Prayer Make A Difference? 53 min Cliff09 20
The King James Bible Still Remains 1 hr comment 34
Speaking in tongues 2 hr Barnsweb 76
•••
•••